Recluse and Ghost - Cover

Recluse and Ghost

Copyright© 2012 by Dual Writer

Chapter 51

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 51 - Mike Grayson's intent was to get away from it all, to become a recluse. Mike wanted to get away from responsibilities, away from the Army, away from people. He runs into and becomes involved with many obstacles to his peace and quiet. The spooks come out and it isn't even Halloween.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Farming   Halloween  

The dogs wanting to go out woke me up in the morning. As I let them out the door, I could see the pet deer pawing the ground near the chicken house, attempting to find some grass under the snow. The dogs and the deer ignored each other's presence since they were familiar with each other. I realized then that I was going to have to fix up some kind of area for the stupid deer or even I might mistake him for a future meal. I wondered why he didn't go join the other deer that shared the hay for the beef stock.

Now that the hogs were gone, the only chores left were to feed the one steer in the barn we were fattening up for the freezer, and there was always feeding and watering the chickens. It wouldn't be safe to let the chickens out in their big yard with the snow on the ground. Visiting hawks and eagles would be too tempted to swoop down looking for a meal. The chickens had to stay in the smaller covered yard.

I hurried through feeding the steer in the barn, and avoided the pet deer's antlers as he followed me around the barn area. I finally put some grain and hay under the lean-to where the cows used to wait for milking to give the buck an area to come to.

Esteban drove up the lane as I walked to the house. I waved at him as soon as he stopped and asked him to come inside and have some coffee with me.

Once inside, I asked, "Shouldn't you be home milking right now?"

"The family has it taken care of, Mike. We don't have that many cows and that's what I'm here for." Esteban took a drink of his coffee and said, "How about letting me see if I can make a deal with the dairy farmer up near Mount Sterling who's retiring. No one else in this area is really interested in a Jersey herd, so he's probably going to end up taking them to the auction in Lexington. How about letting me see if he'll let us buy them for a number that's just a little better than what he can get at auction?"

"How many are in his herd, Esteban?" I asked, as he hadn't mentioned the size of the herd. The only thing I knew was that they were all Jersey cows.

"I don't know exactly, Mike, but I'm told by our milk driver that he's milking about thirty to forty right now, and has quite a few ready to calve and come fresh."

"Do you think milk prices are strong enough for us to justify increasing the herd?"

"Remember, Mike, that we get premium prices for our milk because we sell organic and it's already pasteurized. We have a dozen or so families who bring their gallon jars over for milk almost daily, as it is. We could use more milk for cheese, because our cheese room is only about a third full. I think the profits from the farm so far might already pay for the new herd, but only Maude knows that answer."

I rubbed my unshaved chin and thought about it for a second. "Go ahead and see what you can do. I'll call Maude to tell her to move money if she needs to. Call the truckers if you make a deal, and get them moved to your place so you can begin working them and shipping their milk."

Esteban said, "I won't be able to ship their milk with ours for the first month, because that farmer isn't organic. I found out we'll have to feed them for a month before we can mix the milk. We'll keep the milk separate and bring it over in cans so your people can make butter, buttermilk, and separate the cream. Instead of us selling to the Kitchen, you guys take it to them for the month. If any inspectors come, they'll see how we are keeping it all separate that way."

Mom heard that and said, "Good, it will give the women down the hill something to do. They'll be busy churning now. It will be like it used to be."

I told Esteban, "If you have a gentle cow that we can milk here, I think we need to begin milking one here again. The kids need to learn, and the only way to do it is to have a cow for us to teach them with."

"I have just the cow. She's more of a pet than anything, but she gives a lot of milk. She wants to be around us all the time and hates to leave the milking parlor. I'll bring her and another that's the same, but just went dry. Those two will be perfect for you. Your deer will enjoy having company again."

We had been served breakfast while we talked. Bill and Frank came out for coffee before getting ready to head to Lexington. I excused myself to go get ready after telling Esteban to make us a deal.

Bill, Frank, and I were rolling into Lexington a little later. We met Bernie and Benson at seven-thirty, and made a plan before going into the building.

The station's attorneys were not there yet, and the CEO was late, apparently as usual. I could see that Bill and Frank were used to getting started early so they could have a fully productive day.

We were finally able to review the completed documents somewhere near nine. It seems that Mystery Mountain Broadcasting was purchasing WHIP, and the proceeds of the sale were to be used to pay the station's debts. The former primary owner was going to leave with some money, but it wasn't much. I think he was relieved to get out of the business, because he just wasn't able to manage what needed to be done.

The former owner began cleaning out the desk in his office when all of the papers had been signed. Frank was smart and had the delinquent marketing people help carry everything out to the man's car.

Bernie stood in the office doorway and pointed at the now clean office and said, "Have a seat in your new office, Mike. You're the man now."

I laughed, "Sorry, Charlie, no deal. You wanted this, so you run it. Need help? Call someone who knows how to help you."

