Magic Ink V: The Third Reality
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Forget what you know about American History. In the Third Reality, the British won the American War for Independence. The Eternal Flame is sending the O'Connells there to correct things. It won't be a good day or year for the British.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

The Eternal Flame appeared above the Glen just as Mother Shannon finished, and all of us immediately switched our attentions to It. It didn't seem surprised to see our Parents here, nor that there were three more people here apparently wanting to go with us.

"I see that everyone has arrived, so I'll proceed with the briefing on the problem that I would like your help with. I'll begin by outlining the recent history of the Third Reality. To begin with there is even less Magic use in the Third Reality than in your Reality. There is just as much Magic available, so you will have a distinct advantage over those who you must deal with.

"This assignment will involve dealing with problems created when the British won the American War of Independence. The year that you will be going to is the year 1800, some nineteen years after the war concluded.

"I won't go over the entire war, as the war in both Realities started in the same way, and the same errors and mistakes were made in both Realities up to a certain point. It was at this point that the two Realities diverge significantly. That point involves decisions made by King Louis XVI of France, and several different, but better decisions made by the British Army Commanders in the Third Reality.

"While Louie and his advisers had been persuaded by Franklin and Lafayette to support the American cause, it was mostly about gaining revenge on the British for the losses the French had suffered during the Seven Years War, that caused them to help the Americans. To this end, they initially offered material aid and some Military advisers. Finally, they did send some troops and provide some naval support to bolster the American cause.

"The King Louis in the Third Reality, however, was a more cautious and frugal individual than the one in your Reality, and he paid closer attention to just what was being spent in aid to the Americans. By 1780, he quietly decided that France had contributed more than enough aid, and should cut back on spending there. When Count de Rochambeau arrived in Newport, Rhode Island in 1781, he had only two thousand troops with him instead of the eleven thousand that he had in your Reality. Word had also gone out to Admiral de Grasse in the West Indies to hold the majority of his fleet there, and to only provide token support to the Americans from then on.

"As in your Reality, the British severely over estimated the loyalist support that they would have in the Southern Colonies, and lost what little support they had when British troops raided farms and plantations in search of food, plus Tarleton's 'Dragoons' had massacred men who were actually supporters of the British position, causing more people in the South to desert the British cause.

"General Cornwallis was in a somewhat better position when he reached Yorktown, Virginia in the Third Reality having lost fewer troops then he did in your Reality. He waited there to be resupplied and reinforced by General Clinton in New York.

"French General Rochambeau convinced Washington to attack Cornwallis at Yorktown to end the war rather than to attack General Clinton in New York, who it was believed was better prepared to face him than Cornwallis was. Washington reluctantly agreed to the plan providing Admiral de Grasse would bring his fleet of twenty-nine warships from the West Indies to cut off Cornwallis' avenue of resupply by the Royal Navy. The American and French troops left White Plains, New York in the summer of 1781, but never reached Yorktown in Virginia.

"Admiral de Grasse, taking the King's message seriously, only sent a token force to the Chesapeake Bay in early August to blockade Cornwallis in Yorktown. They were soon challenged by a much stronger British Navy fleet. After several engagements, the entire French force in the Chesapeake was sunk, and word of their defeat never reached de Grasse, or Washington. Meanwhile Cornwallis was reinforced and re-supplied.

"Clinton in New York had taken notice of Washington's departure, or at least his people had, and sent word to Cornwallis. He also made plans to follow Washington and trap him between his forces and Cornwallis's. Cornwallis broke out of Yorktown on the 1st of September 1781. At the time, he was only opposed by General Lafayette with some three thousand ill-equipped American Continentals along with a few local militia units. He left behind a blocking force of some one thousand men to keep them from following him, or warning Washington.

"Cornwallis met and blocked Washington's advance in Northern Virginia in the vicinity of the town of Fredricksburg. The British Navy had ships in the Potomac River to support him. As Washington prepared to battle Cornwallis to his front, word arrived of Clinton's forces closing in on his rear elements. The hastily planned battle did not go well for the Americans, and Clinton's advance forces hit them from the rear during the battle.

