Saving the Coven Royals  - Book 4 - Cover

Saving the Coven Royals - Book 4

Copyright© 2019 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 7: Earth

“Follow the path you’re on and you’ll reach your destination. Divert and you may reach your destiny. If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”

– Lao Tzu

“So, Jason, how did your meetings go?” Razza asked when they were a few hours away from Earth.

“The leaders were very impressed with both Porquenta and Mars and have decided to invest heavily in research and education on both planets. The coordination of the war effort is also going to happen on Porquenta in a dedicated facility that he built, and Mars has built a War College.

“Sheila said that you guys were going to be entertained, what did you do?” Jason asked.

“We went to see some of the natural wonders on both Porquenta and on Mars. They are both incredibly beautiful planets. We had an excellent guide who turned out to be one of Porquenta’s new version AIs, who we could not in any way distinguish from any other person.

“We also went through the facilities where the clones were grown. Both of those areas were quite busy and filled with activity. There were technicians and researchers everywhere. The pods are very much like the ones we had in the Coven.

“While we were there, Porquenta told us that he had finished his new version of a crystal and he would be happy to give us one each so we would not need to use our cubes if we so wished. He said his crystals were many orders of magnitude more powerful than our current ones and the process of exchange was a simple one taking a few seconds. It’s got so many more features than our previous ones that I could hardly believe it. He said that if we wanted our old crystals back, he could quite easily do it. We’ve been so delighted with everything that was done for us that we all felt we had nothing to lose. So, we now have these new super crystals which have expanded all our telepathic powers already. We will be able to communicate with Porquenta from anywhere,” said Adrianna Xavier.

“We went to a resort Porquenta built into the side of one of the canyons which was magnificent,” said Brenda Barros, “and I have been able to stay at some pretty impressive places. Porquenta says that he will encourage tourists to visit the planet. He has got some really weird reasoning. He said spies will come to Porquenta. Having tourists provides an excellent opportunity for him to find out what the spies know and he will find out what they’re trying to learn. He said that he had prepared a lot of interesting disinformation.”

“He is so paranoid that he could easily be a cockroach. His sense of humor is very Cockroach like, and he can play an arrogant cockroach just as they do at home.

“We also spent quite a few hours with engineers who were learning the features of the new satellites that will be scanning the oceans on Earth. The sensor technology is quite extraordinary and we were very impressed. Porquenta has built three hundred upgraded underwater search craft. They are more heavily armored than the heaviest gunship and will be operated by some of his AIs. He had us piloting them all over the ocean on Porquenta. The sea there is deeper than the sea at any point on Earth and we went right down to the bottom with ease. They are great fun to pilot. He says that they are much faster than anything we saw during the recent war. He said that he has spent some time looking at the underwater fortifications and the techniques the Octopi used to hide themselves. He said Cassius’ people had nailed the technology for finding those bases and working together they increased the sensitivity of detection,” said Sergei Paz.

“We spent a bit of time with Claudette from Mars and she put us through one of the simulations where all of us had to fight together underwater against the creatures of Dhoom. We planned the mission after we found the base and then we had to attack it and rescue hostages from within,” said Marsin Zinduski.

“We all sat at these sleek new simulators. You get in and close the top and you can’t see anything until the simulation begins. It is so unbelievably real. The gravity changes and you can feel every single thing that you would experience in real life. There were times that I don’t think I have ever felt so scared in my whole life. Those Marine Dhoom characters are really tough and we had a real struggle. We were all so enthusiastic about it afterwards that Porquenta has sent fifty simulators to this battleship, which he says are for our exclusive entertainment. We could see the value of the new crystals in an instant. The telepathic communication we had between ourselves facilitated the rapidity of our responses, and I now understand what it is like to be part of a hive mind. The Coven have powerful telepathy, but we are now experiencing an entirely new generation of telepathy and communication.

“We asked Porquenta about your crystals, but he won’t say much about your abilities. There was something about the way he answered that indicated your skills still remain way ahead of ours. Jason we are getting better and better and are catching up to you,” said Sergei grinning.

Jason smiled at Sergei then spoke to the group.

“People I suggest that you go to your wardrooms, use the refreshers and then dial in Earth casual. We are going to be joining my family in Houston for dinner. My son, daughter, and grandchildren will also all be there,” said Jason smiling while changing the subject.

