The Bells of Home - Cover

The Bells of Home

Copyright© 2012 by Invid Fan

Chapter 15

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Sequel to The Bells of Tanah. Almost a year has past. Our heros have traveled across the galaxy, in their supermarket spaceship The Bells. Love is in the air. Babies are coming. Life, as they say, is good. Life is also pain. Can Humans and Orang overcome the obstacles in their way? Can they, in fact… find a new home?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Humor   Space   Furry   non-anthro   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story

Hannah paused at the break in the path.

Her doubts about her intentions, the wisdom of this choice, were washed away by the sight in the darkness before her. Sarah lay, on the grassy patch they had given her, curled up in a ball. Her black fur blended into the shadows, faintly outlined in the dim light that was midnight in the ship garden, but Hannah's eyes had adjusted well. The large furry tail twitched, as if bad dreams tormented the poor girl. It was doubtful she was asleep, though. Not tonight.

Hannah glanced around. She needed backup. Someone to help her, keep her from backing down. The garden was empty, though, the store dark and silent. She was on her own...

Movement caught her eye. Two shapes, slender, quietly slipped out of the bottle return door. They saw Hannah, paused, then slowly walked towards her. They were nude, Melinda's pale flesh in stark contrast to Rinda's blue fur. Hannah had to admire their confidence, having slipped on that day's dress before leaving the bedroom. Robes and nightgowns had not made her tailoring schedule yet. Not wanting to wake Sarah yet, she strode towards the girls.

"Out for a walk?" She kept her voice low, crossing her arms over her chest. Just looking at those two made it seem like she was the naked one. Melinda reached up and adjusted her glasses, looking over towards the sleeping Sarah.

"We just put the babies down to sleep. She doing OK?"

"No. And I don't think we've been doing OK by her."

"That's not our fault," Rinda muttered, voice betraying her true feelings. Her arms hugged herself, a slight shiver running through her. The night air wasn't quite as warm as they were used to.

"Forget the past, we worry about the now," Melinda said. Her eyes regarded Hannah thoughtfully. "You offering Anthony?"

Hannah almost took a step back at that. Damn, she was observant. Letting out a sigh, she shook her head.

"He wants her gone, when this is over. Probably because he notices the looks she gives him. I ... I don't want to toss her out."

Melinda nodded.

"I told Chuck, when the whole thing started, I'd be willing to share him because pairing up was going to leave some out. Naturally," she chucked, "if you don't count our two furry companions it turns out we actually did pair up nicely."

"But the point still stands," Hannah said. "Goldie is going to need someone. And Sarah."

"I don't like sharing..." Rinda's voice was one on its final argument. Melinda reached out and touched her arm.

"Tammy."

Rinda seemed to deflate. Hannah nodded.

"Tammy. We helped Tammy, and the men stepped aside. We should do the same."

"IF the men are interested." Rinda seemed to perk up at her own realization. Melinda smiled, giving her arm a stroke.

"Come on. I don't want to leave Chuck and the babies for too long."

The three walked over to the grass. They made noise, wanting to find her awake, or at least waking. As they stepped onto the soft green blades, the dark form rolled over and sat up. Before she could stand, they lowered themselves to sit before her.

Sarah, too, was nude, although fur and darkness covered her more than adequately. She adjusted herself, legs folded under her body, hands in her lap. A position of respect, of submission.

"How can I help."

Not what do you want, or even hello. Hannah looked at the others. She didn't even know where to start.

"Do you still see it?" Sarah's eyes widened at Melinda's question, then closed, head dropping. Melinda nodded. "Me too. I've never seen ... I've seen death, Daium's dad, but never people dying like that." Hannah lowered her own head. They could argue that they in fact didn't see what they all thought they saw, didn't see two people, an adult and a child, flung into the void as the Squirrel's machine failed. They could do that. That would not help them with what was to come, though. Not help them steel themselves for whatever was needed to stop these mad experiments. No. They had to use this. It was ... confirmation.

"Anything you want," Sarah told them, eyes still closed, "I will do. Anything against the temple. Just..."

"We forgive you," Hannah told her, reaching out a hand to touch her knee. Her fur was cold to the touch, body trembling. "Forgive you even before you do anything. That's why we're here. We forgive you."

"And we want you to stay."

Rinda's voice was soft, with no hint of previous doubt. Sarah's eyes opened, surprise clearly showing.

"Stay?"

"Stay." Rinda added her own hand next to Hannah's, Melinda following suit. "Join us."

"But..."

"It will take time for you to really fit in, yes," Melinda said. "We three will start to include you more, work on the others. If you want to stay. If not, we'll give you money for passage anywhere, naturally. We'll owe you that, if this works. But," she looked at the others, "our little group is alone in the universe. Eventually, we'll be large, a race to be reckoned with, but for now we need friends." Her hand squeezed Sarah's knee. "Are you a friend?"

