The Great War! - Cover

The Great War!

Copyright© 2017 by Dark Dragen

Chapter 1

Chapter Summary: This is the first of two chapters for the story of Vault 66, the incestuous vault. In this first chapter, you’ll read about the Overseer of Vault 66. How she became the Overseer and how her desires for incestuous relationships made Vault 66 into an incestuous vault.

Bonus Chapters...

(Vault 66 - Part 1!)

We begin our chapter with Dr. Mary Layne, a twenty-eight-year-old therapist from Vicksburg, Mississippi, who was looking over about a thousand people who were running into the entrance hall. Dr. Layne was watching with a smile, knowing that everything was falling into place and her dream would soon be realized. Her dream, people living a life of incestuous relationships, something she always wanted but could never have.

Apart from a close few people who she trusted, there was one thing that no one knew about her: she was a closet incest enthusiast. It all started when she was a teen, where she began to notice and fancy boys. She fell in love with one person she couldn’t have her own father. Her father was a handsome man with a strong Earth L’Cie ability, who worked at C-Sec in the Enforcement Department, where he helped police and helped those in need. It was the type of man that Mary wanted in her life.

Someone who was strong and willing to help others. Unfortunately, the one that she had fallen in love with was her father. Sure, she was told it was wrong that the feeling would go, but it never did. Her feelings only grew stronger as she got older. The only person she wanted was her father as her lover. But, because of the society saying that it was wrong, she couldn’t do anything about it. As people would call her a freak and would become a pariah, so she had to hide her true feelings and not say anything.

She wished that she could belong to one of those old families in the Wizarding World. As they allowed incest in their family, even years after the Wizarding World being found out, they still marry with their family members. Sure, it wasn’t often that father and daughter or mother and son would marry each other, but it wasn’t unheard of either.

Seeing how she couldn’t have the incestuous life that she wanted, she tried to live it through others. To do that, she decided to become a family therapist, to manipulate family members into having incestuous relationships. To get her degree and licence to become a therapist, she went to a Vault-Tec University, one of which was located in Mississippi.

During her time in high school and university, she tried to convert her friends into having incestuous relationships, naming with their brothers or sisters. Because she had to be careful who she did this with, she had little success in this.

Now on May 4th, 2073, she learned that Vault-Tec had finished creating the vault, Vault 66, that they were working on for the last thirteen years. During that time, Reps from Vault-Tec scouted her to become a therapist for that vault. In fact, she heard a few strange rumours about these vaults that they weren’t what they seem. Sure, they were designed to protect people in them, but there was more to it though.

If the rumours going around Vault-Tec University were true, the vaults had social experiments in most of them. To test society somehow. Mary didn’t believe this, that a corporation like Vault Tec would do such a thing. In fact, few did. That was until 2076, a few days before Christmas, where the Heads of Vault Tec asked to see her, who wanted to talk to her.

They informed her that they had selected to become the Overseer of Vault 66. It shocked Mary to hear this, as they hadn’t interviewed her or anything. The Heads of Vault Tec admitted they had interviewed her before, but thanks to potions and magical crystals, they made her forget about them. To make her forget the secrets and information that she gave them thanks to truth potions.

This made Mary upset and angry that they did this, seeing how they forced her to tell them her darkest secrets and whatever else, and then made her forget about it. But at the same time, she could also understand why they did it, not wanting people to know the type of questioning they did so that no one could prepare and do need to think on the spot. But as she thought about it, the rumours, someone must have remembered the questioning, or at least some of it for the rumours to start. When she asked about this, it shocked her to learn that they started the rumours themselves, so that it would be in people’s subconscious and make people think about it. So when they are questioned in the interview, they would have thought about it beforehand and would have an idea of what they wanted and thought.

This made some sort of sense, when hearing such rumours, people would think about them even if they didn’t agree with them. This would be one way to get information from people, licking information and after some time using truth potions about their thoughts.

Whatever the case, Mary asked why did they pick her to be the Overseer of Vault 66? She had no real leadership skills. She was still a student, learning to become a therapist. They explained that whilst the rumours that they spread were meant to be rumours for those who heard about them; the fact was that they were true, that if the vaults were ever used, some would have social experiments done in them. And the reason that they wanted her for Vault 66 was because of the social experiment they had planned.

