Armagedon - Cover

Armagedon

by Canary

Copyright© 2014 by Canary

Fiction Story: A tongue-in-cheek account of the last great battle in which God takes a hand.

Tags: High Fantasy  

REVELATIONS, Chapter 6, Verses 13 – 19

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16
And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17
¶ And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18
And there were voices, and thunders, and lightings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The Pope was the first to know but other angels were also making the protestant leaders and all other religions of the world that the end time was coming within a very short time. Of course, in God's eyes time is very tenuous. A day could be a thousand years or it could be an hour ... it is all the same.

In this case, however, the angels had been very specific. We had only three years to prepare ourselves for battle with the forces of evil. A meeting was called in Rome. All of the leaders of all religions were invited and it appears that over 90% attended. The goal was clear. They must come up with a plan on how to best prepare themselves for the upcoming battle.

One very persuasive leader ... it may one of the "false prophets" mentioned in verse 13, I don't know ... anyway, he argued that was no reason for anyone to die in the final battle for of all of mankind. He argued that we were so technologically advanced that we could fight the battle remotely. That way we could fight the battle without any loss of life. After that there was a mad dance to rid the holy land of all human beings so that no human life would be lost.

Of all life on earth I was probably closest to the battle and I wasn't actually on the earth at all. Actually I was high in the sky with cameras focused on the Holy Land where we knew the battle would occur, even if we didn't know the exact location.

The forces on the ground were impressive. There were thousands of tanks on the ground and the walls around the Jerusalem were protective with two thousand cannons pointed in all directions each of which could be remotely reloaded after they had fired their first two hundred rounds. Stationed in Rome were twenty thousand drones each with one hundred rounds and they could fly back to be reloaded by the army if necessary.

When the battle started I could see a huge earth gash open up in the earth and a huge man in a business suit rising out of it. He was the biggest man I had ever seen, at least 700 feet high. But by far the most impressive thing was his face. It was, in itself ugly, and you could almost see the rage pouring out of him. "I am Lucifer," he roared. "Bow down before me you insignificant little piss ants and I may let you live. You have been ignoring me and calling me a bad person. Instead of putting me in of place of honor in this which is my planet you choose to worship a supposed God who does nothing but sit on his throne while the angels around him sing nursery rhymes. I know, I used to be one of them myself."

The response to this was immediate. The cannons from Jerusalem fired the first volley hitting him in the head and chest. The drones which had just arrived fired their rockets, in both arms and both legs. It actually pushed him back a step. He let out a roar. He reached out over the chasm from which he'd come and little red men began pouring forth from it's bowels. There must have been several million of them at the least. They over ran all our defenses and Satan, himself, was putting down our planes as fast as we could send them out.

I began to get to sick to my stomach. We were losing and losing badly. Off to my right I saw a small light to begin to appear. It slowly got bigger and bigger until out shown even the sun. From the midst of the light came the loudest voice I have ever heard. "Lucifer," it barked. "You have tried my patience for the last time. You are to be chained and thrown in the darkest area of the universe. There you will stay for all eternity. I am the Lord God of all the universe of everything that has been or is or ever will be and there is no place in my universe for the likes of you. You are evil to the core and you have enslaved many of my people and those will go with you. When they realize it was YOU who has caused them the pain they are feeling, I'm sure they will find a way to make your stay in eternity most unpleasant. BE GONE" With that what seemed like a whip wrapped it around him completely. It lifted him up and threw him out into space to be forever tortured.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.