What Goes Up? - Cover

What Goes Up?

 

Chapter 1

I was through with college after four years, and Dad had promised me a job at his business when I graduated. So, he brought the Dodge Caravan, along with Mom and my 17-year-old sister Jenna, to help me move all the stuff I'd gotten over the last 48 months. I was glad that Jenna was coming - I hadn't seen her in almost two years. She was cute, with black hair that she always wore in pigtails. I could tell that when she blossomed, she would be very pretty.

They pulled up, knocked on my door, and the first one through was Jenna, jumping up on me and saying, "Robert, It's been two whole years — I missed you."

She gave me a little chaste kiss on the lips.

I let her down off me and saw just how beautiful she had gotten, which was significant. Her hair was shorter; her braces were off; she was wearing a tight t-shirt and short pants.

"Wow, Jenna — you're so beautiful — I knew you would be! Any boyfriends yet," I asked.

"She's only 17, Robert — She's on a tight leash at home; she's smarter than you were, working really hard to get in this same college," mom replied.

I gave her a hug as well, coming to the conclusion that Jenna was a 'chipette' off the old block — they were both very pretty and looked a lot alike.

"OK, stuff with a pink post-it on it goes home with me. Everything else stays here. I have already cleaned out the refrigerator, but there is cold bottled water in there, if you want some."

Dad and I picked up the bigger stuff and put it in first, after the TV and sound equipment he said, "Is this all going to fit, Robert?"

"I hope so, I already had a 'sale' of the stuff I thought I could live without, let's keep going," I said.

After a bit we all took a break, I got water for everyone, and we sat in the furniture that was staying.

"So, honey — are you leaving a trail of broken hearts behind as you come home to live and work with your father," mom asked?

"I was too busy with school work to deal with the whole 'girlfriend' stuff. I was focused — besides I had my hot Mom and beautiful sister back at home to look forward to," I said.

Dad looked at his watch and said, "Well; this stuff isn't going to pack itself, let's finish up ... we could get home before it gets too late if we hustle."

After 45 more minutes, all we had left were three big boxes of schoolbooks and other stuff.

As we walked out, Dad said, "There's no more room, Robert — what now?"

"Oh, Daddy — put it on the seat; if I have to, I can just sit on Robert's lap for the trip home, is that all right with you?"

Surprised was not ... quite the word that came to mind, but the idea appealed to ... part of me!

"Sure, guys — its only three hours to home; anyhow, Jenna probably weighs 110-115 pounds?"

She turned around and looked at me and said, "I have never weighed 110 pounds, Robert!" then, turned and got in the van.

"Honey, don't you know that you never discuss a girl's weight in front of her," mom said.

"I do now!" I asserted.

It wasn't the seat right behind Mom and Dad that we'd be sitting on — it would be the back seat. With the seat against the window now full of boxes, I got in, then she got in and Dad closed the door.

They got in the front seat, and we were heading home. Jenna wasn't heavy; I was just giving her a hard time. She was pouting a little though.

I whispered, "Jenna?"

She responded, "WHAT?"

"I'm sorry — I should know better than to say something as mean spirited sounding as that must've sounded."

"It's OK, Robby," she replied.

"Gosh, you haven't called me that in years, Jenna — did you know I never liked anybody else calling me that except my cutey-pie sister?"

"Really," she said, lying back putting her head against my chest. I put my arms around her as she did this, worried she may slip off me.

"That feels nice Robby. I've never let a boy put his arms around me like you're doing right now," she said.

"It's awfully quiet back there — everyone OK," mom yelled?

"We're fine," we said practically together.

"Are you OK with me on you like this Robby? I don't want to hurt you or break anything important?" she said with a giggle.

"Don't worry Jen, I'm OK for now, but that tight t-shirt and short pants you're wearing did have me worried, but I'm OK," I replied.

"What's wrong with my T-shirt?"

"Dad turned on the AC, and your T-shirt has some bumps that weren't there earlier," I said.

I saw her look down and got real quiet.

"You are a beautiful young lady, Jen — it's a very good thing that I'm your brother, or this trip with you on my lap would be very different."

"You mean ... Oh ... I think I feel what you mean, big brother?" she whispered. "Did I cause that?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.