Odd Man in College - Cover

Odd Man in College

Copyright© 2014 by Ernest Bywater

Chapter 05

Friday Evening and Night

Nancy arrives with a huge grin, and she’s loaded down with shopping bags. Lyn stands to take most of the bags off her while saying, “I didn’t think you still needed this much in the way of new clothes!”

She grins when she replies, “I don’t, right now. But most of this is for you. Bethany kept a note of your measurements from the other day. I’ve got a new wardrobe and now we have most of yours too.”

“Nancy, where did you get enough to pay for all this?”

“I didn’t! You did. I was in there to get a few things and Bethany was serving me when the manager suggested we create an account. With us having so much business with them having an account will entitle us to some useful discounts, and she offered to apply them to our previous purchases by reducing the price of this purchase. Doreen was there too, and she said it sounded like a good idea. So, with her help I completed the paperwork for you to have an account. Then Doreen rang a Jason somebody who provided the rest of the details; and, voilà, we have an account. You or I sign the slip and they send a bill to Jason for payment after we confirm the account. Neat, isn’t it. Oh, I got your Christmas gift for Doreen too. She’ll wrap it and put it under the tree.”

“And you saw this as an opportunity to replace my clothes?”

“Yes! Now you have me nicely dressed you have to be too. Don’t worry, I’ve not done everything. I only replaced the sweats and stuff with some that look nice. I’m sure you’ll like them when you see them.”

Lyn is slowly shaking his head while they walk up the stairs. A few of the girls go with them to see what Nancy got. One of them, Adele, says, “I didn’t know you can afford to shop at Victoria’s Secret.”

Nancy laughs and says, “I can’t. It’s Lyn’s account I signed on.”

A bit stunned, Adele half asks, “You can sign on Lyn’s account?”

“Yes. I also set it up for Lyn so we can both sign as we need.”

Adele turns to Lyn, “You gave Nancy approval to do this?”

Lyn grins and replies, “No, but I will. She’s my Dorei while I’m her Sensei, so we have shared assets. In case you don’t speak Japanese the titles mean I’m her teacher or master while Nancy is my servant or slave; but she rarely acts like it.” All of them laugh at that, while Nancy has a very wide grin because he also gave her a credit card earlier today.

She does take a moment to think on their relationship as it’s nothing like she’s known before, and it doesn’t match what she expected when she committed to being his slave. Nancy doesn’t really understand it.

They’re soon in the room and Nancy is showing off all of the gear she has for herself while she puts it away. She gets a lot of laughs when she holds up a negligée and says, “This is part of my Christmas present.”

Lyn goes through the bags placed on his side of the bed and he puts away the sweat style pants and tops while putting the old ones on the bed. There’s also a few t-shirts and a couple of coats for hanging up. Once all of the new gear is put away he stuffs the old gear in the bags and writes $5.00 on the bags with a felt pen. He finishes at the same time as Nancy finishes putting the last of her old gear into price marked bags.

They grab their shower gear and hustle the visitors out when they go for a shower. Not much fun tonight since they still have things to do. Back in their room they dress for the night, neat and casual. Lyn packs a shoulder bag with his overnight gear before they grab the bags of old clothes and go out, stopping to leave the old gear for sale while they go.

Nancy asks, while they drive to Stockbridge for dinner with Dave Richards, “Sensei, when will you have sex with me?”

He glances at her before replying, “When you fully commit to me as well.” She goes to speak, and he waves her to silence then he adds, “You said you’d be my slave. But that commitment was an intellectual one. I sense you’ve not yet made that full and final emotional commitment to be with me for the rest of your life. I think a full physical relationship before you make the emotional one will cause a lot of trouble later.”

There’s a few minutes silence while Nancy thinks on that before she says, “I hadn’t thought about it, Sensei, but I think you’re right. I did wonder, because my previous bunkie made me her slave. She was a lot bossier than you are, but she did a lot less for my personal care than you do. Although she was bossy and into BDSM she wasn’t into the giving pain side. However, when some of the others in that scene learned she was leaving they started working to be my bunkie so they can take her place. I didn’t want any of them because they’re into hurting people. I was shocked when you said you wanted a permanent relationship, but I agreed to it because I was so scared of the others. It was only afterwards I started to worry because I’ve never been with a boy.”

