Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 51: Dogmatic Persuasion

The one sided exchange was two days long. When it ended, Yurnal left got up, briefly look at his son and Mernug before concentrating his gaze at Supreme Ruler Ar Yen and then leaving.

Another two days later, Elijah got up from his crossed legged sitting position and met with Supreme Ruler Ar Yen.

Yimin and Mernug were in an unconscious state, compelled by Supreme Ruler Ar Yen’s soul technique, which only affected the latter because it was enforced on him by direct contact.

“Well, was it worth it?” Supreme Ruler Ar Yen, looking hopeful.

“Not that soon. In the near future today’s actions would bear their fruits”. Elijah said languorously, still slightly under the effect of submerging in the profound insights he received and brief meditation that followed.

“Yurnal not once asked for your insights”. Supreme Ruler Ar Yen mentioned in a passing.

“I understand him”. Elijah asserted. “Someday I’ll repay him for this”.

“That would be a future we both need to aspire toward to together”. Supreme Ruler Ar Yen agreed.

Elijah exhaled and bloody vapor escaped his mouth. His countenance regained its full pale lucidity. “Before then, in the meantime, let’s move on to the next target ... Mes”.

...

A purple scales and golden eyes snake slithered like a purple bolt of lightning through the tunnels and caves of Valgarel.

Mes, the Thousand Meters Viper, toppled trees, flattened Wild beasts and shattered boulders as it fled in distress. ‘Luckily! Luckily! Luckily Martial brother Zax insisted that I’m a troublemaker and shouldn’t refuse his Eruptive Dark Snapper!’ He was tempted to look back, but decided against anything that will distract him. ‘But these fellows were too crafty ... they broke my communicator the moment they appeared! If I didn’t keep the Eruptive Dark Snapper in my venom gland, I’d not had the chance to use it’. His heartbeat thumped rapidly. ‘But I can’t believe it, if Martial brother Zax didn’t warn me in advance, I would have thought he really he really came and attacked!’

Everything happened so fast, even a first level Martial Mortal like Mes had difficulties comprehending the chain of events that just passed.

...

Barely a minute ago he was busy, minding his own business, attempting to shine light on his newfound understanding of the electric attribute, when out of nowhere and faster than he could perceive several things he had zero control on took place.

First a minuscule bang indicated the destruction of his communicator, and then everything turned black, followed by his instinctive defense mechanism acting, automatically flaring his venom glands and consequently activating the Eruptive Dark Snapper Zax gave him first time he ventured on his own in Ercas Mir.

The Eruptive Dark Snapper was actually a natural resource with a unique affinity to dark attribute energy, which Zax found and modified a bit. Initially it was only useful to track dark attribute’s essence in a two kilometers radius of it, but what Zax discovered was that if worldly dark attribute energy was imbued in it, it could discharge mock fluctuations with the same intensity and signature as those of the person who charged it.

Zax was not specifically looking for this odd, castanets shaped stones, therefore he only had in his collection six. Two he experimented on, one he gave Mes, another to his eldest Martial sister, Hagen; the fifth to his Master and sixth to Anet.

Afterwards, Zax disregarded the existence of the Eruptive Dark Snapper, rather than searching for more so he could give others. The reason for his neglect was the prerequisite for proper use of the snappers. First of all, when used to discharge fluctuations, they can only work for three to four times before crumbling – it varies depending on the intensity of the fluctuations imbued. Second, they could only function as a radar for dark attribute’s essence or a deterrent tool. Third and most important, utilization of their second function had to be swift, otherwise they would either fail to deceive the enemy or their owner would be taken down before being able to use them.

Mes, Hagen and Kartion had their own methods for prompt activation of the snappers, in addition to sufficient level of cultivation to further heighten their perception.

Anet absorbed the Pure Core of the deceased Four Wings Stork Overlord. Her cultivation was only slightly inferior to Mes, due to being much younger. She developed her own techniques that could permit her a timely activation of her snapper.

...

“Oh, no!” Mes bellowed, yet before the sound of his voice faded he crashed on the ground, unconscious.

The hand that grabbed the tip of his tail, let loose and instead, a windy attribute mantel spread from the palm and enveloped the long Thousand Meters Viper. A second later, the culprit, Supreme Ruler Ar Yen, disappeared along with Mes.

...

“Wake him up”. Elijah requested. Staring at the fainted viper, he could smell the stench of his and Supreme Ruler Ar Yen’s sweat still lingering on their backs.

The surprise the Eruptive Dark Snapper gave them nearly caused them a heart attack. They were both familiar with the signature of Zax’s dark attribute energy from past events, but not with its current intensity.

A flood of thoughts filled their head when they sensed the mock fluctuation and thought Zax actually showed up. To fight, escape or explain were the main ideas that came to mind and to each branched a series of different approaches.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.