Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 60

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 60 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

A very wet and cold group entered the Nightgate inn. “Oh, my, surely you didn’t all fall into a lake?” the concerned innkeeper asked.

“No, stupid Dwemer construction, having a water pipe rupture and flood the chamber you’re in is not a good way to stay dry. We’ll need towels and the fire built up a bit to dry off, as well as warm food and drink. Lydia, get dried off first, I want you to get to Irkngthand and bring our party back here.”

She quickly stripped her armor and underthings off, standing nude in the room while drying herself with towels. I held her armor over the fire pit itself to get it dried off, then cast a small, controlled flame spell to dry her clothes as well. It only took a short time and she was ready to go. She stepped outside, ready to run.

We followed her out. “Hold on.” I summoned Arvak. “Ride him. As long as you don’t dismount, he’ll stay on this plane for you.”

“Yes, my Thane.” She mounted his back and then headed off southward.

“I suspect they’ll be back in just a few hours. Come on, let’s get inside and get warmed up. And ... Ollheim, once you and Svenla get dried off, I want the two of you outside on guard duty. I’d really, really hate to be surprised by a group of Stormcloak soldiers while I’m wandering around in only a towel.”

In the way that only a Nord could, he dismissively said, “After what we just witnessed, I think that you could be stark naked and unarmed and still take out at least twenty troops with ease.”

“Well, while that’s probably true, I’d just as soon not have to find out.”

The two regular soldiers quickly dried off and grabbed something warm, then went outside. Karliah looked at me. “You’re spooked about something. What is it?”

“Things are going to come to a head here in Skyrim quicker than I anticipated. Gelebor, I’d love to send you back to the Chantry with the Eyes of the Falmer right now, and help Karliah take the Skeleton Key back to Nocturnal. But I think we’re seeing the actions of a desperate man. There was no reason for Ollheim and his troops to be where they were, no reason for one of his men to run off.”

Karliah looked thoughtful. “You think that Ulfric will gather all of his troops for one final push somewhere, then?”

“Exactly. And since I need every soldier I can alive to go against the Thalmor ... I’m afraid I’m going to piss some people off.”

“Like Delphine, Jordris, Rikke, and all three of your wives?”

I looked down at the bowl of stew that had been placed in front of me, taking a spoonful. “Yes, exactly. Is this going to cause a problem for any of you?”

I’ve never heard a group of people snort at the same time. Mjoll said, “I presume we’re going to wait for the rest of our people from Irkngthand to show up before we storm the parapets of Windhelm?”

“Certainly. And ... I have an idea.”

Gelebor chuckled. “Why does that scare me?”

Fortunately, we were not bothered by any Stormcloak troops and our party was joined by those who’d stayed above ground. There were watches throughout the night just to make sure we weren’t disturbed, but the sky was clear the next morning for us to leave. When we started out heading back east, Lydia pulled her horse up to mine.

“Um, My Queen, I know you’ve been mightily confused as to your location a couple of times while we were traveling. But this isn’t the way to the ... Twilight Sepulcher, isn’t it? Or for that matter, back to the Chantry.”

I calmly looked at her. “You’re going to be slightly miffed at me, my dear housecarl. But it’s time to end the Stormcloak rebellion completely. Send Ollheim up here, I need to talk to him.”

We talked about my plans as we rode back to Agna’s Mill. There was a bit of argument, some discussion about who would do what, and some just in case planning, but in the end, we were ready as the Windhelm stables came into sight. As a group, we stopped and dismounted at the end of the bridge. As we’d discussed, Sapphire and Gutro stayed with the horses, getting them turned around and keeping them ready just in case we had to flee in a hurry.

Ollheim and Hilgr started leading us across the bridge, still wearing their Stormcloak apparel. There were a couple of regular guards along the bridge who gaped at the size of the party approaching the gate to the city. We made it further than I thought before we were challenged., almost all the way to the door.

“Halt, in the name of Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm and High King of Skyrim. Who are you that approach his city?”

Ollheim yelled back, “I am Ollheim Sable-Blood, former officer of the Stormcloaks, now a officer in the Dragonborn’s Own. And I am here on behalf of the true High Queen of Skyrim, to bring her challenge to Ulfric, that he is a coward who is hiding behind these walls. He is no true Nord, afraid to face the true High Queen in combat himself, and by those actions of his, he is no Jarl to this city or the people of this hold!”

The guard sergeant looked at him in disbelief. “You dare to say that here, where I can summon the strength of the army to kill you where you stand?”

“Go ahead. Bring your soldiers. So long as Ulfric hides behind them, he is no King, no leader. He is nothing but a mewling, cowardly milk drinker. Get this through your head, he is being challenged to personal combat, one on one. No armies. And may Talos grant victory to the true King or Queen of Skyrim!”

The entire guard force heard that. The sergeant grabbed one of his soldiers, giving him some quick commands and orders. The trooper looked like he wanted to argue, but then thought better of it. The door to the city opened slightly, allowing him to slip inside. In the meantime, the sergeant approached our group.

