Afternote:Jim's Philosophy of Life - Cover

Afternote:Jim's Philosophy of Life

by Crunchy

Copyright© 2019 by Crunchy

True Story: Jim from "My Life as a Dog" spouts his insights on the nature of life.

Tags: Fairy Tale  

It turns out that all life really is one, an expression of God if you will, the Word which is all life, DNA. But life is separate from Physics so we still have not unmasked the face of the Mystery. The Architect can still be inferred from the construction- matter, energy, and spirit in it’s various manifestations.

Trees of differing species exchange nutrients through fungal connecting mats, various species adopt and nurture the offspring of other species, some birds foster their eggs in the nest of other species of birds, all life down to the mites and protozoa feed on the bounty- Except for a few bits of life which are on the outs with the DNA club.

Except for viruses. They are replicons, breaking down life cells and hijacking their purpose, duplicating themselves but not feeding or stirring the genetic froth themselves aside from when they steal and transport and snip and insert and otherwise muck about with the God-Word. Other authors it seems have referred to bubble and ferment, I don’t know if in relation to DNA or not.

viruses as lurkers instead of participants in the dance. But they alter and change the lives which do, stealing snippets of choice bits and inserting them elsewhere, Loki the Joker, Coyote, Enki. More numerous than all the rest, possibly the leftover bits of primordial stew which are still brewing the froth.

Certainly part of why new species evolve, a sudden changeling in the nest, Honey, how could you have mated with a dragon when none have existed until now? Not to mention random hybridization which create new differences and new possibilities.

Life, the God-word doesn’t mind genetic manipulation, all life strives to live. The viruses shuffle the cards frequently anyway, and what works one time or doesn’t work the next depends on the circumstances. Life loves to take a chance, gamble, play the odds. Casting the pollen to the wind, the milt spread to the tide, the tiny larva floating free in the sea, the numbers ensuring that some survive to become barnacles or mussels while the rest are eaten feeding multitudes.

Life doesn’t mind sharing, eating each other be it vegetation or flesh, spreading the solar bounty down the food chain (or is that ‘up’?) thwarting entropy with ever more complex and beautiful life forms. So although it looks like all life is selfishly devouring each other it is really just sharing the solar bounty throughout the various populations.

The only life which isn’t dependent on the sun and the nurture it provides are warding off entropy by sucking on mama earth’s titty getting energy from super-hot underwater thermal vents.

After all, we’re all just living, here.

Humans are amazing and life rejoices and loves our art, music, physical expression. But if we don’t make it there is plenty of life left which in time will repurposed to fulfill all the wonderful roles. Instead of a long-necked dinosaur, or a giraffe you will have a giant 300 lb rodent descendant of a rat develop a long neck to feed on higher branches.

Moles are little organic nodes of hi-jacked DNA, repurposed as markers and survey cache, continued down several generations as the timescale of the purposeful genetic re-shuffling by the viruses isn’t within human comprehension.

It is a fact, that life lives, and dies. Life lives, recombines the God-Word, and dies, to feed and fuel and make room for the newest model. In this case, the human form. You see, life enjoys rationality and self contemplation, when it isn’t in survival mode. The goal of life is to enjoy it’s self, to play and love and to not be constantly in survival mode. Predator life enjoys the hunt, it’s just how the God-Word expresses in that form is all.

Herring love being part of the crowd, and to feel the thrill of cheating death when it is the other one that is gobbled down leaving it’s self to froth up the latest model with milt and eggs.

Many species including humans have a “built in cut-off-switch” that clicks when the shark pulls you under (for humans) or when the lion has your neck (for impala) or when some one shouts at you unexpectedly (for fainting goats). I think it developed in humans because no struggle drew fewer would be rescuers to their doom- most likely of close genetic relation, reducing that line’s success percentages. The percentages add up over time and total up to extinction more often than not.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.