The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 9

The take down went perfectly and they got their captive out to the farmhouse without any problems. Paulie and Moe left to take Moe back to Kay’s house and Paulie was stopping to get some supplies and go back to the farmhouse. It took a couple of days but they manage to squeeze all the information out of Bruno.

Bruno in a drug induced state, said the following. “He and his brother Phillip and Virgil formed a small drug cartel to push drugs out of a vacant warehouse. Phillip was the brains of the operation, Virgil had the contacts and I was the muscle. When the police raided the warehouse, Phillip was the only there and was arrested. Barzin took over the cartel and started up the drug business working out of the XYZ warehouse. He had Virgil run it, with Sonny as his helper. They moved the drugs through deliveries to various restaurants and grocery stores. That was Sonny’s idea. I sometimes supplied muscle to help Virgil out. That Sonny was an idiot, he was reckless and stupid, he bragged to me one time that Virgil was looking to lease a warehouse that had a hidden vault in it. I followed an XYZ truck to the warehouse a couple of times. The truck was inside for a short period of time and then left. I was almost sure that it was Virgil driving the truck. I broke into the place one time and searched the place, but never found anything inside, or any hidden vault. Then things fell apart, Sonny was killed, Virgil was in jail and Barzin had disappeared. I decide to take a vacation out west until things cooled down a bit. When I got back into town, I had a contact. He’s an attorney and his name is Hyman Roth. I don’t know who Hyman was working for, but he gave me instructions to take out Luca, which I did, but somehow Luca survived the fall. I was then ordered to fulfill the contract and take out Luca and the rest of his team.”

That was the extent of the information that they got out of Bruno. Paulie stayed with Bruno at the farm house, while Sal and Peter took the tape recording back to Luca.

The next day in Tom’s office, Luca, Sal, Peter, and Moe were meeting to discuss the information they got from Bruno. It was decided to let Bruno overhear them talking about the warehouse and the money and drugs. Then give Bruno a chance to escape to relay the information back to Hyman Roth. They would keep the warehouse staked out see just what would happen and if the people that Roth was working for came to recover their drugs and money. The team working with the police and FBI would swoop in for the capture.


A few days had passed Kay and the baby were doing fine. She didn’t have any more pains. But Luca wouldn’t let her do anything. He carried her everywhere. He catered to her every need. Kay saw a side of him that she never thought existed and it made her love him even more. He is a good man. A loving man. She was thinking about him when he walked in. She smiled at him.

“Hi handsome!”

“You look cheerful.” Luca grinned.

Kay let out a little sigh. “I am. So, you have that look on your face.”

“What look?” Luca smiled.

“The look that tells me you’re up to something.”

“Well since you brought it up, I was thinking we should get married before the baby is born.” He said

Kay’s jaw dropped. “Why?”

“I just think it would be easier.

Kay thought about it for a few moments.

“I think that would be a good idea. But...”

“Great. How about tomorrow?” He said as he stood up.

“Tomorrow?” Kay was shocked.

“Yes. The baby can be born anytime. I think we should play it safe.”

Kay cleared her throat. “What if the baby is born tonight?” She saw a panicked look on his face she didn’t intend for.

“Are you okay? Are you in pain? Are you bleeding?” He quickly sat down next to her.

“No, no Luca. I was teasing.” She felt bad that he got so worried.

He just sat for a second. He nodded. He realized she was teasing but he panicked. “I am sorry. I umm ... I am just worried that’s all.”

“I know. I am sorry.” She grabbed his hand. “I still need Tom here for some paper work though.”

“Yeah. I got a hold of him. He said he could come over tonight.”

“So, you were pretty sure I would say yes?”

“I was hoping. Being very hopeful.” He winked at her.

She just shook her head and smiled at him. How could she not love him? Tom arrived a couple hours later. He had both Kay’s and Luca’s finances. He knew this might be a little rough going. But he was prepared. He had to be. Kay insisted that they have the meeting in the living room. She needed to get out of the bedroom for a while. With a lot of talking and pleading Luca finally agreed. He set up the couch for her and carried her out. Tom was waiting patiently.

He stood when Luca walked into the room. He had a smile on his face. “You look good Kay.”

“Thank you, Tom. You must be busy lately. Haven’t seen too much of you.”

Luca put her down on the couch.

“Yes, I have been busy working on a case.”

“Really? What kind?” Luca asked.

“Nothing that you would be interested in.” Tom smiled.

They spent an hour reviewing the finances and the prenup that protected both and set up some security for their child. Just then Kay felt like she was trapping Luca. She felt she was taking that part of his life away. Her heart started to sink. She didn’t want to trap him into taking care of her and a baby. Stop it Kay. He came after you. He wants you. You are not trapping him! she shook her head.

“Kay are you okay?” Lua looked at her. Tom was staring at her to.

“I uh ... I am fine.”

“You don’t look fine.” Luca said as he sat next to her.

“Kay.” Tom called her. She looked at him. Tom knew this panicked look. “You’re just having cold feet. Luca loves you. He wants to be your husband and the father of your baby. The baby you both created through love. Do you understand?”

Luca looked at Tom funny. He just lifted his hand to silence him.

“Kay?”

“Yes?”

“What are your thoughts right now? Don’t hold back. It won’t help.” Tom said softly.

“Um...” She had tears in her eyes. “I don’t want to trap Luca. He ah ... He will give up the things he loves. He asked about the cases when you walked in. I saw the spark in his eyes. I can’t take that away from him. He will resent me.”

Tom looked over at Luca. Waiting for him to reply.

“Kay, I am not giving up anything. I love you and the baby. Cases will come and go. I can choose what I want to work on. You are not asking me to give up anything. I choose to be here. I choose to take care of you and the baby, do you understand?” His voice was soft and calming. He wiped the tears off her cheek. He kissed her. “You are not trapping me into anything. Okay?”

She nodded. “I uh ... Am nervous and scared. Unsure of myself.” She let out a nervous laugh.

“Things will work out Kay. Luca is a good man. I wouldn’t steer you wrong.” Tom smiled at her.

She looked at Luca. “I know he is a good man.”

“And you my love are a good woman.” Luca looked at her.


The next day the wedding went off without a problem. All their friends were there to congratulate the happy couple. The wedding didn’t last too long, they all knew Kay needed her rest. Luca went out to see his guests out. He thanked all of them. Soon the house was quiet. He started picking up the place when he heard her scream his name. He ran to the bedroom.

“What’s wrong?”

Kay was breathing hard she had tears in her eyes. “I am bleeding.”

Luca quickly dialed the operator and the ambulance was there in ten minutes. He was trying to calm down a terrified Kay. He himself was panicked. When the ambulance arrived, he called Sal and Sal contacted everyone else.

Luca wouldn’t let them take Kay out of his sight. He was in every room they took her to. They almost had to call security. Everyone else was waiting in the waiting room.

“Kay everything will be alright darlin’.” he was trying to calm her.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.