“I recognize you, Ollheim Sable-Blood. You’ve been in town before, spoken with both Yrsarald Thrice-Pierced and Galmar Stone-Fist. How can you turn traitor to the cause?”

“I recognize you as well, Sergeant. I am no traitor to Skyrim or to Talos. And if Ulfric comes out, you’ll find out yourself who has the right.”

“Very well. I will not offer you food, drink, or rest for now. We will see when, or if, Ulfric comes here, if those terms change.”

Very quickly after the messenger entered the city, I saw several heads peering over the parapet walls overlooking the gate. It only seemed like an eternity passed before the gates to the city opened again. A small crowd of soldiers came out, taking up flanking positions on either side of the gate, with their weapons ready. Five men followed them. From how closely he resembled his brother, I recognized one of them as Harrald. The other four were Yrsarald, Galmar and his brother Rolff, and finally Ulfric himself.

Galmar came forward. “What is this nonsense, Ollheim? I received a report that you had been captured by Imperial forces. Now, if that’s not true, what in Oblivion are you doing here now, with the group of ... rabble?”

“I am here as the messenger of the High Queen of Skyrim, Galmar. She has issued a challenge to Ulfric, to meet him in honorable combat, one on one, to end this war.”

Ulfric snorted. “What nonsense. We have this war nearly won. General Tullius is dead, the Imperial forces are in retreat everywhere, running from our forces and not fighting. This is obviously a ploy.”

Erandur walked forward. “I am Erandur, a priest of Mara. While I realize that you do not have any love for my kind in your city, I am not here as a Dunmer. I am here as a speaker for the Divine Mara herself. She is the goddess of compassion, and that is how I address you today, with compassion. Jarl Ulfric, while you have some of your facts correct, you are in error with others and I fear that they have led you to an incorrect conclusion.”

Galmar laughed. “What does a priest of Mara know of war?”

“I know that while you are correct in that General Tullius himself is dead, he was killed by the new General of the Imperial forces in Skyrim when he failed to pledge himself to the rightful Empress of Tamriel. It is my understanding that both of you have personally served with her, the former Legate, now General, Rikke. You know her to be honorable. I know that the Imperial forces are not in retreat, they are merely reorganizing, not for combat against your troops, but for the upcoming war against the Aldmeri Dominion.”

He began pacing back and forth in front of us. “I know that the reason they are avoiding fighting with your troops is that the Empress of Tamriel doesn’t want any more dead on either side of this conflict if it can be avoided, with one exception, and that is you, Jarl Ulfric. And she would spare your life if possible, should you respect her rule. This is no ploy. The Empress has declared the White-Gold Concordat null and void. Talos worship in Tamriel ... all of Tamriel, including Skyrim ... is now legal.”

“And I know this as well, Jarl Ulfric.” He stopped pacing. “There are nine holds in Skyrim. I was there, saw it myself, and say this in Mara’s name. Eight of those holds have pledged themselves to the High Queen of Skyrim. She wears the Jagged Crown and has been recognized by all the Temples as the true High Queen. Your rebellion is at an end.”

The troops behind him started muttering between themselves, and even his advisors were shaken by what Erandur said. Ulfric thought for only a brief moment, then said, “If what you say is true, priest, then where is this High Queen? Ollheim said he was here to issue a challenge in her name! If I were to accept that challenge, where is she? Planning to fight somewhere, on her own ground, where she can set the terms, have her army there to treacherously kill me? No, if she wants to meet me, then she can do it here in front of my own city!”

I do so love it when a plan comes together. I let the robe that had been concealing me me slide off. “And so we shall, Ulfric! Right here, right now, in front of your own city, as you just swore!” I strode forward. “I am Martina Grize’! I wear the Jagged Crown and I am the High Queen of Skyrim. You are all witness that Ulfric has accepted my challenge to single combat here in front Windhelm. Do any of you deny honor?”

Galmar and Rolff both reached for their swords. Ulfric held up his hand, stopping them before they got them halfway out of their sheathes. Ulfric took a couple of steps closer to me. In a conversational tone, he said, “I know you. You were at Helgen. And from before, in Bruma, if I remember correctly. It appears that I missed a chance that night, to pleasure myself with your body. I don’t use necromancy to pleasure myself with the dead, for that is surely what you shall be soon.”

“You seem sure of that. We’ve also met since then, at High Hrothgar. Perhaps you recall I have another title, Ulfric, pawn of the Thalmor. I am Dragonborn.”

“That matters not. You are just a novice with the voice. I have studied it for years, have true mastery of it. You shall die, just a Torygg did, and I will be High King, just as I should have been named when he died.”

I opened my arms wide. “We have a long bridge here. May I suggest that everyone give us a bit of room, and we engage each other closer to the middle? That way when you die, your blood won’t stain the front gates. Unless you wish to simply surrender now?”

He chuckled. “I like that, spirit even before death. It will be my pleasure to take the Jagged Crown from your dead body. Then all shall know the truth of it.”

