Accidental Attraction
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

The following morning saw rather more activity. After the repeated embarrassment of the bedpan two nurses descended on Reg for a bed bath.

"Two of you?" he asked.

"Yes," replied the older of the two solemnly but with a twinkle in her eye. "I'm here to make sure Yvonne behaves herself."

Reg went puce with embarrassment and Yvonne, the one who had teased him the previous day, giggled.

They stripped the bed clothes off him and efficiently fitted a towel under him. For the first time Reg was able to see his knee. It was heavily bandaged and a tube led to it. There was also a bandage down his shin.

"What's the tube for?"

"It siphons off blood to prevent it collecting inside the wound," replied the older nurse. "By the way, my name's Rita. While you're having your bath we'll be changing your dressings."

Reg was wearing a hospital gown which was stripped off him and a towel placed over his groin. The nurses quickly and efficiently washed him from his head down to his waist. Rita then shaved him with an electric razor.

Next they stripped the dressings off his knee and leg, gently washed them and re-dressed them. Rita handed him the flannel and said, "We'll leave you to do the intimate bits as best you can. Try and do your bum too but don't put any strain on your knee."

Both nurses went outside the screen. Reg did his business and then replaced the towel. He called them back in.

"Success?" asked Rita.

Reg nodded.

"Well done!" She smiled. "Wasn't as bad as you thought, was it?"

Reg shook his head.

"OK. Well, I'll leave Yvonne to finish off."

Yvonne slipped a clean gown over his head, pulled it down and then whisked his towel away.

"I heard you saved a girl when that box fell on you," she said softly.

Reg shrugged.

"I think it was very brave of you. Was it the one who visited you yesterday?"

Reg nodded.

"She's ever so pretty."

Reg nodded again.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

Reg looked at her in horror. "No!" he exclaimed. "She's the boss's daughter!"

"Oh!"

Reg did not notice the pleased look that flashed across her face.

It was not long after that that Mr Renfrew came round. He looked at Reg's record again.

"Good," he said. "Nice clean wounds. How are you feeling?"

"OK but I feel a bit sleepy all the time."

"That's the painkiller. That tube to your arm is feeding you a prescribed dose. We'll try cutting it down a bit tomorrow and see how you do."

"OK."

"The local paper wants an interview with you."

"Oh no!" Reg groaned.

Mr Renfrew smiled. "I know," he said. "The last thing you want but they'll go on badgering until they get their way. I've managed to put them off until the day after tomorrow but I doubt they'll accept any more."

Reg shrugged.

"Right! Later on this morning a physiotherapist will come and have a chat with you. The sooner you can start getting that knee of yours moving the better."

"OK."

"All right. I'll see you again tomorrow."

With a cheery wave he was gone.

Half an hour later the physiotherapist arrived. She was a large young woman with an ample bosom but her eyes were bright and she had a ready smile.

"Hello!" she said cheerfully. "My name's Anita and I'm the one who's going to give you pain."

"Oh!"

She chuckled. "Don't worry. Not much. I'm not a sadist but I will be encouraging you to push yourself. The more you can put into your physio the sooner you'll be healed.

Reg nodded. "Makes sense. I'll do my best."

"Good. Well, someone will be round to collect you after doctors' rounds tomorrow and bring you down to the torture chamber." She patted his hand and winked at him. Reg could not help but smile back at her.

"I won't stay now," she went on. "I'll examine you tomorrow and we'll make a plan of treatment."

She bounced off.

At two o'clock both Daphne and Eleanor arrived, virtually together. For no good reason Reg was embarrassed but made the introductions.

"You must be very proud of him, Mrs Woolstencroft," said Eleanor.

"I am but I could do without him being in this state."

"I bet. Me too. Look, I can't stay. I'm late back for work as it is. Reg, I promised I'd bring my CD player in. Here it is and a few CDs to start you off."

"Thanks very much, Miss Eleanor."

"Oh, Reg, drop the Miss. I hope we're going to be friends."

Reg smiled. "Thanks," he said. "I'd like that."

"Good! I've also brought you a monster jigsaw puzzle. You'll have to get the nurses let you have a big tray to do it on."

Reg gaped at her and then quickly pulled himself together.

"Thanks, Eleanor. That's very kind of you."

She smiled at him. "Thank my mother. It was her idea. I hope you like the picture."

Rex looked at it for the first time. "Snow-don from Cap-el Cu-rig," he read hesitantly. He looked up at Eleanor his eyes alight with pleasure. "Dad and I spent a weekend in Snowdonia a couple of years back. Oh, Eleanor, that's magic. Thank you very, very much."

That was the most she had ever heard him say at once and it thrilled her. She squeezed his hand.

"See you, Reg," she said. "Goodbye, Mrs Woolstencroft, I look forward to meeting you again when I'm not in such a rush."

She was gone but she did stop at the nurses' station to ask whether there were any other visiting hours because work made it difficult to come at two. She was relieved to learn there was another period from six to eight o'clock. She also mentioned a tray for the jigsaw puzzle.

"Goodness! What a nice girl!" enthused Daphne.

"Yes."

"Pretty too. You could worse than that, Reggie."

"Aw, come on, Mum. She's the boss's daughter."

"Well, she clearly likes you."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.