A Red Valentine - Valentine's Day 2014 - Cover

A Red Valentine - Valentine's Day 2014

Copyright© 2014 by Dual Writer

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Valentine's Day changes as we age. This is about how some things come to you when you wait. Happy Valentine's Day

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

Age 9

This is nuts. I want to do this but I'm so afraid. What will Janet think? She knows I like her because I'm always tongue-tied around her. I get all nervous just thinking about her. She even makes sure she has an empty seat on the school bus so I have a place to sit without looking. It's funny how she always has that seat open.

Today is Valentine's Day and I want to give her this card and box of candy. I paid for it myself. It isn't very big and only has ten pieces of candy, but it's all from me. I hope she likes it. Should I give it to her on the bus this morning, or should I wait for when we go home? I have it in a regular brown bag so it won't look out of place, except that I have two bags this morning. I want her to know I do like her and to thank her for always having a seat for me on the bus.

Here comes the bus. Oh, man, am I nervous.

Age 14

I've done this every Valentine's Day and I shouldn't be nervous now. Just because Valentine's Day is a Saturday shouldn't make a difference. I have a box of candy and a card the same as always, but this is different because I'm not giving it to Janet on the school bus. I'm going to give it to her at her house. I hope her sister isn't there, and I wonder if her Mom and Dad will stand there and watch us.

It's a long bike ride to her house. My sister said she would drive me but that wouldn't be good because then she would be there watching me too. I'll just ride right over there and give Janet her Valentine's Day card and candy.

Age 17

Janet and I were in my old car when I gave her my Valentine's Day card this year. I was nervous before I gave it to her, same as always, but I was proud that I did afterward. She really liked the big heart shaped box of candy I gave her too.

I gave her something special this year. I saved enough to give her a real gold locket with a chain. The jewelry store in town engraved 'Janet', a 'plus' sign, and 'Chuck' inside. I know she's like my girlfriend and I'm her boyfriend, but it's nice to be able to give her something that says it. I wanted this to be something that would keep us together when I joined the Marines as soon as I graduate this summer.

I hope I get that kiss that I always get on Valentine's Day.

Age 19

I sit here on a soggy bunk with a Valentine's Day card and a box of candy ready to mail, but holding a long letter in my hand that has taken all the joy out of Valentine's Day away.

How could this happen. I went into the Marines to have a career as a soldier, and to be able to support a wife and have kids. I wanted us to have a secure future and look forward to years and years together. But then this. I've only been gone just close to two years, and I'll be rotating in another month with a full thirty day leave. She's telling me she is marrying Joe Gringe this Saturday. Because of the slow mail that's last week. She says she was lonely and Joe was always asking her to go to the movies or up to the Dairy Queen. She says she doesn't know how it happened, but now, all of sudden she's marrying him. She tells me she's sorry, but that I shouldn't have left.

I would have been drafted anyway if I didn't join the Marine Corps. How did Joe Gringe not get drafted? Heck, all of the other guys in our graduating class were drafted except Randy, who is sort of sickly and small. He wouldn't have worked out in the military, but Joe was a farm kid the same as me. How did he skate?

Should I send this card and candy anyway? Will It hurt her marriage if I do? Should I care? I do care, and would never want to hurt Janet. I'd like to bend Joe up for jumping my claim, but Janet and I were not engaged or anything. I thought we were promised, but I suppose I've never been a big enough talker to tell her how much I wanted us to be together. She knew my plan of making Sergeant and then beginning our life. I've made Sergeant and I'm ready to make a life, but no Janet now. What should I do with the card and candy?

I looked at the two items and the box I was going to send it in. Making up my mind, I assembled them and took them to the post office window at the company office. I suppose my sister will enjoy this as much as anyone.

Age 42

It's strange to have a 25th high school reunion in February, but it was good because I was in the States and could get a short leave to attend. The event is supposed to be a special Valentine's Day dance for our anniversary, so it's like old times. I've bought a card and a small box of candy for all of the girls in our class. It took some time to go over the high school yearbook and familiarize myself with all of the girls again. The whole class had only 38 people, with about half girls and half guys. It'll be fun to see how all these folks have aged.

