Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 3: Discovery - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 3: Discovery

Copyright© 2014 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 9

Dragons Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 9 - Book Three of the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Dragons Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Shemale   High Fantasy   Vampires   non-anthro   Rough   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Slow   Military  

USU'OZEIB 7
VAMPIRE HIGH COVEN
COVEN HIGH GUARD COMMANDER'S OFFICE

"I told you to not expose yourself Vonis!" Yuri barked at the image of her younger brother on the monitor in her office.

"I didn't Yuri." The young man replied confidently.

Yuri nodded. "No you didn't, but your actions also let Isabella know someone is after her." Yuri stated leaning back in her chair.

"You told me not to underestimate her and I didn't. I contracted two Kochab Bounty Hunters to test her." Vonis spoke.

"They were slaughtered Vonis." Yuri spoke.

"They served their purpose sister." Vonis said respectfully. "You and father both have taught me the value of putting fear into the hearts of your enemies. That is what I wanted to do."

Yuri studied her younger brother for a long moment. She hadn't known he even existed little more than a year ago, but when she met him for the first time she found not a pompous fool, but a confident and cerebral young man who measured everything. A young man who was methodic and precise in all that he did and a younger brother who idolized her. It was not something Yuri was used too; the idolization part and it took her three months to realize that he wanted her approval of all that he did more than anything. He had been working for decades to show that he was not a clone of Xerxes, and learning all he could from his older sister was his ticket to that knowledge.

Yuri couldn't help but smile now. "She is on Elear Vonis, and you must take that into account. Bounty Hunters and other scum know well the penalty for doing business on the elf homeworld if they are caught. They would rather be killed before being taken captive by the elves. Do not overestimate what your actions have done."

Vonis nodded. "They did not come cheap, I'll grant you that, but they did serve their purpose. I wanted her to react as she did, so that I may judge her reaction to other things as well."

"What can you tell me about her?" Yuri asked.

"She has not forgotten she is a vampire Yuri." Vonis spoke. "She uses the shadows almost better than I have seen you use them. And she is lethally fast, much more so than I had first thought."

Yuri nodded. "Your actions will make her much more cautious now Vonis." Yuri spoke as her mind thoughtfully went over options in her own head. "The elf Queen Dysea was not with her?"

Vonis shook his head. "A Spartan guard only. If our information is correct, she is the Spartan Captain of the elf Queen. She was skilled, but not radically so." Vonis said. "Should I assume the elf Queen will be similar Yuri?" He asked.

Yuri shook her head quickly. "No. You will prepare for Dysea to be better, because she will be. And now that she has bonded with that dragon, even more so. I will send you the file I complied on her while I was on earth. She may not seem like a threat Vonis, but she is. Dysea is like an Ozeibian Rock Spider. You have seen them here in the northern mountain range yes?"

Vonis nodded with a shudder. "Yes. I saw one take down a full grown Rettla. It was not pretty."

An Ozeibian Rock Spider was considered one of the four deadliest creatures known to exist in the High Coven Empire. No larger than a normal dinner plate, the venom within its body was so toxic that it could bring down prey ten times its size with a single bite. Yuri had seen several vampire troops bitten by this spider during training, and they were all dead within seconds of being bitten.

"Think of Dysea as this spider Vonis." Yuri spoke.

"She is that skilled?"

Yuri met his gaze. "Personally I would consider her more dangerous than Isabella. Not for any glaring physical skill, but because her mind is linked with not only Leonidas, but this dragon as well. She is much more cunning than Isabella, and skill wise I would rank her second only to Leonidas, though we have not seen the young Aricia in action yet since the events on Enurrua."

"I have heard many of the elves and others here on Elear refer to our half sister as Queen Isabella Yuri." Vonis spoke.

Yuri nodded slowly. "There is rumor that she will accept the role Leonidas wants her to assume and become his fourth Queen." She stated. "That is not something we can allow to happen. It would undermine our father in the most mocking of ways, and we don't need to inflame our own internal situation any more than necessary."

"Then the talk I have heard among the troops is true?" Vonis said softly. "We have dissidents within our ranks?"