They informed Mary that for years they had problems agreeing with what social experiment to use for this vault, as those who oversaw the vault couldn’t agree with each other. That was until they heard about Mary’s secret incest desire. That’s when they come up with the experiment. Allowing Mary to have her dream come true, having families have incestuous relationships with each other, allowing her to run the vault as she wanted.

It shocked Mary to hear about this, that they were giving her a chance to make her dream come true. But the question was why, why would they do this? So, they explained that over the years, scientists were able to design, with the aid of magic, to create a potion to help those who had children from incest. Either from rape or the rare families who had incestuous relationships.

They knew that sometimes, children from incest could have some sort of deformity. But with this potion, those deformities could be healed. The thing was, children from incest were rare, so they didn’t know what the long-term uses would be for families having incest children over a few generations. So, they wanted to see what these long-term effects were for using these potions.

Hearing this, Mary snapped up the chance to have her dreams come true.

So, over the next year, as Mary passed her exams and became a therapist, she looked through many papers to see who she wanted in the vault. As a therapist, she knew she needed to have families who were easy to persuade, having problems in the family and such, making it so that she would have an easier time to convert them into having incestuous relationships.

She knew it would have a hard time even with the right people in the vault, with them living with social expectations. It would take time to break. So that’s why she was planning to use a few tricks, like using subliminal messages during the night, and having other propaganda to indoctrinate them towards the idea. Another thing she was planning to use potions in their food to drive up their lust and lower their inhibition.

But as she was looking into the families, she was looking for one family to be used as a sacrificial lamb, so that it would make the other families easier to persuade them to willingly adopt this lifestyle. In fact, she found a few highly religious families, ones that wouldn’t agree with incestuous relationships, no matter what. She picked one family, one who had a mother and father with a son and daughter, to become her sacrificial lambs. So when they go against her idea when she informs them, she would throw them out of the vault at once and tell the rest of the families that this would happen to them if they didn’t agree with the idea.

Sure, she could use words and tricks alone, but she knew words were cheap. And tricks can backfire. So as the saying goes: action speaks louder than words. So, killing one family would make things so much easier to convert the rest of the families.

Speaking of the families, there was a specific type of family she wanted in the vault, and that was a single-parent family with children over the age of fourteen. Like a single father with only daughters, or a single mother with at least one son and the rest of the children were females. That’s not all, but some of the single parents will be related by blood, be it brother, sister or even cousins.

Now, if Mary couldn’t find enough single-parent families, then she would allow married couples in too. But they would have at least a son and a daughter. This way, when they were in her vault, she would break the couple up and have them move in with their son or daughter. And she would make sure that the parents had brothers or sisters in the vault too. Every plan she made was to make sure incestuous relationships would happen.

This meant that if the single parents got married, they would be removed from the list. The only way the marriage would be fine would be if, say, a mother married a man with daughters, she would break the marriage up and have the father with her daughters.

But as time passed, Dr. Mary Layne wondered if she would ever see her dreams come true. As there was no need for Vault 66 to be used. However, on 23rd of October 2077, everything changed, and her dreams would finally come true.

o0OoO0o

23rd of October 2077 - Vault 66, Dining Area:

It has been a few hours since the bombing started and finished. During that time, those who were on her list had entered the vault. Unfortunately, not all those on the list made it for one reason or another. At most, around eight hundred people made it. Out of all the families she wanted to see, she was glad to see that the sacrificial lamb family made it. It would make what was to come so much easier.

For the first hour or so, Mary allowed the new vault dwellers time to let things sink in, to allow them to realize what happened before she set off the next bomb. Once she allowed them time to deal what had happened, she had all of them in the dining area, where she said, “Now, with on of you coming to terms with what has happened, I would like to welcome you all to Vault 66, I’m Dr. Mary Layne, and this vault will be your home for at least the next twenty-five years.”

“What!?” most of the families cried out in shock.

