Halloween and Batman

by DG Hear

Copyright© 2011 by DG Hear

Romantic Story: Do clothes really make the man?

Tags: Romantic   Halloween  

Just a short non-erotic story for Halloween. If you're looking for sex, it's not here. For the rest of the readers I hope you enjoy it. A big 'Thank You' to Estragon for making it a much better read.

I'm what most people would call a normal, non-descript type guy. I'm 5' 10", weigh 160 lbs. I'm not overly smart, but not dumb either. I've always been on the somewhat quiet side when it came to girls.

In school I was the guy you never remembered in class. You would have to look in your yearbook to remember my face. I didn't play sports or belong to any clubs. Next to my picture in the yearbook there was nothing listed but my name.

I liked sports but my Dad owned a hardware store and I worked for him as far back as I could remember. School, homework and working at the store was the main part of my life. I did workout at the store when it wasn't busy. I had my own gym equipment in the backroom. I kept myself in good physical shape, but I wasn't the best dresser.

I usually wore plaid button-down shirts and jeans. At the store I usually wore a red vest with our logo on it. I have two older sisters that helped at the store once in a while but they were more involved in school. By the time I was a sophomore they had graduated. Both are now married with families.

During my senior year Dad and I talked, and we both thought I should go to Community College for a couple of years and take Business Management courses. I could have a degree in less than two years if I went during the summer; that's what I did.

I really did have a decent life, it's just that I never really dated. Between school and work I didn't really have the time and I guess I was always afraid of being turned down. That's a pretty big hit to a guy's ego.

I met Becky at college. We got paired up on a science project. I doubt I was her first choice but the teacher did the parings. She was pretty and easy to talk to, even for me. We were pretty much a complete mixed match.

She graduated from a different high school than I did. She was a cheerleader, volleyball and softball player as well as the homecoming queen. She was nice and friendly to everyone.

After college she was going to work in a loan office that her uncle owned. She was going for a degree in accounting. I guess you could say we became friends but didn't hang together.

I heard her talking with her friend Sylvia, who said too bad she got stuck with me. She was matched up with a hunk and she wanted to know if Becky was interested in a double date. The hunk, Dave, had a friend Bob that would be more than happy to go with Becky.

"Jamie isn't such a bad person. He's cute in his own way and he's a good partner with a good heart. I think he's just shy. I think you're pre-judging him," said Becky.

"You might be right but he dresses like a farm boy and doesn't seem like he would be much fun. He's way too quiet. You can't trust them when they're that quiet. So, are you on for the double date on Friday?"

"Sure, why not? I get tired of studying all the time."

That was pretty much the way it was through college. I saw Becky around but she just had the personality that drew the popular people. She still always was nice to me, smiling whenever she saw me.

She dated a number of different guys but never stayed with anyone very long. One day I was eating lunch and she sat down at my table. "Hi, it's been a long time since we talked. Remember when we were science partners?" she asked.

"How could I ever forget? The dweeb and the most popular girl," I smiled at her.

"Don't knock yourself down. There's nothing wrong with you. You're just shy. Someday you'll meet the right person and all that will change."

"Have you met the right person?" I asked.

"Not really but not really looking all that much either. Right now I need to get my degree and get my position at my uncle's firm. We have three weeks left before graduation, remember?"

The sad part for me was I had this crush on Becky but would never have the courage to ask her out. We did graduate and my parents put a 'Congratulations Jamie' sign on the outside of the hardware store. Everyone around town and all our customers came in and congratulated me. It was almost embarrassing. A lot of family even stopped by. My sisters were really happy for me.

Most of our customers were men and a lot of them were contractors. Now and then a nice looking woman would come in, usually to get something for her husband. We didn't get an overabundance of young women in the store.

Mom also posted a sign that said "Free Lunch". It was for friends and customers in honor of my graduation from college. We had a lot of people come in. Free meals attract a lot of business. I looked up and saw Becky come in. She walked up to me and gave me a hug. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

"I saw the sign and thought it might be you. Your parents must be really proud of you."

"How did you see the sign? What brings you to this area?" I asked.

"My Uncle Ralph's business is just across the street. We might be seeing a lot of each other."

I introduced Mom to Becky and she told her to have lunch. Becky did make a sandwich and I sat down with her while she ate.

After she left, Mom asked about her and I told her she went to the same college as I did and she worked for her uncle at the loan office across the street.


We saw each other a couple of times a week and basically waved at each other. I worked every day except we were closed on Sundays and also did my workouts. I wasn't the muscle bound guy that you see in magazines but I had tight muscles and low amount of body fat. We did a lot of lifting in the hardware business.

I heard there was a large Halloween Party being held at one of the nightclubs in town. I had turned twenty-one and never had been to bars. I saw Becky one day and she said she was going to it. She and her friend Sylvia were going in their cheerleading outfits from high school. They were surprised they could still fit into them. She asked me if I was going and I told her I didn't think so; I would be out of place.

"How can anyone be out of place at a Halloween party? Everyone will be wearing costumes. You should try and make it. It's late Friday night and your store will be closed."

"I'll see but I doubt it," I replied.

I drove to a large city about thirty miles from our town after work one night and went to a costume shop. I must have tried on a half dozen outfits. I looked like a dork in most of them. Then I saw a Batman costume. It came with the head mask so no one would know me. It actually had elevated shoes, which made me look taller.

There was padding that went in the chest, arms and thigh areas. It wasn't bulky but made me look a lot bigger. It even came with a Batman walking stick. It cost a hundred dollars to rent for two days but seeing he had three of them he would sell it to me for two hundred fifty dollars.

I purchased it and thought how stupid I was. All this money to impress Becky, and I wasn't planning on letting her know who I was.

I dressed at home except for the head mask. After parking my car, I put on my mask, grabbed my Batman walking stick and went into the huge lounge. Everyone had to show their ID at the door. Only adults were allowed.

There was a twenty dollar admission fee which included the snacks and water but not drinks. I grabbed a bottle of water and a straw. The mouth piece was big enough for me to eat but the straw made drinking much easier.

I walked around watching all the people in their costumes. Quite a few women came up to me and said, "Hi Batman", some even asked me to take them to my Bat cave or for a ride in my Bat mobile.

I was really enjoying myself and danced with a few of the lesser dressed women. Women who wouldn't have giving me a second look if I wasn't in costume. I even saw two other Batman costumes but they were nowhere as fancy as mine.

I spotted Becky and her friend Sylvia. They were at a table with a few other women. I sat on a bar stool not far from them. They were dancing with a number of men and also just the women all together.

After Becky sat down I bought her table of six women a round of drinks. I then asked Becky to dance. She looked sexy in her cheerleading outfit. I figured it was a little tighter than she expected. It showed her every curve.

It was a slow song and we talked. "I'm Becky and you are?"

"Batman tonight, Bruce Wayne by day," I replied.

"Right, Batman's alias. It's nice to meet you, Bruce, I mean Batman; it is night." I liked to hear her laugh.

I felt good holding her. She had no idea it was me since I was three inches taller and the padding made me larger also.

I ended up dancing with her a quite a few times as well as her friends. Even Sylvia treated me different. I guess clothes really do make the person. I had to laugh at my own joke.

It was a couple of hours later when Becky came up to me. She looked worried. "Have you seen my friend Sylvia? She's dressed in a cheerleader's outfit like me. She left for the restroom almost a half hour ago and hasn't returned.

"My friends and I checked the restroom and she isn't there and no one has seen her on the dance floor."

"Maybe she left with a friend," I suggested.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.