Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One - Cover

Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Riley Flowers moves to Wolf Junction, Nebraska, and is intensely drawn to shy, sexy Calvin Lightfoot. Calvin's been burned by lost love before, and he's not willing to chance it again--until Riley enters his life. He wants her for his own, but will she be able to accept the shifter side of him and come to love the man within? *spicy heat level, violence, adult situations*

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Mystery   Paranormal   Were animal   Interracial   Violence  

Riley Flowers walked through her new business venture fifteen minutes before the grand opening, making sure that everything was ready. She sipped coffee from a huge travel mug that she’d most likely kill before noon. Some people got jittery and suffered from lack of sleep if they drank as much coffee as her, but Riley thrived on the brew.

Coming back up to the sales counter, Riley set her coffee down and took a calming breath as she looked through the large, glass double doors. Several vehicles pulled into the parking lot, and she tried not to become too excited. People often came to grand openings out of curiosity and for whatever freebies were offered, but most of them didn’t turn out to be repeat customers.

Still, she’d be grateful for each person who showed up because they were walking, talking advertisements. Many of them would mention their visit to at least one other person, who would also pass it on. This was the most crucial day of her life, even more important than her wedding three years ago. This was the start of a new life far away from her old one and she was going to be happy and successful if it killed her.

At five to seven, she stepped over to the doors and unlocked them. Opening the righthand one, she put a big smile on her face and motioned the people approaching the doors inside.

“Good morning, folks! It’s good to see you. Come on in. Welcome to the Bits and Buckets Depot,” she called out. “I have fresh coffee and donuts for everyone.”

She held the door open for the eleven people who filed through it. Most of them smiled and greeted her before they started looking around. A couple of guys made a beeline for the refreshments arranged on a long counter against the back wall while a woman who was obviously a rancher started looking at her selection of bridles.

A middle-aged woman with thick blonde hair pulled into a ponytail approached her. “Hi, I’m Delia Lightfoot.”

Riley took the hand she held out to her. “Riley Flowers. It’s great to meet you, Delia.”

“Same here,” Delia said. “Congratulations on your new business.”

“Thanks. Would you like some coffee and donuts?” Riley asked.

“No, thanks, hon. We already ate,” Delia replied. “I’d like you to meet my son, Calvin. He’s the town treasurer.”

Riley looked where Delia indicated. A man stood with his back to her, looking at a long shelving unit of grooming supplies. Faded jeans showed off a very fine male behind and long legs. His black-and-red checkered flannel jacket hung on a frame that looked strong yet not brawny.

“Calvin! Get your ass over here.”

Riley’s eyebrows rose in surprise at Delia’s authoritative tone. Her gaze shifted back to the man who was apparently Calvin. His shoulders tensed a little, but he didn’t pay Delia any heed otherwise. He continued perusing the brushes and hoof picks and Riley had the distinct impression that he was hiding.

“Calvin.” Delia’s voice held warning.

Calvin put down the curry brush he’d just picked up. Squaring his shoulders as though bracing himself, he turned towards them and walked over with stiff, deliberate steps. His strange gait made Riley wonder if he’d recently suffered an injury.

“Calvin, this is Riley Flowers,” Delia said. “Riley, my son, Calvin.”

Calvin flicked an annoyed glance at Delia. “I know who she is.”

Calvin’s short, coal-black hair peeked out from under his scruffy black leather cowboy hat. His Native American heritage was evident in his deep brown eyes, slightly aquiline nose, and chiseled cheekbones.

His eyes met Riley’s. “Pleased to meet you, ma’am.”

Her attention became riveted on his mouth when the right side lifted in a half-smile. He had the most beautiful male lips she’d ever seen, and she could imagine kissing them for hours. Riley also noted that he stood around five-feet-eleven and admired his physique.

Calvin wasn’t musclebound, but his shoulders and chest filled out his jacket nicely, indicating that his lean frame held power. As her eyes ran down over his arms, her gaze settled on his hands, which were as beautiful as his mouth. He held one out to her.

“Likewise, Calvin.” She enjoyed the feel of his warm, rough palm for the few brief moments they shook hands. “I’m glad you came to the grand opening.”

Calvin shot a hard look at Delia. “She made me.” He seemed as surprised at his blurted comment as Riley. “That came out wrong. I meant that I was sort of in the middle something at home when Mom decided to come.”

Delia said, “Quit your whining and enjoy yourself.” Her smile turned sly. “Seems like the view in here is nice.”

Calvin’s jaw tightened and Riley blushed slightly at Delia’s pointed statement.

Jabbing a thumb over his shoulder, Calvin said, “I’m going to check out the grooming stuff. I’ll be over there.”

Delia’s blue eyes sparkled with humor as he strode away from them. “Don’t take it personally, Riley. Calvin’s a little shy around the ladies,” she said in a lowered voice.

Riley chuckled. “Oh, he’s one of those, then.”

“One of those?” Delia queried.

“The kind of guy who doesn’t know he’s good-looking.”

Calvin jerked a little, but Riley was sure that he was too far away to hear her quiet murmur to Delia.

“That’s an understatement,” Delia said.

Calvin walked toward the back of the store as though trying to get away from them and Riley frowned. She’d never had someone act so uncomfortable around her before. However, she had work to do and couldn’t dwell on it. Shrugging off her concern, she excused herself and went to help a couple who had questions about lunge lines.

Calvin was impressed by the wide selection of merchandise and how well Riley had organized the place. He liked that, although the wide-planked wooden floors were new, she’d kept the rustic, pine interior of the place. Looking overhead, he saw that skylights had been installed, allowing plenty of natural light into the Depot. They would help keep the electrical costs down.

As he checked out which brands of horse coat conditioners and liniments Riley stocked, Calvin’s irritation with Delia ebbed. He knew she meant well, but he was tired of her throwing him at every available female.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.