“Nancy, I think you need to discuss this with Counsellor Grey. I see us as being a unit now. I was, and I still am, very serious about you being my slave for life. I originally said that to frighten you off because I didn’t want to live in a dorm. But you trumped my ace. Once you said you will be my slave and I accepted you I took that to be us both committing to a lifelong relationship as a master and slave. I may take other slaves or a wife, or I may not. But whatever I decide you have to accept it, while they’ll have to accept you’re part of the relationship as well.”

They travel in silence for several minutes while she thinks on this.

They’re almost to Stockbridge when Lyn adds, “Nancy, your prior bunkie was into domination because she got a sexual pleasure from ordering you and others about. I don’t enjoy being bossy. Also, I don’t mind you having your own thoughts and ideas or doing other things, as long as you don’t disobey me. But I do need to take and have as much control over my environment as possible. So my reasons for control are very different. Thus I go about it in a different way, a way I think you’re having a bit of trouble relating our situation to your past experiences.”

“You may be right, Sensei. I’ll have to raise it in my next counselling session. You’ve already given me a lot to think about, and you explained a lot of it. Now I understand things a lot more.”

Although they’re a little late the meal hasn’t been served. So they all sit down to dinner while it’s still hot. Doreen and John are there too.

Following dinner they get very busy finalising the shift of Dave and Lyn’s gear into the apartment and tidying up the main house to rent it. During this process Lyn takes a moment for a private talk with Doreen on the matters he discussed with Nancy on the way over. He also gets a smile from Doreen when he mentions his time waiting downstairs.

About an hour after dinner Dave and Lyn head off to the car rental agency to collect the van Dave thinks will be a better option for the trip to Tennessee to collect their cousins. They leave just as Doreen organises John and Nancy to do a general clean of the house. The agency isn’t far, so they’re back in plenty of time to help with most of the cleaning.

It’s almost ten at night when they put the last of the bags of rubbish in the bin and rinse out the last of the cleaning gear while Doreen and Dave walk through the house to give it a final inspection. All is in order so they turn off the lights and go into the apartment for a drink.

While chatting over drinks Lyn grins as he asks, “Uncle John, what’s the criminal charge concerned where someone else organises things to be paid out of your bank account without your approval beforehand?”

He looks up from his cup of coffee to say, “There’s a number that can be applied. It all depends on the fine details and circumstances. Why?”

Lyn glances at the ladies, both of whom are blushing before saying, “Earlier today Aunt Doreen and Nancy opened an account at a shop in my name before they made arrangements with my accountant to pay the bills. Then they went crazy shopping in there.”

Both Dave and John laugh before John replies, “Normally that’d be a fraud of some sort or another. But in this case it’s not, because they’re looking after you. So just accept it and get over it. Oh, before I forget, I really like the Christmas present you got for Doreen.”

Lyn is very sarcastic when he says, “I’m glad you like it! Maybe I’ll get to see what I bought on Christmas day.” They all laugh while they pack up for the night. Lyn will sleep here tonight so they can leave early.


Saturday Shifting

Dave and Lyn are up early to beat the morning traffic because they have to travel all the way across Atlanta to head for where Mary-Jo Holt lives just south of Vonore, Monroe County, Tennessee. Dave takes the first stint at the wheel to drive along US 23 before switching to Georgia 138 to get on to Interstate 75 to stay on it until they reach US 411 and turn right, then up 411 until they have to go on to the local streets. It’s about three and a half hours of driving if they don’t have any long breaks.

Twice they stop to change drivers after about an hour of driving each, just to be safe they pick places to get food and refuel when they change. Arriving just before ten in the morning they get out of the van to be greeted by Mary-Jo and her daughters, Joline and Joanne. On entering the house Mary-Jo shares with her Uncle Bubba and others of her dead husband’s family Lyn thinks on the oddities of families and generations.