"Every Empire has dissidents Vonis, and that is something that will never change. It is something you will come to learn as you grow in years and experience." Yuri answered. "How you deal with them is what is important. Right now that faction is miniscule. A few hundred at most, against billions and trillions who agree with and support our father's rule."

"I sincerely hope we crush the life from them when we find them." Vonis spoke.

Yuri laughed at his words and nodded. "We do brother, but that is why father agreed to the Kill Order on Isabella now. If she were to assume a major role within the Lycavorian Union, a role as Queen for instance, it would only spur further unrest and make those dissidents bolder. That is why she must die."

"I have had Jonas make some discrete inquires of those we can trust here, and we have discovered they are about to undertake an investigation of some sort of religious cult in the southern region." Vonis said.

"Religious cult?" Yuri asked. "On Elear? That is odd."

Vonis nodded. "They apparently deem them a threat of some sort, but their investigation is proceeding very quietly right now."

"Are you able to find out anything more on it? Who leads it? Numbers and such. It might give us a means to nurture unrest within the Union." Yuri asked keenly interested in this now.

Vonis nodded. "I have several inquires out right now with our contacts, but as you know ever since Deia's Intelligence purge, many of our major assets are no more. We have to rely on secondary contacts who consider themselves more important than they actually are."

Yuri smirked. "Yes ... that is popping up all over." She said in agreement. "The few deep agents we have left in the Union are laying back and not making any moves or unusual requests to maintain their cover. They will not be used until the time is right."

"I will discover what I can Yuri." Vonis spoke. "But since last year security has gone up across the board here in the Union."

"Do what you can, but remember your main mission is to eliminate Isabella." Yuri said. "Your safe house is secure?"

Vonis nodded with a smile. "Yes. I must say I was surprised. I wasn't aware we were so well established within the Union Yuri."

"Do not become overconfident Vonis." Yuri scolded him. "Yes ... we are well established inside the Union, but it has taken us millennia to achieve that. You must be careful in whatever you do. Now that Leonidas has established this new Intelligence unit, it will be their job to seek out and destroy our networks. We must not do anything to give them pause."

"I will not fail you and father Yuri." Vonis spoke.

"Do not worry about failing us Vonis." Yuri told him quickly. "You must worry about your mission and remember to cover everything that you do. No matter how small it seems. The slightest mistake will bring Leonidas and his people down on you, and that is something you do not want. It will also expose us and lead to full scale war. That is not something we are prepared to risk right now while we are still building the clone vampire troops. I may hate his very being, but father is correct, we must respect his skills and what he commands. They are being far more cautious in their dealings, as you no doubt have noted, since that fool Chetak made the mistake of taking his youngest Queen. He knows we were involved offhandedly in supporting Chetak, but politically there is nothing he can do. Be mindful of all that you do Vonis, and cover your tracks well as I have said."

"What of the search for the half breed?" Vonis asked.

Yuri shook her head. "The fools allowed the Hadarian wench to escape into Leonidas's hands, but we have been able to determine she is in fact this Anja's sister. Her ship revealed logs and charts for the last fifty years, with two locations that we have been unable to crack the encryption codes on."

"Pirate codes?" Vonis asked curious now.

Yuri nodded. "It would appear so, though I'm surprised they have developed something so sophisticated that we can not crack it."

Vonis shook his head. "It is too simple." He said with a smile.

Yuri looked at him. "What?"

"It was something I read while in the academy." Vonis spoke evenly. "The pirates and mercenaries are successful because they have developed a system of communication and encryption that is the opposite of what we expect. It is not too advanced for us Yuri ... it's too simple for us."

"Too simple?" Yuri asked incredulously.

Vonis nodded with a smile. "I thought it was outrageous too, when I first heard it Yuri." He spoke. "What you need to do is capture one of the Overseers. They will have the answers you seek."

Yuri leaned back in her chair. "We do quite a bit of business with pirates and mercenaries Vonis, you know that. To violate that arrangement could very well do us more harm than good, not to mention turn all of The Wilds against us."

"Then offer one something for him to break the code." Vonis said calmly. "They are always looking for ways to enrich themselves. To give themselves an advantage over the other Overseers. We know who the six are yes?"

Yuri nodded. "We do."