Houston

“Once again the prodigal son returns. He has brought along his University friends and I understand there are cargo ships awaiting our produce,” great-uncle Cletus said smiling and welcoming Jason and his group dining in the large canteen together with close to a hundred of the family. “I have asked Jason to speak to all of us briefly to update us as to what has been happening.”

“Dear friends and family members, I am pleased to see all of you again. Some of you are looking much younger. For those of you who have not been to the ship or if you wish to have a checkup please join us on our return tonight. We have a new upgrade from Porquenta for your learning cubes and you will have the option reasonably soon of having the ability to turn into a Tyrannosaurus Rex. On your learning cube there is a presentation that was prepared by my AI on the ship which will provide you with an update of what has been going on. I will give you a very brief overview of the most disturbing events.

“I recently met a race of Dinosaurs, tyrannosauruses to be technically correct under fairly unpleasant circumstances. They became allies and friends and joined us for a conference with most of the people that you’ve seen me being involved with in the past. I had one of my premonitions and it was a very disturbing one. All the allies joined us as we flew to Charassa where we fought a God-Almighty battle against the Coven of the Cockroaches and also the octopi that you saw in my previous presentation.

“The two arch-enemies joined forces to attack the bugs. We stopped them and now we are planning how to fight this next intergalactic war. Unfortunately, Earth is involved. The Octopi or people of Dhoom as they call themselves were intending to invade Earth and we are sure they are in the oceans. We have included all news items from Earth that Porquenta has sourced for you, which we think is likely to be convincing evidence of at least a research station deep in the oceans near the USA, between the Eastern states and South America. Those are the common areas where people have disappeared and where there are some sightings of kidnappings or submarines. I am here to put up satellites to try and help us locate them and we have already launched three hundred submarine craft into the ocean to assist with the search. The cargo ships are to arrive shortly and they will launch another thousand craft courtesy of Emperor Cassius to assist in the search. He makes very superior underwater craft as you will see.

“Ouma Chatzke is of the view we should take over the Earth as there is no hope that it will get well enough organized to behave as a single effective government to deal with the bleak issues we are going to face. Cassius is of the same view, but for the time being Earth is guarded by a small fleet from the Collective, a small fleet contributed by Cassius and several ships that belong to me. They at least will provide an early warning. We are installing a gate in orbit near Neptune so we can send ships rapidly to defend Earth.

“I am exceedingly reluctant to take over Earth. It is probably an irrational problem of mine in that I dislike running things and taking over when it is not wanted. Earth needs to develop itself and move ahead and if it does not, it is going to be vulnerable and then I am going to be forced to do what I don’t want to do, but I suspect that I’m going to do it. Both Cassius and Ouma Chatzke will be prepared to help and will facilitate the process which they have both done many times previously. When we reach the ship tonight, I am going to make a broadcast that will go worldwide. Porquenta has provided me with a set of principles that need to be adopted if the planet is going to able to work. It is similar to a set of principles that was given to Ouma Chatzke by the ancients and it is not dissimilar from principles that Cassius has derived himself.

“I would suggest all of you come up to the ship and spend the night. Get yourselves checked through the medical machines. Do it every time I visit as progress is rapid.

“My broadcast has been prepared and we will take over channels worldwide. My intention is to allow the people of Earth to take control of their own destinies, but they need to form a world government. I will give them a year to sort themselves out. I will give them some of my history, but a very small amount and will concentrate on the threats that they are currently facing. If they can form a world government, we can help them take control of their own destiny and we can develop them all very quickly,” said Jason.

“Hi Jonathan, Norbert, Gamma, and Sheila, I’m delighted to have you guys back again. What have you been doing with yourselves since I saw you last?” Jason asked.

“We have all been spending some time on Porquenta, but today we were on the planet Earth speaking to the scientists and educators about what they have been doing. I have selected a group of five who I want you to talk to. It is better that they tell you themselves what they have been trying to achieve. They will be here in ten minutes,” said Jonathan.

“Gamma you seem very cheerful, what did you do on Porquenta?”

