The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 1

One Month Later:

Virgil was charged with murder, attempted murder, drug trafficking, kidnapping and other charges. He was awaiting his trial. His attorney was Hyman Roth. Tom was puzzled how Virgil got him as his attorney. Hyman was one the most expensive criminal attorney available. The police during their investigation found out that Virgil was transporting his drugs around the city to restaurants that had fresh produce delivered or other grocery items. That was the one good idea Sonny had. Sonny used Kay’s restaurant for experimenting and Kay never had a clue what was happening to her restaurant.

Virgil was being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City. It seemed that Hyman Roth worked for Vito Genovese. Vito was the underboss for Lucky Luciano. Hyman also worked as a conciliator between for Luciano organization and Fulgencio Batista a representative of the Cuban government. Batista was the Luciano’s connection to secure the drugs and have them smuggled into the country.


A meeting was taking place in the office of Vito Genovese between him and Hyman Roth.

“I need you to get to the bottom of this mess between this Virgil Sollozzo and Sonny Corleone. I need know what happen to Barzin? Also, what happened to my drugs and money?” Vito snapped.

“Mr. Genovese, I will talk with Sollozzo and make him an offer he can’t refuse.” Hyman responded.

“Good! I want this mess cleaned up.”

“Consider it done. I will get some people on it right away”

The two men then proceeded to converse about other family business.


A week after his meeting with Vito Genovese, Hyman Roth entered the Metropolitan Correctional Center to speak with his client Virgil Sollozzo. The meeting was held in the prisoner/attorney conference room.

“Good morning Virgil, how are you being treated so far?”

“Good morning Mr. Roth, so far so good.”

“Glad to hear that Virgil. We need to discuss your case. They have you up on some very serious charges. I will do my best to either to get them dismissed or at least reduced.”

“Thank you, Mr. Roth I appreciate all that you are doing for me.”

“Virgil, I am not doing anything for you. It’s Mr. Genovese that you need to thank. He’s the person who’s paying my bill.”

“Yes sir, I will personally thank Mr. Genovese as soon as this is over.”

“Virgil there’s a way you can thank Mr. Genovese. There is a little matter of his missing money and product. The small amount of product found at her farmhouse and on Sonny when they found his body. Plus, the money that Sonny had in a briefcase doesn’t add up to the amount that was missing. Mr. Genovese would consider it a tradeoff for my services if his missing items were returned to him.”

“Mr. Roth, I don’t know what you’re talking about, I don’t have any of Mr. Genovese stuff.”

“Virgil things could get a lot tougher for you in here if you don’t cooperate.”

Virgil was starting to sweat. He had the drugs and money stashed in a warehouse that he had leased. Virgil had found out there was a hidden vault in the wall of the warehouse. It’s very hard to find, unless you know exactly where to look and how to activate the switch. Virgil thought all this time that the money and drugs belong to Barzin. Virgil had no idea that Barzin was part of the Luciano family and worked for Mr. Genovese.

“Mr. Roth, I work at a grocery warehouse under Mr. Barzin, who has some ownership in it. I am just an errand boy for him. It was Mr. Barzin who ran the show. Why don’t you ask him about the missing product and cash?” Virgil whined.

“Come, come now we both know that Barzin is missing and so are three of his key staff members. They are probably dead. Right Virgil?”

“I had nothing to do with Barzin or his staff missing or dead. Nobody can pin anything on me!”

“Well Virgil why don’t you think about this matter. I am due in court in an hour. I will return next week around this time.” Hyman said.


Kay stood at the construction site of her new restaurant. Kay had Tom take care of the will. Tom contacted her and he went over the stipulations of the will. He found a clause that stated, Kay would collect the money if anything happened to Connie before her twenty fifth birthday. With the judgement debts paid off, the money Kay received from the insurance and Connie’s inheritance, she put toward rebuilding her restaurant. She sold the farmhouse and bought a small two bedroom house on the outskirts of the city not far from where she used to live and a short distance to her newly rebuilt restaurant. She never questioned Tom about Luca, but she thought about him all the time.

“Kay, you look great and everything seems to be going well toward the rebuild.” Tom said

“Thank you and yes, it is. I never can thank you enough for all you have done for me.” She smiled at Tom.

“It’s been a pleasure Kay. I am just so sorry things turned out the way they did.”

“I should have known Connie was only using me. But I wanted to believe she needed me.”

“I meant with Luca.”

Kay was quiet for a few seconds. “He’s gone. Isn’t he?”

“Tom drew in a deep breath. I believe he needs to sort things out. He does love you.”

Kay turned and looked at Tom. “I love him with all my heart. But I know he is unsure about himself. I know he loves me.” She turned back around. “Sometimes I feel he’s watching me.” She chuckled. “It’s hard to believe a man as big as Luca can stay hidden when he wants to be.”

“Give him time Kay.”

“I do see Sal and Peter. They stop by to see how things are going.”

“I need to ask.”

“What’s that?”

“When Luca said yellow, you dropped to the ground and Paulie grabbed Virgil’s gun. How did you know?”

Kay smiled remembering the first time she heard the code word.

“Luca and I went over some code words at the safe house. Blue was all clear, Red was for danger and Yellow was for caution and or be prepared. I didn’t notice Paulie anywhere, so I figured he was sneaking up on Virgil. So, I just figured I needed to get out of the way. When Luca said code yellow, I figured something was about to happen, so I dropped to the ground.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.