Joline and Joanne are both two years younger than Lyn, yet Mary-Jo is a first cousin to Lyn’s grandmother, Adele Richards. Adele’s mother was the first born child of a large family while Mary-Jo’s mother was the last born child born eighteen years later. Also, Mary-Jo was the last born of a large family as well while Helen’s mother was an early birth. Thus, Adele Richards, nee Hicks, was born thirty-four years earlier than her first cousin Mary-Jo Holt, nee Baker. On a family tree chart Mary-Jo lines up with Lyn’s grandmother while the two girls line up with his mother, yet they’re two years younger than him. Lyn thinks it’s a real oddity.

Mary-Jo leads them through to the bedrooms where they pick up a few bags and boxes that are stacked and packed ready to go. While they go out to the van Mary-Jo says, “I’ve not yet told Bubba or anyone we’re leaving, as I know he won’t like it. He has plans for the girls I don’t like, nor do the girls. So I want to get it all loaded as fast as we can.”

Dave and Lyn agree with her, so they all work fast to load what they have to take with them. They’re leaving the little furniture they have and are just loading up the clothes and personal property like DVDs, CDs, and a few portable players. They soon have the all of the gear in the back of the van and they’re busy moving the larger electronic gear like the TVs into the rooms of some of the other kids, and they’ve notes on them.

Lyn and Dave are carrying an old television through the front room when they hear some cars pull up. Looking out through the front door they see two pick-up trucks loaded under with kids parked in the drive. The drivers get out while the kids jump down and one of the drivers is Bubba Holt. He’s the brother of Mary-Jo’s husband’s father and the current head of the Holt Clan. Bubba walks over to look inside the van parked in front of his house. It’s clear he’s not happy with what he sees, and more so when he finds the van doors are locked. They leave the room to take the television to where Mary-Jo wants it put. This is the last item and they almost made it out without a confrontation.

While putting the television down Lyn and Dave hear the front door slam against the wall as Bubba charges into the house while shouting out for Mary-Jo. Lyn is not happy when he sees the girls’ faces go white.

Lyn turns to Dave to say, “You go and keep Mary-Jo safe while I take the girls out the back door and around the house to get into the van.”

“Right. Don’t take any chances.” Lyn gives a simple nod yes in reply.

The three youngsters are quiet while they go out and around the house. They reach the van and Lyn is opening it just as another pick-up arrives to park on the opposite side of the road. A very large boy about nineteen years of age gets out and walks toward them.

Joline softly swears and says, “Watch it. That’s Brad Simpson. His dad owns about half the county and both think everyone has to do as they say. Brad is mean and quick to get violent, very violent.”

She goes to say some more, but is interrupted by a loud, “Why aren’t you ready?” from Brad. “You should be dressed pretty to go to the party at my place this afternoon! I came by to check you’re ready.”

Joanne says, “We told you during the week we aren’t going as you have no adult supervision and plan on having a lot of alcohol there.”

“And I told you what you want don’t count. You do as I say!”

Joanne is about to reply when Lyn butts in with, “OK, you two, in the back seat and we’ll be on the road as soon as your mother gets out here.” He turns to Brad, “Sorry, Mate, but we’ve a prior family function to go to, and you know family is more important than private fun.”

Brad replies, “No one’s family activity is more important than my private fun, so they can just hop into my pick-up right now.”

Both girls are now seated in the back of the van so Lyn shuts the van door. Turning to Brad he says, “Well, we’ll have to disagree on that. But the short story is they’re not going with you. You can choose to leave in the cab of your pick-up by walking back to it and driving away or you can leave in it when someone takes it home for you with you lying in the back of it. I don’t care if you go away happy or angry, just go away.”

Simpson screams in rage and charges at Lyn. At the last moment he can Lyn slides to the side and he sticks his foot out to trip up Brad. When Brad staggers past trying to regain his balance Lyn shoves him hard in the back. Brad staggers into Bubba’s pick-up and is winded by the hit.

Mary-Jo, Dave, and Bubba exit the house with Mary-Jo saying, “I’m paid up in board until the end of next month because you always insisted on a month in advance. So you’re not short any money. Also, you now have more room for the rest of the family to spread out in. Our leaving just means you have to buy less food and maybe have a beer or two less each day. Get over it! We’re out of here!” Dave makes a point of keeping between Bubba and Mary-Jo, which means Bubba is constantly hitting him and bouncing when he tries to reach for Mary-Jo.

