Our Parents Are Falling in Love - Cover

Our Parents Are Falling in Love

 

Chapter 10

We got the kit, there were three sets of buccal swabs, one for Stacy and me, and the third was for adding a parent to the mix. Since we think ... scratch that since Stacy thinks that Michael might be my father, we needed a method for getting his swab without his knowing it. Yes, that sounds incredibly stupid, but when you're in love, you do what you do.

We swabbed each other, which was kind of fun and sealed those up tight. Stacy's idea for Michael was to get him over to our place, and get him drunk enough to consent. Yeah, nothing can go wrong with that plan?


We started getting RSVPs and suddenly the wedding seemed real to me. Juan, Michael and I scheduled us for a fitting for tuxes. Stacy's best friends Gloria and Tiffany went to the same place for their bridesmaid's dresses. I didn't know either or them ... Juan did. He was clearly 'on the make' for Gloria, who was the bustier of the two young ladies. After two hours, the three guys left, not before Juan had Gloria's number in his phone. I used to be that guy, but falling in love changes you.

You become responsible, which pissed me off to no end. Especially the way June would say things. I open the door, she says, 'It's so nice to see the good manners return.' I pull out a chair, 'It's been ages since someone did that for me.'

I put up with it and her remarks eventually stopped. Either way, I do love my mother!

What's that expression, 'Keep it Simple Stupid?" Michael came over that night, and I said, "I'm working on genealogy and my instructor suggested we got DNA from everyone. Would you mind Michael?"

I figured if he knew, he would be nervous, but he responded, "Sure thing. I am a man of science."

I let Stacy do it. After she was finished, she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"What about me?" June asked.

To my rescue came Stacy, "We took some hair from your hair brush, June."

"Oh, all right," she said giving me a kiss nonetheless.

"Stacy and I are going out for a while. We want to give you some alone time," I said after taking Michael's DNA up to my room.

"We will be back in a couple of hours. I'll call first so you can get your clothes on!"

June slapped at me. Michael gave me a slap on the shoulder and a twenty.

We left.


With each passing day, Stacy and June got slightly more frenetic. Since I knew that my kisses calmed her down, Stacy was nearby every chance she had.

Eventually, the DNA results came back. I had been getting the mail before June every chance I had. I put the rest on the kitchen table, and I took the results up to my room where Stacy was waiting.

It felt like a single sheet of paper inside the envelope.

"So, open it already!" my fiancée said.

I did, and read it. After getting past the verbosity of the document, "We're half-siblings, Stacy—father in common, different mothers!"

She wrapped her arms around me, and we just hugged for a long time. I heard her crying.

"What's wrong Sis?"

That made her smile as she wondered, "Should we tell them?"

"I don't think we should," I answered quickly. "The weddings are so close. Maybe afterwards, after we both come back from our honeymoons."

"I like the way you think, bro!"


With a lot to do, Stacy and June were blurs. The wedding was 10 days away. The ladies proposed we went celibate during that time to 'make it feel better.'

Neither Michael nor I hesitated to agree to that. The lady's smiles were worth it. We were allowed to kiss them, and hold hands, but nothing else. I created a program on my laptop, and it was a countdown clock showing the wedding was in 237 hours and 45 minutes! Stacy thought that was cute.

School was out and we got 58 RSVPs, leaving us with plenty of room for the wedding and reception. With 44 hours and 27 minutes to go, we all found ourselves relaxing in the pool.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.