I'm in good physical shape, as the Marines have kept me that way for these 25 years. I still haven't found a replacement for Janet, but I really haven't looked. Could I really ever trust another woman to stay with me while I was on a long isolated tour of duty? It often happens, at least every four or five years, and almost every other year in my case. I don't care though, as I really haven't wanted to be in one place. The only place I didn't want to be is on board a ship. That is the worst duty a Marine can pull. Embassy duty is strange what with having to wear a dress uniform all the time, but you do see some interesting people.

I'll bet I now make as much money as most any of the guys I graduated with. I make some good bucks now as a Master Sergeant. There's a slot coming open for Master Gunnery Sergeant that I could be considered for, and that would be another two grand a month. I could handle that, but I don't spend any money anyway, and the last thing I splurged on is the now fifteen year old Corvette that still doesn't have fifty thousand miles. That's what I'm going to drive to the dance. I should probably get there early so I can park where everyone can see it. At least I'll have something to brag about.

The dinner was to begin at seven but people were encouraged to come early to visit with each other. There was to be a cash bar so everyone could loosen up a little. I know I was nervous and would enjoy a drink while renewing old friendships.

Son-of-a-gun, who is the first person I see when I walked into the large room where it looked like most of the class and their wives were milling around? Joe Gringe was right in the doorway having people sign in.

"Hey, Joe, let me sign in and come talk to me later so I can hear what you you've been doing these last 25 years."

The man had no couth. He looked up at me, almost smirked, and nodded. No howdy, how are you, kiss my ass, or anything. The girl helping him was another classmate. She gave me a hug before I left for the bar and said, "How did you stay so slim and boy are you solid, Chuck? Are you still in the Army?"

I smiled at her and said as nice as possible, "It is the Marines, Susan, and yes, I'm still on active duty in the Marines."

It took fifteen minutes to get to the bar, as person after person from the class stopped me to shake hands or give me a hug. I should have worn my uniform with a big sign that says 'I'm a Marine', as everyone kept asking if I was still in the Army.

This was a nervous time so I decided on a real drink and had a large glass of scotch. A beer would have been good, but I wanted something with a kick.

Then it happened. There she was. There was Janet, the first time I've seen her in 25 years. She had put on weight, but then that's normal as I had heard she had two kids, and those will do that to you. I had my big bag of boxes of candy and generic cards ready to pass out, but seeing Janet had my emotions cascading on me. Do I say hi? What?

Judy Pierce then, now another last name, was next to me so I gave her a box of candy and a card after we hugged. Another of the girls saw me giving Judy something and was instantly by my side, so I gave her a set. 18 girls soon had their card and candy, all except Janet. She was standing with another of the girls, blushing with her head down, when I approached her.

"Here, Janet, I think you're the last to get your card today."

The girl of my past dreams, and many since, smiled her neat smile. She still had a mass of freckles, but her fire red hair was now muted red with gray roots. We all do get older. Janet took the card and candy and put it on a table next to her. She looked at me as reached for her neck. She held out the locket that I had given her so many years ago, and said, "Thank you for the Valentine's gift."

This was difficult to handle, but I told her how happy I was to have heard how she had had a good life and was a mother of two. We chatted about what I don't remember for a minute, until I had to excuse myself. I took my now empty glass back to the bar and bought a refill.

That wasn't nice. A half-hour into this thing and I'm really having trouble. Should I just leave? I would really like to visit more with everyone. I decided I'm not going to let my emotions ruin my evening.

It wasn't difficult to avoid Janet after that, as Joe was now next to her all of the time and kept steering her away from wherever I was. I did have a good time renewing old acquaintances. I had corresponded with many, especially the girls, even as they married and raised families. It was funny though that none of the girls I wrote to all of the time ever mentioned Janet and Joe. My sister would hear something and tell me, but no news about them from the friends I had from back then.

Dinner was great and then we cleared the floor for dancing. There was actually a real band that played a lot of oldies from our era but mostly slow songs for us to dance and chat.

About two hours into the dance, I was standing with a married couple from our class, when Janet came up to me. "Please dance with me, Chuck."

How do you refuse in front of others? I quickly looked around to find Joe, but didn't see him. Janet pressed up against me when we began dancing to a slow song like we were 17 all over again. It didn't take her long to bring back the same physical responses from that time so long ago. She began, "I'm so sorry, Chuck, I know you had plans, but I was so lonely. We never did anything together even though I know we both wanted to, but I wanted to be intimate and learn about that stuff. Please forgive me, Chuck; I know I loved you then and still do, but I have Joe now."