"Then pick the weakest and make him an offer to break the code. Credits, slaves, ships, weapons, whatever it takes." Vonis said.

"If it is discovered we did this, it would turn the others against us and we would no longer be able to do business in The Wilds." Yuri spoke. "All the assets we have there would be compromised."

Vonis laughed. "If there is one thing I have learned sister, when father doesn't want something to be discovered, it usually isn't."

Yuri's eyes narrowed slightly at his words. "You sound as if you speak from experience Vonis." She said. "That could be dangerous."

"He is our father Yuri." Vonis spoke.

Yuri nodded. "Yes he is. And he is also the High Lord of the Vampire Coven. Do not forget that. Xerxes did ... and he is now dead because he thought himself better than our father."

"I do not think of myself as better than him Yuri. Quite the contrary in fact." Vonis said. "I have learned much from him, and there is much I still want to learn from him. And from you. But he has said himself ... he will not live forever ... and we must be prepared to step into his shoes when that day comes."

"Yes we must." Yuri replied. "But I have no intention of allowing anyone to hasten that day in coming Vonis."

"Nor do I." Vonis spoke in agreement.

"Good." Yuri said. "I would hate to have to tell our father that I issued a Kill Order on you as well."

"Don't take my words for something they are not Yuri." Vonis said quickly, seeing the look on Yuri's face. He had come to realize she was very protective of their father for some reason, but he knew that Yuri could be just as utterly ruthless as she needed to be.

"Then be more careful of your words brother." Yuri spoke to him. "Someone else might have mistaken them for something they were not."

Vonis bowed his head slightly. "My apologies." He replied.

Yuri waved her hand. "Enough of that ... you are still very young Vonis ... and I was also young and headstrong like you. You are our father's only son now, and I do not want to see you fall into the trap Xerxes did. He thought himself a god, better than our father, more powerful than him and unfortunately for Xerxes, Leonidas proved to him just how wrong he was. You must use your head first, be cunning, and be thoughtful in all that you do. Leonidas does not use brute force unless he needs too. He is far more cunning and ruthless than his father and grandfather ever were, and you must never underestimate those who follow him. They day you do that; you will end up like Xerxes. I only tell you this because it is the truth Vonis. It is why we have not already launched a full scale invasion. While it may not seem like Leonidas is preparing, rest assured he is. And he will not hesitate to use any means, any tactic or any weapon to defeat us."

"I will heed your words Yuri and I will take them to heart." Vonis told her.

"And make sure no one associated with you takes any elf to feed on!" Yuri spoke sternly. "That fool mistake has cost us more agents in the past than I can begin to tell you. Elves are far more resistant to us, and that increases with each generation. Unless you drain them completely, you will leave them alive and still able to identify you when they recover. If your supplies run low, as distasteful as it is, find an animal or two that will not be missed and then destroy the carcass."

Vonis nodded. "I will be careful."

"Your idea about the Overseer does have merit Vonis and I will see what father thinks." Yuri said. "He has always been careful when it comes to operating freely within The Wilds, and this is a decision he must make." She looked at her younger brother with a smile. "But I will support it because no matter the risks, it is a sound idea and I believe it is a risk we must take as well."

Vonis's face wanted to break into a smile, but he maintained his vampire composure and simply nodded. "I will keep our regular contacts as scheduled unless something comes up that force us to change them."

"I have another task for you while you are there Vonis, in addition to killing our half sister of course." Yuri spoke.

Vonis detected the change in her tone of voice and leaned closer. "Yes?"

"Find out how difficult it would be to steal one of these dragon eggs or a young dragon itself." Yuri told him. "You have seen them I take it?"

Vonis nodded once more. "Many times. They have free reign in the skies to go where they wish. They are a common sight over the capital now. It is strange really; I have noticed an odd affinity between the elves and dragons now that we are speaking of them."

"Strange how?" Yuri asked.

Vonis shook his head. "I can't really explain it. Just odd tremors within Mindvoice." He replied. "I am not as skilled in this area yet as you and father but I will try to be more attentive to this and give you a more complete description when I am able. Stealing an egg is more than likely out of the question however. They are guarded by three layers of security, to include elves and Spartans, and all of the females who carry eggs I have learned rarely leave the main island that they call home now. Once the eggs hatch, most of them go to the main caravan that the dragon leader uses."