Lyn opens the van door for Mary-Jo to get in. She does, and he locks it behind her. He opens the front passenger door for Dave to get in, and he stays there until Dave has a hand on the door while in a position to bar Bubba access past him. Lyn walks around the van to get in the driver’s side, and he’s very thankful the van is parked facing toward US 411. Lyn is almost to the driver’s door when Brad screams with rage and charges at Lyn while raising a baseball bat. The girls scream in fear and Dave looks to move toward Brad. But Lyn waves Dave to the van, then he charges at Brad. Lyn kicks him in the balls and Brad collapses.

Bubba is very angry when he shouts at Lyn, “You can’t treat young Simpson like that!”

Lyn is very fed up by this time, so he spins around while saying, “Shut up and get back inside before I do the same to you, and then I’ll shove the baseball bat up your arse.”

Bubba is six feet five inches tall and about six feet across, he’s one big man. But he takes one look at Lyn’s face and he goes white before he turns and heads for the house. Lyn follows, but to the side. He stops by the inward telephone line and he grabs it. Lyn rips the line out of the box before he turns to dash back to the van.

When Lyn jumps in the van Dave is slowly shaking his head while the ladies are stunned. Lyn is quick to start the van and drive off.

Strategic Withdrawal

While they drive down the street Dave asks, “How much time do you think pulling the phone may get us?”

Lyn shrugs, “Probably only the two or three minutes it takes Bubba to get to another phone. But, at this point, any delay is a help.” He thinks for a moment then he starts to work his loose jumper off as he asks, “Has anyone got a ribbon or something I can tie my hair up with?”

Joanne says, “I can take mine off if you really need it.”

She’s right behind Lyn. He has his top off and is now down to a tight t-shirt. “Right! While I drive can you pull my hair together so it’s in a bun at the top of my head then tie it in place with the ribbon?”

Joanne leans forward as she starts to work on Lyn’s hair. She’s quick and is finishing it when they reach US 411. Lyn turns right and heads north to Vonore. Dave says, “You do realise Atlanta is left and south?”

“Gramps, want to bet that before we can get through Madisonville Bubba has spoken to Brad’s old man and he’s called the county sheriff to have him stop us leaving the county.”

“That’s a given. So why north?”

“They know we’re going to Atlanta and that’s to the south. There’s a limited number of roads that go south. The first they’ll put a roadblock on is this one, somewhere south of Madisonville depending on where the deputies are when the alert goes out. We should see all of the deputies flooding south to set up roadblocks. So we go north. Check the map, if I remember it right we go north until we cross the river. Then we can take a Tennessee state road east to North Carolina and turn south after we get out of Tennessee. Sure, it’ll be a longer drive, but I’d rather drive than have a fight with the sheriff and hurt deputies for doing their job.”

“OK. That makes sense. We avoid a fight we can’t win. But why the hair and top changes?”

“Stick my baseball cap on my head with the bill down the back the way the high school kids wear them now. That’ll make it look like I’ve got short hair. I’m sure Bubba thought I was a girl because most people think I look like one in those loose sweats. So Bubba will tell them to look for a Georgia van of this make and colour with an old man, a woman, and three teen girls in it. So you lot now have to organise to sit or lie on the floor in such a way anyone in a passing car can’t see you. So we become a van being driven by a lone teen boy. That way we won’t get stopped by any cops going south from north of us.” The girls and Dave start moving things to slip down to sit on the floor while Lyn is speaking. “You shouldn’t need to stay down long, just about ten miles or so.”

A few minutes later they’re passing the turn off for Tennessee 360 when two sheriff’s deputy’s cars and a Tennessee State Police car go by heading south at speed with lights and sirens on. The state police car slows down and does a U-turn. The state trooper turns the siren off but leaves the lights on while he goes north. Coming up behind Lyn the state trooper gives a burp on the siren. Lyn puts his indicator on, pulls to the side of the road, and stops. He turns the engine off and he gets out with the hire contract, his driver’s license, and the van insurance in his hand.

The state trooper gets out of his car and he directs Lyn to the area between the two vehicles while another state police car pulls up too.

Lyn asks, “Excuse me officer, but why am I being stopped? I know I wasn’t speeding!”

“There’s a priority be on the look out alert for a van of this description with Georgia plates, so I’m checking you out.”

