Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One - Cover

Silver Bell Shifter: Wolf Junction Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 12

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Riley Flowers moves to Wolf Junction, Nebraska, and is intensely drawn to shy, sexy Calvin Lightfoot. Calvin's been burned by lost love before, and he's not willing to chance it again--until Riley enters his life. He wants her for his own, but will she be able to accept the shifter side of him and come to love the man within? *spicy heat level, violence, adult situations*

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Mystery   Paranormal   Were animal   Interracial   Violence  

Riley looked around her computer to see Abe sitting in the open doorway of her office. His ears twitched in various directions and his brindle and white pit bull body was tense. For three days Abe had accompanied her wherever she went, constantly on guard. People stayed out of the way of the hundred and twenty-pound, ferocious looking dog, which made Riley feel safe.

Abe had explained that, just as Calvin’s stallion was faster and stronger than normal horses, so were all of the family’s animals. Therefore, his strength was twice that of a regular dog. Looking at his muscular form, Riley could believe it.

She took a drink of coffee and Abe’s head swiveled around, his dark eyes meeting hers.

“You have to be so bored,” she said.

Abe padded over to her, wagging his tail. The way he parted his mouth made Riley think that he was smiling. His ears perked up and he rushed over to the doorway as Nate appeared in it. Abe wagged his tail so hard that his rear end wiggled.

Nate patted his head and scratched his ears. “You being good for your mommy?”

Abe panted and then moved away, going to lie down in front of Riley’s desk.

“Did you need me, Nate?” Riley asked.

“I was just wondering if you wanted some lunch. We’re going to order from Guido’s.”

Abe licked his chops in a way that conveyed he was hungry, making Riley smile.

“Get me two cheeseburger baskets, please.”

Nate gestured at Abe. “You’re going to feed him that?”

Riley shrugged. “He doesn’t get that all the time. Once in a while won’t kill him.”

Nate ruffled Abe’s ears. “Lucky dog. I’ll go place the order and let you know when it’s here.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Abe followed Nick to the door, looked around and then plonked his rump down, back on guard.

Riley shook her head and went back to work. Fifteen minutes later, Calvin arrived, surprising them.

“I thought you were still laying low at home,” Riley said as he kissed her cheek.

He sat on the corner of the desk. “I was going stir crazy and needed to get out a little. Besides, it’s been a few days, and nothing has happened.”

Riley’s pulse jumped at his nearness and the smile on his handsome face. “There’s still been no trouble out at your place?”

Calvin’s gaze slid down over her. “No. None. It makes me a little nervous, but Dad thinks whoever it was is afraid to try something again right away.”

The door closed and they turned to see Abe start to shift. Riley turned her chair around so she couldn’t see Abe’s naked body.

“We’ve done a thorough sweep,” he told them. “Checked out all the hotels, empty houses—you name it. We’ll keep a watch out, but it seems like they left.”

Calvin rested a hand on Riley’s shoulder. “Since that’s the case, will you go out with me tonight?”

A slow smile spread across Riley’s face and Calvin thought that he’d never seen such a beautiful woman. “I’d love to.”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at eight. Abe will stay with you until then.”

Abe said, “Yeah. I’ll finish out the day.”

“Okay, but I think after today that I should be fine,” Riley stated. “You can’t keep guarding me twenty-four-seven.”

“If we thought there was still any danger, we’d keep guarding you as long as necessary,” Calvin said. “But it seems like everything is okay.”

It was slightly different than when Calvin shifted, but there was no mistaking the sound of bones cracking. Abe was shifting, and Riley winced a little, wondering if she’d ever get used to the sounds of the process.

Calvin gave her a teasing smile and she punched his thigh. He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her cheek. “I’ll see you tonight.”

Riley grabbed the collar of his plaid jacket and pulled him closer so she could give him a quick kiss. “Have a good day.”

“You, too.” Calvin gave her a last smile, clapped Abe’s doggy shoulder, and left.

Riley enjoyed watching him go, admiring the way his ass looked in his jeans. Heavy panting filled the room and Riley looked at Abe, who was obviously laughing at her. “Shut up,” she said.

Abe just panted harder. She was saved from further teasing by Nate, who came bearing their lunch.


The holiday season seemed to come at Riley and Calvin in a happy rush. They spent as much time with each other as possible and she celebrated Thanksgiving with the Lightfoot family. By the time it was over, she was hoarse from laughing and her stomach hurt. Story after story about the crazy things the kids had done over the years were told.