“He offered me what he called a super checkup. After I met some of his AIs it was a no-brainer. Anyhow, he put me in a pod very much like one of the medical pods and then he said I have some very old equipment and he could give me some enhancements that will improve my brainpower a few billion percent and my strength one hundred percent, and he would decrease the vulnerability of my body by sixty percent. How could a girl refuse an offer like that? I was concerned that I would not have enough time as our ship was leaving for earth in twenty-four hours. I asked him how long it would take.” Gamma said.

“Only another five minutes he said and then I fell asleep. When I woke up, he said it’s all done. I went to see the construction facilities for AIs and looked at some of the methods that he is using for ship construction. I noticed I felt considerably better. That is not to say that I didn’t feel good, but everything seemed to work more fluidly and fluently. Porquenta, I asked him what did you do. I swapped your consciousness to one of my new super AI bodies and re-created your characteristic features. You are a new woman he said. What did you do with my old body I asked him? It’s in storage in case you need it again or if you have a hankering to be your old self. He laughed uproariously much as he does with many of his own jokes. Jason this body is infinitely better and I have checked my brain function. It is very much better than it used to be. That is why I’m so cheerful. He has also given me an updated education chip.” Gamma said.

“What about you Jonathan?” Jason asked.

“Most of the time I spent speaking to Porquenta talking and thinking through the issues we face. He told me more about his own originators as he has recently found some memories that were connected a few days ago. He says that it is his view that he was separated from much of his important information in case he was invaded and control was taken of him. He has teams of archaeologists, miners and scientists searching for more of his memories. As we left, they found another central processing unit that looks as big as Porquenta. No one knows what it’s for, but they are carefully initiating an investigation under instructions from Porquenta. They believe there are many layers of vaults deep beneath Porquenta. There is much more to him than meets the eye.”

“Jason the scientists are now waiting outside let me bring them in,” said Jonathan and walked to the door to lead in the scientists and seat them at the table.

They greeted Jason enthusiastically and effusively, with many my Lords thrown into the mix.

“Thank you all very much for coming up to the ship to report to his Lordship, Jason Kargo. His Lordship prefers to be called Jason, but if you are uncomfortable in doing so you can call him sir, a mark of respect as you well know on Earth. Johnny please report first. This is an informal report so you do not need to stand. Use your cube if you need to.”

“Thank you very much Jonathan for your introduction. Jason, I have been involved with medical research in one of the divisions that was started specifically to deal with the rampant drug problems. We were able to help the scientists move to the critical concepts we discovered, to deal effectively with the problems. We helped them develop medications for the main problem drugs and for alcohol. We did it in two stages. The first medication was developed to help with withdrawal to build up confidence in the company. Then we moved towards medications that would switch off addiction. We raced through testing and both are on the market.

“Our team then moved on to the chronic illnesses research groups and we are providing guidance to them as to how the problems should be solved. My Lord, even though we have enjoyed doing what we are doing, it is very slow and we do hope that you take over within the year. It is our concern that even though the energy group will help them achieve their power generation objectives time will run out for Earth,” said Johnny.

“Thank you very much Johnny,” said Jonathan, “Harry?”

“My Lord, we associated ourselves with the local universities in the Texas area and sponsored brain trusts in mathematics, physics and medicine. We invited some of the less prominent but promising scientists internationally and sponsored their attendance. For those with potential, and this applied to nearly all of them, we gave them learning cubes which we tuned to them exclusively. We told them they were souvenirs. They were made to look like alarm clocks and perform like alarm clocks, but they provide an excellent sleep, as well as accelerated education. The machine teaches them Collective and Empire standard first and then provides the education. There has been an excellent response as we have been invited to convene brain trusts at most of the parent organizations. They are all saying that they are more stimulated than they have been at any time of their lives. Amusingly many of them are speaking Empire standard. The bug language is too hard to speak in humanoid form. There is some evidence of an explosion of scientific activity. More than a dozen of them have taken members of our group aside and have asked us where we come from as they do not believe that we are from Earth. We have been to the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and recently to both Russia and China. The Chinese brain trust lasted four days and we had eight thousand attendees divided into four major groups. Many within the groups had already been using cubes after attending other events. They now had questions that they wanted to ask within the realms of mathematics, physics, biology and medicine. It was one of the most interesting and challenging symposia that I have ever attended,” finished Harry.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.