"The French under Rochambeau surrendered and were eventually repatriated to France. Those American units that could, fled toward the mountains in western part of Virginia, leaving a trail of dead and wounded behind them. The remainder of the American units were decimated, but a few prisoners were taken to be hung later after being court-martialed. Washington was later found by the British seriously wounded and ill at his home at Mount Vernon near Alexandria. He died of his wounds before they could hang him." The Eternal Flame paused there before continuing. We had all been paying very close attention to what he was telling us.

"The French came out of the war in relatively good shape, due to King Louis's cost-cutting measures. There was no Financial Crisis in 1786, and the French Revolution hasn't happened yet, as it did in your Reality. Things didn't work out all that well for King Louis however. For abandoning the Americans, he was poisoned by his relative, the Marquis de Lafayette, a few years after the war ended.

"Winning the war and retaining the colonies had cost the British dearly. They estimate that it cost them twelve million Pounds a year, and they ended the war some two hundred fifty million Pounds in debt. There was now also the additional cost of maintaining a large military force in the colonies for the foreseeable future to control them. Trade with the colonies had also fallen apart during the war, causing British merchants, especially the tobacco industry, to suffer. The export market had dried up also. Neither the Government, Parliament, nor Business were inclined to allow this to pass.

"New, even more burdensome taxes, were imposed on the colonies, and the price of all goods exported to them rose also. Of course, a total ban on the importation of goods from other countries had been implemented. Exports from the colonies were paid for at lower prices and were only allowed to go to British merchants.

"The British Army and some loyalists had done their best to round up all of the major figures in the American Government, and those that supported the Revolution in addition to a number of minor figures. Most had been hanged, or sent to slave camps in the British West Indies. Later, curfews were implemented in all of the major cities and towns to keep people from meeting at night, and to keep them from slipping away to the frontier.

"All of that is just background though. There were two unexpected outcomes from the war that had not been foreseen by either side. The first was the response of the 'overmountain men', as those from the mountains and the frontier were called, at the Battle of King's Mountain where Major Ferguson's forces were defeated, and he lost his life. The British had not considered them a threat, nor had any idea of their numbers.

"The second was the effectiveness of Colonel Tarleton's Light Infantry, variously called his Legion, or his Dragoons. In the rugged mountains country of North Carolina and all along the Appalachians in addition to other mountain and forested areas, they were well suited to continue the war against those who were west of the mountains. The traditional European approach to land warfare was not appropriate to these areas.

"It is now 1800 and close to twenty years after the war in the Third Reality, and the fighting still continues. The British continue to send expeditions, and raiding forces into the mountains, and to the west of them to try to secure the land there. Their officers have been promised large estates on the other side of the mountains when they take control of the area. The Ohio River is a particularly favored route as are several other easy passages like the Cumberland Gap. All of their expeditions have met fierce resistance from those living in the mountains and west of them. The areas directly on either side of the mountains have become a no-man's-land because of this.

"The British have also tried sending expeditions along the Gulf Coast. They have had their own version of 'the Creek Wars' as the Indians there have fiercely resisted them. This is because the French in New Orleans have brought the Indians to their side by claiming that the British want their lands. Which of course they do also, but not immediately. The French in New Orleans have a very lucrative trade going with the Americans upriver from them. The new French King is making much money from the Americans west of the mountains, and the fur trade even further west to the Rocky Mountains. He keeps a strong Army presence there, in addition to a large Naval presence in the Gulf.

"During the eighteenth century, some 600,000 Irish and Scots immigrated to the colonies. That is a substantially larger number than in your Reality. This was in addition to the many Englishmen and others seeking religious freedom. Additionally, there were many Germans and Dutch who also immigrated there.

"Even before the war, a substantial number of the Irish and Scots immigrants had moved into, and then west of, the Appalachians seeking more freedom and free land. Following the war, this movement has continued as now many, not just the Irish and the Scots, flee British control with their high prices, new laws, and the other restrictions that they have imposed. The British, of course, invoked even tougher restrictions to try to stem the flow of colonists to the west, and many have died in their attempts to escape.

