Future Perfect - Cover

Future Perfect

Copyright© 2011 by expresso42

Chapter 12

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Mark Halliwell is a womanising research scientist whose experiments with stasis go awry, and he wakes up 200 years into the future. The idyllic civilisation in which he suddenly finds himself soon turns sour and he is forced into a conflict that will threaten the very fabric of their society.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex  

Sarek sat across from me in my cell, looking increasingly despondent.

"Why didn't you tell me about the relationship between Nella and Teel?"

"I didn't think it relevant. It was something special that the two of them shared."

"It won't be looked upon favourably. We just have to hope that they don't decide to make an example of you because of it."

"I still don't regret what happened."

"So it seems. There is little more I can do for you. You have placed yourself entirely at the mercy of the High Council."

"I know that."

"There are no more surprises, I hope?"

"You know everything there is to know, now."

"Good. We have another hour before the verdict and I must think of some final words to convince them to be lenient."

"I'm resigned to accept their decision. I just hope that what I said will help the others."


Our escort arrived and I followed without protest, wanting to get things over with as quickly as possible. Surprisingly, the council did not keep us waiting, and we were ushered inside almost immediately.

Tamar paced about the room, as eager to learn the outcome as we were. The Chamberlain's expression was unfathomable, making it impossible for me to predict their decision.

"After much deliberation, we have reached consensus," he announced. "Both parties made good points, but the future of the citadel is paramount."

My stomach sank.

"The actions perpetrated on these two girls were some of the worst that the council has ever had to hear. Nevertheless, it is agreed that they consented to these acts, which somewhat lessens your blame. Both Nella and Teel could have brought these activities to a halt at any time, but worryingly, failed to do so. Drago praised your innovation and the latest report from Petrius is that Troyal will make a full recovery. Whilst it is never our intention to promote salacious behaviour, it is clear that you hold deep remorse for your behaviour. What particularly drew our attention was your willingness to take the blame and selflessly sacrifice yourself to help the others. This action is almost unprecedented and speaks volumes about your character..."

"You can't acquit him," Tamar protested vehemently. "This is unjust!"

"Be quiet or face the sanction of the High Council," the Chamberlain overruled.

"I will not sit back and let you perpetuate this miscarriage of justice. I demand to be heard."

"One more word and I will dismiss you."

"There are more facts that have yet to be revealed. I cannot withhold them any longer in light of the travesty that is about to take place here."

"I warn you, Tamar, this is a dangerous game that you play. If these facts only reiterate what is already known, then I will have no choice but to take action against you."

"My apologies, Chamberlain. I wished to spare the council the full horror of these revelations, but I'm now forced to declare them before this sinner escapes punishment for his crimes."

The Chamberlain harrumphed. "You have five minutes, Guardian. Choose your words carefully."

Tamar strode to the centre of the room, grandstanding for all he was worth.

"I will start by explaining how the Ancient's transgressions came to light. You are aware that the surrogate with whom he was involved has recently been implanted?"

"This is hardly news," the Chamberlain protested impatiently.

"During a routine check, the physicians discovered an anomaly with the foetus. Initially, it was thought that it was growing at an unprecedented rate, but upon investigation it was discovered that her pregnancy was much further advanced than expected."

"How is this possible?"

I groaned internally, knowing the answer, even before Tamar announced it.

"The Ancient impregnated her. She is carrying his child."

The room erupted in furore, needing the Chamberlain to call for silence several times before the proceedings could continue.

"Are you sure of this?" He asked Tamar.

"Tests have confirmed that the child is genetically distinct from the fertilised egg that was provided for her. All the careful work of the gene-splicer has been ruined because she was already pregnant at the time that it was implanted."

"I appreciate the seriousness of this Tamar. We will deliberate further on this matter."

"There is more, Chamberlain."

"More? Surely not?"

"I took the liberty of having my ex-partner examined. There can be no denying the fact that she too is carrying this criminal's vile offspring. I will of course be recommending that both women's pregnancies be terminated forthwith. Who knows what hideous monstrosities are currently growing inside of them?"

I put my head in my hands, never for an instant thinking that I could get them into this kind of trouble. All indications were that past events had rendered them all sterile, but it was clear that they were still capable of conception. It also gave clear indication where the reproductive problems resided.