Bernie smiled, "I think I have a dual station manager for the place. I'm going to let Frank and Bill run what they know how to do, and find someone who can be put in charge of programming. I'm going to link some of our farm reports into the station, but I think I'll let the radio station be Country & Western, and try to mix some local flavor in. A gossip call in might work here, but the city is too big for it to be as effective as it is at home."

Bill and Frank found us, and Frank said, "They have a real nice break room. How about a meeting of everyone currently on staff when we switch to network broadcast at noon? I need to announce individual one on one meetings that I'll be holding, and I'm sure Bill has to do some of the same. We might need a few days to cull the place, but I've seen enough to make my mind up on several people. I've called a couple of the guys who used to work for me up in Cincinnati, and they're interested even at the lower wages I'm offering. I think we need to move to a heavy commission income structure instead of salary. Good salesmen always seem to do well that way."

Bernie agreed and told us, "That's how I treat the kids who are selling for our station at home. They get good commissions for their sales, and I know they'll gladly sell some TV spots as well. Has anyone seen anything of a production department where we can make commercials? I saw four news vans with satellite equipment on them outside. I suppose we need to talk to the news department."

Benson and I huddled, then I told Frank, Bill, and Bernie, "Okay, you guys. This is your baby. Make it work and do what you think is right. I know it's going to take some time to find everything out about the station, and this is going to be a short week because of Thanksgiving, but get started anyway. I'm going home with Benson so that I can take care of some other things."

Bernie kidded me, "You just don't want to get caught by a camera as the new head of WHIP TV and Radio."

"Bernie," I told him, "You're the new head of WHIP. Organize it, manage it, and get some management help with broadcast experience. I'm just a backer."

Frank and Bill grinned at me when I told them, "Make sure you guys are out of here early enough so that we don't have to wait supper for you. You know how Mom likes to eat around six at the latest."

I suddenly remembered to call Maude on the way home. "Hi, Maude, Mike here."

"You're a little late calling me about buying cows, Mike. Esteban called and gave me an amount that he was buying cows for and wanted me to transfer funds to a farmer's bank account. I would have denied him if this deal didn't have Mike written all over it, but it sounded like you. Anyway, you now own a hell of lot more cows and they're being hauled to Bert's place as we speak. Actually that's your place now, isn't it?"

"Sorry about that, Maude. I had to be up in Lexington before eight this morning and didn't want to call you too early. I know how you like to sleep in."

"Thanks for that, Mike. How did it go with your takeover? Benson told me last night that Bernie made a hell of a deal for you."

"The deal's for him, not me. Actually, the deal is for him, my brother, Frank, and brother-in-law, Bill. All I am is the guy who helps get it done."

Maude laughed, then told me, "Gene's out making sure the grade stakes are in place for the two places he wants to build for your brother and sister. He says these will almost be models, but that the development could get some real testimonials from residents. He's really excited about having people he knows moving in."

I told her, "We're excited to have them move in, too. Mom loves to have her family nearby."

"Hell, Mike, Mom is mother to what seems is half the county. She likes having all of us nearby. I find myself giving her a call a couple of times a week just to say hi. I know Sheryl does the same, as do all those girls who married the road guys."

"Thanks for taking care of Esteban, Maude. He really thinks the dairy business is viable. He must be doing something right if we had the money to buy the stock."

Maude advised, "There was enough money between the two farms. Esteban said he had a line on the right kind of hay, so he's going to be spending more cash. It should work out with the increased milk production. The only thing you need to do is to work out next year's deal with Kroger. Them and your Mystery Mountain Wines are the cash cows."

She paused for a second, "Speaking of cows; isn't the beef stock you bought about ready to butcher? It seems about the right time."

"Probably, Maude, and it should be about time to pick up a bunch of calves. Between now and March is when most stock is born. The bull calves from the dairy stock can be mixed in as well, but they won't bring the same money or meat as the Herefords and Angus."

"Well, you better get out there and replenish your beef stock, Mike. I think I already forecast some big bucks coming from that."

"What are you doing, specifically forecasting income from the farm and beef stock?"

Maude laughed, "Mike, Honey, I'm just trying to be ready to handle your taxes on an ongoing basis. You have no idea how much of a mess you could be in if I didn't keep track of everything you have your hands in. My goodness, Mike, you're involved in so many different projects, that it would be impossible to keep up with you if I didn't watch you almost daily."

"Well, it's winter, Maude, so almost everything should slow down now."

"Sure, Mike. Like the cows will quit giving milk. Like your deliveries to the Kitchen will slow down. Like your deliveries of wine will slow down. Like your smoke houses will smoke less meat. You know, et cetera, et cetera."

"Okay, okay, I get the point."

Maude asked, "Are you going to be in town this afternoon? We're supposed to have a review of the ten kids we have up at the university. You might be interested to hear how they are doing."

"Where and when? I'll tell Benson, who is doing the driving right now."