"After the coastal colonies were secured again, the King and Parliament demanded that the Army take action to defeat this 'rabble', as they termed those west of the mountains, and to bring the land and those on it under British control. To accomplish this, the Army began sending the most belligerent, bloodthirsty, cruel, and sadistic of its officers, the ones who usually caused them the most trouble and embarrassment, to the colonies where they are posted to the farthermost western posts where they can practice their various traits against those west of the mountains.

"This, of course, has been answered in kind by those west of the mountains, who have adopted the tactics of the Indians as far as reprisals and torture are concerned. These tactics, while not condoned by their leaders, are a fact of life there, and while usually only used against the British Army, and not civilians, are still brutal in the extreme.

"Those west of the mountains, who call themselves Americans, have set up a government of their own. They were guided in this by Jefferson's Declaration of Independence. Jefferson was one of the leaders who managed to escape the British net following the war, and he and others have guided the westerner's efforts to create a country of free and independent people.

"They cannot continue to suffer these constant British attacks and still develop as a nation. It requires entirely too much of their limited energy and resources for them to continue in this mode, and that doesn't even consider the constant danger that many of them are in. Also, the people in the coastal colonies cannot suffer under the stringent British rule for much longer without there being another uprising that will kill many. The British must be removed from North America, and you will be going there to assist in that task," the Eternal Flame finished.

We had all been listening intently, and had been shocked by the content of the briefing that the Eternal Flame had given. The extent of the problem left us slack jawed. Many of us looked around to see how the others had taken this news.

"That sounds like a huge assignment, even for all of these young people," my Dad remarked to the Eternal Flame when He had finished.

"And it could take a rather long time to accomplish," Uncle Pat added. Our other relatives hadn't said anything yet and didn't appear to have recovered from what they had heard either.

"They will only need to remain until the British are removed and are no longer a threat. I will have all of them back here in time for the start of school this fall," the Eternal Flame assured all of us.

"You males will need strong outdoor clothing and boots fit for long walks and horseback riding for this assignment. The females will need similar clothing, but no pants. They weren't worn by females in that time period. Ask your Grandmothers Margie and Katie what kinds of clothes women wore when they were growing up, to get an idea of what to wear. Eventually, all of you will need to change to locally produced clothing, but for the initial contact period and until you are established, the different clothing you are wearing will set you apart from the inhabitants and give you an advantage," It told us.

"You will need to take some large knives, pocket knives, axes, or tomahawks with you also. These are not for fighting, but for performing everyday chores. You will also require large backpacks, sleeping bags, blankets, other camping gear, and extra clothing on this assignment. I will return for you on the afternoon of Friday the 20th of June. You should be prepared to leave by then," It told us before it vanished. We were all just standing there in shock, and staring at where It had been for a few seconds after that.

"Friday!!" D & D said together in shock. "How can we be ready by then?" the pair squealed.

"We need to talk to our Grandmothers -- like now!" C & C told the other women before all of them disappeared.

"We'll get a bus to take all of you into town in an hour, or so, to see what you can obtain at the sporting goods store," my Dad told those of us remaining in the Glen. We returned to our houses then. Wolf and I went to our closets to see what we presently had that would fulfill the requirements that the Eternal Flame had set. Wolf soon came into my room with a huge smile on his face.

"I just knew that this would come in handy someday!" he delightedly told me. He was brandishing a single-edged knife with a fifteen inch long blade in one hand and a leather scabbard in the other.

"What the heck is that?" I asked in surprise.

"It's a real Scottish Dirk," he told me, as he returned the knife to its scabbard.

"Where did you get that?" I asked him.

"I got it on one of our trips to visit my Mother's clan. She was really upset that I had it at first, but Grandfather Wolfgang told her that a man needed a good weapon in case of danger. Mother Gretchen pointed out to him that I was already a Master Wizard, and could more than take care of myself, but she let me keep it anyway. It came with extras," he told me and pulled a small knife and fork set from the brass bands around the scabbard. "It even has eating utensils," he said me with a smile.