"How did you find all this out?" Yuri asked.

Vonis smiled. "I purchased an information brochure." He answered. "Apparently the dragon leader, they call her The Elder Mother, has allowed very limited public access to their main island. Abducting one of the smaller dragons might be possible. I will look into it and let you know."

Yuri nodded. "Very well. Watch yourself Vonis, I do not wish to have to tell father you are dead because you did something foolish. And continue your reports as usual." Yuri said.

Vonis smiled. "That is not something I wish you to tell him either Yuri. I will be careful, have no doubts of that. Always."

"Your next scheduled report is for two days. Discover what you can about what we discussed and then contact me. Robert and I will be at my mountain retreat then, but I will leave our personal transmission channel open."

Vonis nodded. "I will speak to you in a few days then."


ELEAR
ELF HOMEWORLD
ROYAL PALACE

"You should have contacted me Bella!" Dysea complained as she watched Isabella walk into the main living area of the palace carrying two mugs of tea. "If they have issued this Kill Order on you as you suspect, it was foolish to take them alone."

They were both dressed very casually, having shared a full dinner already with Miai, and discussing the events of the day with each other. Dysea didn't blink when the female vampire stepped in off the patio entrance from outside. She was dressed in a loose fitting dark tan shirt and pants, with a lighter tan jacket over that. Her dark brown hair fell just past her shoulders, framing very stunning features and lightly tanned skin. Her dark eyes glowed with intelligence and she almost glided across the room with controlled confidence and grace.

"I have to agree Lady Isabella." The young woman replied.

Dysea looked at her and nodded. "See ... even Marci agrees with me."

Isabella laughed and handed the tea to Dysea before settling onto the couch next to her as Marci took the smaller couch across from them.

Marci had the distinction of being one of only three pureblood vampires that were even more skilled than Isabella, and not just in the fighting arts. She was still a relatively young nine hundred and forty years old, but her ability to blend in and not be seen was unrivaled. Isabella had brought her and the three others, all male vampires, to Martin's attention just before the birth of Androcles. Marci alone had the distinction of getting closer to Martin Leonidas without him sensing her than any other outside of Aricia. This skill he rapidly recognized and was now using. Marci traveled with Isabella and Dysea wherever they went, free to roam around at will and use her skills in however she deemed appropriate in order to gather intelligence and protect Dysea and Isabella. Though Isabella had protested at first, Martin had been adamant that Marci and the three males report only to him and take their instructions only from him. It took any semblance of responsibility for actions he might order away from them, and kept them free of suspicion.

"I was not alone. I had Lexi with me, who I might add, I feel completely comfortable with." Isabella answered. "Once I determined the three vampires I saw were not going to intervene, I knew Lexi and I could handle a pair of Kochab Bounty Hunters."

"But to be able to afford them is another matter." Marci spoke. "I believe it is safe to assume that your father now deems you too dangerous to live. And by virtue of that, Dysea as well."

Isabella nodded. "Oh I don't doubt that." She spoke. "Especially now that I have decided to officially take on a more active role as Queen."

Dysea looked at her, emerald eyes growing wide. "You have decided?" She gasped.

Isabella nodded with a smile. "Yes. Today's events made me see that this is where I truly belong. With you Dysea ... with Martin and Anja and Aricia and For'mya. With all of you. This is where destiny has brought me, and I intend to fully embrace that."

Dysea leaned over quickly, oblivious to the fact that Marci was watching, and laid a searing kiss of pleasures to come on Isabella right there on the couch. A kiss that Isabella did not hesitate to return to her with equal feeling. Dysea gazed at her with passion filled eyes as they parted, and Isabella stroked her cheek lovingly.

"First however, we need to deal with what we have discovered today from Arzoal, and determine the best course of action." Isabella spoke.

Dysea leaned back reluctantly but nodded. "Yes we do."

They all heard the heavy thump outside, and then Iriral's body was filling the doorway as she entered the room from her pen atop the palace. The elves had enlarged the doors into the palace enough for Torma's bulk to enter when he was here, and Iriral was no where as large as he was. She walked in casually and settled her bulk to the floor near the couch her intelligent green eyes waiting.

