Emperor's Bodyguard - Cover

Emperor's Bodyguard

Copyright© 2020 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 12: A Wedding

The whole planet seemed more relaxed and alive with plans. It was a week before Michelle disappeared on Dancer and Huntress’s arms for her bridal shower. Even Striker had been invited, along with a few hundred other women. Tinker wanted to throw me a bachelor party but I had shot that down and spent the day in a garage with Albert and Samuel.

My mother had arrived just in time to shuttle down to Michelle’s party before even stopping to see me. I retired early to my quarters in the Dragon wing attached to the Duchy. I came awake and was reaching for my weapon as the door slid open. Michelle slipped in and undressed before moving onto the bed, “That was fun.”

I smiled and let my pistol go before pulling her against me, “Not for me.”

She laughed, “Dragons are so naughty. I think mom had a red face the whole time.”

I shook my head, “I did not need to hear that.”

Michelle sighed and put her head on my shoulder, “Mom and Molly are putting guards on me until the wedding is over. Molly said to tell you, you have to wear your formal uniform and not the Dragon dress up.”

I sighed and caressed her, “She is getting even for me making her wear a white wedding dress.”

Michelle laughed, “Silvia is going to make Tinker wear his formal uniform too.”

The next three weeks were filled with planning. Even Albert managed to slip away. Of course Blade went with him even if he would not say where they had gone. Molly pulled Michelle away and had her sleeping with Constance. I was really out of the loop and saw her only once or twice a day and that was with a hundred people around us.

Tents sprang up a week before the wedding and people began to arrive. My mother had a standing appointment with me every afternoon for tea. (I think she did it to watch me squirm). The night before the wedding was a large dinner. Michelle was there, Dancer and Huntress sat with her at the other end of the table.

Everyone seemed to take delight in making this difficult. One sip of my water had me looking around. I quietly switched it with Albert’s only to spit it out. He grinned and I sighed, “If you are going to get me drunk at least use the good stuff.”

Everyone that heard that laughed and Tinker leaned back, “Boss?”

I looked at him and my hand shot up to catch the thrown flask, it was not a small one either. I nodded and opened it and took a sniff before taking a drink. I closed it and nodded to Tinker, “Much better.”

After that one dragon or another stood to tell a tale about me. Finally Albert stood and everyone quieted as he cleared his throat, “I met Jason when he was as wet behind the ears as I was. I would like to say he did something I could laugh at but he did not, at least not at first. It was not that he stood between me and danger as he has done many, many times. He stood before his comrades then and for the first time in my privileged life I saw a man stand against what should have been his death. He knew we were doomed, just as I did but he did not show it. Even after the unexpected rescue came he continued to protect those of us no longer able to do it for ourselves.”

He looked at me, “For those that do not know. He is also the only man to ever take an emperor by the throat after tossing his guards aside.”

Albert grinned as he faced the room, “My father was surprised and never raised his voice to me after that, at least not with him present.”

The room laughed and Albert smiled before looking at me and raising his glass, “To First Platoon of Able Company, 1st Regiment of the Third Battle Brigade. May their names never be forgotten.”

I stood and held out my glass, “To the fallen.”

He nodded as the room surged to its feet. After drinking the toast, I put my glass down and looked out over my friends and companions. I nodded and turned to walk to Michelle, “Walk with me Kitten.”

Mom and Molly both cleared their throat and I ignored them, “Walk with me.”

Michelle smiled and stood to take my hand. As we walked, I just held her hand and finally I stopped and looked at her, “Are you sure this is what you want?”

She smiled, “Getting cold feet?”

I caressed her face, “No. The moment we are wed my life as a Dragon is over. I love you Kitten but I am older than you...”

Michelle touched my lips, “You and I both know that does not matter and as for not being a Dragon that will not change. Being a Dragon is not what you did or do, it is what you are. Marrying me will not change that and I do not expect it too. You are retired Jason but you will always be what you are. Now, when we have children you get to be the stay at home dad while I have to govern. Molly said that would not be hard for you to understand.”

I smiled and kissed her fingers, “No.”

Michelle nodded, “Good, now for our honeymoon...”

I laughed and hugged her and she grinned, “How about a trip around the system in your ship?”

I smiled and took her hand, “I will be giving the ship to Tinker and Silvia.”

She grinned, “And George and Brit?”

I started walking again, “And George and Brit.”

Michelle sighed, “I feel like something is ending.”

I looked at her and laughed, “Not quit Kitten, it is just starting.”

She grinned, “By the way, I promised Huntress and Dancer to get a sample for them.”

I smiled, “You have to wait until our honeymoon.”

The sudden appearance of the young man had me reacting automatically. He had just stepped around a corner and I moved in front of Michelle. Just one look had me drawing my pistol as he was fumbling with something under his shirt. He froze and looked at me angrily. Michelle moved a tiny bit, “Elwin?”

I looked at her and she shrugged, “He went to school with me.”

