Variation on a Theme, Book 1 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 1

Copyright© 2020 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 58: Sadie-ism

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 58: Sadie-ism - What if you had a second chance at life? Steve finds himself fourteen again, with a chance to do things differently. He quickly finds this new world isn't quite the same as the first time around. Can he make the most of this opportunity, and what does that even mean? Family, friends, love, growth, change, loss, heartache, sadness, recovery, joy, failure, success, and more mix and mingle in a highly character-driven story that's part do-over, part coming-of-age.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Anal Sex   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Tit-Fucking   Slow   Violence  

April 3, 1981

 

I’m not sure why the Sadie Hawkins dance was on a Friday, but it was. That made life more complicated. Bike home, shower, change, ride with mom to Nancy’s, meet her folks, ride to Pop’s.

I managed the ride in good time. Angie and I sparred over the shower, but since she’d need more time than I needed, I gave it to her.

She suggested sharing. I thought Mom would blow a gasket at that. Or at our ever being naked together. Telling her we’d been fine the other times wouldn’t have helped, I was certain!

Angie showered, then headed to her room. I jumped in, cleaned up, fixed my hair, and went to my room to finish up. By the time I was out, Angie was ready for the bathroom again.

I’d gotten a shirt, black and red, that met Nancy’s approval. Angie had done herself up in a gingham dress and white boots, cowgirl hat, and a big red belt. Dad insisted on pictures.

Mom ran me to Nancy’s, while Angie waited for Gene to arrive for his interrogation. His questioning might be harder post-Max, but he’d pass with flying colors. I was pretty sure I’d manage at Nancy’s. Still nervous, though.

I got out, walked up to the door, waved to Mom, and rang the doorbell. It opened, and a guy opened it. Forty or so, dress shirt, what looked like suit pants, no tie.

“Hello, Mr. Gardiner. I’m Steve Marshall. Your daughter has asked me to accompany her to tonight’s dance.”

He extended his hand; I shook. Nice, firm grip that I matched. He smiled.

“Nancy’s told me a lot about you.”

“Don’t believe any of it!”

He laughed. “Come on in. You know how it goes; she’s still getting ready.”

“I’ve got a little sister. Well, not that little, but a sister. I get it.”

“Your sister’s going to the same dance, right? Also a freshman, then?”

I followed him to the living room; he sat, and I sat across from him.

“Yes. She’s part of the same study group that Nancy joined in November. That’s how we know each other, really.”

“Twins?”

“No. Her father — my uncle — passed away, and she moved here. We ... well, my parents ... adopted her as soon as we could.”

“That’s great that they could do that. Well, and you, welcoming an instant sister. I’m glad she’s doing well.”

“Very well.”

“So, what’re your plans for the night?” He was smiling. And not like a shark, thankfully.

“Escort Nancy to dinner and the dance, treat her like a princess, dance with her until we’re too tired to move, and deliver her back to you. And then see her Sunday at study group and hope I haven’t disappointed her, or I’ll hear about it.”

He laughed. “Yes, you will. No doubt. Any ideas on what you’d like to study in college?”

I hesitated. “I’m not sure, Sir. I’ve always thought something with computers, because I enjoy using them and programming them. But my interests have broadened out quite a bit this year.”

“In what way?”

“I’ve gotten involved in debate. Well, not debate, actually, but that’s the category. I’m doing extemporaneous speaking. I’m still competing in math tournaments, but so far this year, one math, five debate, with one to go.”

“I did a lot of speech and debate in high school. A lot of lawyers do.”

“That’s what you do?”

He nodded. “Yes. I work in the U.S. Attorney’s office, specializing in white-collar crime.”

“It’s on the list of options. I find the law fascinating. And this summer I’ll be learning how to do research in a law library.”

“Not a lot of high school sophomores in law libraries, Steve. That’ll give you a big jump when you get to college. Any idea where you’re looking? I know it’s early. Nancy keeps reminding me of that!”

“I’m not sure. I’m not on the grade-point treadmill, or I wouldn’t be in Debate. So, probably nothing like the Ivies. My list right now has UT, Rice, A&M, maybe something in the Big 10 — my dad went to Michigan, and I like Northwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, and maybe Purdue — or maybe something out west; Stanford, Berkeley, maybe a few others. Those seem like the most likely. But as you said, it’s early.”

“Still, those are all top-tier. No surprise, I know your grades are right up there with Nancy’s, and she’s straight-A’s.”

“Almost everyone in the study group is. There are a couple B’s, that’s it. And I mean on exams, not semesters. Semesters, straight-A across the board.”

“Don’t let the studying run your life too much, Steve. Not that I think you are. Just find that balance between grades, friends, activities. All of it. Schools appreciate a 3.95 with a bunch of ... well, life... more than they like a 4.0 and nothing outside the classroom.”