"Iriral and I talked of this development on the return flight from Dragon Island. And she was able to share with me quite a bit of the history she learned from Arzoal as a child on this Artre." Dysea said. "We determined that if this is indeed a cult that worships him and they have returned to Elear, we must discover what it is they intend and stop them. Among the foremost reasons why, is to keep the secret of the elves and dragons for as long as we can. At least until Arzoal and Nauta Melme deem it no longer feasible to do. I can tell you he will not be happy about this Kill Order."

Isabella looked at the massive head of the dragon that she now considered a friend and confidant. "I think Iriral will agree with me when I say that is secondary to this possible cult we have forming."

Iriral nodded. As much as it pains me to say ... yes. She answered. I believe that Isabella is in no real danger when she is among us ... and we can limit her exposure if need be, but the possibility of what this cult could do is potentially more devastating.

Dysea nodded slowly, though it left a bad taste in her mouth to agree. She knew what Bella was capable of, and though she loved her almost as much as she loved Martin, Iriral was right. "I agree." She spoke slowly. "I don't have to like it ... but I agree."

"Then I suggest we do not tell King Leonidas of this development until we have positive proof of the Coven's intent." Marci spoke. "I will not report to him what has happened because like you, I know what he will do."

Isabella nodded. "He will descend on this world with thousands of Spartans until every assassin or Bounty Hunter that may be here is dead."

Marci chuckled softly. "He is brutally efficient in that regard when he is protecting what he loves." She said with some pride in her voice.

Iriral nodded. Subtlety is a skill he allows to slip away when it concerns matters of the heart. As does Aricia and Anja, and you know they will be with him.

Dysea smiled. "Very well ... the Kill Order issue will remain with us then." She spoke. "Marci I know you take your instructions from Nauta Melme ... but I will need you to use your skills to find out how many vampire agents may be hiding on Elear."

Marci nodded quickly. "I will tell him I am simply following up my primary objective which is to safeguard the two of you. He will not question how I do that. He never does."

"I still believe we should visit this temple sight first." Dysea said. "Speak with the Holy Ones who maintain it, see if we can discover anything before we move to Wainn for this official visit."

"I have arranged with Lexi to have an entire Mora on standby alert from the moment we enter Wainn." Isabella spoke. "Religious cults are notoriously unpredictable, and I want to be able to respond quickly should anything happen."

Dysea nodded. "I have sent Miai back to NORMYA'S LIGHT for the evening to immerse herself in the history pads Alocgeid and L'tian gave us, as well as what Arzoal relayed to us here after we left her home. Her gift of her memory could well come in handy during this visit." She looked at Marci. "I want her protected Marci. Can you arrange that?"

"That would depend on how much you want her protected Milady." Marci answered.

"What do you mean?" Dysea asked. "She is my aide ... and she is becoming like a surrogate child to Bella and I in many ways."

Marci nodded. "Yes ... I have noticed that both of you tend to be protective of her."

"She was instrumental in helping us discover what we did during the debacle with Chetak." Isabella spoke. "She is also very naïve in many respects as well. She was used by the Coven just as many were, only in a different way."

"Then I will tell you she has shown an interest in someone on NORMYA'S LIGHT." Marci spoke. "Two someone's actually. They are twins."

Dysea and Isabella both leaned forward. "Twins?" Dysea asked.

Marci nodded. "They are transfers from General Vengal's unit of Drow scouts. They are part of the original group of half Drow half Vampire elves that first joined King Leonidas on Earth. They requested a transfer to an Intelligence posting, and to be perfectly honest, in my experience they could well turn out to be two of the best agents we have."

"We did not know this." Isabella stated.

Marci smiled. "And you probably would not have known had I not told you. Miai is aware of how you regard her, no matter how much the two of you try to hide it. And she is an exceptionally intelligent young woman. She has not told you about them for fear you will chase them away."

"What of these Drow?" Dysea asked quickly.

"They are unique." Marci spoke. "The Coven experiments on them forged a unique bond between them, and they speak with one voice. If one feels pain, the other feels pain, and vice versa. They are attracted to her ... as most young men are ... but not just because she is beautiful. They know how you regard her ... and they have actually spent many hours with her in the library on NORMYA'S LIGHT helping her to enhance this memory skill she has. I believe they would be an excellent choice for Miai if you wish to protect her. Their interest in her is more than just physical from what I have witnessed and heard."