“Oh! Well, you’re going to have a very busy day then.”

The other officer is joining them when the first asks, “Why’s that?”

“This is a rental van and when I collected it the rental lot had about a hundred of the same model and colour on it. I also know the company has a large number of outlets with the same vehicles as well. Add in it’s one of the most common models and colours sold; well, there’s a lot out there for you to pull over.”

The other officer walks up and says, “Tom, I doubt this is the van the sheriff is after because the alert said an older guy called Richards, a woman named Holt, and three girls. This kid doesn’t fit any of that.”

The first officer replies, “True, Bob. But it’s a good excuse to not have to rush half way down the county before they tell us they’ve already got enough. So if I waste a few minutes here on a possible then I can save some trouble coming back from down there.”

Lyn asks, “Did you say you’re looking for a van like this driven by an older guy called Richards?’

The second officer looks up, “Yes, I did! Why the interest?”

“Last night, when I was in the yard collecting this, there was a guy I know in there getting a similar van, he’s in his sixties. I know him as I live in the same street in Stockbridge as him. It was Dave Richards, a retired Marine Colonel.” All true, just not all of the truth.

The first one asks, “You saw Colonel Dave Richards hire a van just like this last night?”

“Yes, I did. As I said, I know him well and I recognised him. He was talking to another person about going off to pick up a cousin Mary-Jo and her daughters.”

Lyn is still standing there holding out the licence and the van papers they haven’t even looked at yet. The first trooper waves him toward the van while saying, “Thanks, kid. Get in your van and get going.” Lyn turns and walks away while the cop continues, “Bob, we better call the Captain to let him know the sheriff seems to be after Colonel Richards. That makes me wonder what’s up, because he won’t be up to anything wrong, except stomping on any fool who tries to thump him first.”

Lyn gets in and drives off while the two state troopers are standing by the first car to speak on the radio with the lead out through the open passenger side window. A few minutes later Lyn is turning right on to Tennessee state road 72. He waits for a few minutes until he sees no houses on either side before he tells them to get up to sit properly. Dave and the girls congratulate Lyn on his quick thinking to avoid the trouble and for how well he dealt with the police.

The rest of the long drive home is very dull. They arrive so late they buy a take-away dinner on their way to the house. On arrival they eat and then they unpack the van. Dave leaves Lyn with the ladies while he returns the van and he pays the charges.

It doesn’t take long for the ladies to get organised in the new house. The biggest delay is rearranging the two bedrooms they set up for the girls. They want to continue sleeping in the same room. So the study desk and computer desk are moved out to be replaced with the bed and cupboards from the other bedroom. They soon have one room with the beds and clothes cupboards, and the other as a double study. They even move in the spare entertainment cabinet and system that had been placed in Lyn’s bedroom, along with two lounge chairs they’d put on the back porch. The room is now a comfortable study and relaxation room for two.

Lyn spends the night in his room in the apartment he now shares with his grandfather.


Sunday

Lyn wakes up just after six in the morning and he has a quick shower before going to the kitchen. He starts cooking a large breakfast for all in the house. When Dave walks into the kitchen at six thirty Lyn sends him to get the women from the main house. They wander into the flat’s kitchen a few minutes later, obviously just having woken up.

They all smile when Lyn places a nice hot breakfast of bacon and eggs with toast before each of them when they sit down at the kitchen table. Joline gives Lyn an odd look when he sits down to eat his food and she asks, “What’s got you smiling this early in the morning?”

He grins back while replying, “Most of my life I’ve been getting up about this time to help Mum and Dad cook breakfast. For several days I’ve been living in the college dorm and eating in the cafeteria. When I got up this morning I realised I had to cook breakfast and I was a bit put out since I’m already used to just walking over to the café and getting it. I also miss having my cuddle buddy keeping me warm at night. Then I realised it hasn’t taken me long to get used to the major changes in my domestic life, and that made me smile at how adaptable I seem to be.”

They all laugh, and Mary-Jo says, “I hope this pair adjust to the new lifestyle that quick.” Getting more laughter from Dave and Lyn.

