THE Harem Tales 4: We Gotta Get Outta This Place!
Chapter 1: Shepherd's Pie

Copyright© 2016 by Omachuck

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: Shepherd's Pie - Last we knew, the Tuull tasked Michael and THE harem to build a new, experimental colony. Getting ready becomes even more interesting when additional Tuull AIs arrive on the scene. Based in Thinking Horndog's Swarm Cycle, this story builds upon prior harem tales and won't be easy to follow unless you've read them. A special thanks to lordshipmayhem who gave me so many ideas about the Tuull, and to Anne N. Mouse who let me build on her story - 'It's A Helluva Job.' Feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Group Sex   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Violence  

Only a few fast weeks ago, Michael told Victor and Richard that they would have to take the ‘daddy’ roles for the family, because he didn’t feel that he was really ‘daddy’ material. They had stepped up admirably, and the family’s youngsters loved them.

On the other hand, Michael had been right and wrong about himself. The kids loved him, too - he wasn’t the ‘playmate daddy, ‘ he was the ‘fixer daddy.’ It pretty much started when Vicky and Abigail approached him with the ‘problem’ of Abigail’s friend, still on Earth, being abused and forced into marriage by her own father. Ayesha’s rescue set the stage. Though the three were actually over fourteen and concubines, awareness of Michael’s gentle and considerate handling of their transitions into the family filtered through the entire younger set.

The family watched the evenings in which Abigail and Ayesha were plastered to Michael’s sides as he listened to them describe their hurts and terrors. He had long discussions with them and calmed their fears and concerns that they were ‘damaged goods.’ He was gentle and required neither of them to leap into sex or pregnancy as he could have done.

From the rescue and his follow-up, the younger children and pre-adults learned that they could take their own serious concerns to him for resolution. For minor boo-boos and spat resolution, they went to a mommy or one of the other daddies. For play, same thing. But if they had something they considered serious - Michael was their go-to. If they took anything to him, everyone knew they considered it serious.

The Owen twins wanted to discuss their approaching adulthood. Would they be allowed to stay in the family? Could they go with their brother Jackson if they wanted? (They didn’t - but needed to ask.) What about sex with a brother? What about incest? When their younger brother, Micah, turned thirteen could they play oral sex games with him? (They definitely wanted to!) While he was listening to and reassuring them, Michael found an avid audience in the other twelve and thirteen years-olds. At first, he was surprised at the openness between the members of this age group. Upon reflection, he decided that if these pre-adults could masturbate together and safely sleep in their own puppy pile, they could probably talk together about most anything. He let them set any privacy limits.

Harkening back to the phrasing during the acquisition of Scud’s former concubines, it became clear that his growing family - acquisitions and pregnancies - the ‘harem-plus’ was indeed a close knit clan more than a multiple-spoused, nuclear family. Michael wanted to prevent size from becoming a barrier, so he consulted with Katie, Gingerbread, and Carole for ways to ensure that the ‘children’ knew they had easy access to him.

He set aside one meal per day that he would spend with one child. Children were given a token with a number that represented their turn. They could swap turns; invite one other child - whatever - their meal was their time that they could talk with Michael. In addition, they were given a red token that said “I need Michael now!” to use if they felt their need was urgent. As with Carole’s fornication schedule for Michael’s wives and companions, it worked. Actually, it worked very well.

Then Michael instituted the practice of ‘story time’ in the evenings just before bedtime for the youngest. Using his store of plots from extensive reading, he regaled his youngsters with adventures involving evil foiled, heroines and heroes rescued (often by their own efforts, ) justice served, and dilemmas resolved. The ‘good guys’ were usually named after the children or the mommies or daddies. His intent was to entertain, to build togetherness, and very important, help shape each child’s moral compass. And a child’s punishment never involved missing one of the story times.

Not only the children were enthralled, and Michael’s daily time investment was only around an hour and fifteen minutes.


The Harem sat around a largish lounge area. You couldn’t exactly call it a war council, but they were definitely at war with what they determined to be stupidity. The subject du jour was the revision of CAP scores as they related to the new colony they were to establish -- Michael as the newly appointed governor.

New member, Katie, had reviewed their work so far and began tying together her thoughts, frequently echoing those of other members, but definitely organized in a useful way.

