Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 194

The next morning after my bike ride I drove the Cruiser van full of odd and ends to the pub. I had called the previous night to advise The Brit I was definitely coming. So yes I expected him to open at 9AM even though he was open till 2AM the night before. They hadn't gone to bed till 3AM I was sure. But that wasn't my fault, he promised to help me build a trailer.

"Alright Sylvia I am going to help you build a trailer to haul water from you house to the storage building," The Brit said. "We will lay everything out in the alley behind the pub."

"Okay Brit, but I have no idea what any of this shit is for," I said

"Do you know what the bike wheels are for?" he asked.

"Of course but I have no earthly idea how to attach them to the trailer," I admitted.

I could tell that The Brit was looking forward to showing off his expertise of such things. Just to prove he wasn't just a gunslinger. He used most of the alley to lay out bits and pieces of the trailer and hardware that somehow magically held it all together.

"You do plan to help?" he asked.

"Brit get off your high horse or I'll do the whole thing myself," I said even though I knew I could never do that. I would just reload it and go find Tomas.

"If you decide to fire me, good fucking luck." he said with a strong laugh."

"Alright, lets get to it," I suggested. The Brit set me the task of taking the axles out of the two wheels. Of course I didn't know how he wanted it done, so he took over half way through.

I did get to bolt the metal angles to the bed of the trailer, while The Brit managed to somehow have that bolt run under the trailer bed and through the angels where they got bolted. Even before The Brit bolted the wheels on I could see it as a trailer. Then when he bolted a wheel on each end of the threaded shaft it really became a trailer.

Somehow the construction of the trailer made the wheels just a stable as they had been on the bike, even though the axle was bolted only on one end. They also seemed also plenty strong enough for what I wanted.

I stepped back and looked at the tiny little trailer and knew that I could never have done it alone, but The Brit could have. When it was finished, I had a 2' x 1.5' trailer eight inches off the ground. It also had a tongue that extended 18" from the front.

"Now go over and have Monk fabricate you some kind of trailer hitch for your cruiser/van." The Brit insisted.

An hour later I returned and attached the trailer to the van. Even though it would easily fit inside the van. I pulled it to my box/house. No it absolutely was not legal. It wasn't even close to being legal, but I managed to make it home without being stopped. I did it to test it's stability just in case I had to pull something using it. By late afternoon it was in my yard and I had test fitted one of the 32gal recycle plastic cans with wheels. There was indeed enough room for it. I decided that there was no way I could unload that thing full of water, so that was out. I figured I could load four of the ten gallon water coolers on the trailer and off load them by myself. Hell I could fit them in the back of the cruiser van. Oh well I was sure that if I had the trailer, I would find a use for it.

It was too late to do more than go buy the ingredients. I didn't have a cooker, but I would in a week for sure. The ingredients were all dry so they wouldn't spoil. I would just wait to mash in till the cooker arrived and the assembly was finished. Since that was the case, I went out to buy the grain.

What Bosco had told me was that the place to buy feed grain, which would attract the least attention was Walmart's deer feed corn. So I bought a hundred pounds but knew I needed a lot less. I bought a cheap hand crank type food mill, for ten bucks on sale.

I went to one of those grocery warehouses to buy fifty pounds of sugar. I asked the cashier, who didn't even seem curious about the purchase, if I could get a discount. Since I was buying if for a bake sale at the church.

She smiled and said, "Sorry." I also had a six pack of baker's yeast in the Discount store purchases.

I didn't have the ground stalks from the pot plants or the cooker, but I felt like I was close. Once I got the cooker, I had to make a condenser bucket. By the time the cooker came I was getting really bored. It came from Fed Ex Ground in a big ass box. I really was surprised at the size of that monster. It was only a ten gallon cooker.

When the cooker came I removed the pressure gauge as Bosco had told me to do. I had monk drill out the hole and fit a 1/2" threaded bushing onto to the lid. Then I had him use a reducer fitting to fit the female end of pipe joint onto one end of the 3/8 copper tube I was going to try for the worm. Yeah he knew what it was for, but he also wanted to try the product.

"Monk I have no idea what you think, but I am making gasohol," I said.

"Okay, well this should do the trick. Is Vivian helping you with the formula?" he asked.

"Vivian and Bosco contributed to it, but neither of them know for sure," I said.

"Neither do I, but I will tell you this, that shit will be worth about $12 to $20 a pint. Bring me the first one and I'll get you a bid for all of it."

"Monk you can distribute it if the price is right but nobody knows where it is coming from. If they do I wont need you. I don't want to know them either." I explained.

"We can do that. No problem," he said. "You are going to need some pint bottles. I will supply the bottles for my batch, We can figure that into the price."

"Let's see how this works before we get too deep in planning," I said. "Neither you nor I want too many people to know about this. It is safe for both of us."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.