Walk Like a Man - Cover

Walk Like a Man

Copyright© 2019 by Coaster2

Chapter 16: Planning The University Experience

Young Adult Sex Story: Chapter 16: Planning The University Experience - The life and times of Joel Timmins, an Iowa transplant in Oregon. He does meet the most interesting people, including young ladies.

Caution: This Young Adult Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

There was no quick and easy way to get to La Grande. There were mountains to dodge around on twisty roads, especially between Ukiah and La Grande. In addition there were no nearby freeways until I actually arrived in the town. In fact, it looked like it would be quicker getting from Le Grande to Portland along I 84 than back to Clarksville.

The good news was that the campus looked very much like the photos on the website. It was green and modern and visually well laid out. I’d been on the road since early morning and arrived just after the noon hour in La Grande. I found a nice looking restaurant and stopped in for a rest and a lunch.

I waited until just after one before I approached the admissions office. As it happened, they weren’t terribly busy and I didn’t have to wait until someone approached me.

“Hi, my name is Joel Timmins and I’m thinking of enrolling at Eastern Oregon. I have a year plus of community college credits and I understand they are transferable here. Can you help me?”

“Of course. Nice to meet you, Joel. I’m Tracy Gillard. Do you have a copy of your transcripts with you?”

“No, but they are available on line. I can give you the web address and follow up with proper copies if I decided to enroll. This is an exploratory visit first,” I explained.

“Of course. Let’s have a look at your performance. Where did you go to school?”

“Crook Community College in Clarksville, Oregon. They have a website, although it isn’t very good compared to yours.”

She smiled. “We’re quite proud of our website. It was designed in house. Now, I’ve got the Crook website up, can you show me your files?”

I logged in on her computer, entered my password, and pulled up my grades and any notes that accompanied them. I knew already what she would discover. She silently read the exam results then when to the notes.

“Oh ... that’s quite something. It says here you gained a number of additional credits for helping develop the school course scheduling system. You did that with another student it says.”

“Yes, Naomi Schaefer was the lead on the project and I was there to keep the focus on the goal,” I grinned. “She’s currently at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo working on her masters.”

“Well, your grades are certainly well above the minimum standard and your notes indicate you were a valuable asset to the college. I assume you’d be looking for accommodation as well?”

“Yes. I discovered it’s almost a five hour drive from Clarksville to here in good weather,” I smiled.

“Have you looked at the course selection on our website?”

“Yes. I’m sure it will meet my needs. Can I get full credit for my existing credits?”

“Yes, although you will have to add a couple of courses in your first year that are mandatory for all students. One is English Writing and Comprehension and the other is Oregon History. You won’t find either of the courses very demanding. You can add them to your first year load, or you can do them on line over the summer. It’s your choice.”

“Okay, that’s good. I think I’ve got all the information I need about entrance. What about accommodation in the dorms?” I asked.

“I suggest you enroll as soon as possible to get a good choice. The longer you leave it, the quicker the better rooms are taken. We barely have enough rooms for all our out of the area students, so you don’t want to delay making a choice.”

“Okay. Do you need my official documents before I enroll or can I send them to you in the next week?”

“That would be fine. Do you wish to make a deposit on your first year? I assume you’ve decided to enroll in our great school,” she smiled.

“Would that secure me a dorm room too?” I wondered.

“Absolutely. Shall I sign you up?” she asked with an even bigger smile.

“How much of a deposit with be enough and when will the balance come due? I intend to pay it all without any loans before I begin classes.”

“Excellent! A deposit of one thousand dollars is more than adequate with the balance due August 31st. If you decided to use the online services for the two mandatory classes, those are paid on application. You’ll find the costs very reasonable.”

“Yes ... I’ve examined the costs and they are surprisingly modest. Thank you for your assistance, Miss Gillard,” I said, glancing at her name tag.

“You’re most welcome, Mr. Timmins. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the EOU experience.”


“So, that’s what I’m thinking, Dad ... Mom. I like the campus, they have all the courses I would want, and the cost isn’t anywhere near what a big school would cost. What’s your opinion?” I wondered.

Dad looked at Mom and decided he’d go first. “I think you should go where you’re happy with the environment and you’ll get the quality of education you want. Money is not a consideration. There’s plenty left in your college fund for wherever you decide to go. Do you agree, Janet?”

“Yes ... definitely. I looked at the website too and it looks like a very nice, modern, small university. If that’s where you want to go and it gives you everything you want, then I’m all in favor of it,” she said with a smile.

