The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 3

A Month Later:

Kay was a nervous wreck and her grand opening was in two days. The reconstruction of her restaurant was complete. She went over various names for her new restaurant, but in the end, she named it Adams Family Diner. She contacted Holly and her old staff. Most of them wanted to come back and work for her. They all loved working for Kay. They couldn’t wait for the grand opening. She hired a few new people. She had background checks done on them all. She was firmer on the way the restaurant would be run. Especially in the deliveries she would oversee all of them. She sat behind her desk looking over the menu. She heard a knock on the door and looked up. She smiled.

“Peter, Sal it’s so good to see you.” She went over and gave them a hug. “Well what do you think?”

“It will be a hit Kay.” Peter smiled at her.

But his smile was different somehow. His eyes didn’t have that smile in them as he usually had. He didn’t seem the same.

“Your last restaurant was successful. I have no doubt this one will be to.” Sal had the same look.

She felt in her heart something desperately was wrong.

“How is Moe and Paulie?” She asked.

Peter cleared his throat. “They are doing well.”

“As a matter of fact, Moe found the love of his life.”

Kay spun around with a smile on her face. “I am so happy for him.”

“Us too. They plan on getting married next month.”

Kay was shocked. Her jaw dropped. “You’re kidding!”

“Nope.” Sal smiled.

“He wanted us to personally come here and hand you the invite.”

“Well of course, of course I will go. But why did he send you and not come himself?”

“They are getting married in Las Vegas. Since we are here in New York he asks us to stop in. He would have come, but things are a little hectic for him and bride to be.

“I understand. How is she? What do you guys think of her?” Kay was excited for Moe. He was such a sweetheart.

“Her name is Simonetta Stefanelli. She comes from a good Italian family. She is a darlin’...” Peter stopped when Kay’s face changed. “I am sorry Kay.”

She held up her hand. “That’s okay. Will Luca be there?”

Peter and Sal looked at each other and then the floor. She knew something was wrong.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong? Tears filled her eyes.”

“Yes, Luca will be there.” Peter said.

Kay let out a breath of relief.

“But there is something you need to know.”

“What?” Panic filled her again. “He is married? He has a girlfriend?”

“No.”

“Then what!” She said a little louder than she wanted to.

“Luca...” Sal started. He cleared his throat but couldn’t continue.

“Luca what? What is wrong with him?” Kay was in full panic now. Tears were leaking out of her eyes and they were starting to run down her cheeks.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.