OVERBOARD! - Cover

OVERBOARD!

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Chapter 22: The Big Question, What Is Our Relationship?

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 22: The Big Question, What Is Our Relationship? - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

The airport was a zoo with everyone returning from the holiday weekend. It was tough getting through the terminal and seemed to take forever to get our bags off the luggage carousel. Thank goodness for the car service, the driver was one of the guys who regularly took care of me and I also took care of him because of the good service he gave me. He got our two cases into the trunk and then took us home quickly and quietly. We still weren't talking much.

The cats demanded attention just as soon as we came in the door. I stroked them while Kay checked on their food and water. When she came back, we agreed to meet in the hot tub to soak and talk a little after putting up our bags. Neither of us was hungry, it was no wonder with the amount of breakfast Janice had served. We each had a glass of wine, the sun had set, we were alone again and again we were bare, it seemed natural by this point. I wasn't complaining, I also wasn't staring and neither was Kay, it was just everyday routine nudity.

"Rob, have you thought about that conversation last night? I have and I still don't know what to make of it. What do you think? Is my family right and we just don't see it?" She was looking at me and while I wouldn't say she was upset, she certainly wasn't settled either.

"Yeah, I've thought about it but I think I need to think about it a lot more before I'm ready to say they are or aren't right. I think it might help if we looked at it from their point of view. A lot of that will have to come from you though. I don't know them nearly as well as you do, or should."

"Yes, I know them but I'm still flummoxed. I don't think we did anything to indicate we're close, like a couple. We weren't sneaking off to go make out or anything. We weren't even holding hands. It's not like we were sharing any private jokes. We didn't stop talking when someone came by. We didn't whisper to each other like we were hiding something"

"Kay, that's all true but what you're describing is what high school kids do, not what adults do. You made a big point of wanting your dad to treat you like an adult when he was here. You didn't throw a fit or sulk or anything the way a teen-ager would when her father came to a party to drag her home. Instead you talked with him and reasoned with him, gave him logical arguments to support your point of view and you demanded the same from him. That was the adult way to handle the situation and you did it well."

"What does that have to do with the conversation last night and what they said?"

"I think your dad went home and told your mom you aren't a little girl anymore and she shouldn't expect you to act like one."

"Okay, I can see that but how does it connect?"

"Before you came out to California did you bring guys home?"

"Rarely, but sometimes."

"When you brought them home did your parents allow you to be alone with them anywhere in the house that might have been private, like maybe your bedroom?"

"No, but I never tried to be alone with anyone."

"Alright, but think like a parent of a growing teen-age girl, would you allow her to be alone with a teen-age boy in a private area?"

"I guess not but..."

"Hold on, did your parents do anything the whole time we were at their house to stop us or discourage us from being alone and in private?"

"No, I get it. They treated us, both of us, as adults. I still don't see how it relates."

"Now think about this before you answer. Do you think they would have tried to separate us if we did try to be alone in private?"

She thought for a moment before answering slowly. "I don't think so."

"If we, you and I, had gone into either your bedroom or my bedroom, closed the door and stayed in there for an hour or so would they have done anything to stop us or interrupt us?"

"I don't think so."

"What's the difference between how they treated us, specifically you, this weekend and how they treated you if you brought a boy home just two years or so ago?"

"They didn't seem to mind."

"They didn't mind as in they didn't care or they didn't mind as in they accepted it as your choice?"

"There's a difference?"

"Yeah, there is, if they didn't care they probably wouldn't have cared two years ago either but they did care and would've interfered. That they accept it as your choice means they've relinquished the control to you, as an adult. You brought a man home with you; you're living in his house and using his cars. You made a point of taking him in town to show him off to others. As a parent of an adult female child who did all that what would you think?"

Again she paused before answering. "I would think she was attached to the guy, they were a couple."

"I think so too. If you add in the incident that brought us together with the rest of that story and the visit from your dad and from Junior, how we BOTH talked with them, I think we just came up with why your family thinks we ARE a couple. How do you feel about it? Are you okay with them having that perception of us, of you?"

"I don't know. I have to digest it all."

"Something else for you to digest, despite the fact you have your own bedroom, in my house one or more of them may believe we're sleeping together and I mean in more than the mostly platonic way we have those few times we did."

"Then why wouldn't I have had us together in one bedroom at home?"

"I don't know, maybe so we weren't throwing it in their face? That we didn't share a bedroom allows them to salve their conscience that we're not sleeping together even though they may suspect otherwise. Who knows what they think for sure. Your parents may believe you're virginal but I wouldn't think your brothers have that same conviction."

"No, I guess not, especially if they think we're a couple."

"What I don't understand is what was it Tommy saw that has him thinking we're a couple. He said he saw us as a couple shortly after he came home on Wednesday. Did we do something then that would have given him the impression that we're a couple?"

"The only thing we did, that he might have taken note of, was when we did the kitchen clean up after dinner. That and we played cards after everyone else went to bed but I don't see why he would have seen us as a couple for that."

"I don't either. The only thing I can come up with is he's been talking with your family and he extrapolated our connection from them and us working in the kitchen."