Maude advised, "We are to meet at the high school teachers' break room at two. Can you be there?"

I asked Benson and he just grinned. "We'll go there as soon as we have something for lunch. The timing should be about right."

After I hung up, Benson and I talked about how we thought Karen and Denise were doing. We both thought it had been a lucky break for our two girls to get together and be good friends.

Lunch at the Kitchen was fun, as Benson and I ate at a communal table. The conversation was all about how the radio had been telling about Bernie getting a TV station, and that it would have some local broadcasts for Stanton. One of the guys said, "Bernie's a smart one. He's planning on having segments for all of the small communities so all of the towns get reported on. I'll bet everyone around will be tuned in to watch local news."

Benson winked at me as we were both all smiles.

The meeting at the high school included the Principal, Jeff Stevens from the County Council in his bib overalls, Maude, Benson, and me. There were four teachers who had volunteered to monitor and work with our students. They had the report we wanted to hear.

Rosemary Stevens, a teacher and Jeff's wife, said, "We've all tried to visit with each of the students to let them know we would be happy to help them, even with tutoring if they needed it. The kids are all doing above average work through this first semester. They are all going to ace all of their courses."

Janet Benet, another teacher, wanted to inform us, "We did forget about the cost of books. We were able to save the day by calling Maude who said that Mike would pay for the books this year. We need to make that part of the package, because books are a major expense. The small stipend you're providing the kids on a weekly basis is about right for them to have a couple of bucks for spending money, but it won't cover books. I think we've covered everything with them, and we're going to graduate some great kids. Hopefully, we'll get some teachers out of this as we're going to need several by the time these begin graduating."

John King, a math teacher, told us, "This project also gives us a chance to see what we need to emphasize in our lessons. The kids haven't been overwhelmed with the math so far, but they have come up with some good questions. The cell phones you provided have come in handy for them to call me for help. Next year's students should be better prepared."

The last teacher was a much older lady. Michelle Camp told us, "It's so much fun to visit with the students up there. It takes twenty years off me every time I go. Like John said, it does give us an idea of what we need to emphasize. This will help other kids who are going on to school as well."

Jeff ended the meeting by thanking everyone for coming and for their volunteer work. He said, "This shows the true interest we have in our community's children. Educators and business people are working together for a better future. Thank you for being here; we will meet again in January to review the first semester's grades. Maude and Benson have put together a separate fund for books. The kids have already registered for next semester's classes, and will be buying books soon. It will be easier for them this time."

Outside, Benson said, "I'll run you home before I go back to the office. As a matter of fact, I think I'll just check with my new secretary and maybe not even go in. Mind if I pick up the wife and kids and we all eat at your place?"

I laughed, "I think I heard that your wife was going to be out at the house today to make something special for tonight. Why don't you call out there before swinging by to pick your kids up?"

We picked up Benson's kids and drove out to the house. Benson's youngest daughter had a cherry game box with her, and told us that it was a game John might be able to play. All the kids at the house loved the idea of even more kids coming. Little John was having the time of his life.

I was playing with Karen and Kevin while the other adults were talking at the kitchen counter and the kids were all playing games in front of the fireplace. The little ones weren't all that mobile yet, but were raising themselves, rolling over, and trying to get on their knees. It wouldn't be long before they would be crawling.

They enjoyed me being on the floor with them. It was a chance for them to touch me and pull an ear and nose as they became more familiar with their dad. I loved the attention.

A knock on the door got everyone in the house up and tense for a second. No one knocked on our door. Everyone came in and announced that they were here. I went to the door and opened it to someone I thought I recognized, "Hey, Mike, I'm Stan, Shirley's brother. Frank told me to come out and gave me directions. Man, this place is beautiful."

Shirley came from the kitchen and gave her brother a hug. "Take your shoes off, Stan. No one wears shoes in the house. It's kind of a farmer thing."

Stan was soon seated on the couch as I sat on the floor with the twins. Frank's and Shirley's kids came over to give their uncle a hug, but went right back to their games. I asked Mom where D was, and she said that he was out at the main wine cave talking to the bottlers who were setting up. He should be back any minute.

I asked Stan, "Want a beer, glass of wine, anything?"

"I'd kill for a cup of coffee. If none is ready, some iced tea, or even some water would be good."

Mom had heard and sent Rosita with a mug of coffee. From the kitchen, Mom said, "Stan, the one thing this house always has is coffee and iced tea. We drink a lot of wine too, since we make it, but not so much as to be too much."

Stan nodded and said, "I'm not into beer, but a glass of wine now and then is good with a meal." The man was a little uncomfortable and was squirming a little, "Ah, Mike, Frank said that he had a lead on a job. Do you know much about it?"

I told him, "A little, Stan, but how about I let D tell you about it when he gets back in. D is my little old winemaker."

The two little ones were acting hungry, so I gathered them into my arms and went to the kitchen. I said, "I think these two are ready for supper. Is it time yet?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.