The Skeleton From the Cupboard: Sarah and Frank - Cover

The Skeleton From the Cupboard: Sarah and Frank

Copyright© 2013 by Duna

Chapter 6: The confrontation with the past

Frank:

I went home, arriving earlier than Susan. It was good, because Jenny was at her boyfriend's. They were above eighteen years old, so it was not my business. I was sitting in the living room, when Susan arrived. I was calm, because I decided my future four months earlier. The divorce documents were with me, so I wanted only a last honest confrontation, but no more. When she entered the living room, she knew something was wrong.

She looked at me and asked, "Frank what's the matter? Why are you sitting in such a sad state here?"

I began straight, "Susan sometimes the past comes back and bites us in our ass."

Susan stood astonished in the living room.

I carried on, "I'm divorcing you, but I think you have the right to know the reason"

Susan looked at me and said. "I don't understand you, what you are saying?"

I said, "I want a divorce and I want to tell why."

Susan exclaimed questioning, "Have you got somebody? Have you got a younger slut?"

I answered slightly angry at the referral to Sarah as slut, "Yes I have somebody, but she is NOT A SLUT! Nor is she young and I wouldn't have had her at all, if the skeleton hadn't come out from the closet."

She became a little hysterical, "What skeleton you speak about? I haven't any secret! I'm innocent of your accusation!"

I riposted, "Do you remember James Miller or Jimmy Miller?"

I saw Susan taken aback for a wink, but she regained the power of denial, "He was my ex-boss and we hadn't any affair. I didn't have an love affair with him or any others."

I knew it was the time for the coup the grace, so I presented the evidence, "You aren't innocent, because I've DNA evidence between Jenny and him! Stop lying!"

She was interrupted becoming silent and began sobbing. She surrendered with tears.

"My daughter, Jenny's sperm donor was James Miller! This is a fact. So it's stupidity to deny this. The only thing left to say for you is this was a single thing or sexual harassment, but I'll spare you from the newer lies. I read James Miller's letter about your yearlong affair."

She sat down and wept, so I continued. "I was faithful to you and my wedding oath. If I had been a cheating bastard, reconciliation would have a chance. Yes you cheated and IF I HAD cheated we could have mutually forgiven each other, but I'm leaving you."

Susan began with wiping her eyes. "I can see, you decided to end our marriage. I'm sincere I only had this affair during our marriage. If you believe or don't believe it."

"Susan it might be you had only this one long time affair, but I don't trust you. I knew a woman who was sixty years old, but in good shape. She wanted to cheat on her husband with a younger man. She talked about her long time husband, as he was piece of shit. I was that young man she spoke to, this was before we ever met. So I don't trust you," I explained.

She looked at me weeping, "So we haven't any chance?"

I closed her last hope for reconciliation, "If I were deadly ill, like your late lover Jimmy, who had his lung cancer, I would remain with you. You would take care of me until my death, so you could atone for your betrayal. However I'm healthy so I can re-start my life with another woman."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.