Emperor's Bodyguard - Cover

Emperor's Bodyguard

Copyright© 2020 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 11: End Game

Almost as soon as the Nelson shut down the comm came to life. I ignored everyone and opened the Dragon comm, “This is Crimson Dragon. I am making an approach to Saras Duchy. Nightshade, I need an escort.”

“On its way Jason.”

My alarms went off and suddenly the Dragon fleet flared with shields, “Shields Tinker!”

I was busy changing course, “Going to emergency reentry Kitten.”

Albert and Molly burst through the back hatch as our shield flared white with plasma fire, “Sit the fuck down Lt!”

The ship shook and groaned as we entered atmosphere in a huge ball of flame. The Dragon channel was chattering as they were suddenly fighting orbital platforms that were coming alive. I was not really to worried about them since both Gold and Silver fleet were engaged.

I opened the Marine Dragon comm, “This is Crimson Dragon. We are coming in hot with a Dragon’s Egg. Recon, clear the pad at Saras Duchy and secure the outer perimeter.”

I dumped power into the anti gravity and shoved it to the max to slow us down. Tinker and Silvia murmured back and forth and Michelle’s hands danced over the secondary controls. The ball of plasma around us disappeared and was replaced with a white glowing shield. I glanced at Michelle, “Man the caltrop.”

I turned the ship as we continued to slow and descend until Tinker sighed, “You are green boss.”

I growled as ten slim fast moving sting ships appeared beside the ship, “About time Griffin. Some of you go clear the way.”

“Got it Jason.”

Five of the sting ships surged ahead and the rest began a dance around the ship. I pulled back on the anti gravity and the ship smoothed out. Tinker cleared his throat, “By the way, Nightshade just gave the all clear. She said it was powered down weapon platforms.”

I nodded as I leveled out at two thousand feet, “We are crossing the outer marker.”

Albert cleared his throat, “Still think its merchants?”

I cursed and opened a private comm to Huntress, “Huntress?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you have a merchant close to the Duke?”

Michelle gasped, “Uncle Peter!”

I glanced at her as Huntress answered, “The Chamberlain, Peter Ellis.”

I nodded, “Secure him and run checks on everything he has touched.”

I looked back at Albert, “Two minutes if you want to put on one of your suits.”

He grinned, “I will wear this since this is just a visit for a family members wedding.”

I grumped as Tinker snickered. I opened the Marine Dragon channel, “Status Recon?”

George’s clear voice came through, “You are green.”

I slowed and dropped to a thousand feet. I glanced at Tinker, “Let George know he only has a minute.”

Michelle jerked, “Contact!”

The sting ships caught it at the same time and two rolled and flipped but Michelle had already fired a long burst. Tinker cursed, “They launched!”

The two sting ships fired and the missile exploded. An explosion ahead of us had my comm come alive, “Crimson Dragon this is Recon six, we have multiple...”

The whole area was suddenly ripped apart and a hundred more sting ships flashed passed us. They were followed by six assault shuttles that lit everything within a hundred kilometer with a battlescan that would have fried any seeking scans. I dropped lower and opened the Dragon channel, “About damn time.”

Nightshade laughed, “Welcome back to the front lines.”

I looked back at Albert, “The boss is not supposed to Be on the front lines Nightshade.”

I turned towards the ground beacon and opened a comm to Huntress, “Status Huntress?”

She was quick to come back, “We have him and two others.”

I sighed and slowed to a stop over the smaller shuttle pad and started lowering the ship. I extended the legs as Tinker killed the countermeasures and Silvia dropped the shield. The ship settled to the ground and I sat back, “Time to end this.”

I slid the seat back as Michelle stood to join me. I turned to look at Blade and Sister Shadow in the hatchway, “Ready?”

They nodded and Sister Shadow cleared her throat, “The platoon is spreading out now and the rest of Gold is moving in.”

I headed out and down to the entry hatch. The marines were already outside waiting and I smiled at the Sergeant, “Your squad is relieved Sergeant.”

He went to attention, “If you ever need us again.”

Michelle grinned, “I will call. You and your squad have my thanks. I will be putting that in writing too.”

He grinned and the squad stood straighter. I moved forward and Albert stepped out with Molly. I headed towards the distant buildings and Michelle reached out to take my hand. I glanced at her, “Nervous?”

She grinned, “Yeah.”

I grinned and squeezed her hand as I heard Molly behind us say something to Albert who laughed. I ignored the platoon of Dragons around us as Nightshade and even more Dragons appeared. Dancer met us as we came through the side door. She grinned, “Still putting on a show.”

I smiled, “Where are your prisoners?”

She fell in with us, “It was like you thought. The merchant Peter Ellis was part of a merchant cartel that wanted to take over the empire and believed we could not do anything without them.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.