"Well, you had better get a spoon also. I seem to remember a lot of soups and stews from our trips to our relatives in the Other Reality, and I don't expect where we are going to be much different," I told him.

"We should think about a quick trip to see our relatives in the Other Reality. They would have the kind of clothes, and other things that we will need on the frontier!" Wolf told me. I had to admit that it was an excellent idea, at least in part.

"Well, I'm going to take my Buck folder for sure, and a small pocket knife as well. I'll see what else I want to take later," I told him, as I continued to check the clothing in my closet.

Shortly, our Sisters returned and were they upset.

"Where are we going to find the kind of dresses that our Grandmothers described?" Amelia asked, as she and my other Sisters appeared, and walked down the hall toward their rooms.

"We're going to the Other Reality, to see what our Relatives recommend for clothes," Wolf told her and the others, coming out of his room across the hall.

"Why didn't we think of that?" a surprised Anann asked.

"Let's go to town first, and see about footwear, backpacks, and camping stuff first," I told them. "Then we'll know what we will need to find in the Other Reality," I added.

"Yes, I've heard that wearing moccasins is just slightly better than going barefoot," Wolf told us.

"That sounds good," Gwyn agreed. "Then we'll know what else to look for and to ask our relatives about."

The shuttle bus soon arrived, and we all loaded on it. Dad and Uncle Pat accompanied us. We stopped at the big outdoor-sporting-goods store in Statesboro.

We found some fine boots and mountain-climbing shoes there. We each got two pairs and a number of pairs of socks. Next were backpacks -- large ones, sleeping bags, and blankets, plus some camping gear and freeze dried food to take along. We ran up quite a tab, but our Fathers paid for everyone's gear without complaining.

We had discussed traveling to the Other Reality to see our relatives there about clothing with our Dads on the way into town. At the sporting goods store, they suggested that we try some of the other stores at the mall for clothes first, but agreed that we could all go tomorrow and see what they suggested. We would also be looking for knives, as we hadn't cared for the selection at the sporting goods store.

After putting our new things away on returning home, Seamus, Wolf, Carl, and I along with Gerald and James went to work on the crops in the fields. We were joined shortly after starting by our Mage Sisters, C & C, and D & D, who came to help us. Our other sisters and Jillian helped their Moms around the house and in the garden.

That evening Jillian appeared in my room. She was just wearing a nighty and slippers, and looked absolutely terrific.

"Hi, Mark!" she whispered in a sexy voice.

"Hi, Jill!" I answered as I took in her appearance before she came into my arms, and we kissed for a long time. Following that, we helped each other out of what we were wearing before Jill led me over to the bed and pulled me down on herself. She was already breathing fast and shaking when I entered her. Our love making was hard and fast that first time, and we both collapsed after finishing nearly together.

"Hold me, Mark!" Jill requested while recovering. She was still shaking and breathing somewhat rapidly.

"Are you okay, Jill?" I asked after wrapping my arms around her and pulling her to me.

"Yes. I'm just a little apprehensive about this mission. I didn't think that it would involve fighting the entire British Army," she told me.

"Not the whole British Army," I assured her with a smile. "And you are a Master Sorceress, and have your wards, and can cast the defensive shell and other spells. There isn't anything for you to worry about," I further assured her.

"But there are only a few of us!" she protested in a squeaking voice.

"We will have a lot of the people there that will be helping us," I reminded her, and then smiled again. "Actually, it's the other way around. We will be helping them, but in any event, we won't be working alone. There will be many others there to help." This seemed to reassure her somewhat, and she closed her eyes. I could soon tell that she was asleep from her shallow, regular breathing. I quickly followed her into sleep. Our second time, later that night, was long, slow, and very passionate. We again came almost together. Jill didn't go back to sleep this time however.

"I need to return home," Jill told me in a soft voice after cleaning up some. "My Parents will be suspicious if I'm missing when they get up," she told me before kissing me again and then transferring home. I remembered to cancel the privacy and noise suppression spells before returning to sleep for what remained of the night.