“I’d go nuts that way. That’s why I’m in Debate. Attempt something a bit uncomfortable, try new things, meet good people.”

We heard a door open in the background. “They must be ready! Nice meeting you, Steve.” We both got up, and we shook hands.

I adore Nancy’s hair. Pixie-cut brown hair, styled just right. Her outfit was cute, modest, country, but still showed her off well. “You look amazing.”

“Why thank you, kind Sir!” She turned up the Texas in her accent. For kids growing up in Houston in the 70s and 80s, Houston wasn’t ‘Texas’. Probably three-quarters of the kids I knew had started life somewhere else and moved here with their parents in the boom-town years, which never really ended. The typical accent was a pretty bland middle-American sound. But everyone heard enough East Texas accents that we could turn it up when we wanted and not sound ridiculous.

I offered my arm, she strolled over, and her mom said, “Aww, aren’t they adorable! Get the camera, Michael!”

“Already got it, dear.” He rose, snapped a few. Snapped a few more. “There, that should do it. Let’s get you two on the road!”

“Thanks, Daddy. I’m famished!”

He laughed. We headed to his BMW. I helped Nancy into the back, catching the approving look on Mr. Gardiner’s face, then went around and got in myself. I took her hand, squeezed gently, and we were on our way.

We chatted a bit about classes and such, fielding a few softball questions from her dad, until we arrived.

“You take good care of my daughter, Steve! I’ll see you after the dance, Nancy. I love you!”

“Love you, too, dad!”

Again, I offered my arm, and we headed up to the door, where much of the group had already met. Neither Jimmy nor Connie were present at dinner, though they were both going. Carol Danner had seized the opportunity and asked Jimmy. I knew he could do better; the thing was, of course, he already had. Connie was dating someone none of us knew. I was virtually certain her parents were behind it. She’d been tight-lipped about it.

The rest of us enjoyed some good burgers and pleasant conversation. I struggled a little, getting my head straight about Gene. So far, with the obvious exceptions of Mom and Dad, and Meg, he was the person I had the strongest memories of from the first go-round. Not that a few of the freshman and sophomores on the debate team hadn’t stuck it out — they had — but the first time through, Cammie and Henry had dropped out just as I joined and Janice and I had only overlapped one year and not gotten close. Adam, Zoe, Callie and Kenzie had all quit.

Janet and Lizzie were still there, but in their own world, along with Brad, who I’d gotten to know and talked with, but not been really close with. I was pretty sure I hadn’t even known Janet was with Lizzie, not then. Hints, but I’d missed them until much later. They weren’t open about it the way they were now. Of course, that assumes they were still together then, but I imagined they probably had been.

While talking with Gene, I had to remember this was our first meeting and that every one of my ‘remember when’ stories, he wouldn’t. He seemed to give Angie the attention she deserved. That was the most important thing.

After dinner it was time to head over to the gym, now decorated to fit the western theme. Cutout cacti, some hay bales, a big Texas flag — it worked. Many people had dressed for the theme — and many hadn’t. It hadn’t been the most popular theme.

We took over a couple of adjoining tables in the freshman section, which had moved back to its old location. I had a feeling they would keep moving it. The guys ventured forth and fetched snacks and punch, and we waited for the dance proper to get going.

Connie came in on the arm of a slender Vietnamese boy in a tan suit. She’d gone with a flowery dress, but had conceded to the theme with boots and a red hat. She spotted us, waved, and came over. “Hi, everyone. This is my date, Daniel Tran. Daniel, these are the kids in my study group. Well, mostly. Angie’s date I don’t know so well.”

Gene hopped up and shook hands with them both. “Nice to meet you, Connie. And you, Daniel.” Everyone else followed suit in greeting Daniel, if a bit reluctantly, with the obvious exception of Jimmy.

Connie guided Daniel to a spot well away from Jimmy and they sat, talking mostly with each other.

The music started, and I rose and offered my hand to Nancy. “Shall we?”

“Why, yes, we shall!”

From then on, it was nearly nonstop. As always, I danced with all the girls — again including Angie — but, of course, mostly with Nancy. Connie was very hesitant to step away from Daniel and I could tell he didn’t like it any time she did, but I couldn’t skip asking her to dance. I didn’t talk about him while we danced; Sunday would be soon enough. If I got a chance, anyway.

The music was a mix of current pop music, older standards, and some country-and-western. The square and line dances they had put us through in PE came in handy, though we still made a mess of them.

I think you’d have to have known us to realize that Mel wasn’t Andy’s date, and that Cammie wasn’t Cal’s. Anyone looking from the outside would’ve seen what they expected. We could see the little interactions that made up the true dates. Everyone was familiar with Emily and the Wonder Twins now. Mrs. Higgins was no happier than she’d been, but knew she’d lose a confrontation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.