The Problems With Love - Cover

The Problems With Love

Copyright© 2012 by Kaffir

Chapter 5

Andrea's remark made a deep as well as emotional impression on Christopher. When he had told Robin he was keen on her it had been something of an understatement. He was extremely keen on her but he knew that she was a very popular girl and he did not rate his chances high. He had held himself in check, frightened that anything he said or did might cause her to drop him. Certainly they had hugged and kissed and he thought her responses were encouraging but he had never allowed his hands to wander and he had held back from saying anything that might lead her to think that he wanted a relationship. Then her father's remark about him being the first young man Andrea had brought home really did indicate that she had feelings for him. Now he had to decide whether it was more than affection and, on his part, lust as well.

There was no doubt in his mind about her physical desirability. He had laughed off Robin's remark about her being a glamour girl. First of all she was too small. More tellingly she was not glamorous. Instead she was very, very pretty bordering on beautiful. She stood about five foot five or six with chestnut hair, a small retroussé nose, smiley lips and huge, deep blue eyes. She was slightly built with no more than a neat bosom and gently flaring hips. Her legs were, at least what Christopher had seen of them, stunning.

There was a lot more about her than that though, he realised. She worked in the same bank as he did and Christopher knew she was highly thought of by senior management. She had a broad range of interests too. Music was her big love, which he shared with her, playing the piano well and singing contralto with the London Chorus. She was widely read, from War and Peace to Harry Potter. They both enjoyed the theatre. She played tennis in the summer and lacrosse in the winter.

There was even more though. Certainly she was his intellectual equal. Compared with his parents there was no problem on that score. He pondered further wondering what really drew him. She was fun, confident, gentle but strong, warm, affectionate and loving, certainly of her family. And she liked him more than they did. Was that code?

They continued to see each other as usual over the next couple of weeks and Christopher felt the pull become stronger and stronger. He found himself unable not to touch her or put an arm round her whenever an opportunity arose and she responded like that night when they took Robin to the pub on the river.

Not long afterwards on a Friday night they went clubbing with a bunch of friends. It was fun and looked as though it was going to become an all night affair. Christopher though was tensed up and Andrea noticed it.

"What's up, Chris?" she asked.

"Do you mind if we leave?"

That was most unlike him and he had not suggested that she might stay and cadge a lift with one or two of the others.

"No. Not at all. Are you not feeling too good?"

Christopher shook his head.

They left, found a cab and went back to Andrea's flat. It was an unusually silent journey.

"Coffee?" asked Andrea when they arrived.

Christopher nodded. "Yes, please," he almost whispered.

Andrea looked at him questioningly. She had never seen him like this. She waited while he paid the cabbie and then, having already got out her keys, took his hand and almost pulled him to the door.

As soon as they were inside she turned to him taking both his hands. "What's the trouble, Chris?" she asked softly.

Christopher stared at her. "I ... I love you, Andrea," he stuttered and then looked terrified.

Andrea freed her right hand and touched his cheek. "And I love you, you silly," she said softly. "Couldn't you see?"

"Oh God!" breathed Christopher and his hand went to her cheek. "Oh Andrea!"

He bent forward and touched his lips to hers. That was it. Their arms went round each other and they clung together as tears of joy and relief poured down both their cheeks.

At length they pulled back, gazed into each other's eyes and then, bursting into laughter, hugged each other again.

Finally they disengaged and Andrea looked up at him her eyes sparkling. "I thought I invited you in for coffee, Mr Stephens, not a snog," she said.

Christopher was still incapable of speech and could only smile and nod.

"Come on then."

She led him by the hand into the kitchen and pulled out a chair.

"Sit!" she ordered.

Christopher obeyed and then pulled her onto his lap. His arms went round her and his mouth found hers. It was not a passionate kiss as such. Their lips touched softly and their tongues played gently but it was like no previous kiss. It was deeply and tenderly loving. He was the first to pull away.

"Thank you, my darling," he whispered. "I ... I was s-so afraid you might not..."

Andrea smiled. "Poop," she said softly. "My sweet, precious poop. I've loved you for ages, almost since we first started going out together." Her smile broadened and a twinkle came into her eye. "I just didn't want you to think I was forward."

Christopher was recovering. "A brazen hussy even."

Andrea nodded. She pecked him on the nose. "But now!"

She plastered her lips to his once more and this time the kiss was a great deal more passionate. Both were panting when they broke and gazed into each others eyes.

"Where's this coffee you were making such a song and dance about?" he asked.

"Say please."

"Please."

Reluctantly Andrea climbed off his knee. "Men!"

She put the kettle on. Christopher moved behind her and put his hands on her hips. She flashed him a smile over her shoulder. She had to get the cafetiere and mugs out and they enjoyed their bodies brushing together. When she bent over to retrieve the coffee and the milk from the fridge that was even more exciting. As they waited for it to brew Andrea turned in his hands and her arms went round his neck.

"I can't tell you how happy you've made me," she said smiling up at him.

"It works both ways." He kissed her forehead.

Her hands went up to his head and she looked him straight in the eye. "I love you, Christopher Stephens, with all my being."

He took her head in his hands.

"Will you marry me, my darling Andrea?"

Her eyes never left his and her reply was immediate. "Yes, my darling Christopher."

By the time the kiss that followed ended the coffee was well and truly brewed. They took it into the sitting room and sat together on the sofa.

"Are you going to stay the night?" she asked. "Ginny's away for the weekend."

"Are you safe?"

"Yes on both counts. You?"

He nodded.

"Safe or staying the night?"

"Both."

Each smiled delightedly.

"Chris?"

"Yes?"

"Are you really going to drink your coffee?"

"Umm..."

"Good! Come on. Bedtime!"

They disentangled and Andrea led him to her room where they fell into each other's arms again.

After a few minutes Andrea pulled away. "Come on," she said with a mischievous smile. "Bed."

She started to undress and Christopher followed her example. She did not do a striptease and they both finished virtually together. They looked at each other.

"You're lovelier than I ever dreamt," whispered Christopher.

Andrea smiled shyly. "Thank you," she murmured and then the mischief returned. "You're not so bad yourself."

Christopher swooped and picked her up in his arms. He gave her a quick kiss and laid her on the bed. He was about to follow her.

"Hang on a mo'," she said and, wriggling up onto the pillows, kicked the duvet off. She held out her arms. "Now!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.