"We must retire to consider these issues," the Chamberlain announced. "Please clear the chamber."

We filed out of the room. Tamar gloated, confident that he provided enough evidence to overturn what would have been a tremendous victory for me.

"How could you do this to her?" I accused. "She was still your partner. She never neglected you."

"She made a fool out of me. She will regret her betrayal. I'll make sure of that."

"You sad little man," I spat.

"We still have a score to settle, Ancient. Be careful to keep a watchful eye over your shoulder at all times. You never know what may be behind you."


I sat beside Sarek, trying to make the best of developments. Nothing he said could raise my spirits. I felt utterly wretched. Not content with destroying their lives, I'd saddled them both with unwanted pregnancies.

"Looking on the bright side," Sarek declared, "we've now gained a better understanding of Petrius's problem. It is clearly just the male that is sterile. This should enable us to home in on..."

"Not now, Sarek," I snapped. "I'm not in the mood."

"But this is a fantastic discovery."

"What about Nella? Does she even know she's pregnant? Can they really kill her baby?"

"They will doubtless ascertain whether or not the embryo is healthy. If it is, then she will be required to carry it to term. Nothing that Tamar does could alter that. The same goes for Teel."

"I'll be a father again," I sighed, suddenly seeing a speck of light in what was otherwise a gloomy situation.

"Twice over," Sarek corrected

"I've never been much of a dad," I conceded.

Sarek reached into his pocket and produced a slip of paper. I took it from him and turned it over. It was Angela's photograph.

"Where did you get this?"

"From your room. I also have your toy animal, but I thought this might be of more value to you."

"Thank you, Sarek. This means more to me than you realise."

"There's also this," he added as he handed over the iPhone.

I slipped both into my pocket beside the laser knife, just as the council attendant emerged to summon us back into the chamber.

The Chamberlain's eyes were downcast, and I wondered how bad it would get.

"The recent news is impossible to ignore. We cannot be seen to offer favour, no matter how much value a person may seem to represent."

"He must be banished!" Tamar raged.

"Enough!" The Chamberlain snapped back. "However, we cannot allow this to go unpunished. Illegal impregnation is a most serious offence, when numbers within the citadel are strictly controlled. It is therefore the decision of the council that you must leave the citadel."

"What about Nella ... and Teel?" I demanded, no longer caring who I offended, as it seemed I had nothing left to lose.

"If their babies are without defect, their pregnancies will be allowed to continue. The children will be raised in the nursery, like any other. They will also be studied to learn what we can of their genetic heritage. Only then will the girls' fate be determined."

Tamar grunted and sat down moodily.

"I believe that you did not deliberately set out to perpetrate this crime, which is why we choose not to banish you," the Chamberlain continued. "As soon as it can be arranged, you will be conveyed to the nearest village, where you will assist them in whatever capacity they deem necessary. I'm afraid I must convey your capability to reproduce with our women to the village elders, so that there can be no repeat of this debacle."

"Thank you for your leniency, Chamberlain. I'm sure Mark will work tirelessly for the good of the community," Sarek replied on my behalf.

Tamar stood and stormed out of the room, slamming the outer doors behind him.

"I'm sorry, Ancient," the Chamberlain admitted, "my hands were tied in this matter. The village I've selected is prospering and has a large healthy population. I'm sure that there is much that you have to offer them."

I nodded, knowing that I would probably never see anybody from the citadel ever again.

Two Guardians escorted me back to my holding cell until such a time as transportation could be arranged. It seemed that not even Sarek would be permitted access to me, or even be provided the opportunity to say goodbye.

I sat on the edge of the bed, feeling sorry for myself, but grateful to be afforded the opportunity to succeed elsewhere. Denied Teel and Nella, the citadel would have seemed dull, so I consoled myself by pretending the village would present more of a challenge.


My escorts returned the following morning. I'd changed from the ceremonial robes into the coarse gown, concealing the photo of Angela, the iPhone, and the laser knife within the lining.

They provided me a sturdy pair of sandals, undoubtedly a necessity for wherever I was now headed, and then guided me to the hangar bay where Tamar waited to transport me to my destination.

"Get in the flyer, Ancient," he grumbled. "I don't have all day."

