The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 72

August, 29th, 2022

Hello Everyone,

It’s been an interesting few months. I was T-boned by a lady who apparently decided I didn’t need my CRV anymore. My wife was down with the flu and I just got over it. That part is awesome as I only catch the flu about every 5 - 8 years. As I turned 55 this month that means I don’t have to worry about it until my 60’s! Yay me.

I’m making some strides. I have an established workout plan that involves treadmill work and weight lifting 4 - 6 times a week unless I’m having a really bad spell. I still have those and the Aphasia. Working out helps a lot.

I’m also down to 224.4 pounds. So I’m within 5 pounds of my second major goal. After that it is 220 and then 180. I started at 297 and some change so I’m getting there. I hope to be at 180 no later than May of next year.

I haven’t been able to get a lot of writing done. I’m just focused on my health. I want to keep at it, but my health comes first. It sometimes feels as if I’m running uphill on a road that is sliding downhill.

I’ve changed Primary care physicians. I had to jump his ass verbally at our first meeting. He was interested in treating symptoms. I could care less about symptoms. If you treat the problem then symptoms go away. Now some things the only thing I can do is treat the symptoms, but everything I can fix is getting fixed.

I don’t think he was taking me seriously until he got my blood work in. My A1c was 4.9 as a type 2 diabetic that is awesome. Also everything else was right. Diet, medication and working out is the key for me.

I was rather excited the other day at the gym. I had a single drop of sweat on my forehead. I don’t sweat. I’ll just overheat and fall out, SO a single drop is precious. I’m gaining ground. Lol, I took a picture of it. I was so proud. How do I keep cool while working out? I drink a half gallon of cool water as I do it. It’s the only way i can do it. Plus, the gym has ac.

So there we are.

Cheers,

Darian

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.