Walk Like a Man - Cover

Walk Like a Man

Copyright© 2019 by Coaster2

Chapter 7: The Project and Other Things

Young Adult Sex Story: Chapter 7: The Project and Other Things - The life and times of Joel Timmins, an Iowa transplant in Oregon. He does meet the most interesting people, including young ladies.

Caution: This Young Adult Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Thanksgiving was quiet and yet quite pleasant in the Timmins household. My sister Lana and her husband Tom arrived from Denver via the little commuter airport in Redmond. It was good to see them again, as it had been almost a year since that last time we were together. Lana and Tom were quite impressed with our house and all the open space around it. They also commented on the great scenery to the west: this from two who live in the shadow of the Rockies?

“I hear you’re working on a computer project, Joel,” Tom said as we helped Dad with the dishes after the big turkey dinner.

“Yeah ... it’s a scheduling program for a small college. I’ve got a copy of the one Oregon State University uses, but it’s far too complicated for this little local school. There are less than four thousand students enrolled, even counting some post graduate people. My thinking is they need something basic to get started and then build on it if and when the enrollment warrants it. The girl I’m working with is very bright and well versed in computer language and design, but is worried that she’ll over-complicate the design. I’m supposed to keep that from happening.”

“Hey, that’s quite a responsibility for you. Do you think you can handle it?” he asked.

“I really don’t know, Tom. I’m going to try my darndest to contribute. I’ve got a couple of ideas, but I need to run them by Naomi and my instructor, Mr. Conradi. There’s a nice reward at the end of the project if it’s successful: five college credits!”

“Joel did an excellent job this past summer straightening out and computerizing our packaging inventory system at the fertilizer plant, Tom,” Dad interjected. “Worked for two solid months in a dusty, dirty warehouse and put it together single-handedly. We started it up and it’s worked flawlessly since.”

“Wow!” Tom exclaimed. “That’s no small thing. I guess that’s why you’ve been given this opportunity.”

“Yeah ... that’s the reason. I’m going to try and stick to the ‘Kiss Principle’ with it if I can. The Oregon State program is too complicated for this job. I’ve been thinking we should be contacting small colleges to see what they use. Crook College wants to specialize in technical programs, so if we can find some similar other colleges of this type, we might be able to beg, borrow, or steal their system.”

“So, your Mom says this woman you’re working with is a real hot babe,” Tom grinned.

“There’s no doubt she’s easy on the eyes,” I agreed, “but a long way out of my league.”

“Your mother doesn’t seem to think so,” Dad added. “Mind you, we haven’t met her or seen a picture of her yet. If she can rival Teresa, it will make working with her very interesting.”

“I think it will make working with her very distracting,” I offered.

“Risk and reward,” Tom laughed. “We all have to take a risk to get the reward.”


“I’m impressed with how easily you caught on to skiing, Joel. You got the hang of controlling your skis quickly. So, how do you feel about skiing now that you’ve got your first attempt behind you,” Teresa wondered.

“I like it, but my legs are killing me,” I admitted. “I didn’t realize how much flexing and turning and tension I had to endure. My knees are the shock absorbers on the bumps, and that’s what really strains the muscles in my thighs and calves.”

“I do some exercises at the gym to get ready for ski season. I can show you something I do to lessen the strain on your legs,” she suggested.

“Sounds like a great idea if I can find the time,” I agreed.

“Less than an hour a day for a couple of weeks and you’ll really notice the difference,” she promised.

“So it’s something I could do at home?”

“Sure. Just stretch your thighs and calves first, do deep knee bends until you can’t stand to do any more, then stretch again. Give yourself a ten minute rest, then do the exercise again. The most important thing to remember is to stretch. You definitely don’t want to pull a muscle,” she warned.

“Okay, that sounds simple enough. I know about stretching from my brief cross country running experience. I’ll start doing that and then we’ll see if it makes a difference next time I ski.”

“If you keep it up, it will definitely make skiing a greater pleasure with less after effects,” she smiled.

“Thanks, Teresa. I appreciate the help. Now, I’ve got to investigate what it will cost to get skis and boots.”

“Next week Mt. Bachelor holds their big annual sale of used equipment, including skis, boots, poles, etc. Go there first before you buy new. No point in spending money you don’t need to,” she said.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea. Where is the sale?”

“Right here by the rental area. I’ll help you if you want some free advice.”

“Great. Let’s do that,” I smiled, giving her a hug.

As we headed for the parking lot, I spotted Naomi Schaefer walking just ahead of us. I wasn’t sure if I should introduce her to Teresa, but the matter was taken out of my hands. Naomi turned as she approached her vehicle and spotted me.

“Hi, Joel. I didn’t expect to see you here today,” she said with a bright smile.

“Oh ... Hi, Naomi. This is my friend, Teresa. This was my first time skiing.”

“Good for you, Joel. It’s great exercise. Nice to meet you, Teresa. Joel has mentioned you. I’m working with him on a computer program design at Crook College,” she explained.

“Oh ... nice to meet you too, Naomi,” Teresa said, not very enthusiastically.

I got the impression Teresa was sizing up the competition where there was no competition. But a tall, blonde, very attractive woman was always going to be viewed with suspicion by other women. However, I’d wait and see just what Teresa might say about meeting my project partner.

“She’s a very attractive woman,” Teresa finally mentioned as I started the Escape and headed toward the highway home.

“Yes,” I said simply, not wishing to get into this discussion.

“And you thought she might be a nerdy, plain looking girl, didn’t you say,” she persisted.

“No one was more surprised than me,” I admitted. “I guess that shows how stereotypes can be misleading.”

“Will you be working quite a lot with her?” Teresa continued with her questioning.

“Some. One day each weekend and one evening each week. Usually, Sunday and Wednesday, if it works out for both of us.”

“And Conradi was the guy who suggested this ... project?”

“Yes. It’s risky, Teresa. I may be in over my head, but with five college credits at stake, I figured I’d take the risk.”

“Yeah. Five college credits and a hot blonde. Real risky,” she noted with a cynical tone.

I chose not to respond any further and for most of the trip back to Clarksville, we rode in silence.


The used ski equipment sale was a big success for me. I found skis, boots, bindings, and poles for less than three hundred dollars; a fraction of what they would cost new. Why so cheap? There was a ton of equipment for sale. Why so much? Because like golf clubs and tennis rackets, a number of people are determined to have the latest and greatest even when there’s nothing wrong with their current equipment ... hence the sale.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.