Variation on a Theme, Book 1 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 1

Copyright© 2020 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 63: Birthday, Family Style

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 63: Birthday, Family Style - What if you had a second chance at life? Steve finds himself fourteen again, with a chance to do things differently. He quickly finds this new world isn't quite the same as the first time around. Can he make the most of this opportunity, and what does that even mean? Family, friends, love, growth, change, loss, heartache, sadness, recovery, joy, failure, success, and more mix and mingle in a highly character-driven story that's part do-over, part coming-of-age.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Anal Sex   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Tit-Fucking   Slow   Violence  

April 20, 1981

 

After karate, Mom ran Angie and me home, where we were ‘encouraged’ to clean up, shower, and put on nicer clothes. I wasn’t doing the sport coat and tie thing, but a kelly green shirt and black jeans? Sure could. And Angie could manage a pink dress and the shoes I’d gotten her for Christmas, no problem.

Mom and Dad had already changed, and Angie didn’t take too long, so we got in the car in time for our 8:00pm reservation at Brennerman’s. Quite late for Dad on a Monday, but it was a special occasion. Angie and I chatted some about school, which prompted some friendly interrogation from Mom and Dad. That continued into dinner, which was, as always, terrific. I ordered a steak, Angie ordered salmon, and we shared nearly everything. We even got cutesy and started feeding each other bites of things. I’d worried Mom might find it a bit too much, given her worries, but she just giggled. “Tim and I used to do that. And Ryan, sometimes, but mostly Tim. I don’t think my mother ever liked it, but dad thought it was cute.”

Dad grinned. “Well, it is cute. So, I agree. Your father always had good taste.”

“No, he did not!” Mom snorted. “On that point maybe, but you know the sort of wine he preferred. Cheap!”

I was glad for Mom. Grandpa Herrmann had passed away a couple years ago, and I knew it’d hit Mom pretty hard. I hadn’t seen her laugh and joke about him in a while; she always had before his passing. I felt just a bit bad about the whole thing. I’d had so little in common with him that we’d never been close. I’ve always envied kids who actually knew their grandparents and got the whole ‘spoiled grandkid’ experience. I saw mine for a few hours every year, and because my parents were old when they adopted me, the grandparents were all very old. And, of course, Angie had no connection to the Wisconsin branch at all.

Being hungry teenagers, we naturally finished more food than Mom and Dad in less time. We asked them to excuse us from the table and went outside to walk through the garden and see the peacocks. Angie’s hand found mine before we were even out the door.

“It’s been nine months, big brother. Can you believe everything that’s happened?”

“We were getting close then, but baby steps. I certainly wasn’t doing this.” I squeezed her hand.

“And I wouldn’t have been sure what to think about it if you did. Well, I probably would’ve been sure, and I would’ve been wrong.”

“I hate to even speculate on what’ll be happening a year from now. I know my prediction from then would be nowhere near reality.”

She laughed. “You didn’t just come out of your shell, you blew the thing up and smashed all the pieces, big brother.”

“And you didn’t just settle in a bit, you moved into my heart, lock, stock and barrel.”

“Can you see the parents?”

“No.”

Her lips met mine, briefly, but warmly. “And you into mine.”

“And, you didn’t just introduce me to your friends, or vice versa. We made them all our friends.”

She looked around. “This place is so nice. I think I’d like to come here for my birthday.”

“I’m sure they’d agree. In a heartbeat.”

Well, I’m not right about everything.

 

When we got back to the table, Angie and I dropped hands and sat back down. Mom had her ‘aww’ face on, but stayed quiet. Dad shifted a little. “Happy Birthday, son. It’s been quite a year. You gave us a giant worry, but I guess we old fools just worry easily.”

“Nah, it was a big deal. You did just right. I was the foolish one. I’m never riding without my helmet again, and I’m twice as careful ... three times as careful, even.”

“Well, we got past it just fine,” Mom smiled, reaching over to pat my arm. “And the doctor’s pretty sure we’re all done with it soon. June 17. Just in time.”

Just in time for what? Maybe... ?

Dad was talking again. “Well, I guess we’re gluttons for punishment. Here’s your birthday present, son.”

He handed me a card. Hmm? I opened it. Inside the completely expected sappy birthday card were some folded papers. I opened the first one. Driving lessons for the second half of the summer! The next paper was a copy of the hardship license paperwork, and the last ... the last was a cut-out picture of a giant land yacht. A Buick LeSabre, circa 1971. The same car I’d had the first time through. Nearly two years earlier, this time. You could put six kids in it comfortably. Up to 10 if they were friendly, and the driver wasn’t concerned about being squished or about safety. Giant gas-guzzling engine, nearly indestructible in a crash. I’d banged it up the first time a time or two, but never seriously.

“Wow! I’m ... I don’t know what to say except thank you, Dad, Mom. Thank you!”

Angie leaned over and looked, eyes getting bigger. Before she could even say anything, Mom jumped in. “We hate to spoil your surprise, Angie, but we thought this one time we could give you the same thing as your brother. Well, not the exact same thing.”

“OOooooO!” Angie bounced over and hugged them both. “You’re right, it may be the only time the same present will work for us both!”

Dad smiled. “We haven’t worked out the specific vehicle yet. I’ve got some irons in the fire.”

Angie hopped back into her seat, bouncing. “Um ... Steve and I were talking about it, outside. Can we come here for my birthday, too? Pretty please?” She made her eyes really big and batted her eyelashes.

Dad looked apologetic. Except I could catch the amusement in Mom’s eyes. Ang was looking at him and missed it. “I’m sorry, honey. I already made a different reservation.”

Angie looked a little disappointed. “Well, I’m sure it’ll be wonderful, and I like new places.” Her eyes flicked to me. I shrugged, but now I had a guess.

“You’ll have to tell me if you don’t want to go to Giordano’s, though.”

“G ... what? Giordano’s?! No way!” And Angie was up like a shot, hugging them both. I vaguely remembered the name. “Steve! Steve! Giordano’s was Daddy Frank’s and my favorite, favorite restaurant in Evanston! Pizza to just die for! Oh!” She realized and looked at Dad. “We’re going up there by the 25th?!”

He nodded. “We thought we’d change the trip this year, after skipping last year to just be together. Robert and Monica want to see you, and your grandmother and Professor Berman. And then you need to meet Helen’s entire branch of the family.” Dad had been in his thirties when his mother remarried, and he always called her new husband Professor Berman. I think it’d once been The Professor, but not since ‘Gilligan’s Island’, I believe. He’d retired a few years ago, but had been in the law department at Northwestern for decades.

“How long are we going for?” She was bouncing around, grinning.

“About two weeks total. You’ll be back just in time to get through driving school.”

“I can’t wait! Steve! I get to show you all my old places!”

“Well, I dunno.” I pretended to be indecisive. With a grin.

I got a growl back. “You will go, and you will like it!”

“Yes, little sister.”

She giggled and hugged me. “It’ll be great.” Then she looked at Dad. “Can we ride the ‘L’ to downtown? And just goof around?”

“If you want to, sure. I left in a couple days with no plans. Steve always wants to see Science and Industry...” “and I do again...” “but otherwise we’re open.”

“I’d love to go to the Art Institute! And Chinatown!”

“I think we can do both on the ‘L’.”

That would be a big, big difference. I’d never once been to Chinatown with my parents. I’d never had Chinese with them that didn’t come out of a Chung-King can. I wondered if I could get them to try Dim Sum. If Angie knew about Dim Sum.

This was going to be awesome!


Just after we got home, the phone rang.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.