Without hesitation, I climbed into the back and took my place for the short journey to the village, the same one apparently that I'd visited with Tamar during my first days at the citadel. We took off and headed north.

Shortly into the journey, the flyer became unstable. Having seemingly developed a fault, it lost altitude quickly. Tamar cursed and pressed a number of buttons, but it was clear that an unscheduled landing was imminent. After touching down heavily, Tamar opened the doors and ordered me out whilst he attempted to perform repairs.

I stretched my legs and turned just as Tamar aimed his heat weapon at me. I dived to one side, feeling the wash of warmth from the fringe of the beam. I ran for cover just as a thorny bush burst into flames beside me. I realised that the flyer's fault was little more than a ruse to get me out into the open, in readiness for execution.

Cresting a hill, I raced down the other side looking for anything that would serve as a weapon. Weaving from side to side to avoid Tamar's fire, I approached a fast flowing stream and dived in without hesitation. I swam under water for several yards, emerging further downstream amongst a clump of reeds that partially concealed my location.

I could hear Tamar pacing along the bank, cursing loudly and occasionally firing at what he believed was my position. A small wading bird exploded in a mass of guts and feathers, but this only seemed to antagonise him further.

After an eternity I heard him walk away. The sound of the flyer's engines filled the air, confirming my hypothesis about the nature of the fault. Its shadow fell upon the water and he used the craft's weapons to start fires all along the bank. Whenever the beam fell upon the river, a large plume of steam rose into the air as the water dispersed the energy.

I progressed stealthily further downstream until the flyer was some distance away. I watched as it continued its traverse until it finally rose up and departed back towards the citadel. I waited a further hour to make sure that he didn't double back and catch me on open ground, and then slowly climbed out of the water: miserable and dripping wet from head to toe. The fact that I was still alive compensated enormously.

Located a short distance away, a small copse of trees provided cover and the prospect of shelter from the elements. The light was failing rapidly and once within the sanctuary of the trees, I stripped off and hung my gown over a low branch to dry. Naked, I gathered small twigs and dead leaves and formed a small pile on a bare patch of ground.

I flicked the switch on the laser knife and was pleased when a twig began to smoulder then burst into flame. I added more twigs and dry leaves until I had a respectable fire going. Having spent hours immersed in the cold river, it slowly drove the chill from my aching bones. I held the gown close to the flames to help it dry.

By nightfall, I snuggled into the robe around the dying embers and drifted off into a fitful sleep. The iPhone was inoperative and I prayed that once all the water drained out of it, it would start to function normally once more.

Nocturnal creatures disturbed my slumber on numerous occasions. I desperately hoped to avoid an encounter with any predator, particularly a fully-grown Trog. From what I understood, they were very powerful and could be extremely aggressive.


The next morning, I realised that I needed a destination in which to head. The village that I'd visited was on the banks of a river, but I had no idea how far away, or in which direction it lay. With no easy alternative, I headed north along the bank and hoped for the best.

A hedgerow provided what appeared to be an abundance of blackberries. With my stomach grumbling, I plucked a single berry and took an experimental bite. It tasted vaguely familiar and I ate all that I could reach. Flavour exploded in my mouth and my hands struggled to keep up with my ravenous appetite. With my hunger finally sated, I filled my pockets with more for later.

My stomach soon began to ache and I feared I'd inadvertently poisoned myself. I sat down and thankfully the feeling slowly passed. The poisoning turned out to be little more than chronic overindulgence.

Other possible treats came my way. Some I recognised, but others I didn't. Where I was unsure, I gave them a wide berth. By far the highlight of the day was the discovery of an apple tree that bore the most delicious fruit imaginable. I laughed, realising what the citadel was missing with their genetically modified, pest resistant produce.


The first sense of danger came late in the afternoon. A grunting sound from just ahead caused me to drop to a crouch, and then slowly creep forward to investigate. The Trog didn't spot me straight way, giving me ample time to observe it closely. Roughly man sized with a thick coat of coarse hair, it walked with a mild stoop. From my observation, this particular specimen was probably female judging by the hairy breasts dangling from its chest, and the lack of a penis. If anything, it reminded me of pictures of early man taken from anthropological textbooks. Its fingers ended in sharp claws and I recollected the story about one of the villagers receiving a nasty infection from them.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.