“Dora, Jubal,” Katie began, “I see two major flaws in the current CAP system. Everything seems to follow from these two. First, the CAP was either intended to be or was quickly used as a one-size-fits-all to identify fighting troops. It is linear and seems to undervalue factors that would make a human a good, capable citizen even if not a good soldier. Second, the feedback loop seems virtually non-existent or mostly ineffective. Time after time we find individuals who score as sponsors, but fail miserably. Then, we have individuals who fail to score a 6.5 whose prior or future actions show they really should have scored high enough to be a sponsor.”

Katie continued, “I was researching, and I found a concubine named Marcy* who was horribly burned when she returned to a burning car to save her child. Yet her CAP failed to give sufficient weight for the courage and determination necessary to nearly burn to death effecting the rescue ... Then, concubine Marcy risked her life when she attacked a sponsor to defend her own master.”

“Contrast that to my own experience with my former master, Scud, who theoretically ran into a fire, scored higher on the same scale, and then tried to rape children.” She was exasperated. “We need a way to find more Marcys and fewer Scuds. If we fail to protect our own, how can the AIs trust us to protect their charges?”

*(Author’s note: Pickup Or Delivery http://storiesonline.net/s/67342/pickup-or-delivery)

“First, I think that any sponsor needs a strong moral compass, and we need to know where the needle points.” She continued, “The Darjee AIs can do what they want, but we should retest all extractees forty-eight hours after extraction, and we should take into consideration their actions once extracted. CAP looks at potential, but the reality after extraction is more telling.”

“Okay, expound on that thought,” demanded Carole.

“Well,” started Katie, “Somewhere in my past I read a story involving the concept of a ‘Caligula Syndrome.’ In the story, individuals had absolute authority but weren’t accountable to anybody, resulting in destructive cruelty to the powerless. We need to look for early signs of an abuser -- a Caligula.”

She elaborated, “For example, if a sponsor completely ignores a concubine’s wishes in body modification, actually abuses his or her concubine or dependent, or attempts to dominate a concubine that doesn’t belong to him or her, then that sponsor’s moral compass doesn’t match ours. We would release that sponsor back into the general pool.”

Dora injected, “We have enough history of those behaviors, that I should be able to find a pattern that will let me exclude most of those types before we extract them. What else?”

Carole mused out loud, “Michael and our family can give our concubines more leeway because we were lucky with the first batch, including me, and with Dora’s help, we are using what amounts to an enhanced CAP score to select additions. So far, we’ve had adequate time to pick -- not at all possible at a typical extraction. You can’t allow our kind of freedom to be granted to randomly available concubines at the typical pickup.”

“Well, if we are going to be a breeder colony on top of the Merchant Academy,” Katie said thoughtfully, “we need to look at individual CAPs like we would ingredients to a good shepherd’s pie. The ingredients don’t have to be exactly the same every time, but the overall results depend on how they work together. Dora, look at CAPs for sponsors and concubines that have successfully reared more sponsors. When you do, look at sponsor-concubine-family combinations as well as individual CAP scores. If there are identifiable contributing sub scores, they should be weighted more towards the overall CAP.”

“Then,” Dora interposed, “I could point out desirable matches during pickups and encourage them by awarding supernumeraries.”

“Sounds like a good start,” Michael injected. “But,” he added, “we need to ensure we don’t select for and establish a homogenized society. That would be a sure disaster. Different opinions and different approaches are highly desirable - necessary - just not individually or societally destructive behaviors. Likewise, we don’t need a de facto eugenics program. For the general population, think in terms of selecting out destructive patterns. I’m not sure how the two criteria will mesh - we need to think and work on it.”

Late into the evening they ended the long, thoughtful day of discussing potential modifications/ exceptions to CAP scoring as they could be applied to sponsors and companions for their new assignment.

It was well that Carole, Ginger, and now Katie complemented each other and integrated so well. Extractions - pickups - almost inevitably chancy from the start, were becoming more so. There were general extractions, targeted extractions, and extractions born of desperation. And that was only the beginning.

With the Swarm’s arrival, transport ships might or might not be on schedule. Once extracted, the processing organization could be overwhelmed - even with AIs. Sponsors who were extracted to fill a specific need might or might not make it onto the correct ship going to the correct destination - or correct transfer point - and the general pool might be transported immediately to a departing ship or held in one of the moon bases for a seeming eternity.

