The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 65

December 31st, 2020

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give a year end wrap up. My health has been the same since last time except the headaches are spiking more. I’ve found that as long as I stay in my narrow groove I do OK.

I’ve been enjoying the cold weather as it means I can be outside without worry. Covid hasn’t been an issue for me as I live a secluded life anyway. So no real changes there. I did get annoyed a few times when I couldn’t go for a meal because the restaurants were closed.

I have my Social Security trial in twelve days. Hopefully, I will receive a favorable outcome. We could use the income. My kids have been helping out a lot in that regard. Without them my wife and I would be screwed.

This has been a year of sudden and usually tragic changes for my friends and I wish i could help them. All I can do is love them.

What’s sad is I know that people I knew have died but I can’t remember who they are without a list. Memory issues have been a bitch. I now have between three to twelve alarms set on my computer daily to help me keep on track.

I don’t speak much so that hasn’t been that big of an issue as aphasia usually affects only my speech though it does bleed into my writing.

The last few months have been mostly about my spirituality, trying to grow as a being. That is going to be my primary focus in 2021. I am trying to build a spiritual practice that won’t add thirty reminders a day to my list. It’s hard in that some actions and thoughts that a lot of people can do in an hour or two can take me literally ten times that long. That also sucks.

Overall, I feel hope. I hope you and yours a wonderful 2021.

Darian

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.