"Like I said, Rob, I need to digest all this so I want to let it go, at least for tonight. On a separate matter, I didn't thank you properly for cooking the steaks last night. It was very nice of you, my dad was grateful and it made an impression on my mom. I think my brothers are going to catch heck for it though. Dad was serious at the table when he asked why they didn't volunteer to cook the way you did."

"I wasn't trying to cause them any problems. I was just trying to contribute as a way of thanking your folks for having me stay here for the Thanksgiving weekend. Besides which, you know I like to cook on the grill."

"Well, let me tell you, it didn't hurt your standing with my parents in any way, shape, or form. Maybe, just maybe, my brothers will learn from it too. That would be a good thing."

"Everyone seemed to like my Italian dressing marinade. I think Tommy thought there was something wrong with the steak when he first bit into it. No one, except you, knew I had marinated the steaks before we ate."

"You surprised Mom for sure. She asked me later if you always did that with steaks. I told her you usually did and that I really liked them that way. I think Dad is in for a surprise the next time he cooks on the grill because Mom is going to marinade the steaks the same way you did."

"As long as he likes them it's okay with me. If he doesn't like them I'm going to say it was your idea."

"Thanks buddy; you really are a rat sometimes."

It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. "Anytime I can help out a friend I do my best."

"Rob, you never told me how you feel about this. Are you okay with my family thinking we're a couple?"

"I don't see where I have a choice about what they think. Do you? They're there and we're here so I'm not sure it matters anyway, at least not to me. What they think is more important to you."

"I hadn't been thinking about it that way. I guess I just thought it would be important to you."

"It is important to me but not in the way you probably think. It's important to me for the effect it has on you. You're my friend, my housemate, I'm concerned about you and those things that upset you or distract you from what you need to do. I'm not talking about the housekeeping either. I'm talking about your studies."

"After the stink I raised with Dad when he was here, I can't let anything from home take away from my studies. I've been doing well and I've got to keep on doing well."

"There is a positive side to all this, Kay. When we had that discussion with your parents, last night, they didn't seem to be upset, in the least, with us as a couple. They didn't say anything negative about you being involved with me. I was a little surprised by that, after all I'm their age. That makes me old enough to be you father."

"They've always told me I'm older than my age and that may be why your age doesn't bother them."

"It may contribute to why you haven't had a successful relationship yet too. You've been trying to connect with guys in your age range, physical age, not intellectual age."

"Could be I guess."

"We've been out here long enough, let's go in."

We had finished the bottle of wine I had brought out and it was getting late, we were still on Kansas time. We got out and after wrapping up in towels, we shut down and covered up the hot tub before going back into the house.

"I'm more than willing to continue this conversation; we have to, but not tonight. I have work to do tomorrow and will be at it all day I know. You have class."

"Okay, Rob, we'll talk more tomorrow."

I checked the house was locked up and the alarm system active before I headed to my room. My shower was quick and I went to bed. I didn't even try to read before going to sleep.

In the morning Kay and I crossed paths in the kitchen. I was having a grapefruit and she had a yogurt. She was on her way to school when I went to my office. I had some catching up to do. I was at it all day, only taking a short break for a sandwich at lunch time. I was still working away when Kay stuck her head in to let me know she was back from the campus.

"Still at it I see."

"Yeah, I expected it to be like this so it's not a surprise. The good thing is there haven't been any problems I can't handle from the desk here. I had to call two of my clients to let them know they had minor problems but nothing requiring me to make a site visit, yet. It helped that most places were closed for the holiday weekend. I still have a couple of hours work to do before I knock off for today."

"Then I'll leave you be. I'm fixing a chef salad for dinner. Do you want one?"

"Yes, please."

"I'll have it in the refrigerator when you're ready."

"Thanks." She headed towards the interior of the house and I turned back to my work.

About six, I'd had enough and quit for the day. The offices of my clients were all closed for the most part.

I went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. There were two salads in there so I knew Kay was waiting to eat with me. I grabbed the salads and took them to the table. "I've got the salads; do you want soda or iced tea to drink?"

"I'll have tea, please. I'll help you with the dressings and silverware."

We were settled at the table and eating. "The salads are a good idea. Your family puts a lot of food on the table. I don't mean just the Thanksgiving meal either. I don't know how you stayed so slim with the meals your mom puts out."

"It never seemed to be a problem, for any of us. We were always moving or doing something that had us burning calories."

"Yeah, but that's not us here and now. I don't know about you but after visiting your home I've got to cut down on my intake and get more exercise. Starting tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, I've got to get out on the bike or take a walk or get in a swim every day."

"I'll join you, if you don't mind the company."

"I haven't minded the company since I pulled you out of the harbor. Exercising with someone is better; talking makes the time go by."

"Good. Are you up for more talking?"

"Sure, but before we continue from last night I have a question for you. Have you got the Christmas schedule from school yet?"

"Yeah, but why?"

"I want to make the flight arrangements for our trip to Florida."

"You're going to take me with you?"

"Uh, yeah, your dad made it pretty clear you needed to come with me."

"You're taking me with you because my dad said you needed to?"