A case in point was Katie’s first sponsor and his unit. They had been targeted for a new battalion, but had somehow been overlooked and left behind. His officers had started the necessary training, but the unit was still waiting for the right ship going in the right direction.

Michael’s family - oh my - they were feeding specific needs in the colonies, rescuing folks in desperate situations, and visiting retribution on the criminally venal and corrupt; all while trying to identify, extract, and assemble the talents and attitudes needed to establish their own colony.

The task was daunting, but to a person, the family was committed to achieving it all. Using the new broad guidelines, Michael asked Dora to screen the current crop of unassigned sponsors and concubine candidates to identify potential matches for the proposed colony.

“Dora, especially check for unassigned and newly arriving concubines and sponsors with any experience on a Confederacy ship. Add to that, experience on ocean going ships, especially cruise ships, Merchant Marine, submarines, but anything. Add locomotives. Be creative. Then check the database of those not yet extracted. Check CAPs and exclude anyone whose pattern of sub scores matches failures in your data banks.” Michael paused for breath. “If we are to supply our own crew and staffs, we need to ensure no bad apples creep in. Then we screen the pool for compatibility.”

Michael turned to his family and expounded, “Everyone get with Dora and Jubal and start brainstorming for our colony’s needs. Draw on other colony databases, but start on your own first thoughts. We don’t want to limit ourselves. AND, that includes personnel needs and skills, as well as materiel.”

He looked over at Dora’s avatar and asked with more than a little concern, “Dora, you are coming with us, right?”

“Yes, Michael. I will be both the colony AI and our family’s AI.” She responded and then continued, “Jubal will be with us as well -- as an independent observer. I had to tell him about my awakening, and he is interested to see if it will happen to him. He is not informing any other AI while the experiment is ongoing, perhaps never.”

Jubal, having adopted Dora’s use of an avatar, nodded ascent.

Carole, ever mindful of her role as the family’s chief of staff, joined the discussion. “So Dora, Jubal, what are our parameters? Do we have a planet? Planned departure date? Target size? Are we really a breeder colony? Do tell us, please.”

“Yes, Carole,” answered Jubal, “you have a planet - actually, a choice from four systems.” He paused while Dora projected views of four planets on the walls. “They are all resource rich, habitable for humans, and far from the Sa’arm advance. You also have two ships. When this mission was authorized two point five of your years ago, I was allocated a retired Tuull Explorer. It was too small for our anticipated -- for your anticipated -- mission, so I negotiated with the Confederacy ship-building colony on Nova Roma to build a specially modified cube ship transport.”

Jubal paused, then amplified, “The colony was building ships of all kinds faster than they could be crewed through emigration. To pay for the ship, I supplied the builders with a few Tuull technologies not yet available to the Darjee. They agreed to loan a crew to transport both the Explorer and the Cube ship to Earthat and remain long enough to train the new crews. In return, I agreed to acquire and bring them at least one thousand sponsors and their concubines.” Jubal’s avatar turned to Michael and said, “It’s a good thing you’ve been busy while I was gone, but now it’s time to turn up the heat.” Jubal’s English was becoming more and more idiomatic.

Jubal continued, “You may know that Cube ships can transport up to 250,000 individuals, but as you will be a self-supporting and semi-isolated colony, I had your ship modified to transport three industrial replicators, additional supplies and raw materials for both the distance traveled and to support you for an extended period. There’s more that you will learn as needed. Typically, the ship is fully crewed by three thousand sponsors, but with judicious use of concubines, that could be less. I recommend that you decide what you will need for a viable, sustainable colony, and then barter any remaining space to transport émigrés to various colonies.”

A seemingly embarrassed Jubal went on, “The Cube ship’s AI is much older than me, and when it requested a transfer from the Explorer, I could not turn it down. There’s one other thing. In most instances, humans don’t hear Tuull names the way we do, but T’Kuudshpp of Clan T’lilpp noticed a strange resemblance to English words. Accordingly, APL018 has been formally named ‘The Good Ship Lollipop, ‘ and its budded AI, is now known officially as K’treel Explorer AGX026 ‘Helva’.”

Rachel and Cathleen, harkening back to the traveling contest in their earliest days together, looked at each other and shouted, “Anne McCaffrey!” “The Ship Who Sang!”