I moved closer and reached under his shirt to remove the weapon. He glared at me, “She should be marrying me!”

Michelle sucked in her breath before stepping around me, “What do you mean marry you? You were always running around with other girls. There is no way I would marry you.”

I gestured to the two Dragons that appeared and they stopped as Elwin licked his lips, “I am the best man on the planet.”

Michelle laughed, “You are a puffed up peacock with no backbone. I would not touch you if you were the last man on the planet.”

He looked at me, “But I am a noble.”

Michelle snorted, “Jason may not have a title but he knows more about being a noble and doing your duty then you ever will.”

Elwin straightened, “I have the right to bring the question before the other Barons in the system.”

I shook my head, “Actually you do not. Your father or mother might but not an heir.”

He glared, “Then I will challenge.”

I laughed and stepped closer to cuff him, “I would kill you. I will tell you what you are going to do though. You will be escorted to the Marine officer recruitment office. You will volunteer for a four year tour. Now you might not want to do that so your other option is to spend the next ten years in a penal detachment and have your nobles patient stripped from you.”

He snarled, “You can not...”

I slapped him, “You used your rank to enter into the inner security of the Emperor while carrying a weapon. I could shoot you now without anything happening.”

He swallowed, “I am loyal to the Emperor.”

I smiled coldly, “That is the only reason I am giving you a choice.”

He looked at Michelle pleadingly and she shook her head, “do not look at me, you did this to yourself.”

He whispered, “But you should be marrying me.”

Michelle shook her head as I gestured to the Dragons who came to take him away. I glanced at Michelle as we started walking, “An admirer you did not know you had?”

She shook her head, “He always thought he was better than he was.”

I smiled and turned into the next hallway leading back to the banquet area, “Now about us and children.”

Michelle snorted and then laughed, “I have to produce an heir within...”

She looked at me as I chuckled, “I know how long you have Kitten.”

She grinned, “I prefer the old fashion way to get pregnant.”

I smiled, “As long as you get a bio scan to make sure the child is going to be healthy.”

Michelle grinned, “I am going to time it so the baby is born around the same time as Huntress’s.”

I grinned, “Did Dancer show you the pictures of Samantha?”

She grinned again, “Yes, she is a pretty girl.”

I nodded as we turned into the dinning hall, “She will be here tomorrow.”

Michelle looked at me, “Dancer said you have never seen her.”

I shook my head as I turned her and the hall fell silent. I opened my tunic and pulled out a flat case. I hesitated before handing it to Michelle, “These were once part of the armor on a royal Clicken warrior. They are grown on the senior royal warriors and only found on Protus and only found in the Prime Hive. These were sent to me by the Clicken Prime Queen in tribute for my skill and bravery. They came from the fallen warriors we killed.”

Michelle opened the case and gasped at the sparkling necklace that lay inside the case. She looked up and I smiled, “I would very much like you to wear it tomorrow.”

She smiled and kissed me and then Dancer and Huntress were both there laughing and pulling her back, “No more until after the wedding.”

I smiled as they pulled Michelle away and turned to bow to the room before leaving. When I walked out the side door the next morning it was to see thousands of people. I stopped in surprise and the Dragon by the door chuckled, “Get used to it boss.”

I glanced at her and shook my head, “Everyone is having way to much fun.”

She grinned and I started for the large raised stage like platform. The marines and fleet units I passed snapped to attention and saluted. Even the nobles and other civilians stood. I was consoled after reaching the platform when I looked back and saw Tinker being treated the same way. Slowly the wedding party arrived and sat below the platform.

Molly, Constance and Samuel were grinning as they took their seats and I looked around for Albert. When the Marine lieutenant climbed the stairs I looked at him and then turned to look around quickly. I hissed at Tinker and he turned before cursing under his breath. I glared at Albert when he stopped beside Tinker, “What are you doing?”

He smiled, “Joining the groom’s party.”

I started to say something when the wedding march started and I turned to see Michelle. I blinked and forgot about almost everything as she was proceeded by Silvia and Brit. Silvia was wearing a formal gown but Brit was wearing her formal marine uniform. As for Michelle, she was wearing a stunning white formal gown that clung to her.

At her throat was the sparkling display of the necklace I had given her. I barely even took note of her father walking beside her and Tinker nudged me, “Breathe.”

I glanced at him and grinned before turning back to watch Michelle approach. I would like to detail the wedding, but to tell the truth I do not remember much accept the part where I put the plain gold wedding band on Michelle’s finger. The huge roar as everyone cheered shocked me awake and I glanced at Albert before turning back to Michelle and taking her hand.

The walk out was almost as uncomfortable as the one in, accept this time everyone was throwing flower petals. The room we walked into was small and private. Michelle grinned and let me help her change into her next gown, one that hugged her figure. I changed into a soft set of civilian clothes and my weapons and took her hand. We left and walked out to the huge tent that held thousands.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.