The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict - Cover

The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict

Copyright© 2011 by Uncle Jim

Prelude

Science Fiction Sex Story: Prelude - Bill and Suenee spend some time at 46th Group Headquarters, but there is trouble brewing in the Shan States, and Bill is soon on a Team headed there to solve the problem with a little help.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

Definitions - Thai Culture

Kamois - thieves of various sorts

Klong - canal; a waterway; there are various sizes and many were filled in starting in the early '60's.

Klong jar - Large ceramic or concrete vessel for the storage of rain water

Makhong - Thai whiskey. Mixed with 7UP it will give you the shakes in the morning. Mixed with any cola it will give you a terrible hangover as well as the shakes. Best cure - a taste of the dog that bit you.

Samlor - three wheeled bicycle. Google samlor for pictures and history

Sarong - dress made from various materials 1 meter wide by 2 meters long. Wraps around the body.

Sawat Dee - traditional Thai greeting

Tuk tuk - a small three-wheeled vehicle with a two cycle engine. There is a driver's seat in the front and a wide passenger seat over the rear wheels. There is a roof, but it has open sides. (Google Tuk Tuk to see pictures.)

Wai - traditional Thai hand greeting, also used to show respect. Google "Wai Thai Greeting".

Army Definitions

USARPAC - U. S. Army Pacific Area Command. Headquarters in Hawaii. Controlled Army units in the entire Pacific area.

JUSMAGTHAI - Joint U.S. Military Assistance Group Thailand. The Headquarters Organization that controls all U.S. military operations in Thailand. It provides Command, Control, and Assistance to U.S. and Thai Forces.

46th Special Forces Group - U.S. Army Special Forces unit assigned to help the Thai Army with training and other assistance. They run a number of camps along with Thai Special forces on the Thai border with Lower Laos, Lower Cambodia, North Vietnam, China, and Burma. They also provided training and assistance to the Thai Border Police and the Thai Army Rangers.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. All characters and the events portrayed in this story are fictional, and any resemblance to real people or incidents is purely coincidental. All of the locations and some of the military units, however, actually exist or existed.

INTRODUCTION

This story takes place in a Parallel Universe. The separation point is when the six Amulets arrived on earth. This was about fifty years before the founding of the Chakri Dynasty in Thailand (6 April 1782).

Thanks to the presence of the Amulets, Thai kings had much more influence in the Karen and Shan states on their northern and western boarders between Siam and Myanmar (Burma). The Karen were the first to respond to offers by the Chakri Thai government to join them. They were offered semi-independence while retaining their own rulers, customs, and religion, but with close ties to the Bangkok regime. Since the Burmese had never treated the Karen well and had, in fact, considered them nothing but slaves, the Karen accepted this offer, and the Thais sent troops to secure the border there against the Burmese. Over time the Karen provinces were assimilated in to Greater Thailand.

The Shan were a somewhat different problem. Having ruled the Ava Kingdom in the 16th century and then been defeated by the lowland Burmese, theirs had been a very changeable existence based on the strength or weakness of the ruling Burmese king, and they had been nearly independent at many times. They had supplied major portions of the Burmese Army, and, in fact, without them Burma would have been unable to carry out its campaigns in lower Burma, Thailand, and other places.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.