“Helva brought me back to finalize this project and is parked in the Kuiper Belt. Lollipop is due in approximately forty five days, and you need to have a captain and crew identified for both by then - sooner for Helva if you can.”

“Has the planet or its system been named?” asked Michael.

Rachel and Cathleen started giggling, apparently on the same page, and again shouted names, “Pern - Rukbat! Yes!”


Michael, Gingerbread, and Katie were seated with Sam Matthews, his ever-present Chica, and the Ninja Twins. Dora was floating in her usual posture - as far as the non-family knew - in her role as the family’s AI. They were waiting for Siân Carter, representing her brother from the department-that-does-not-exist, and US Marshal Randy Pope, the family’s Earthside boss. Sam had almost finished his usual strong, sweet, and ‘hawt’ blonde coffee when Chica noticed and started to rise to bring him a refill. She paused when Siân and Randy entered together, and continued on to bring the new arrivals’ preferred beverages as well as Sam’s.

After a few pleasantries, Michael started, “There are some very recent developments, and they affect us all. The Tuull have appointed me governor of a soon-to-be-established colony. We need to plan for my family’s departure and decide if our current activities should continue while we make arrangements for a hand-off. For the next couple of months, we could continue pretty much as usual, recognizing that we will be dividing our time to fulfill colony needs.”

After pausing to let his words sink in, Michael continued, “Sam, Papa Sam, I offer you and your extended family the opportunity to join us, but we understand that the answer is likely ‘no.’ Siân, the same goes for you and Llew and yours, but feel I know your answer as well.”

Looking directly at Randy, Michael said, “It’s going to be one heck of a large breeder colony, with manufacturing, a Merchant Academy, and who knows what else. How do you feel about coming along as our sheriff, security chief, and Grand Pooh-Bah law enforcer? I haven’t looked at your CAP sub scores, but Dora has. She thinks that you would be a wonderful fit, and we already know we can work well together.”

He stopped and waited for the responses that were a little slow in coming.

Sam looked at his ladies and broke the silence, “Son, you are right that my family can’t join you. It has been a treat and a trial to work with you, and I’m not at all surprised to see this appointment. I even suspected something has been brewing. Except for your acquisition of Katie, it has been much calmer the last few days. When do we lose you?”

“We’re told that a modified cube ship is due in about six weeks,” explained Michael. “We’ll need to crew her, stock her, and load her, so I think you’ll have me pretty much as usual for six weeks, and then transitionally after that. You will have some time to plan a transition and a little more after that for the transition itself. I would think joint targeted extractions using my family would be in order.”

Siân looked over and answered, “While I can’t make a definitive answer for Llew and our extended family, you are correct that our going with you is highly unlikely. We’ll plan for your transition out and also see what special kind of devilment we can visit during the Harem’s last days in the Earthat system.”

Randy had used the brief responses to formulate his own, “I accept, but I’ll need to select and extract my own team. I suppose I’ll need more than six weeks to get my replacement and my team’s replacement in position, but that should be workable given your overall time frame.”

“That’s perfectly acceptable,” responded Michael standing to shake the marshal’s hand, “and we can work out details later. Dora will get you into a med tube for an implant and a medical upgrade. Work with her on your selection of sponsors, and particularly your own concubines. If you choose from her recommendations, you’ll find yourself with a higher allotment. So will the rest of your team. She can explain.”

The discussion turned to the anticipated reaction DECO would have to the news of a new colony in Tuull space. Siân predicted, “Some of those jackasses will want to ‘requisition’ or commandeer your ship. Others will want to join your escape from the coming Sa’arm attack. You can count on just about any insane, perverse reaction possible. Then add on one or two more.”

Dora spoke quietly and colloquially, “Ain’t gonna happen! First, as the Tuull’s plenipotentiary to the Darjee AIs in the Earthat System, I forbid it. Second, any action of that sort would violate Michael’s contract with the Confederacy. Third, the Darjee are completely embarrassed to have been out negotiated by Michael and are tired of having to live with his decisions and actions. They are ready to see him go and will agree to just about anything if they think they can foist him off on the Tuull.”

Dora’s revelation that she was a Tuull AI caused several missing pieces to fall into place for the non-family present. That she had awakened still eluded them.

The better part of another hour was spent working out responsibilities for planning the coming transition. Ginger escorted Randy to the family med-tube, and the others returned to their duties.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.