We were all up early the next morning, and met in the Glen just after 6:00 AM to transfer to Frankfurt in the Other Reality. We were all wearing our Master's robes, as they told who we were, and people there have great respect for Wizards and their Magic. We all appeared in the courtyard of the Grand Master's Residence, shocking the guards there. Fortunately, some of our Cousins were nearby and the situation was easily resolved. Shortly after that most of them appeared to greet us. The women all went off together to discuss clothes. Our male Cousins took charge of us guys. Only eight of them were presently available, as the two oldest were busy with their Fathers.

"What are you all up to?" they asked us.

"The Eternal Flame has a mission for us. It's in a new Reality," Seamus told them.

"We need to see about knives and axes," I told them.

"And some outdoor clothing," Carl added. The five of us frowned at him for that remark.

"We already have clothes," James stated.

"It wouldn't hurt to have some other clothes," Carl told him.

"Okay, and some outdoor clothes in addition," I told to our Cousins.

"We'll take you to the cutlery shops," they told us.

"We don't need eating utensils," Wolf told them, and pulled out his dirk. "We need something more substantial," he told them holding it up.

"Where did you get that?" he was asked in shock.

"At my Mother's clan," he told them.

"Maybe you should try there," our Cousins suggested.

"Inform our Sisters that we are going to visit my Mother's clan to see about weapons when they return," Carl told our Cousins. We all joined hands then, and transferred to the town where Mother Petra's clan resided.

People there were also surprised when the six of us appeared in the town square, but we went to Grandfather Carl's Manor and were quickly admitted.

"Well, well, to what do I owe the honor of this visit?" Grandfather asked, when we were ushered into his presence, after he was advised of our arrival.

"We need to buy some large outdoor knives and axes, Grandfather," young Carl told him.

"Well, you have come to the right place. We have a number of smiths turning out knives, swords, and various types of axes in addition to other types of edged weapons," Grandfather Carl told us. He then called in one of his Sons, Gustoph, and told him to take us to the knife makers' shops. Their shops were on a narrow, winding, but busy street along with those of other craftsmen. Gus led us to one shop in particular.

"This is my Uncle's shop," he told us. There were various types of knives on display in the front of the shop, and the noise of several hammers at work in the back. Shortly an older man came into the front of the shop.

"I've brought you some customers, Uncle," Gus told the man.

"What can I do for you, Masters?" the older man asked, taking in our Wizards' robes.

"We require knives and axes for use in forested areas," I told him.

"We have a number of designs for heavy duty knives, but you will need to visit my Brother's shop for axes," he told us before bringing out a number of samples of large and medium size knives for us to examine.

I selected a knife with a blade about twelve inches long and an inch-and-a-quarter wide. It was nearly a quarter inch thick at the back and tapered toward the front. It had a simple brass guard and a long antler handle with a slight curve. It came with a nice sheath. Seamus selected a similar knife.

The others selected shorter knives with eight or nine inch blades, and pinned wooden handles plus a brass guard and end-cap. The old knife maker seemed happy to have so many sales at once, but looked at Wolf, who hadn't selected a knife.

"Aren't you interested in a knife, young Master?" he asked Wolf, who then brought out his Scottish dirk to show him.

"A fine weapon! May I examine it more closely?" the old knife maker asked. Wolf handed him the dirk after returning it to its sheath. The old man examined it very carefully for some time before returning it.

"A very fine weapon. How did you come by it?" he asked, with a professional curiosity.

"I received it from someone in my Grandfather Wolfgang's clan," Wolf told him.

"Ah! It shows excellent workmanship," the old knife maker told him. We paid him in Union coins before going to his Brother's shop to look at axes.

The Brother's shop was just down the street, and he appeared to be a few years younger than the knife maker. Again Gus made the introductions. There were numerous types of axes and adzes on display in this shop. The axes ranged from large double-bit felling axes, to broad axes for trimming logs and beams, to the smaller carpenter's axes, and finally to belt axes, or tomahawks, as they were called in the New World, and forester's axes.