Trent especially delighted in embarrassing the younger Lightfoots and Calvin was often the butt of jokes, which he took good-naturedly. Riley was amazed that he was able to laugh at himself that way, but he often turned it around on someone else, who’d done something almost as stupid.

Calvin was easy to talk to, romantic, and funny. He was also virile and damn good in bed. Riley had never been so turned on by a man before and couldn’t explain what it was about Calvin that affected her so much. Although in different ways, Calvin’s brothers were just as handsome, yet not one of them interested her one iota in a romantic way.

Her clumsy cowboy wasn’t so awkward on a horse, and they went riding together a lot. Riley had been impressed with how well trained the Lightfoot horses were, almost as though they spoke the same language. Then she supposed that they might, at least in Calvin and JJ’s cases.

The couple went out on dates, but they also did other fun things together. Calvin attempted to teach her how to rope and she’d been surprised at how good he was at it. It seemed that as long as he was sitting on a horse or in his stallion’s form, his clumsiness disappeared.

He took her to the Crushed Nut, and she’d even coaxed him into slow dancing with her. Having him hold her in his arms as they swayed back and forth to the music had been wonderful even if his movements had been stiff and unsure. Pete had commented to her in private that he was sure that she was Calvin’s shift-mate because no woman, not even Jenny, had succeeded in getting him out on the dance floor.

The idea of being Calvin’s shift-mate had been so absurd at first, but the more she was with Calvin, the more she suspected that it was true. It explained the attraction between them that was as powerful as a giant industrial magnet. Riley also adored his family and was getting to know all of their preferred animals. She was also growing used to catching glimpses of them naked, which was sometimes unavoidable.

Calvin was the most thoughtful man she’d ever been with. He was always giving her little gifts, including a silver Christmas bell. He’d been going to give it to her for Christmas, but he couldn’t wait that long. The clapper was shaped like a running horse, and he told her that every time she rang it, she’d think of him. She’d kissed him and told him that he was her silver bell shifter and exclaimed over how beautiful it was.

It now sat on a stand in her living room by her small Christmas tree where it caught the rays of the twinkle lights on the tree. She rang it every day when she came home, smiling at the pretty sound it made and the sight of the little horse swinging back and forth. She would always treasure the bell.

As the Christmas season came upon them, Riley had never been happier and had begun to dream of a future with Calvin. She kept those thoughts to herself, though, not sure if Calvin felt the same way. It was better to be a little patient and see how things went before revealing those feelings.


Riley lay in bed reading late on Tuesday of the second week in December. Calvin hadn’t been able to come over that night, saying he had some business things to take care of. Close to eleven, she thought she heard some kind of bells. She stopped reading for a moment to listen but didn’t hear anything. Thinking that her mind was playing tricks on her, she went back to reading.

The sound came again, much louder this time and there was no mistaking what they were.

“Sleigh bells?” she wondered, getting out of bed.

Going to the window, she looked out, but saw nothing below except her snowy lawn. The jingle was accompanied by a strident stallion scream she knew well. Laughing, she threw on a pair of jeans and a heavy sweatshirt and hurried downstairs. Grinning as she shoved her feet into a pair of hiking boots, she wondered what he was doing there. Snagging her coat from the rack near the door, she ran outside without putting it on. She came to a skidding halt at the sight before her.

Calvin stood tricked out in a white harness covered with jingle bells and hitched to a gorgeous red and gold sleigh. He was magnificent as he stood with his neck arched and his tail raised a little. His left front hoof pawed the ground and he neighed impatiently.

Riley laughed as she put on her coat. “Look at you! Oh, my God.” Going to him, she stroked his face and kissed his nose. “You look incredible. I can’t believe it.”

Calvin nickered and nuzzled her, his horsey kiss that she adored. He rubbed his head against her and then looked back at the sleigh.

“You’re taking me for a sleigh ride?”

He bobbed his head yes.

Riley clapped her hands together in glee and hugged his neck for a moment. “You’re too much.”

He gave a soft neigh that resembled a laugh and she released him. Running back to the sleigh, she climbed in and situated herself on the seat. A folded up heavy wool blanket lay on the seat. Riley arranged it over her lap. “Okay, my faithful, sexy steed! Ha!”

Calvin gave another laugh and backed around in the driveway. Then he set off down her snow-covered lane. It had snowed the night before and although the plow had gone through a couple of times, the road was still covered with hard-packed snow from vehicles traveling back and forth.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.