The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 74

Dec. 23, 2022

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope this entry finds you and your loved ones well and happy.

What’s happened with Darian the last few months? Damned if I know. Actually, I know a few things. My wife changed jobs and I lost my gym privileges due to it. That bummed me out as I enjoyed being a metal head. I’m hoping after the first of the year to find another gym.

I was working out 1-1/2 up to two hours a day four to six days a week. While I was sore and a bit tired it helped my symptoms a lot. I want to get back to it.

I’ve also been weaving, loom knitting and learning embroidery. I like making things. It gives me something productive to do.

I’ve also taken up studying Tibetan Buddhism and renewed my meditation practice. I’m trying to come to terms with all my shit and I have a warehouse full. The meditation helps me gain mental clarity. That in itself helps me not to be so affected by the shit storm I call my mind.

Physical illness wise, I have been able to speak for longer times, usually. I did recently have a bad spell that lasted a week. It made talking and thinking difficult.

My focus has been finding on peace with myself and my illness and my mortality. It bothers me that I’m unable to plot and make complex stories anymore. I really appreciated that outpouring of love and respect I received when I announced that I had to stop Warlord. It really helped me so thank you.

Eventually, I hope to write some more, but for now, my focus needs to be elsewhere. I will update The Oak until I can’t.

I’m spending my Christmas with my family and hope to have a wonderful time. I wish the same for you.

Cheers,

Darian

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.