Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises

Copyright© 2012 by James Howlette

Chapter 13

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Book 3 in the story of Young Davik, and his Quest for vengeance. Davik is now changing and must learn to control his new abilities. But the beast is on the move too, and soon the two forces will clash. Who will prevail and could something new be born out of their conflict.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including NonConsensual   Rape   BiSexual   Fiction   non-anthro   Were animal   Big Breasts   Size   Slow   Violence  

“I have not heard that name in a very long time,” she said as the color drained from her face. “Brenson was the name of my older brother.”

“Is that name common where you came from? I mean, it could have been a different Brenson that had come from your country.”

“Names are a bit different back home,” she said shaking her head. “They are regional and very few are repeated outside of a family. Besides, the age fits and I will know from the books you collected, as he wrote one or more of them.”

“Given the nature of your fight with the Voguel, how is it that he could be one himself? More importantly, that he would have turned so dark.”

Celka got out of her chair and walked over to the fireplace, staring at the flickering embers. I moved to stand beside her and saw a look of anguish on her face as she continued to stare.

“My family lived in the far north of Vishant Province. While we were aware of the fight to cleanse the land of the Voguel, their blight had not yet reached the northern lands. We were happy and I was content to enjoy my life learning to heal from my mother and elder mother.

“It was just before my sixteenth year that the first attack happened. A pack charged into the village during a blood moon and laid waste to any who fell into their grasp. Healers from the capitol came to our village and tested everyone before they would be treated. Those who tested positive were taken to an undisclosed location where they were put to death.

“I was appalled, as their test was not accurate and, when I asked them, they had not attempted to refine their techniques. With the knowledge I had gained as apprentice to my family, I worked diligently to find ways to test it more accurately. They obliged and kept a handful of people who tested positive as being the cursed ones for me to refine the process with. They were using silver stamps, but people could react due to an allergy, rather than the curse. That made their methods suspect in my eyes.

“I asked how they killed them and stated that they used Wolf’s Bane or curare to end their lives. Both herbs were first blessed, then they were made part of an elaborate ritual that changed and enhanced the poison. Using both as a basis, I tested the subjects and found that none reacted to curare stamped to their skin, but five reacted to the Wolf’s Bane. Working with that, the five were locked up separately from the others. We had to wait for the next blood moon, but my hypothesis was confirmed as they changed within the confines of the cell for all of us to see. We killed all but one, and that ensured the town was spared any attacks that night.

“My elder mother fell victim to a Voguel during that attack, as did my little sister. My brother was not the same, cursing the healers as much as the Voguel for what had happened.

“I began trying to formulate a cure, but my first attempt caused the subject to die. It would be too difficult to try and capture another, so they asked me to put my skills towards identifying possible Voguel after the attacks.

“Two more attacks claimed my parents, and my brother had lost all reason at that point. When the final attack came, he was out with the others, weapons laced with Wolf’s Bane, ready for the attack.

“Though they were successful in stopping all the Voguel who attacked this time, we lost fifteen guards and thirty villagers.

“One of those was my brother’s intended. Blinded by grief, he collected his things, and left the village. I got news a few days later that his remains were found on the side of a road, south of the town. He had been brutally murdered, along with his pack and family ring were gone. But he had a cut on his side that was unmistakable, as I had sewn it back up. He had gotten it during the last raid and had been rather impatient with me to patch him up.

“We had a small funeral, and when he was buried, I decided to move on. The healers asked me to come to the capitol, but I was not interested in being a part of that anymore. I headed to the nearest port and got passage to Badrack Province. I then became a travelling healer, never staying in one spot for too long. Part of me feared that there were Voguel here as well, and I was worried that my province would come looking for me. I believed that if I did not stay long in one place, that would make things more difficult for any possible pursuer.

“I kept moving around for the next five years, listening to any news or sign of Voguel or people from Vishant Province looking for someone like me. When I was sure that neither was happening, I made my way to Dru’Tirk and gave them my services. In return, I asked for a cottage at the north end of the lake.

“I never heard anything of note until the attack on Cartha that robbed you of your parents. Since then, I tried to go around the province collecting any information I could, but it was scarce to non-existent. Then you appeared on my doorstep with your ailment, and it allowed me to help once again. Conversing with Lillian also helped me to once again feel like I was contributing to help cure the world of their curse. My bones tell me that this man you are up against is my brother - as much as it pains me to admit it. I am sorry that my family’s past has become part of your present and future.”

I could hear her begin to lightly sob and I placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, which only seemed to worsen her crying.

“There is something else I must tell you,” I said softly, “though her personal story is not mine to tell.”

Celka’s weeping stopped for a moment, as she turned to look at me, a confused expression on her face.

“Lillian is of your blood,” I said, my voice shaking slightly. “Her elder mother was once romantically involved with Brenson. You will have to talk to her to get the details, as some of it is sensitive information. I ask that you listen to it objectively and remember that she is the only family you have, other than your brother.”

I knew she would not want to talk, with so much to think about, so I made my way to my room. I was not surprised to find my room empty, and I was exhausted from the travel. I did not bother to get undressed, just laid down on my bed and let sleep overtake me.

I do not know how long I was asleep, but I was thankful that there were no dreams. I had my fill of seeing things through Brant’s eyes and the experience always made me feel unclean - tainted, even. I picked up a change of clothes, as well as a towel, before heading to take a nice, long soak. Not expecting anyone to be in there, I opened the door to find Trina stepping out of the bath. Despite my better intentions, I did give her a once over, as I did not expect to see such a sight again. She was proportioned much like her sister, and when she looked up, I saw a blanket of emotions pass her face. Embarrassed with what I had done, I started to step out and close the door.