We all chose the type with an oval, tapered eye, and a short pole on the back which is useful for driving the occasional nail, or tent stakes. The handles are easily changed if broken also. We again paid with Union coins before returning to Grandfather Carl's manor house.

"Can you stay for a time?" Grandfather asked when we returned. I looked at the others to see what they thought.

"Jillian and the others will be here eventually," James told us. "After they grow tired of looking at dresses, that is," he added.

"We could be old men by then," young Carl told us, and we all laughed.

"Are your Sisters here also? What about your Parents? Is Petra here?" Grandfather asked, expectantly.

"No, sir. Our Sisters are here, but we came by ourselves. We are getting ready for a mission for the Eternal Flame," young Carl told our Grandfather.

"A mission! Where to?" the older Carl asked with enthusiasm.

"It's in a different Reality. We'll be helping the people there throw off an oppressor," young Carl told him.

"And this mission will require all of you?" Grandfather asked in surprise.

"Yes. The area to be covered is quite extensive," young Carl told him.

Our Sisters and Cousins arrived in time for the evening meal, much to the distress of the young ladies from the clan who were present. The other young men there, however, were very glad to see them. They wore some of the new dresses that they had purchased in Frankfurt, and carried their Wizard robes. They arrived much too late to go shopping for knives today though.

Fortunately, it was summer and warm here, so the evening meal was served on the lawn behind the Manor House. The number of people attending far exceeded the capacity of the Manor's formal dining room. Tables and chairs had been set up outside, and the area was lit by a string of Magic-powered lanterns. We all had an enjoyable meal and were engaged in conversation by those of the opposite sex from the clan, who wanted to know where we were going, and what we would be doing. There were many innuendos of later conversations of a private nature also.

There had been plenty to eat and quite a bit to drink to go along with the pleasant conversation. A young woman named Elke had picked me to be her companion for the dinner, and she made it plain that she expected me to remain with her for the rest of the night. Elke was a good looking girl with long brown hair and large breasts. She was, however, taller than I prefer at around 5'-9" tall, and not a dainty little flower, but a well built girl. I did notice during the meal that some of the young men present from the clan seemed quite confused when a pair of our twin Sisters would attach themselves to them. Two women at a time seemed a bit hard for some of them to understand.

Later that evening, our companions, both male and female, led us away from the dining location and out into the dark. Elke led me to her Parents' house. There was a very brief introduction to her Parents before she led me up to her bedroom.

Arriving there, I quickly cast my wards in the walls, floor and ceiling of the room in addition to casting the privacy spell and the noise suppression spell. This had become fairly standard for us when engaged in sex. Tonight unbeknownst to Elke, I also cast a modified pregnancy spell that would keep her from getting pregnant for the next two weeks or so. None of us wished to have children yet, especially children that were not of our own choosing.

Elke was very passionate, and quickly helped me out of my clothes. I helped her remove hers also. She certainly did have large breasts for a young girl, and I enjoyed sucking on them and playing with them, but she was anxious to have sex, and pulled me down on top of herself as soon as we reached the bed. I found her reasonably tight, and very much in need, as I entered her. She had a broad smile on her face when she saw the size of my cock, and I was certainly able to fill her up with it.

There was no long and slow with Elke. She wanted it hard and fast, and for as long as I could last. The first time was fairly short, but Elke was definitely loud, and I was glad that I had cast the noise spell. The second and third times that night were longer, and she was just as loud when having an orgasm, of which she had several each time.

In the morning, I awoke late to find Elke on the other side of the bed. I was just as glad to leave, as it had been a strenuous night. She awoke as I was dressing, and showed me out with a kiss, but didn't seem concerned that I was leaving. On reaching the manor, I found my Brothers, Sisters and Cousins there in various states of wakefulness and having breakfast. The only one that still had his date from last evening there with him was Gerald. She was a cute little thing, and they seemed quite interested in each other. Gerald later told me that her name was Erika, and they really liked each other a lot.

Chapter 3 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.