The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 70: Things Have Been Looking Up

Jan. 22nd, 2022

Hello Everyone,

Things have been looking up for me. I had a checkup yesterday and my A1C (it’s derived from a test that is able to measure the trend amount of blood sugar for the last few months.) was 4.3! My last one was 5.3. The one given the day I was admitted to the hospital was over 15.

My doc said I didn’t need insulin but is having me take 5 units twice a day to wean my system off of it. I started at 35 units twice a day. That’s a big difference.

The doc even wants me to do some walking since it’s cold outside. My use of my cane has reduced. I only use it when there’s a whole lot (That’s a whole lot for me.) of walking. My mobility chair is used primarily when I will be in public all day as it reduces my fatigue and pain. Which in turn keeps me from getting too cranky or just losing my shit.

I’ve been eating mostly vegetarian leaning toward vegan and I’ve lost some weight. Last April I weighed 290.8 now I weigh 256.8. I still have a way to go but I’m getting there.

I still have the speech issues. I guess I’m stuck with it. Sometimes, I can go an hour or so before I have to stop talking.

I’ve been fortunate in that I can usually control my environment which helps to keep me from feeling overwhelmed. I did go see a movie at a crowded theater. I only about lost my shit twice. I was ok in the seats but getting to the seat and away from it was a bitch. It was the new Spiderman movie. I enjoyed it.

I’m still in the migraine cycle but I’ve only had, I think two serious episodes about a 6 on the 0 -10 scale in the last few months. They got my attention but didn’t hurt my feelings.

My long term memory is still shit and that’s been a bit of a problem. I remember my counseling appointment is on Wednesday’s. I’m not always sure what day of the week it is. I still have episodes of reduced cognition but I’m doing ok though. That’s about it for now.

Cheers,

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.