OVERBOARD!
Chapter 35: Circumstances Are Keeping Us Apart.

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 35: Circumstances Are Keeping Us Apart. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

The alarm went off jarring me out of a comfortable dream. No, wait, it wasn't a dream, I really had taken Kay away for the weekend and moved us up to a fully intimate relationship; that memory brought a smile to my face. I pulled Kay over to me, after she turned off the blasted noise maker, to give her a big hug and start the day with a steamy kiss. It was still earlier than I was used to or wanted it to be.

"Mmmm, this is good. I didn't think you'd set the alarm for some early morning fun as soon as we got back from our weekend but I'm not objecting."

"It IS good, and yes, I did set the alarm for earlier than usual but it wasn't so we could have some fun this morning. I have to get up and get moving. Today is day one of my internship and I can't be late. Now let me go, I have to get some breakfast and take a quick shower. I'm not going to dress until after I've eaten."

"You're not a sloppy eater; do you really think it's necessary to eat before you get dressed?"

"Normally, I would dress first but I don't want to tempt Murphy. I have to be around people all day, unlike a certain someone I know." She was giving me a look that made it clear who she was talking about.

"I have to see people, too."

"Not all day, you don't, you may talk to a lot of people by phone but when will you see anyone? Probably not until I get home tonight."

"Maybe."

She gave me a quick kiss and then got out of bed; I followed. We were both wearing light robes as we went to the kitchen for breakfast and coffee. She pulled cheese and fruit together for us while I started a pot of coffee. When the plates were on the table I decided to tease a little and have some fun.

"If you let me I can make sure you go in with a smile on your face for your first day. Just jump up here and have a seat on the table. I'll pull up my chair and have my breakfast." I was leering and chuckling.

She had a shocked look on her face when she said, "I am not going to sit on the kitchen table. I don't have the time for what I think you want to do."

"Okay, but if you set the alarm to give us a little play time I can have my breakfast while you have yours and I'll send you to work relaxed, with a smile on your face."

"I'll think about it." She was chuckling now, too.

We finished our light breakfast and took our coffee back to the bedroom with us. She dropped her robe on the bed and went into the bath. Shortly, I heard the shower running. I debated relaxing in bed or joining Kay in the shower. Teasing her was fun! I dropped my own robe on the bed and went to the shower. I opened the door to get in.

"What are you doing?" Kay asked with a little disbelief and shock in her voice. She was holding her hand out in the classic 'STOP' position.

"I thought I'd wash your back."

"If I had more time I might let you but I don't and you won't stop at just my back. Go away, Rob. You're going to have to wait until tonight to have some fun."

I gave her an exaggerated pout and said, "Spoil sport!" before I turned around and went back into the bedroom. I put on a shirt and a pair of shorts while I waited for her.

Kay came back into the bedroom in a towel and I smiled at her while I sat on the bed.

"You didn't have to get up with me, you know."

"I know but I wanted you to get off to a good start. The same reason I was going to get in the shower with you."

"The breakfast and coffee were good and I really like having you in the shower with me but I don't think it would be very conducive to my getting out and to work on time."

"Maybe not but we'd have fun. You're going to be at least a half hour early, Kay, even if you hit every red light between here and there. I'm trying to calm you down a little because you're wound up."

"That's not all you're trying to do and I promise you a good time tonight. I need to start returning the pleasures you've given me but I've got to go." She got dressed while I sat back on the bed watching her.

"Do you think this alright for my first day?"

"Did they give you any direction in the email they sent you?"

"Not really, it just said appropriate office attire. I've never worked in an office so I'm not sure if this is okay."

"It's okay, really, you look great and you'll fit right in, I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Relax, take a breath. You don't have anything to be nervous about, you look good; you're going to be fine and do well. The other three from your class are going to be there and you know them, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"They're starting from the same point you are, right?"

"Yeah."

"The point is, when you got the class standings from end of year, you finished up better in class than they did. The company opened this position especially for you. You're already ahead of the others, and they're still wondering about you, aren't they?"

"What d'ya mean?"

"You interviewed separately from the others. They went through the school to get an interview. Your interview was arranged independently and the others don't know how you did it, unless you told them how you came to have the interview. Did you?"

"No."

"So you all are starting from the same point but you're a bit of a mystery to them. They'll be busy still wondering and thinking about how your interview came about while you can concentrate on doing what you have to at the company. That'll put you a step ahead of them. You just have to stay ahead of them."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I really do. I have confidence in you; have confidence in yourself."

"Okay."

"What time are you leaving?"

She looked at the clock, "Oh, heck, five minutes ago. I'll see you tonight." She bent down to me on the bed and gave me a quick kiss then darted out of the room.

I put on some real clothes and went into the office to get to work. I went through the routine review of the logs from the weekend while thinking about Kay and hoping things would go well for her. I took some notes about suggestions to make to a couple of clients to make their systems work either faster or smoother or maybe both. When I reached a convenient break point I went in to make a sandwich for my lunch. I went into the backyard to eat it while I walked around to ensure nothing was out of place either in the yard or the pool.