“You do not have to leave, Davik,” she said softly, amusement in her voice. “I was just finishing and besides, you have seen my sister. It is only fair you were able to see the full set.”

She giggled and wrapped herself in a towel before sauntering off to her room. Once my shock wore off, I realized that she had also left me to empty the tub. It took around fifteen minutes for me to drain the tub and refill it with hot water. I put some of my bathing balm into the water to help soothe some of my aching muscles. I got in, happy to find it was the perfect temperature and laid back to enjoy.

As I closed my eyes, my mind wandered, and soon I was beginning to hear talking around me. I had learned to focus out the sounds during the last few weeks, and it seemed that I had relaxed them. Instead of focusing to block them out, I tried to see if I could focus on specific areas, instead. On my first attempt, I could hear Celka muttering to herself downstairs. It seemed she was still processing the things I had told her last night. I could also hear Liza, humming herself a tune, while she worked on preparing food. I adjusted my focus to nearby and heard Trina in her room, muttering to herself as well.

“Why did you flash him, you silly girl? He has Violet, Liza - even Lillian seems interested in him. What makes you think he would have interest in a plain girl like you? He does not even know what you did, that first time he was asleep in the tub. You must stop with the fantasies and get to working. Davik expects good, hard work from you.”

I sat in the bath in shock, the unique dream I had had about the woman had been induced by Trina. Whatever she had done. It did a number on me, though I was wondering how she kept my seed from getting into the water. Hell, I was still trying to figure out how Liza, Trina and Lillian would be interested in me. Hell, I was still getting used to Violet feeling that way about me, although I was beginning to wonder. Memories of her comments from last night popped to the surface and I felt the pain of her words all over again.

While I would love to do nothing more than go to her and get her to feel differently, I knew all too well she had to be left alone to deal with it on her own. It was no different when we were children, though very rarely was I the target of that anger and confusion. I spread my focus out further and heard the boys in the workshop discussing various adjustments to their plans. Apparently, the news they had overheard would change things in many ways, both here and at Ruben’s shop. While I was the new owner, I planned to ensure that Ruben’s legacy would live on. I would talk to the boys about it when I went out to speak to them later.

I then tried to drown out the noise around me and instead focus on the warm bath I was soaking in. I let my mind drift away and the heat soothe my muscles. Even though I was becoming more used to the exertion of my new abilities, they were still exhausting. I could tell that my body had changed a bit, as well. The clothes I had taken with me were becoming a bit tight, probably due to the increases in muscle I had been gaining.

I do not know how long I lay there, not quite asleep, yet not quite awake. However, the water was cold, so it meant that I had been there a while. I got out of the tub and started the draining process before I started to dry myself. I looked in the mirror and found myself looking at an entirely new person. My hair was slightly longer, sitting down around my shoulders, and a beard covered my face. The difference was that a lot of the fat that had been on my face had gone, leaving a more defined look.

As I looked closer, I realized that my eyes had hints of golden yellow mixed in with the blue. I had no doubt it was a sign of my change, but I had been told they had also become fully golden at times. Perhaps when I used my abilities, I tapped into whatever it was that made them that way. I would have to discuss this with Celka when she was ready to speak again.

I quickly got dressed and made my way downstairs, popping into the kitchen to see if Liza had any leftover food from the morning meal. I could hear Trina moving around upstairs, but I refrained from listening to what she was saying. She, like everyone else in my life, deserved their privacy. As I entered the kitchen, I saw that Liza was dicing some vegetables, as she hummed a tune to herself and danced in place. I waited until she put the knife down before announcing my presence, as I did not want to startle her and have her cut herself.

“Hello, Liza,” I said softly, hoping that it would not scare her as much. “I was hoping to get some food before I headed out today. Is there anything left from morning meal I could have?”

She indeed did jump but turned with a smile and a light giggle. She then walked over to the wood stove, put on some gloves and grabbed a metal plate that was sitting on the top of it. She had put another metal plate on top of it, and when she removed the top plate, it revealed a full meal.

“I put this aside for you this morning and placed it on the stove when I heard you get up. I hope you enjoy it, as there are eggs, sausage, steak, ham, potato hash and baked beans.”

I thanked her and took it into the dining area to enjoy. A few minutes later, Liza came out with a cup of tea. I had missed eating like this and wasted no time diving into the plate. As usual for Liza, the food was delicious, with unique flavors that I had not had before. Her experimentation always seemed to turn out for the best and worked to enhance the food she made. I would have to make sure she knew how much I appreciated the effort she put into the food and how talented I thought she was. When I was done, I brought my plate back to her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped again, lost in her humming and working.

“Thanks for the meal, Liza, it was delicious as always. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate what you do. You have an amazing talent with cooking, second only to your green thumb. Keep up the good work.”

She smiled so brightly at that and lunged at me, pulling me in for a hug. I laughed and she took the opportunity to give me a mind-blowing kiss. Once the stars settled, Liza just looked up at me and giggled before turning to return to her work. I shook my head, wondering if I would ever understand the women around me and made my way to the back.

Once outside, I looked around the back garden as I made my way to the workshop. The different plots were all showing various states of growth, along with some that looked to have been harvested. I could not see Clive around, so I assumed that he might be out hunting. I would make sure to talk with him once he returned, to see how he was doing, as well as get his input on the state of things. I entered the barn to find Carl talking with David and Earl. They noticed me and we exchanged pleasantries before I asked them where we were on the workshop.

“Well, we were almost done,” Carl replied with a laugh. “Then you decided to return and change a lot of our plans with these deals you have set up. Tell me more about the work you have negotiated and what it would mean for us.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.