I dropped my hands from Janet and began ushering her toward the tables. I told her with near tears in my eyes, "Don't talk about it. Don't apologize, I'm over it, and you should be too. You're still in my thoughts, but only that, in my thoughts. Now go to Joe and make him happy."

"What does she need to make me happy for? What have you been doing with Chuck, Janet?" Joe was red-faced, standing rigid with his fists clenched at his side.

"Simmer down, Joe; Janet was just reminding me why she married you while I was overseas. You see, you have her and I don't."

Joe sputtered, "You must still be waiting for her. You never married and didn't even bring a date to the dance."

"There is no way to explain it to you, Joe, but I've been busy for the last 25 years, and really haven't had the opportunity to meet many women. I somehow don't trust them, and can't seem to get close to them. It's my problem, not anything for you to worry about."

Janet was now standing, looking down with her hands hanging at her side, weeping. Joe looked at her, then grabbed her by the arm and pulled her from the hall.

Oh well, none of my business. A couple of the girls were still single, a couple were divorced, and a couple were widows, so I was well attended to by the women. There were two other guys who never married, so we had a lot of extra women to dance with.

I saw Janet with Joe as the party came to a close, but Joe was having to help her stand as she was now totally wasted. That was actually good for me to see, as I'm not a fan of drunks.

While walking out of the nice club, I saw a redhead standing at the entrance looking into the hall. I could see her face and neck were covered with freckles as I neared her. I stopped and smiled at her, before asking, "Are you Janet's and Joe's daughter?"

The girl smiled at me and answered, "Yes, I am. If you know my mom and dad, are they coming out? My mom called to tell me to come get them as they have had too much to drink again. Do you think I should just go in to get them?"

"I can't tell you what to do, but they should be out soon so don't be bashful and just go in."

The girl said, "I'll bet I know who you are. You're Chuck, aren't you? I've seen your pictures many times. You're the guy Mom was supposed to marry instead of my dad. She talks about you all of the time. Dad gets mad, but Mom tries not to mention you when he's around. Are you here to see Mom?"

"No, I came to see the entire class. It was good to see your mom and dad too, but they were only two of the people I wanted to see. It was nice to meet you. Tell your Mom that you look exactly like she used to; beautiful."

The girl smiled and walked into the hall.

I got into my Corvette and drove to my sister's place to spend the night. Enough of that emotional roller coaster.

Age 47

The class is going to have a reunion every five years now, but I have an excuse this time. I'm on the other side of the world, and I really don't want to take leave to go. The last one was fun, but it was also stressful because of seeing Janet for the first time in 25 years. It was neat to meet her daughter as she was the exact likeness of Janet those many years ago. I think I'll surprise all of the girls from the class. I'll send a big box to good old George, and have him pass out my boxes of candy and cards. I'll put my address on them and see if any write me. That would be a treat.

I did get a response from almost every girl in the class, and that enabled me to send them all small boxes of candy and a card every Valentine's Day after that.

It's getting close to the time for me to hang it up. Thirty years in the Corps can get tough as you age. I hate to admit it, but I'm not 17 any longer and can't run non-stop for 20 miles. I have to make a plan and figure out what to do.

Age 52

I've connected with a lot of my former classmates since I've retired. I guess all people go back to their beginnings, and I've gone back to mine. My sister found a great deal for me, as one of our former neighbors had sold off their property, but had divided ten acres for someone who wanted the house, barn, and a little land. I took leave and when I looked at it, I felt I could put the house and barn back into good condition and have a place just for me.

Everything worked out. I was able to buy the property, retire from active duty, and make some really major repairs and changes to the place. I now had a really nice home, a good barn, and a small pasture where I raised a couple of steers. My plan now in place was to raise two beef a year; sell one, and butcher the other. That would supply meat for me, my sis, her kids, and my brother and his kids. My brother wasn't my best friend, as he always thought I was nuts. He got married right after high school so he wouldn't have to go to Viet Nam. That was okay as Dad needed help on the farm, and my brother was the man. Mom and Dad had passed since then though, and Bro had sold the farm to live in a nearby city.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.