Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 44: They Are Here

BOOM!

Archbishop Silternjan saw stars dancing around his head and smelled a burnt scent below his nose.

BOOM!

Cardinal Northstar rushed to display a sincere bow, shrewdly evading the charged ball of lightning that flew out of the room and exploded next to Stelero Mars.

“Exuberant as always, Your Highness”, Cardinal Northstar praised, beads of sweat dripping from the tip of his nose. If he will have to defend himself from another of her outbursts, that would be considered an insult to her royal stature, but if not, he could get seriously hurt like the unfortunate Archbishop Silternjan. Hence, he cleverly chose his words and actions, as well as muttered a silent prayer to The Almighty.

Sister Iaura, or more specifically, Princess Of Veiher was merely at the Peak of the Core Master realm, but her insights of the electric attribute bordered the Mortal Enlightenment state. Of the three personalities, it was the most seldom for her to gain control of the body. The other two always suppress her for her faith was not with The Almighty, and yet, the result was that she alone, of the three personalities, figured how to activate the functions of her unique constitution, thus being a hairline from comprehending her fifth of the six bottlenecks of insight.

Archbishop Silternjan coughed and sucked in quickly the blood before it escaped his lips, so as to not show an unsightly conduct in front of the Princess Of Veiher and not to entertain her. He pulled his scorched beard, or what little left of it, trimming it to a pointy goatee.

“Please forgive this old man’s untidy appearance, Your Highness”. He mimicked Cardinal Northstar’s pose, which had yet to lift his head up.

“Asking for my forgiveness?” The Princess Of Veiher raised her brows and canceled the next purple ball of electric attribute energy. “Does it mean that you care for my opinion, unlike that stubborn cowardly Mars?”

Outside the room, Stelero Mars’s ears attentively eavesdropped, while a stride past the doorstep, Archbishop Silternjan and Cardinal Northstar’s brows twitched.

Should they say “Yes”, they would indirectly recognize the degrading epithet the Princess Of Veiher labeled Stelero Mars with, but if they will say “No”, no better fate would await them.

“Your Highness”, Sister Beatriz intervened and all three men blessed her in their hearts. “Will you please take a stroll with me? A lot of the passengers are still having difficulties adapting to the Grand Abode’s regulations, especially the children. When we departed, your two other personalities served as pillar of support for both the young and the adult. Perhaps Your Highness’s benevolence can also help them?”

The Princess Of Veiher sneered, but ultimately did not refuse. Not for the fun of it did Cardinal Northstar say she is a good girl.

“Cowardly Mar, tell these old nasties my opinion that they are too scared to answer whether they care about or not. Maybe their response would anger me more than yours and I’ll start beating them instead”. She landed on the floor and marched out with Sister Beatriz closely following.

Only when a door shut at the other side of the floor and her footsteps could not be heard, did Archbishop Silternjan and Cardinal Northstar sourly straighten their backs.

“Your Young Eminence?” Cardinal Northstar searched for him.

“Come out. The Princess Of Veiher don’t want me in her chambers. I can’t see through most of her techniques and don’t want to discover if she left me a surprise inside. You two should probably not try to venture another step, either. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I would have retracted my exact steps”.

“Your Young Eminence, would you please elaborate for us the cause of Her Highness’s anger?” Archbishop Silternjan requested.

“She is dissatisfied with His Holiness and our compliance to his directives”. Stelero Mars said and without paused proceeded to narrate. “The Almighty had shown his magnanimous to His Holiness, the decree Sister Iaura received was prayed for by him to be given to us, due to the Galactic Communicator’s loss”.

“The decree was dictated by His Holiness?!” Archbishop Silternjan and Cardinal Northstar exchanged looks with pale complexion.

Their failure to apprehend a brewing disaster, Zax, landed the only Galactic Communicator of the church in the hands of Sinister Chain, who then compelled the termination of all communication with the Holy Palace. Because of it, His Holiness was forced to beseech The Almighty to work as the middleman ... What description is adequate enough to describe this abhorrent crime?

“That’s what the Princess Of Veiher is claiming. Apart from her, only Sister Iaura personalities can attest for the truth...”

“Something major is impending”. Archbishop Silternjan said out of the blue.

“I think so, too”. Stelero Mars nodded.

“His Holiness will not condemn us”. Cardinal Northstar assessed. “Her Highness should also be able to see this point, as well as understand our obligation to comply. She is not an unreasonable person, so why is she still angry at us?”

Stelero Mars knit his brows. “Because she is pitying the aboriginal of New Earth and those of Ercas Mir you lot have discarded. Her soft heart formed attachments through Sister Iaura’s memories. She doesn’t care that the amount of spacecrafts the five powers have cannot hold the capacity of all humans, beasts and Deformed Beings”. He turned his back, to leave after her. “To the Princess Of Veiher, the man she values cannot be spineless and in times of need should valiantly confront Immortals as a mortal”.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.