Walk Like a Man - Cover

Walk Like a Man

Copyright© 2019 by Coaster2

Chapter 4: A Date with a Beauty

Young Adult Sex Story: Chapter 4: A Date with a Beauty - The life and times of Joel Timmins, an Iowa transplant in Oregon. He does meet the most interesting people, including young ladies.

Caution: This Young Adult Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

“Hey, Mom. I’ve got a date with a girl from school to go to the Fall Festival Dance in town. Should I get her a flower for her dress?” I asked.

“Oh! You have a date? That’s nice. Who is she?”

I could tell I was going to have to work my way around to the real question.

“Her name is Teresa Johnson and she’s a junior. Her brother is one of the handicapped kids on the bus and she told me she appreciated how I’d helped him and made friends with him.”

“Well ... it just goes to show you that good deeds can have rewards. Is she pretty?”

“Yes, Mom, she is very pretty. But about that flower thing?” I persisted.

“It’s called a corsage, Joel, and yes that would be very appropriate. Do you know what she’ll be wearing? What color I mean.”

“Nope. It doesn’t sound like she’s made up her mind yet. What should I do?”

“You can always go with white and hope she doesn’t wear a white dress,” Mom chuckled.

“Sounds like a safe bet. Thanks, Mom. I guess I’d get one of those things at the florist, right?”

“Yes ... that’s about the only place you’ll find them,” she laughed. “Good luck.”

“I think I’ve already got some,” I mumbled.


“Mr. Timmins, can I see you for a moment?” Mr. Conradi asked as his class ended.

I strode to the front and stood as he rose.

“I think I’ve got a suggestion for a project. Have you ever considered a joint venture? One where two or more people form a group and attack a project as a collective?” he asked.

“No ... I’ve done a couple of small science things a few years ago, but nothing like a computer project,” I admitted.

“Okay then, well, here’s an opportunity for you. You appear to have practical application skills. You took some basic knowledge and expanded to develop a process to improve the management of a supply item at a major manufacturer. Some so-called computer consultants would probably have charged thousands of dollars to duplicate what you accomplished, and I’m certain they wouldn’t have completed and tested the work inside two months. Your efforts this past summer are quite remarkable and you should be congratulated. Mr. Voight was effusive with his praise for your efforts.”

“Thank you, Sir. I’m really happy it worked out as well as it has. But what about this group project thing you mentioned.”

“There’s a young woman who is a bit of a prodigy in computer programming and she needs a pragmatic partner to help her complete her project. I’m taking a risk that you are that partner, but based on what you have accomplished so far, I don’t think it’s too big a risk. Her name is Naomi Schaefer and she’s a student at Crook County College. I taught her when she was here at Clarksville last year, and she was an exceptional student. We’ve kept in touch as I’m interested in her progress. Students like you and Naomi come along infrequently and it’s good for my ego to know I helped them in some way.”

“I’m not sure what I can contribute, but if you think it is within my abilities, I’ll give it a try. And this will count for credit in this course?” I wondered.

“Absolutely,” he said immediately. “First, I wouldn’t suggest this if I didn’t think you had a good chance of success. Second, you balance her technical knowhow with the practical application you seem to grasp quite readily. If it becomes too much for you, come and see me. I’ll help you in every way I can. Don’t allow yourself to get in over your head. Work with Naomi as a teammate. I have a feeling you will be fascinated by what the two of you can accomplish.”

“Sir, you haven’t told me what the project is,” I said, somewhat flustered.

“I’ll leave it to Ms. Schaefer to fill you in. No danger of getting second hand information then,” he smiled.

“How much time do we have?”

“At least until the end of the year. I mean, her school year. It’s a big project and very worthwhile. Good luck,” he said, holding out his hand.

I shook it, still stunned at what I seemingly agreed to embark on. I wondered if I’d quickly got myself into something that was bigger than I could handle. Perhaps Ms. Schaefer could give me a clue.


The Fall Festival was a big deal for the town, it seemed. I saw banners and newspaper stories talking it up to the locals. The location of the dance was in a large, open, round-topped building about the size of an aircraft hangar. Not quite as tall, but easily capable of holding three or more basketball courts. What it was built for, I did not know, but with building of that size I guessed they would be expecting a big crowd.

I had a nice blue suit I wore to my junior prom in Davenport. Mom suggested I try it on and I noticed right away that it was now a snug fit, where a year ago it was plenty big enough. I must have put on some weight in the past year. I also noted that my pant length was slightly short of my shoe tops. I’d grown again. Oh brother, it was too late to get a new suit.

“Mom, I have to get some new clothes. My old suit doesn’t fit any more.”

“Oh, dear, we can’t have that on a first date. Well, let’s go to Bend on Saturday morning and well get something that will fit better. I can cuff the pants in time for your dance, don’t you worry about that.”

I’ll say this for Mom, she doesn’t do anything half-way. By the time we got back from Bend early Saturday afternoon, I had a new blue suit, a black blazer, two pair of slacks; gray and tan, three shirts and three ties. I’d have been just as happy with blazer and slacks, but Mom was having none of it. I needed to have a proper adult wardrobe and that’s what I got. Or at least, what would serve me as long as I didn’t grow any more.

While Mom cuffed the pants, I went in to the bathroom and weighed myself. Whoops! I’d gained over ten pounds, most of it over my shoulders and neck. I had suddenly filled out my shirts completely. That was just over the past few months. My waist was still as before, but my height had increased by an inch to six feet even. At least my dress shoes still fit. When I stripped and looked at myself in the mirror, I realized how much I’d changed. I wasn’t some skinny dork any longer. I might not have been a hunk, but it was certainly more developed than I had been.

When I tried on the shirt, pants and jackets, I realized I looked very different from what I had when I left Iowa. Maybe it was a growth spurt or maybe a result of my work this past summer. I’d let my hair grow a little longer as well. Whatever, I was far more satisfied with my appearance than I had been. Maybe the hot girls would pay a little more attention to me now.


“Oh, hello Mrs. Johnson. I’m Joel Timmins and I’m here to take Teresa to the Fall Festival Dance.”

I’d spent some time memorizing what I had to say and now I’m glad I did. I was nervous. More nervous than I wanted to be. Sure, it was a first date with a pretty girl but it wasn’t my first date ever!

“Hello, Joel, she said with a big smile. I’m so pleased to meet you at last. I’ve seen you every day when you’ve helped Warren onto the bus and we truly appreciate it. Thank you so much for your kindness to him. I’m sure he’d tell you himself if he could.”

“It’s a pleasure to be of assistance, Mrs. Johnson. Warren’s a nice guy and it’s no big deal for me to help out,” I said, looking around for Teresa.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.