Penny - Cover

Penny

Copyright© 2019 by Kaffir

Chapter 13

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 13 - A man in a hurry barges into a young woman who is concussed. He notices an old but large bruise on her cheek. He follows her to A&E who confirm that she has been brutalised. The man and his daughter offer to provide food and lodging. Things do not go to plan.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Slow  

Tuesday 7th July arrived, the week before the trial. Penny was withdrawn; not silent but the bounce that she had developed was muted. Caroline had started work the day before and Peter left for work as usual.

Penny did all her ‘duties’ including walking the dogs. That cheered her up in itself but she also met some of the fellow dog-walkers she had become friendly with and that helped too. She was pretty much herself when Peter and Caroline arrived home.

She was given little chance to become introspective again as Caroline was bubbling. She was not going to be ‘used’ as a helping hand with answering the telephone and filing. Instead she was paired with the chief housing woman, Norma Pettifer, which meant that not only could she see the accommodation that the charity provided but meet the home staff and a number of the people the charity was caring for. She was really looking forward to it. After two weeks of that she would be assigned to the financial branch for a week and then to the caring staff, both the paid and the volunteers.

Both Peter and Penny were thrilled for her and Peter added that such a grounding would stand her in good stead when she applied for a job with the charity. Caroline agreed enthusiastically.

“If all goes well I hope they’ll take me back over the Christmas vac.”

“I’m sure they will.”

“I know they will,” added Penny. “You’re special ... l-like your d-dad.”

Both smiled at her but said nothing although Caroline gave Peter a ‘told you so’ look.

Peter and Penny did go to Caroline’s second tennis tournament. Although she again played well neither enjoyed it as much as the first.

Penny maintained a stiff upper lip but the following Tuesday with only a day to go to the trial it became too much for her and when Peter got home from the office he found her in tears.

He took her in his arms and asked what the matter was although he was ninety-nine per cent sure of what it was.

“I’m going to have to relive the whole of that time again.”

“No, little one. He’s pleading guilty so none of it will come out. There might be a plea in mitigation but from what you told me and the police there’s no-one from the village including his parents who would say a good thing for him.”

“He might have a friend from outside the village.”

“I very much doubt it. Why didn’t he go and stay with him or her when his parents chucked him out?”

“They might not have had room.”

“Not even a sofa?”

“Or been able to afford to feed him.”

“That’s more likely and quite honestly, from all you’ve said, they wouldn’t have trusted him not to steal something to sell for money.”

She looked up at him for the first time. Her eyes were still full of tears but he could not but help see the gratitude and, as he chose to think to himself, trust in them.

She flung her arms round him and buried her face in his chest as the tears poured again.

At length, she looked up. “I-I’m sorry. I-I’ve been in such a state that I haven’t done anything about supper.”

“Relax, poppet. We can always have bacon and eggs or something. What you need now is a stiff drink and to come and listen to some soothing music.”

She gave him a lop-sided smile and disengaged.

Peter poured their drinks and led her to the drawing room and put on a disc of Beethoven’s three best loved sonatas. He sat on the sofa and patted the seat beside him. She sat slightly timorously beside him. The dogs plopped themselves down at her feet as usual. He put his arm round her shoulder and held her gently and, he hoped, comfortingly.

She sat there for a few minutes indeed drawing comfort from him. ‘He’s so gentle and kind,’ she thought. ‘I wonder what Dad would have been like to me if he’d been alive’. She mentally kicked herself. ‘If he’d been alive none of this would ever have happened. I wish it hadn’t but then... ‘

The tears returned and she turned her head into his neck. Reflexively his hand went to her head and he stroked her hair again, more than stroking it: running his fingers through it and gently massaging her scalp. ‘Bliss! Very comforting but what had had Caro said? He was still in love with his late wife.’

She pushed back so she was only sitting beside him again as they had started.

She reached for her drink and Peter did too.

“Thank you, Peter,” she whispered. “You’re a great comfort to me.”

She stretched up and softly kissed his cheek.

He squeezed her shoulders and smiled back gently and warmly. Penny felt a shiver run through her but it did not seem to have been felt by Peter. She was mildly disappointed but also relieved. She must not upset him.

Caroline arrived, noticed the new position but said nothing about it. She bent and kissed them both on the forehead.

“Good day?” asked Peter.

“You bet! Norma and I went to their Garden Centre. There were at least a dozen people working there, men and women, and they were so pleased to see us, lots of smiles and telling us about what they had done and what they were doing. Then there were two guys in wheelchairs, both wounded in Afghanistan, who were running the sales desk. They were so cheerful and the customers were so nice to them, staying on to have a chat and ask them what they hoped to do. Oh, Dad, I’m so excited about it all. It’s what I’ve wanted to do for five or six years and now I’m involved and learning.”

“Great!”

“One of the women I talked to had had a similar experience to you, Penny, but she was bright and cheerful and hoping to get taken on by that big Garden Centre near Winchester. She’s got to find somewhere to live though and we’re helping her with that. Anyway I need a drink.”

She bounced out to the kitchen.

“So do I,” said Peter. “What about you, poppet?”

“Well, um...”

“‘Yes please’ is the answer, you silly girl.”

Penny smiled. “Thanks!”

They joined Caroline in the kitchen and Peter renewed his and Penny’s drinks.

“What’s for supper?” she asked.

“Bacon and eggs when we’re ready,” replied Peter.

Caroline took the message. “I think we’ve got some sausages too, haven’t we, Penny?”

“Yes.”

“Right! I’ll do it. No, Penny!” As she started to protest.

“Come on, Penny. Don’t look a gift-horse in the mouth even if she is a bossy-bags. In any case the disc needs changing.”

Penny giggled and followed him. So did the dogs.

Peter sat in his usual chair this time and Penny as normal sat at his knee as he sub-consciously almost stroked her hair.

Penny put a good face on things but it was clear to both Peter and Caroline that she was wound tight as a bow-string. Both treated her normally though although there was an evening of tears on the 14th and Caroline took her to bed with her and cuddled her which meant that she got some sleep.

Peter and Penny arrived at the court at Dorchester in good time and clocked in. Caroline was not with them as she was not a witness. They were shown to their seats together. There had been no change in Boulter’s plea of Guilty. The Crown Prosecutor made himself known to them and reinforced the Guilty plea reassuring Penny with a gentle smile that she would not have to relive her ordeal.

The judge took his place and Boulter was brought in. He was handcuffed to two prison officers. They were strong solidly built men but only came up to Boulter’s shoulders.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.