“I understand you are not happy about this, but this is so that the radiation out there can die now and be safe for us to live in the world once again.” explained the doctor, “I’ll only let a select few people leave the vault so that they can search for food, resources, and other items we might need. They’ll have protective gear and be trained to deal with whatever might be out there. So, please don’t think I’ll be letting any of you out there. Right now, your safety is the most important thing for me.”

The new vault dwellers weren’t happy about being stuck in this place for so long, but at least this Overseer was going to protect them. “But you need to follow one important rule.” explained Mary, “And that’s you can only have romantic relationships with your own family member, meaning your blood relations. You can’t have any relationships with someone who doesn’t share your blood.”

This shocked all the people there. Many of them didn’t know what to think about this. None of them could say a word about this. But as Mary expected, there was one person she knew would say something: Christian Williams, the father of the sacrificial lamb family that she picked. “You, Hellspawn, how dare you suggest that we have relationships with our own blood? Are you trying to send us to damnation?”

“Mr. Williams, I have no plans to send anyone to damnation, to be honest, whilst I believe in a higher power, I don’t really believe in hell or heaven.” admitted Mary, “If you do or not, that’s down to you all. But whilst you’re in this vault, you’ll follow my rules or be kicked out of this place.”

“You wouldn’t dare do such a thing,” said Williams, “you said that our safety was important to you.”

“I did, but that safety depends on you following my rule.” explained the doctor, “I’ve been appointed as the Overseer of this Vault, the lead, and I’ve been allowed to set the rules here. If you want to stay here, you’ll have to follow what I say, even if you don’t like it. If you don’t follow the rule, I’ll have you kicked from the vault where you’ll more than likely die.”

Many of the people here were whispering in fear at this news, worried that if they didn’t agree with this new rule of having an incestuous relationship with their family, they would be kicked out of the vault and more than likely die. This was the main reason why, even if they didn’t like it, most of them were willing to go ahead with this crazy woman’s demons. But there were a few who didn’t agree with the doctor, Christian Williams was one of them.

“You heathen, you would force are commit a great sin for your sick pleasure?” asked Williams, “What’s stopping us from throwing you out instead? There’s more of us than there are of you.”

“Great question,” Mary said with a dark smirk, “and here’s my answer. Guards!”

Four people came out, two men, and two women, after she called for the guards. As they appeared, two of them transformed, both transforming their body parts into earth armour, one better than the other, whilst the other two pointed their guns at them. “As you can see, I was prepared for something like this.” the doctor said as she kept smirking, “I made sure that when I picked people for my vault, I didn’t pick anyone with L’Cie powers that were stronger than my guards nor trained in fighting. You might outnumber us, but that doesn’t mean you out-power us.”

This put a stop to any resistance before it started.

“Now, to prove my point and to make sure you know I’m not bluffing, you Williams and your family will be kicked from this vault.” the doctor told him.

“You can’t do this, we’ll die.” Williams told her.

“You might, but that’s not my problem.” Mary told him darkly, “I need to make an example to show I’m not someone to miss with, and unfortunately for you, you and your family are that example. Don’t worry, I’m not a monster. I’ll give you enough food and clothing to last for the week. Other than that, you are on your own.”

“Please don’t, we’ll follow your rules, please don’t throw us out there.” begged Williams, not wanting to be the reason for his family to be killed.

“Guards, remove them.” ordered the Overseer, not giving a damn. She did this for two reasons. One was as she planned, to make sure that everyone knew that they had to obey her rule on an incestuous relationship or be kicked out. The other reason was that he didn’t want other resistance to appear. If Williams stayed, he might obey the rules for a bit, but eventually he would build up a resistance to take control of the place. Something Mary couldn’t allow, so had to remove Williams to prevent this.

So, once the guards had taken the Williams’s family away, the remaining people who were resistant to the vault’s rule realized that they were fucked. That they needed to do as this Overseer says or they would be kicked out like the Williams’s family. So, they bowed their heads and submitted to their new life.

“Okay, now that’s out of the way. Let me explain something important to you. Just in case you think you can get one over me.” explained Mary, “This vault has lots of hidden cameras, in the hallways, storerooms and other places where you might think to meet up with people in secret. I’m not stupid. I know some of you might try to have a normal relationship. But these cameras are there to make sure that you don’t.”