“Well, I guess that settles it then,” I said. “I’ll contact Miss Gillard, arrange to forward the formal transcripts and pay the deposit on the fees. I’m sure there’ll be some extras like books and things, but I’ve got enough in my account to take care of that.”

“I’ll forward some cash from the education account into your account to make sure you have plenty on hand. You’ll need to keep your receipts for any expenses related to living on campus as well,” Dad said.

“Yeah, I figured that. I’m glad that’s settled now. I can start to think about what I want to get out of the next three years. I’ll download the two mandatory classes and see what I have to look forward to with them. I’ll start on them over the summer and with luck, I might have them out of the way by the start of classes in the fall.”

“Good thinking,” Dad smiled. “If you put half the effort into your classes that you did on those three computer programs, you’ll make it without any problem. Just make sure you leave yourself some fun time. Maybe take a trip for a formal vacation. Pick a spot that sounds like fun and then go have some,” he grinned.

“That is a nice idea. I’ll see how things go in the next couple of weeks. I don’t plan on working this summer, so I might do a little exploring of Oregon in preparation for that online course. Heck, I could take my laptop with me and record things as I go. I’m sure there are plenty of historical sites in the state.”

“Good idea,” Dad nodded. “Kill two birds with one stone.”


“Hi, Teresa. How are you? What are doing this summer?” I asked when she picked up the phone.

“Oh ... well ... I’m going to be away for a while. I’ll be traveling with someone,” she answered vaguely.

“Would that be a certain truck driver,” I asked boldly.

There was a distinct pause before she answered. “Yes. How did you know?”

“It doesn’t matter. You’re free to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. You’ve said all along we weren’t a permanent couple. I think I’ll have to move on as well,” I said calmly.

“Sorry, Joel. You’re a nice guy but I have plans for my future, so I guess we just have to move along separately,” she said.

“Yes, well ... I’ve enrolled in Eastern Oregon University, so I won’t be around either. Good luck to you, Teresa.”

“Thanks, Joel. Good luck to you too,” she said before hanging up.

Looks like I’d have to start looking once again for a more permanent girlfriend.


“Hey, Joel, it’s Jana. I hear Teresa has been outed,” she said, her voice indicating she wasn’t displeased with the news.

“Yeah ... well ... I kind of did it myself. I asked if she wanted to go out and she said she was going to be away for a while. I asked straight out if she was going to be with a truck driver and she admitted she would. I didn’t tell her where I got the information and she didn’t apologize for keeping this guy undercover. I suspect he doesn’t know anything about me ... or anyone else.”

“You think there might have been a third person?” she asked.

“Based on what you told me about her sexual needs, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was at least one other guy,” I suggested.

“Uhhm ... Joel, I’d go out with you, you know,” she said carefully.

“I kind of guessed that, Jana. In fact, I was going to call you and ask you for a date,” I admitted.

“You got it,” she said enthusiastically.

“You got anything you especially want to do ... somewhere you want to go?” I wondered.

“Why don’t I make dinner for you, Joel? I’m a pretty good cook,” she claimed.

“Uhm ... that would be at your house?” I asked.

“Well, actually, we could use the apartment above the store. It’s not occupied, but it’s still all hooked up to the electrical. It would be nice and private, no one walking in on us you know. Does Saturday sometime after five sound okay?”

The tone of her voice was pretty clear that it would be more than just a dinner date.

“That sounds like a nice idea. Is there anything I can bring or do to help out?” I asked.

“How about a bottle of red wine and an open mind?” she tried.

“I think I can manage that,” I chuckled. “I’m a pretty open minded guy, you’ll find.”

“I’m counting on it. I’ve waited a while for a chance at a guy like you. I plan to take advantage of it,” she giggled.

“You’re a naughty girl, Jana. I never realized that. You’ve been hiding your real self very well.”

“Guys like you don’t come around very often, Joel. You have to take a chance and grab at the brass ring when it comes around,” she murmured.

“I’m already looking forward to Saturday at five-oh-one,” I said.

“Oh ... not going to keep me waiting, huh,” she teased.

“Not nice to keep a young lady waiting,” I replied.

“See you then, Joel. I’m sure we’re going to have a lovely evening.”

“I’d be willing to bet on it. See you soon, Jana. Thanks for the invitation.”

I shut off my phone and smiled. There was little doubt about what Jana had in mind. Frankly, I was curious and quite a willing participant in this meeting. I knew ahead of time she was interested in me, but Teresa stood in the way and Jana wouldn’t interfere with her friend. Okay ... Teresa was out of the picture and Jana wanted to take her place, we’d soon know if it was going to be the answer to my summer entertainment.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.