"Well, that and I think it's time for you to meet my folks."

She sat and ate a couple of bites of her salad before she spoke again. "I seem to remember a conversation we had about you bringing someone home to meet your parents. Does this mean you think I'm acceptable to them?"

"No, it means you're acceptable to me and I'm not ashamed to introduce you to them. They'd accept anyone I bring home and would make them feel welcome. I'm the one with the standards that won't let me bring just anyone home with me."

"So I'm acceptable to you? You're not ashamed to introduce me to them?"

"You're more than acceptable to me and I would not be ashamed to introduce you to anyone I know."

"What are they going to think when you bring me home with you?"

"Probably the same thing your parents think. There is a difference, though. If I tell them there's nothing to it they'll believe me and won't push it. I also don't have any brothers or sisters to tell there's nothing going on. I need to know if you WANT to go to Florida with me knowing all that."

"If I don't want to go with you, what do I do?"

"You can do whatever you want to. I'll even spring for your air fare to go home again. I'll still need to know the dates for school."

"You'd do that? You'd buy me tickets to go home instead of with you?"

"I'd be disappointed, but yes, I'd buy your tickets for you."

"I'll double check with the school tomorrow on the dates for you. I don't want you disappointed and I don't dare tick off my dad. Get tickets for Florida, if you want me to go with you, that is."

"Florida it is. I'll let my folks know. Just like you, I don't dare surprise my mom with an unexpected guest. I'd be in big trouble and my dad wouldn't bail me out of it."

"I'll tell Mom and Dad when I call them Wednesday so they know I won't be home for Christmas. It shouldn't be a big surprise to them."

We had finished the salads and cleaned up, then went into the great room.

"What else do you want to talk about?"

"You remember that study group we talked about before we went to Kansas?"

"What about it?"

"I met with the guys today and they like the idea of meeting here, as long as you're still okay with it."

"No problem."

"Twice a week?"

"As long as you're here when the group meets, it's fine with me. You can meet as many times as you want. Do you want to work inside or at the pool?"

"Inside, this is supposed to be for work not play and it's getting too cool to stay outside."

"How many people are we talking about?"

"Including me, five. We'll probably bring in pizza or Chinese food each night."

"Am I invited?"

"Absolutely, I'll make sure of it."

"Speaking of pizza, have you seen Billy, the pizza guy?"

"Not since the last time we had pizza. Why?"

"No reason, just curiosity. So he hasn't been passing you any more messages?"

"No, I haven't run into him on or off campus."

"I'll make sure the Wi-Fi network is up for you." I changed topics so she wouldn't question me about Billy any more.

"Thanks for that, Rob."

"No sweat. I know it's early but I'm still tired from our weekend, so I'm going to head for bed. G'nite, Kay."

"Good night, Rob."

I took my shower and read in bed for a while before I turned off my light and turned over to go to sleep.

I was sound asleep and dreaming that I had a soft but firm something or someone comfortably snuggled up against my back, cuddling, just cuddling. It wasn't an overtly sexual snuggle, but it was the best snuggle I could remember, ever. It was so comfortable and I was so happy. It was pleasant; more than pleasant, it felt natural, like it was meant to be. My dream ended and I drifted back to the unconsciousness of sleep with a happy glow.

When my alarm went off I awoke with a smile, remembering that wonderful dream. Then I thought I had three arms. I was laying on my right side with my right arm supporting my head under my pillow. My left arm was laid across my chest. My other left arm was laid across my stomach below the arm on my chest. My other left arm?!? My eyes opened then and I used my right hand to follow that second left arm back to where it originated. Of course to do that I had to roll over onto my back, which was a little difficult, there was someone in the way. Kay was snuggled up, tight to my back.

"Good morning, Kay?"

"Good morning, Rob. Do you know how great a guy you are?"

"Uh, that's not a question that I've come up against before. I can't say it's something I've thought about."

"Well, you are the greatest guy I know. The greatest I've ever come in contact with."

"I don't know about that but I think pretty highly of you too. It doesn't explain why I'm waking up with you in my bed again. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I am confused."

"I'm not, I think I'm right where I want to be, maybe where I should be."

"Ohhhkay ... I think."

"Shoot, look at the time, I've got to get moving and get dressed. I can't be late for my first class."

She got out of bed and I noted she was in her usual night time garb.

"Well, I don't have anywhere to be so I'll make the coffee."

I went into the kitchen and got the coffee going. I also got out a yogurt and a banana for her. When she came into the kitchen, she was in shorts and a polo shirt.

"Thanks, Rob. Are you going to be here when I get back? It's an early day for me and I'll have the study group with me. I want them to meet you."

"I should be here."

She walked out of the kitchen looking back over her shoulder. "I'll see you later."

I hit my office and got to it for the day. Just before lunch I had a call from one of my local clients. They wanted me to come out about an expansion they were planning and wanted my input for their computer equipment requirements. After talking a bit about what they were looking to do, I set up the appointment for Thursday. It wouldn't hurt any to take their I.T. manager to lunch. I knew they were happy with my service but I wanted to keep them happy.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.