Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 5

Refunded, in possession of my card, my troupe and I hiked back to the travel counter. Jerry was still there. My mobile was still in Muzak interrupted every now and again by. “Your call is important to us. Due to the high volume of calls, your call will be answered by the next available operator.”

“Jerry.”

“Yes miss.”

“Thank you.”

“For?”

“Your timely suggestion that I call my bank.”

“Cancelled your card?”

“No ... the criminals were apprehended.”

Since he could hear my phone he asked, “Why?” And nodded at my phone.

“Curiosity.”

“Ah.”

“Now, my party and I wish to fly to Hong Kong International by the least disruptive flight possible.”

“Can’t.”

“Can’t?

“Flights to and from Hong Kong International are now routed through Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport. HKI has been deemed too dangerous. The landing path is between a row of high-rise apartment and office buildings.” Jerry looked expectant. I bit.

“How far is Shenzhen from Aberdeen?”

“Six hours 22 minutes by bus.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope. Hong Kong International isn’t happy about it. They have begun an island off the north side of Lantau island. The old runway has been torn up and the land ... which is prime property ... has been sold. The sale brought trillions. Couple three years and HKI will be in operation again.”

“But not today,” I said.

“But not today,” Jerry confirmed. “You could fly to Macau.”

“???” It must have bee my look.

“A Portuguese territory for one more year ... their lease runs out in 1999.”

“Macau?” I rifled through my storage banks. “Macau ... across the bay from Hong Kong,” I said. “Almost hourly ferries. Okay ... Macau. Who? How much? Where?”

“Here ... about an hour...” he named a price much cheaper than Adams Travel and sold me three first class seats.

“Your call is important to us. Due to the high volume of calls, your call will be answered by the next available operator.”

Click

“Visa MasterCard Security. Please consider the following options carefully.

A list covering all numbers on the keypad followed. The very last item: “All others hold or press O and an operator will be with you shortly.”

Click

“How may I direct your call”

My turn. “Please hold. All operators are busy. The next available human will be free in less than one minute.”

The operator laughed, “Well, that’s a new one. Been on hold long?”

“Nearly six hours.”

“And you stuck with it?”

“Actually ... I resolved the problem at the bank. The culprits were apprehended, I got my money back.”

“Surprise Me Flintkote...” she was positive, “Girl ... you’re famous ... and thank you. I got my life’s savings and my retirement back.”

“What are you going to do with it?” I asked.

“Buy a sailboat and see the world.”

“Wanna go now?”

“I’d love to but I’m about fifty grand short.”

“I have a one hundred foot catamaran undergoing refit in Hong Kong ... show up and you can go with us.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.