Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One - Cover

Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 4

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Riley Flowers moves to Wolf Junction, Nebraska, and is intensely drawn to shy, sexy Calvin Lightfoot. Calvin's been burned by lost love before, and he's not willing to chance it again--until Riley enters his life. He wants her for his own, but will she be able to accept the shifter side of him and come to love the man within? *spicy heat level, violence, adult situations*

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Mystery   Paranormal   Were animal   Interracial   Violence  

Two days later, Riley drove up to Lightfoot Farm. She wanted to buy a yearling steer to raise for meat and she’d heard that the Lightfoots sold quality beef steers. It was the perfect excuse to see Calvin again.

As flurries floated lazily on the faint, chilly breeze, Riley followed the gravel driveway that wound through the Lightfoot property. To the right, cows grazed on hay that had been thrown into the pasture for them since there wasn’t much green grass for them to eat.

A big gray two-story house with white trim and shutters stood at the end of the drive. A line of three white barns had been built off to the right of the house. A couple of bunkhouses occupied space to the left of the drive. Several cars and trucks were parked at various locations.

Riley parked behind a blue pickup truck and got out. An Australian shepherd came running from the direction of the barns. It barked, announcing her arrival to the rest of the farm. Riley stood still and talked quietly to the dog as it sniffed her legs. It seemed to realize that she was friendly and allowed Riley to pet it.

“Can I help you?”

Riley looked up to see a tall, broad-shouldered man striding toward her. His gray eyes assessed her with a little suspicion even though he smiled. He had a dimple in his right cheek and a strong jaw. Riley thought he was handsome, but she preferred Calvin’s dark good looks.

“I’m Riley Flowers and I came to buy a steer.”

His smile broadened as he looked her over. “So, you’re the one who bought Shannon’s. Mom sure was right about you being pretty. I’m Adam Lightfoot.”

Riley laughed at his flirting. “Thanks. Delia’s a very nice woman. It’s good to meet you. Now, about that steer?”

“Come with me,” Adam said. “What breed are you interested in?”

Riley kept an eye out for Calvin as she followed Adam to toward the barn. “A good beef producer.”

“We have some really nice Angus steers right now.”

“Sounds good,” Riley said. “Do you use hormones or antibiotics?”

Adam shook his head. “Never have, never will.”

“Good.”

He led her between two of the barns to a large pasture where big black cattle grazed and milled about. A few curious steers came over to the barbed wire fence when she and Adam approached it. Looking over the steers, Riley found them impressive. They were filled out nicely without being fatty and their coats gleamed with good health.

“You’ve got quite the nice herd here,” she commented. “How much are you asking?”

“Seven hundred and worth every penny. You won’t find a more tender steak than you’ll get from these beauties.”

Riley liked his confidence in his product. “I can see they’re quality animals. How soon can you deliver?”

“Tomorrow, if you’d like,” Adam said.

“Great. That suits me just fine. Just pick one out for me.”

“I’ll do that.” Adam gestured for her to follow him again. “Come to the house with me. I’ll pass you off to Calvin. He’s the finance man around here. You can pay him, and he’ll get you a receipt.”

Adam noted the way her eyes widened a little at Calvin’s name and he barely suppressed a smile.

“Okay. Sounds good.”

Adam took her around the side of the house to a door marked “Office”. He opened the door and motioned her inside ahead of him. Riley stepped into the office and a jolt of awareness ran through her when she saw Calvin seated at a desk.

“Look who came to buy a steer,” Adam said, grinning.

Calvin frowned at him slightly and then smiled wryly at Riley as he stood up. “Hi. I’m surprised to see you after the other day.”

“It really wasn’t a big deal,” Riley assured him.

Pheromones permeated the office and Adam knew he wasn’t the cause of them. With a knowing grin, he said, “I’ll leave you in Calvin’s capable hands. It was good to meet you, Riley.”

“Likewise, Adam.” Riley wondered if her attraction to Calvin that obvious. She decided that she didn’t care. She always went after what she wanted, and she wanted to get to know Calvin better.

Adam left them and they stared at each other for a few moments. Then Calvin cleared his throat and motioned toward a chair. “Have a seat.”

“Thank you.” Riley took one of the wooden chairs with arms in front of the desk.

Calvin sat down and turned to a black desktop computer. “Which one of the steers are you buying?”

“One of the black Angus. They’re excellent animals,” Riley said.

Calvin clicked with a mouse a couple of times. “We only raise quality stock. What tag number?”

“I don’t know. Adam’s just going to pick one for me.”

Calvin sighed. Adam was a brilliant rancher, but he wasn’t a stickler for record keeping. “Okay.” He picked up his phone and texted Adam.

Calvin: Hey, dumbass. What tag number for Riley?

Adam: #102. She’s hot & hot 4 U.

Calvin: Shut up. Not interested.

Adam: Bullshit.

Calvin didn’t respond. He laid his phone aside, brought up the Angus steer records, and typed SOLD into the spreadsheet column next to steer #102.

“So, do you always work in the office?”

Calvin met her gaze and thought she had the most incredible blue eyes he’d ever seen. They reminded him of sapphires, and he could easily get lost in them. “I work outside in the mornings and then do the accounting and other office stuff in the afternoons.”

Riley caught her bottom lip in her teeth and once again Calvin had that odd desire to feel her bite him.

The suggestive smile she shot him sparked his libido. “Good to know.” She leaned forward and planted her elbows on the desk. “I might just have to call you here one afternoon.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.