Dysea looked at Isabella for a long moment. We can't protect her forever Bella. She spoke within Mindvoice.

I trust Marci Dysea. If she believes these two will provide her the protection she needs than I say we let them and see where their relationship takes them. If anywhere. Isabella spoke.

Dysea nodded and turned back to Marci. "Make it so Marci." She said. "As long as they know, Miai's safety is their first priority."

Marci got to her feet. "I will advise them as soon as I return to the ship. I will meet with you both before you depart for the temple site tomorrow afternoon." She spoke before bowing her head and moving through the balcony doors Iriral had come through.

Dysea turned to Iriral. "Why don't you fill us in on everything Arzoal told you and then the three of us will come up with a way to discover what this cult is up too."


APO PRIME
ISLAND PALACE

Her last trip to this planet had nearly resulted in her being captured and tossed into a very dark prison cell. She had been smuggling black market weapons at that time, and the Spartan authorities had discovered her contact and point of sale. She had only escaped due to her piloting skills, which allowed her to shadow a larger Lycavorian cruiser as it took to orbit. Once past the defensive platforms she had been able to make her way free, but it had been a very nerve wracking six hours.

They had returned yesterday afternoon, coming directly here to this large lake island that was two kilometers from the actual main estate. The island itself was huge in its own right, but the home they had come to was in no way what Sangria had expected of a royal palace. Yes it was massive, three floors of massive, with the towering hundred meter high cathedral main entrance accenting who lived here. The room she had been given was huge, with a balcony that overlooked the glass like surface of the lake, and as she stood now with the mug of coffee letting her sea green eyes take in the terrain all around, she noticed what appeared to be a huge rock cave not too far away. There were worn paths heading off in every direction through the thick timber, and it took her only a moment to figure out that this was a palace of Lycavorians. They most likely ran through the forests surrounding the palace as wolves.

As if to punctuate that thought she turned as movement below her caught her keen eye and she looked down, her eyes opening wider as she saw the giant black wolf appear from the edge of the timber. It was the first time she had seen Martin in wolf form, and to say he was impressive was an understatement Sangria did not want to make. Looking at him, his overall size, which was massive, and the muscles that rippled beneath that night black fur, he was down right frightening. Playfully nipping on his heels was the Persian red haired wolf that was much smaller than him, but still muscular and a good sized wolf as the Spartans she had seen so far in her life were. Sangria knew right away who it was, and she watched fascinated as Anja moved up next to Martin and nuzzled his throat with her head, her tongue flicking out to lick the shiny black hair under his muzzle. He was twice her size, and much more thickly muscled, and he lowered his head to return the licks, his long wolf tongue bathing her muzzle in gentle caresses and going to lick the back of her neck and her flanks. Even from this distance and height above them Sangria could see Anja's long tail twitching in delight at Martin's attentions to her.

Anja had left with him the evening before, Sangria watching as they shifted into wolf form and disappeared into the timber, and she wondered if they were just returning. She remembered his words to her on the ship, and she was torn between what she should do. She had never trusted anyone in her life, and that is why she had lived as long as she had, yet these people trusted each other completely. They were so relaxed with each other, so completely open. Anja had given her a tour of the palace and the grounds when they had arrived yesterday, the Spartan Belen always coming into sight and disappearing again just when you thought he had left them alone. Anja had shown her the inside of the immense dragon cave where she had seen three dragon hatchlings under the tutelage of their newly returned parents as they learned how to fly. She found it odd initially that the only way to the island was by flying on a dragon, something she had refused to do upon arriving. She had taken a water Lifter from the small pier with the second Hadarian that always seemed to be in her sister's company. The dark haired Seanna was quiet and did not speak to her other than to answer a few questions. Sangria had seen Anja and Seanna holding hands on the ship, even sharing a passionate kiss when the two of them thought they were alone, and it was then that she realized this was her sister's lover. It was difficult to get her mind wrapped around everything, and even three days later, she was still shocked at what she had so far discovered.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.