Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One - Cover

Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Riley Flowers moves to Wolf Junction, Nebraska, and is intensely drawn to shy, sexy Calvin Lightfoot. Calvin's been burned by lost love before, and he's not willing to chance it again--until Riley enters his life. He wants her for his own, but will she be able to accept the shifter side of him and come to love the man within? *spicy heat level, violence, adult situations*

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Mystery   Paranormal   Were animal   Interracial   Violence  

As she drove past a stand of trees in the field on her side, Riley caught a glimpse of something in the side mirror. What was it? She slowed down and squinted, trying to bring it into better focus. A tingle of disbelief zipped up her spine as she recognized the bobbing head of a black horse approaching from behind.

“No way. I have to be seeing things,” she said. “A horse can’t be chasing me.”

Slowing down, she pulled over on the shoulder of the road and killed the engine. Getting out, she heard hoofbeats on the asphalt several yards away and saw a horse prancing on the yellow line.

“It’s going to get run over.” Conscious that she was in high heels, Riley carefully started for the horse. “Hey, you.” She made kissing noises. “Come here. Where do you belong?”

She wished that she had her truck since she carried extra halters and lead ropes in it. Although she didn’t know who owned the horse, she could’ve taken the horse home and found out the next day. To her surprise, the horse reared and then trotted towards her at a good clip.

The next instant, her heart knocked against her ribs in fear. The horse stretched out its neck, head low to the ground, and began snaking, the maneuver stallions use to keep their mares and foals in line. Employing teeth, hooves, and hard shoves, stallions bring disobedient members of the herd to heel. Judging by its behavior, the black stallion considered her a mare.

Riley backed toward her car as the stallion closed in on her. “Whoa, fella. I’m no threat to you. Easy, boy.”

The stallion came to a stop several feet from her and pawed the road. She noticed that it was unshod and wondered why its owner hadn’t shoed the horse. Even though she’d been going almost fifty miles an hour, the stallion wasn’t winded. What horse could run at that speed and not be blowing hard?

The stallion squealed and backed off with prancing steps. Raising its tail, it trotted on the road with a graceful, high stepping action. She chuckled at the way it was showing off. From what she could see in the dark, the stallion’s confirmation was excellent. Its gleaming coat and flowing mane and tail indicated that it was in prime health.

“Where did you come from?”

The stallion stopped prancing and walked right up to her. Riley held out flat hands to it and smiled when it lipped her palms. Up close, she was a little intimidated by the stallion’s size.

“Hi, buddy. What a handsome guy you are.” She stroked the stallion’s face. “Are you lost? Why aren’t you at home?”

The stallion shook its head and then nuzzled her neck, making her laugh.

“That tickles.” She gently pushed the stallion’s face away and stroked its arched neck. “What a beautiful coat you have. Stand.” She hoped that the horse had been trained in manners. “Stand.”

The stallion raised its head, pushed its back feet out in a show horse stance, and then froze. Riley grinned in delight and started running her hands down its chest, along its strong yet trim barrel and powerful haunches. Carefully, she walked behind the stallion and gave the other side the same treatment. It stood rock-still as she examined its legs.

“Well, there’s nothing wrong with you. You are a fine specimen of horseflesh.”

The stallion came out of its stance with a loud whicker and nuzzled her neck again as she came around its front again.

“You’re such a sweetheart,” Riley said when the horse rubbed its head against her. “I don’t know what to do with you. I don’t have a rope or anything.” Inspiration hit her. “Oh! I can take your picture and post it to see who you belong to.”

The stallion started fidgeting and backed off.

“No, no. Stand. Stay here. Stand,” Riley said.

The stallion snorted and shook its head. With a loud whinny, it reared, pawing the air before coming down. It trotted for a few steps before breaking into a smooth canter. Its hoofbeats faded away and it disappeared into the night, leaving Riley to wonder if she’d imagined the whole thing.

Riley waited for a few minutes to see if the horse would come back, but it didn’t. A shiver ran through her as the frigid wind blew harder and she got back in her warm car. As she put the Corvette in gear and pulled back out onto the road, Riley couldn’t shake the idea that she knew the stallion. There’d been something familiar in the way he’d nuzzled her neck. Laughing at herself, she shrugged off that notion, but the encounter with the beautiful animal stayed with her all that night.