There was a pause, followed by both her hands covering theirs.

"I can be..."


Hannah slipped back into bed, pregnant body protesting having ever left it. She had thought she had heard sounds from the girl's room, late night giggling. The temptation to join them, or at least give them a playful scare, had been great. Her baby, though, was telling her she needed her beauty sleep.

Snuggling against Anthony's strong back, her sleepy mind considered. Three weeks. She had three weeks to try and work her magic on him...


"OK, everyone, we have real space in five minutes. I want a full status report, everyone at their stations!"

"Captain Anthony, should we give the reports before we go to our stations, or do you want us to go to them and then report?"

"Whichever your saucy blonde mind prefers, Alicia!"

Anthony grinned at the two extended middle fingers that showed themselves as Alicia launched herself towards the sensor station near the top of the bridge dome. They'd been too long onboard. Seven weeks, give or take. Seven weeks with no fresh air, nothing new to see or do. It had been their longest jump, and one he was going to do his damnedest not to repeat. Damn it, he wanted to see a new face, even if it was some slimy alien walking down the opposite side of the street.

He caught black fur out of the corner of his eye. He nodded.

"Sarah. Know what your job is?"

"Stay out of the way."

"Ha!" He looked down at her, eyebrow cocked. Damn it, that was the first joke he thought he had heard from the squirrel. Assuming it was a joke. You never knew with aliens. No, there was a twinkle in her eye. He glanced over at Hannah, who made a point of not looking back. It was her doing, naturally. As a male, he knew female manipulation when he experienced it. The key was to not let them know you knew, so they felt all superior and such.

Or maybe that's what she wanted. Who knew. His gaze returned to Sarah.

"Well, yes, always. We are the Lord Humans after all." Yes, damn it, there was a twitch of a smile at that. At this rate, he was almost going to have a moment's sadness when they kicked her off. "I meant what you'll be doing while you're out of my way."

"See if any Temple ships are here. But I don't think there will be. It's not near the home world, and we wouldn't come over here for supplies."

"But you said there's some kind of..."

"Small temple, yes, for travelers. And for collecting any tech She Who Saw needs."

He nodded. They needed information. This small temple would provide it.

Maybe.

"Thirty seconds!"

At Daium's yell he strapped himself in.

"Ready when you are, Captain Daium!"


It only seemed appropriate that they land on a planet named Sol in blizzard conditions. The crew, now numbering lucky thirteen, crowded the central walkway of the spherical bridge, gazing at the projected image of the snowstorm around them as the ship rested in its docking cradle. The wind whipped around, snow seeming to fall horizontally. Chuck laughed.

"Now there's a sight for sore eyes!"

"I want to make a snow Chuck," Melinda yelled, grabbing his arm and jumping up and down. Alicia glanced at her across the bridge.

"A 'snow Chuck'?"

"Only the best, most noble kind of snowman," Chuck told her. He turned to Anthony. "We still doing this?"

Anthony nodded.

"I still think it's best. If the 'wrong' people see humans, it'll just lead to complications." Behind him, the door to the ship interior opened. "All ready, Daium?"

"Ready."

She was dressed in winter gear, the same snowsuit she had worn that day a year ago when two cultures first met. Feet and hands were gloved, a pistol strapped to her waist. Rinda was similarly dressed, blue snowsuit thin, of military cut, wrinkled for having been in her pack for ages. Following behind, Sarah entered wearing an ill-fitting blue human winter coat, falling almost to her bare knees, and a knit Buffalo Bills hat. Unlike the other two, she had no weapon, or shoes.

Anthony walked up to Sarah, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"We're counting on you for this. We need information."

"You can trust me." There was a tremble in her voice. He squeezed her shoulder.

"I know." His eyes flicked to the two Orang. "Recon the port city, take her to the temple. If it goes well, you have the shopping lists. Feel free to add to it."

"It IS my dad's stolen money we're using, after all," Daium said. Rinda's glance told Anthony that argument, long settled, was still a point of minor friction. He just nodded.

"Good luck, be safe."


If there was one bright side, it was that the Habitants hated snow.

The three furred travelers sat on the subway car's bench, coats opened, relishing the heat. Sarah was tempted to take the damned thing off, never one for heavy clothing, but stopped short of that. She'd only have to put it on again when they got to the city center. She looked around. The car was almost deserted, only a couple of the reptilian locals sitting at the far end. They were bundled heavily, obviously not evolved for the weather now battering the city above. Unless coats could be considered an evolutionary trait? Hmm ... Glancing down at her bare feet, she wished her kind had evolved shoes. Even the foot gloves Daium and Rinda wore would be nice.

Seeing her looking down, Daium shook her head.

"They're not that great, although they keep your feet dry. Human shoes and boots are much better in the snow."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.