This shocked many of them, as a few of them were already thinking about doing just that. “Don’t get me wrong. Unlike with Williams and his family, we’ll give you lessons to change your view on incest.” explained Mary.

“Then, why didn’t you do that for the Williams’s family?” asked one of the vault dwellers.

Knowing that she couldn’t tell them the full truth, she said, “Because, I know Williams’s type, he would say he was all for it, but in fact, he wouldn’t be. He would work in the shadows to kick me out and take control of this vault, something I couldn’t allow. So he and his family had to go, as I couldn’t risk the family doing the same thing.”

Thankfully, the vault dwellers took this at face value. Now, Mary was going to pass the dwellers to the guard who would give them the room assignments, but she spotted a teen boy who was looking at his mother and his two older twin sisters and having the same look in his face that she used to have. One of wanting to be in an incestuous relationship but had to hide this.

Quickly looking through the hand device that Vault-Tec created recently called a tablet, it was a handheld computer, the size of a 12” book. So, as she looked through the tablet, she found out that this teen was John McKendrick. John was a handsome fourteen-year-old, with dark red hair and he was about six feet tall. He was taller than his mother, Maggie McKendrick, and his older twin sisters, Susan, and Sharon McKendrick.

As she looked at him, she thought she could help him and, at the same time, he could help her.

“Okay, I’ll now hand you over to the guards who’ll show you all where you’ll be living for the next twenty-five years.” explained the doctor, “Although I would like a private word with John McKendrick.”

“What do you want from my son?” asked Maggie McKendrick.

“Just want to make a deal with him,” explained the Overseer, “something that could be beneficial to you and your family.”

“Why speak to him about this, why not me?” asked the mother, not trusting this woman one bit and for good reason, too.

“He was picked from random as a winner of a competition,” lied Mary, not wanting the mother to know what she really wanted her son for, “where he won some extra stuff for himself and your family. I just want to talk to him about what he wants from a list of things that we have. There’s nothing to worry about. You have my word. Your safety is the most important thing for me. You might not think it’s true because of Williams, but I only did what I did for the protection of this vault, as I feared he or his family would act up if they stayed, in doing so, put everyone here at risk.”

Maggie thought about it for a moment before realizing that even if she wanted to say or do something, with the people protecting the Overseer, there wasn’t much she could do about her wanting to see her son alone. Despite that, if something happened to her son, there was nothing and her daughters wouldn’t do to make them pay.

“Fine, there’s nothing I can do to stop you from seeing my son alone.” admitted the mother, before giving the doctor a fair warning, “But, if anything happens to John, we’ll have a problem, I’ll do what you fear what Williams would have done, kick you out and take control of this vault.”

As she said this, there was a powerful fiery aura surrounding both Maggie and her daughters. This worried the doctor a bit, seeing how powerful they seemed to be. The guards were unsure about them too, but we’re ready to deal with them as best as they could. Right now, they had no desire to fight, as they didn’t want to put their son/brother in danger. But Mary suspected that if he died or even injured badly, all bets would be off. It would be safe to say this woman and daughters weren’t normal family members. Did she miss something during her research on the family? Whatever the case, if she didn’t want trouble with this family, she would have to treat John with care.

“You have no worries, Miss. McKendrick, all I want is to talk to your son for a bit and see what I can give him.” explained the Overseer.

“Okay.” Maggie said simply, knowing that there wasn’t much they could do about this.

“I’ll have your son back to you as soon as possible.” said Mary, as she altered which rooms that the McKendrick were in, making it so that they were in one of the better rooms. She did this to make them happy and hopefully get them on her side. “Mr. McKendrick, please follow me.” the Overseer told the young teen, smiling as the two left. She hoped she was right about this. If so, she might be able to get a bit of what she wanted soon.

o0OoO0o

23rd of October 2077 - Vault 66, Overseer’s Office:

“Now, Mr. McKendrick, or do you mind if I call you John? Please have a seat.” asked the Overseer as she locked the door behind them so as not to be disturbed and once, she did that, she closed the blinds on the huge window in the office, so that not to be seen.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.