The next morning, Calvin rose early to talk to Tyra before she went to bed. Like the Great Horned Owl that was her shifter specialty, Tyra preferred the nighttime. Four nights a week, she watched over the ranch, ensuring the safety of her family. The other three nights, Abe, who was a year younger than her, stood guard overnight. He prowled the property in grizzly form, alert for any hint of danger.

Calvin found Tyra in the kitchen, chopping up peppers for the omelets she and Delia were making. She usually helped with breakfast, but there were days when she was just too tired and headed to bed early.

“Morning, Tyra.” Calvin joined her at the counter. “Have a good night?”

Her intense amber eyes met his. “Just fine. How was your date?”

“It was good.” He cast a furtive look around, but the other family members were all engaged in conversation and not paying attention to them. “I want to talk to you about something after breakfast.”

Tyra arched fine, dark eyebrow. “What about?”

Calvin fidgeted a little. “It’s personal.”

Tyra was their expert on shifter lore, and he had some questions for her.

“Is this about your lady friend?”

Tyra’s instincts about people mirrored her inner owl’s hunting accuracy.

“Yeah.”

Tyra finished with the peppers and gathered them into a bowl. “Okay. As soon as we’re done, we’ll go to my room.”

“Thanks. You need any help?” Calvin asked.

Tyra’s response was one he heard often. “I appreciate the offer, but the best way you can help me is to just sit down.”

Calvin laughed and took his usual seat next to Adam. Although the food was delicious, Calvin’s stomach wouldn’t accept much of the omelet and hash browns served. He forced as much of it down as possible and then got up to leave. His mind shied away from the questions he had for his sister, suddenly afraid of the answers. As he took down his flannel jacket, he caught Tyra’s confused gaze.

He just gave her a brief smile and said, “I have to run into town. Be back in a bit.”

Adam laid down his fork. “You gonna help me take Riley’s steer over to her this afternoon?”

Calvin put on his hat. “Yeah. I’ll be back way before that.”

“Did you kiss her?” asked sixteen-year-old Gemma. “I mean, really kiss her?” Her hazel eyes sparkled as she giggled.

Calvin flushed. “None of your business.”

Laughter filled the kitchen, driving Calvin outside. Even though he was annoyed at his family’s nosiness, he couldn’t help being amused, too. As he crossed the drive to his old rust bucket of a truck, impatience to see Riley filled him. He knew it had been stupid to show his animal form to her, but he’d wanted to see how she would treat an unfamiliar horse.

Before he became too deeply involved with her, Calvin had to know that she wasn’t an animal abuser. She’d passed his test with flying colors. The gentle, knowledgeable way she’d examined him, and her kind tone of voice had proved that she was a true horsewoman who appreciated the equine species. Her touch had also excited him, and he’d been hard pressed to keep his body in check.

Although he really did have business in town, Calvin mostly wanted to see Riley. He also wanted to bang his head on the window to restore sanity to his brain. What was he thinking? As soon as he showed his abilities to Riley—assuming they were together that long—she would drop him. And yet he wanted to believe that she was different than Jenny. That she was more openminded.

Calvin pulled his cellphone from his coat pocket and hit the phone number of the one man he knew had all the answers he sought. Just when Calvin thought his call would go to voicemail, Trent picked up.

“Hey, buddy. How are you?”

Calvin smiled. “I’m good. Confused, but good. How are you?”

“Glad to be getting on a plane and coming home.”

Now Calvin really did want to smack his forehead. “I forgot you’d be at the airport by now. You must be just getting ready to board. Sorry.”

“That’s okay. There’s a bunch of people ahead of me, so I got a minute. What are you confused about?”

“Don’t worry about it. It’ll keep until you get home,” Calvin said.

“Well, now I’m curious as hell. Just tell me.”

Calvin put on his righthand turn signal and pulled over so he could concentrate. “How did you know when it was the right time to tell Mom how special you are.”

With Big Brother watching and listening, none of the Lightfoots ever said the word “shifter” over the phone or in any form of electronic communication. They just called themselves special or exceptional to get their point across to those in the know.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.