Dave says, “On changes, the Patrick Henry High School is about ten to twenty minutes walk from here, depending on how fast you walk. I checked, and there are a few nearby businesses looking for staff; mostly for clerical staff, so are some of the county facilities in the area. The few close by places looking for counter or waitress staff have bad reps on wages and the manager’s behaviour. But within twenty minutes drive are a lot of places with good reps looking for less skilled workers. I’ve got a pick-up and a town car, and you can borrow either as needed.”

All three ladies look up and nod agreement. Mary-Jo asks, “I think I best borrow the pick-up this morning because I need to get a big load of groceries to stock up the house. If I can?” Dave simply nods in reply.

Lyn suggests, “Have all your mail go through my accountant too.”

Dave turns and asks, “Why?”

“He’ll see it gets here in a way Bubba can’t track where it goes. The usual postal service system can be tracked by sending a letter with a request for receipt confirmation. If he does that Jason will sign for it and all tracks will end at his office.” They all nod agreement.

Silence reigns for a few minutes while they finish eating. Then they all pitch in to clean up. Just when they finish that the flat door opens and Nancy walks in. She stops in the doorway while she looks out at the road, then she stands there to keep the door open as Doreen and John walk in.

The ladies leave on a major grocery shopping run in Lyn’s SUV after a few minutes where everyone is introduced to those they don’t know yet. The three men take a walk to look over the whole property because Lyn wants to know exactly where the boundaries are.

When they return to the back of the flat from the rear fence line Lyn has a good look at the storm cellar type main entrance to the armoury. The large steel side-opening door fitted at an angle is ugly and there’s not a lot that can be done with it. He turns to Dave while asking, “Gramps, didn’t you have the armoury and flat built by a local fellow?”

“Yes, I did. He lives just up the road if you want a word with him.”

“Yes, please. I want some ideas about that eyesore entrance.”

While Dave walks down the drive Lyn and John open the door and walk down the stairs into the armoury. The large empty space has only a few tables and chairs, along with some shelving attached to two walls. The last time Lyn was in here you could hardly move due to the piles of ammo boxes and special work benches with gunsmith tools attached.

A few minutes later Dave is showing a man in his early forties into the armoury while saying, “Lyn, John, this is Sid. Sid, my son-in-law, John Grey, and my grandson, Lyn Davies. Lyn owns the house now and he wants to talk to you about some changes.”

Sid walks over and shakes hands while saying, “My real name is Joe Farmer. Sid is a nickname from the military because my answer when asked about a small project was always ‘Consider it Done.’ So they cut it to C I D and called me Sid. I was in a construction unit.”

Grinning while shaking his hand Lyn says, “OK, Joe. There’s a few things I’d like changed if they can be done without major issues. The circular stairs in the far corner, how hard is it to make them into regular straight stairs? Also, the exterior door. I hate it, but I want to leave the step over lip to stop ground water, so can it be changed to be a sliding door with a counter weight and a lock operated from both sides?”

Joe grins as he says, “Thanks for picking up on the preferred name,” and he glares at Dave. “The stairs were originally planned and built as for straight stairs, but Dave wanted the circular unit put in after we did the concrete. So I just need to remove the stairs and the extra framing put in to fill the space. Since the original concrete top was done for that it’s easy. For the exterior door; thinking about it what you ask is easier to use and more secure, but to do it now will be a bit expensive. I’ll need to cut out some of the concrete and to pour new stuff for the changed layout.”

“Good. As well as that, how about building a porch over the whole lot and having the section of floor above the door such I can undo some hidden bolts and it lifts up to the side with ease due to counterweights. The special section can be easily hidden by using hardwood boards and having it the general walk area with a room for a large spa to one side.”

“Hmm, let’s go have a close look at it,” is Joe’s response while he leads the way back up the stairs. After a few minutes he adds, “Yep, it can be done! Leave the existing porch as is then have the rails and door go under it. Put the spa into a room of its own on the right with the lifting section being the floor between the two rooms. The old porch is left as an open air area with insect screens while the two new areas are walled in with privacy glass so you can walk between the apartment and the spa with ease and comfort. Since it’s over three feet off the ground I’ll cover the under floor area around the house that isn’t already done. That’ll help hide the cellar entrance as well. I can even set up a section you can slip through to enter the cellar without having to open the floor itself, if you want. Kind of like a secret entrance.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.