Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 43

“Mr. Austin. My name is Surprise Me Flintkote.”

“Ms. Flintkote.”

“Sometime in the recent past, a freighter unloaded my catamaran off Pentwater. You brought her to your town with your salvage tug.”

“Before I admit to that ... the boats name?”

SV Basilisk 20 meter sail.”

“Yup ... your boat ... yes.”

“Yes?”

“Yes ... I picked her up and brought het to town. The Marina couldn’t find room ... she’s at the village docks.”

“What are your charges?”

“I was paid by the shipping company. Evidently your contract specified the destination ... Pentwater. The ship was too big for the channel. They Googled Lake Michigan Tugboats and our name came up. I fetched and parked her where I could,” Mr. Austin said. “However ... the village dock charges...”

“A bunch?”

“By the foot, by the day,” David said.

“That sounds ominous.”

“How long will it take you to get here?”

“I’m in Ottawa ... Canada. As much as I hate to say it ... I seem to be stranded.”

“Got any money? Strike that ... of course you do. There’s only one lake front property for sale ... buy it. At least, start negotiations.”

“Where is it?”

“Google,” he said.

“I’m at the Ottawa Visa head office. Hold on.”

“Ms Visa?”

“Carole,” she said. “With an e”

“Surprise. Pleased yo meet you, Carole with an e. Would you be so kind as to Google Map Pentwater, Michigan?”

There was a reasonable pause.

“Got it.” She swiveled the screen.

“Mr. Austin?”

“Yes?”

“Google is on Pentwater.”

“Find the breakwater and channel.”

“Got it.”

“Run a finger east down the channel ... when you hit the small lake turn left into the small bay, three docks.”

“Got it.”

“The house is the first one on the water north. The rectangle and the first long dock belong to the house...”

“Okay. What agent?”

“Hold on.”

Another long pause.

“Hello?”

Totally different voice.

“Hello?” I said.

“You’re interested in the Green Street house and lot.”

“I’m more interested in the dock.” I said, “If I have to buy the house to get the dock...” “Who are you?”

“Jim McGaha. McGaha Reality. Dave just handed me his phone.”

“How much ... never mind. Visa XXXX-XX-XXXX-XX-8776. Run that.”

“Sight unseen?”

“I don’t care if it’s a shack ... I need a place for my boat.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.