I was back at my desk calling the clients I had made notes for. I was having limited success but that was expected; no one wanted to spend money if their systems were working. My job was to keep those systems working and improve their efficiency. I had to make the argument that the costs of the proposed changes were outweighed by the greater benefits.

I had a panic call right after lunch from the resort client in Colorado. They had a fire in the pump room serving the pool of their largest property and when the sprinkler system activated it extinguished the fire, which was the good news. The bad news was the main server for their entire system was in an adjoining room and its sprinklers were also activated and all their equipment had a shower, a long one. No one realized what had happened until the fire department allowed the staff to get back into the hotel. It was a disaster.

I promised them I would be out as soon as I could arrange a flight and I'd notify my suppliers to be on standby so I could get whatever equipment was needed for restoration on short order. I made the calls I needed to and an hour later the car service was at my door. I thought I might be in Colorado for five days or more and had packed appropriately. I left a note for Kay on the kitchen table and headed for the airport. So much for me not being around people all day.

Kay's turn (Monday morning):

What a weekend! Rob surprised me on the beach but what a great surprise. I thought all the stories I've heard about how great sex is were just kids bragging. I knew guys liked it and I've heard girls who said they liked it but no one ever said it would be like that. I thought he was going to kill me with his mouth and then when he got on top of me I thought I had died for sure. He told me sex was a big deal with the right partner but I didn't understand what a BIG DEAL it was. I owe him a lot and I've got to show him how much I appreciate what he did for me.

I wonder what he would have done if I had sat up on the kitchen table this morning? Would he really have done what he implied or was he just pulling my chain? That type of casual attitude about sex is something I'm not used to. Back home adults don't talk all that openly about sex and I've never heard of anyone being adventurous enough to do it on the kitchen table. Outside when there's no one around, sure; in the living room or den, sure; but on the kitchen table? I don't think so. It might be fun, though.

They say, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." To me it's true and it means I shouldn't live in the past; I should live in the present and work for the future. That's why I'm no longer concerned about Todd. Rob has been in touch with my school advisor and through him knows where things stand with Todd. I probably will never see that dirt bag ever again. I won't miss him and on the whole, I think the school is better off without him or his kind.

I did well this year in school and finished the year second in my class, same as I did the first two years. I'd like to be number one but the guy who is has it locked up. His father is a big wig at one of the Aerospace companies in Texas, I think, and has been coaching his son. My dad would do the same for me if he could. I know he did with Junior and is doing the same with Tommy.

Today is my first day at the company in this internship and I'm not sure what to expect. Rob told me I'm dressed properly but I won't be comfortable until I see what everyone else is wearing. I don't want to look like a slob and I don't want to be overdressed. I just want to fit in with everyone, not just the other interns but everyone I'm going to deal with. I sure hope Rob is right.

Ugg, do I sit out here in the car for the next half hour or do I go in forty-five minutes early? Rob said I'd be at least a half hour early and he's going to gloat when I tell him he was right.

At five minutes before eight the four of us were being escorted to the H.R. offices. When we got there we had a minute or so to stand around and talk. Apparently Rob was right (again) and the other three were trying to figure out how I had gotten my interview. None of them came right out and asked the question directly but they tried to find out with other things they asked and we talked about.

I'm going to have to watch what the other interns do here. Ryan and Linc are okay guys but I'm not so sure about Wayne. He's the smarmy type, always trying to ingratiate himself with others and I don't fully trust him.

Mister Peoples, the H.R. manager, came in just after eight and greeted us before we started the day. There were six or seven others that came to talk to us as well. We spent the whole day filling out paperwork, getting an overview of the program we were in, being told all the dos and don'ts, watching safety videos, being issued hard hats, safety glasses and earplugs, told to get safety shoes before the third week and overall told what we would be going through for the next thirteen weeks. By four-thirty, my head was spinning and I was ready to go home.

I walked in the door and went to let Rob know I was home. I was sure he'd want to talk with me to see how my day one went. He wasn't in the office so I went out to the pool to see if he was there. He wasn't and both of our bicycles were in the lean-to beside the cabana. Now I was curious, was he playing a game with me? I went to the kitchen and there was his note. Damn! He went to Colorado, and he expects to be there for the rest of the week at least. Damn, damn, damn!

I had been looking forward to getting home just so I could get together with Rob and talk about today. Then there was tonight. I WAS going to start giving back to him and now I can't. This isn't fair. Rob showed me the "Big Deal" and I wanted more of it tonight. Now I'll have to wait until he's back. Well, I went without until this past weekend, I guess I can go without for a few more days. I'm going to have to find some things to keep me occupied. There's always the housework to do; I can't let that slip.