“In all fairness to you, which is something you did not give to Torygg, I am already wearing my armor. I will be more than happy to wait an hour if you wish to get your armor to meet me.”

Galmar had crept closer. “Fairness? Ha! I am sure that you simply want Ulfric where your archers can pick him off. Where are you forces, Imperial? I know you’ve a plan!”

I placed my left hand up over my heart. “Galmar, you wound me with your baseless accusations. I have no hidden army. The only troops I have with me are those you see here before you, and most of them are not soldiers. I have no fear of facing Ulfric with only what I’m wearing now, completely by myself. I’m merely giving him the courtesy of preparing for his final combat as Jarl.”

“Enough!” Ulfric roared. “I am ready, here, and now! Have your people ready to carry your lifeless body home! We shall meet, in the middle of the bridge, in five minutes!”

Everyone with me turned at once and headed for the far side of the bridge. I remained where I was, then casually began walking slowly walking backwards towards the center. “Do you not trust me, woman?”

“Not since you put something into my drink in Bruma. You couldn’t get what you wanted without resorting to trickery then, you did the same with Torygg, so why should I trust you now?”

“Ha!” The door to the city opened and two men came out, carrying some armor. Ulfric quickly slipped it on, and was ready in only a couple of minutes. “Now you see that I am truly ready to kill you, woman!”

“Come on, then. I wear the Jagged Crown. If you have the balls to take it from me, then you deserve it. But I think you’re lacking in those, have been ever since you started working for the Thalmor.”

“I am no pawn of theirs!”

“Really? Then those books that Elenwen kept, her diaries where she mentioned how she let you lead the attack on Markarth to secure it, how she made sure you were able to escape Solitude after killing Torygg, I guess those were all wrong. Probably pissed you off when Thongvor Silver-Blood and Kottir Red-Shoal pledged themselves to me, too.”

From behind Ulfric, I heard another murmur from his troops. I faintly heard Lydia shout something. I knew then that she had pulled out and was displaying the banners for all to see, the banners of the other eight holds of Skyrim. Ulfric laughed. “Ha, some fancy pieces of cloth do not a leader make!”

“No, you’re right. Neither does killing an innocent, leaving a young woman widowed, which is all you’ve done. That simply shows you’re a brute. Come on, then, or are you afraid to meet me?”

He slipped on a helmet and started towards me, his axe raised for combat., a shield at the ready. I pulled my sword but kept my shield down. As he got closer, he said, “It’s too bad, you know. I bet I could have made you squeal in bed.”

“That’s okay. There’s enough squealing from my three wives already.”

“Soon to be widows!” He started to charge me, his axe held up, then stopped just outside sword range. I was ready as he shouted Unrelenting Force at me, and had a simple ward spell already cast before he could finish. His shout hit the ward and broke to both sides of me, not causing me any harm at all. He had started to move forward again but stopped, skidding to a halt at the sight of me standing there unharmed.

“What? How is this possible?”

“As I said, Ulfric. You may have some skill with shouts, but I am Dragonborn! FUS RO DAH!” He had never learned that wards will negate shouts. My full shout when combined with the training I’d received from Paarthurnax completely blasted Ulfric from his feet. Even as far back as they were, it still staggered some of the soldiers near the gate. Ulfric flew through the air a good fifty feet, landing on his back, skidding to a halt at the feet of Galmar and Rolff, stunned.

Rather than charge after him, I simply stood still while he staggered back to his feet. It took him long enough to gather his composure that I was ready again if I needed to be. “Unlike you, I fight with honor and did not charge you while you lay helpless. Come, Ulfric, match blades with me!”

He shook off the helping hands of Galmar and Rolff. “So, you have some skill with a word of power. We shall see who is the better!” He started towards me again, holding his axe up in the ready position. I had my sword out in front of me, ready to parry his first blow.

He stopped. “You say I killed an innocent. You are wrong. I killed Torygg to prove our wretched condition. How is the High King supposed to be the defender of Skyrim, if he can’t even defend himself? Just as you will now die! ZUN HAAL VIIK!”

I held my sword up as his shout hit me and did nothing. He had started to step forward again, obviously expecting me to be befuddled. “Okay, now you’re just being insulting. Did you think that a simple disarm shout would work on me? Perhaps you would like a lesson on the Thu’um? FEIM ZII!” The shout turned me ethereal, and I ran forward, charging through Ulfric. He had swung at me as I passed in front of him, then looked around for me.

I appeared behind him. That meant there was plenty of distance between him and any that could be harmed by my next one. “Turn around, you cowardly worm. You have claimed to be High King, to master the Thu’um! You are not even fit to talk to a dovah! Learn now, how the dragons truly speak to each other! YOL TOOR SHUL!” The shout of dragon fire coming from me shocked all of his followers. Ulfric barely got his shield up in time to avoid being burnt to a crisp. His hair didn’t survive, though, with most of it being turned to ash.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.