It took me an hour and a half to get through the empty side of the house and great room but the sheets are fresh in both of those bedrooms and the floors are vacuumed. I'm not going to do anymore cleaning tonight. I'll need something to do the rest of the week.

After I had eaten a salad for my dinner, Rob called me on my cell phone and with caller I.D. I knew right away it was him.

"Hi, Rob, how're you doing out there?"

"I got here, no problem, and Garrett, the guy I work with, met me at the airport. The good news is I won't have to travel far to get to the site of the problem. The bad news is, they're putting me up in the hotel where the problem is and right now, their swimming pool is not usable but I'll survive."

"What about the problem? The note told me you were going to be out in Colorado for the rest of the week and possibly longer but it didn't tell me why."

"They had a fire in the pump room for the pool and when the sprinklers activated in that room they also activated in the electronics room where the main servers are and everything was thoroughly wet down. Most of it is ruined. I'm going to be here until they're back up and running but that won't be until we get the new equipment installed and aligned. First thing tomorrow I have to do a full survey and list everything to be replaced for the insurance company and to order new equipment."

"You have to stay there for all that?"

"Yeah, it's part of my contract service. Hopefully I'll have the installation and alignment done in time to catch the Friday flight home but it's iffy. The good part of this is they'll end up with the newest equipment which will make my life easier in the long run."

"What about your other clients? Can you do everything you have to from there?"

"I should be able to, what I can't do I'll just put off until I'm back. It shouldn't be too bad."

"Do you need me to do anything for you?"

"Not that I can think of right now. If I need something I'll let you know on our nightly phone call."

"Okay. You're going to call me every night?"

"Of course I am, I want to know how you're doing. Starting with how was your first day as an intern? Did you have any big surprises?"

"I hate to say it but you were right. I was forty-five minutes early and had to sit out in the parking lot for half-an-hour before I went in. Darn you."

"So we did have some time to play a little this morning."

"I guess. I didn't want to be late is why I left when I did."

"And in truth, it was the right thing to do. So you sat in the parking lot for half-an-hour, so what? I'd rather be early than late anytime, well almost anytime."

"Only almost?"

"Yeah, I'd rather be late to my own execution. I might get a last minute pardon and it would tick me off to miss it because I was on time."

"Oh, I see now, you've taken your comedy routine on the road, yuck, yuck, yuck."

"I thought you appreciated my comedy routine."

"That's not quite right. I don't appreciate it, I tolerate it but only because I have to."

"You're going to hurt my feelings."

"I doubt it."

"Did the other three guys show up?"

"Yeah, they were all there. You were right about them, too, they were asking me questions trying to figure out how I came to be interviewed. I don't mind Ryan and Linc, they're okay but I don't trust Wayne. I wouldn't put anything past him."

"Well, then don't turn your back on him or give him anything to get over on you. What about the rest of your day?"

"We spent better than half the day in H.R. filling out paperwork, watching safety videos, getting hard hats, safety glasses and ear plugs. I have to get safety shoes, too. The rest of the day we went over the program in depth and what we'll be doing for the next thirteen weeks. That last part is when I really started taking notes."

"When do you have to have the safety shoes?"

"Before the third week, any footwear is okay until then because we won't be on the production floor. Once we reach the third week we have to have the safety shoes with us but we don't have to wear them unless we're going into one of the production areas. They're going to give us lockers tomorrow so we can keep some things there and I figure that's where all my safety equipment, including the shoes, is going to go. I can't forget it at home if it's already there."

"Sounds like a plan. Do you have to be in by eight every day or was today special?"

"Today wasn't special; we have to be in by eight every day."

"What about lunches? Are you going to buy them there or bring in from home?"

"This week I'm going to buy my lunches. I'll see how that goes and how the food is before I make up my mind. It wasn't bad today, there was mac and cheese or some pre-made sandwiches. I went with the mac and cheese. It was bland but edible."

"I'm sure the lunch room supervisor would appreciate your compliments about it."

"I didn't say it was good, I said it was edible."

"That's a lot better than what you could have said and the supervisor really will appreciate knowing at least that it was edible. Were there a lot of people buying their lunches?"

"I don't know, I wasn't paying attention to that."

"If you see a lot of your coworkers buying their lunch instead of bringing it in, that's a good sign. On the other hand if almost no one buys their lunch you better check to see if there's a stomach pump available on site in case of poisoning."

"Yuck, yuck, yuck."

"I'm only half kidding. If a lot of people are buying lunch instead of bringing it in, that's a good thing."

"Rob?"

"Yeah, Kay."

"I feel bad. I was going to start to pay you back for the good time this weekend and with you in Colorado, I can't."

"Don't feel bad, I'm a big boy and I can wait. I'll appreciate it more when we get together again, hopefully this coming weekend."

"I still think you're getting gypped again."

"We have lots and lots of time for that in our future, Kay. When you look at a week or ten days and compare it with the many years of our future, that week or ten days is nothing."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.