Happy Endings - Cover

Happy Endings

Copyright© 2011 by Bowhuntress

Chapter 10: To Market

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10: To Market - A bit more story than pure sex. Although I do enjoy writing sex stories and it shows. Jill meets a man and falls for him. Will they have a happy ending? Or is that just a fairy tale?-- oh and I didn't put rape as a rating although there is an attempt.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

"You should take JC." Larry said finally.

"Why in the name of Lincoln's cat should I take JC?" I frowned at Larry. New stock was needed and I had figured Larry would be going with me.

"I've been here a long time. I've handed a bit of everything." Larry shook his head. "I don't buy."

"I'll be buying Larry." I said puzzled.

"You'll be paying." he corrected. "You need someone with an eye for flesh."

I knew JC had an eye for flesh alright. I just wasn't sure it was for livestock or my own. It had been a few weeks and I was easier around him. But once in a while there was a touch that lasted too long, or a smirk at the wrong time or look or ... I dunno, just something.

"You're Daddy ... No." Larry shook his head firm. I was puzzled.

"Larry you saw what Dad used to bring back, You know what he looked for. You know what we can handle now. I've been so long out of it, and when I was here I was just Daddy's little girl, he never shared that kind of information with me and..."

"JC." Larry was firm.

"Larry honestly I don't think I can trust JC." I stood up now looking Larry in the eye.

He laughed.

"You can't."

I blinked. Huh?

"You can't trust him with money. Or booze. Or anything female. If he didn't live here I wouldn't trust him to show up for work." Larry held up a hand stopping me from interrupting. "He can however tell good livestock from bad. He can judge temperament and health of any animal."

"So can you." I pointed out.

"Yeah. Takes me longer. And I work better with one animal at a time. You'll be dealing in bigger numbers. You need a faster eye and a faster hand. You'll need someone younger who can talk the talk."

"Meaning I'll need a younger male." I scowled at him. "A woman can't handle it?"

"Jill it doesn't matter what year it is. It doesn't matter what the business is. Men deal with men better in what men THINK is a man's topic. They'd deal with me, sure. But they'd be less quick to make a bad deal with JC. He's got that look."

I knew he was right. JC had the look that screamed panther. Slick, beautiful and peaceful. But dark and deadly. Which is why he was such a lady killer.

"But how would I know JC would be dealing on my side?"

"He's got no reason not to. And every reason to." Larry said simply and walked out.

Larry's face had a way of saying so much. What he really had said was JC still had the hopes of a conquest and a ranch owner is a great way to go from ranch hand to ranch boss with a few quick beddings. JC would make a good deal because he'd have the hope of one day having a stake in the place. Did Larry think I was going to be sleeping with JC?

Was I? Granted I'd seen him move and handle a horse. I'd seen him ride and had the brief wild thought but was able to tramp it down. I was his boss afterall. I'd felt him brush against me more than once when he reached by me, working, I hadn't been so quick to pull away. Was I attracted enough to consider bedding JC?

Maybe. I smiled in spite of myself. I'd let loose that long hair and just see what that man could do with those hips and...

I frowned. No. I was his boss and had no intentions of crossing that line. Not for a quick lay. Ah but man, I bet his long fingers that tied knots so easily would be...

"Larry said you wanted me?"

I blushed from my toes upward. Nice choice of words there JC.

"No." I said and corrected myself, flustered. "I mean yes. But. Sit." I managed to get out and sat behind my desk gesturing to chair a safe distance away.


Now with his hand on the small of my back we entered the hotel lobby. It was an over familiar gesture and I allowed it unsure how to stop him. Oddly it was very light, hardly touching but just more of guiding connection. I wasn't sure he was the bad guy Larry thought he was.

I'd left the ranch in Larry's hands who was checking the fences on the wide open pastures. Billy was tending the areas closer to home and Mrs. Morgan had charge of Pat. JC and I entered the hotel of the auction. This week we were going to be buying, and a lot. There was a seminar or two to attend. The general market in town to look over live stock. A small rodeo to attend. Dinners and countless other things to do before we headed home. First thing first, checking in.

Looking around I could feel the testosterone in the air. It oozed from the very walls. There were men of every age, size and color simply everywhere. The air smelled of aftershave and spice. Here and there I'd spot a women. Either a rich buyers wife, a flashy dressed rodeo groupie or a tired overworked hotel staffer, but the men simply overwhelmed them. Something primal was triggered off in me and I felt my hips sway a bit more and my smile grow brighter. A business trip it may be but you can't fight mother nature.

Joining rooms. I hope that wasn't a mistake. The plan had been so Larry and I could plan days, discuss options and generally keep our heads together. I quickly unpacked if only to discharge some of my nervous energy. No sooner had I stowed the empty suitcase JC tapped on the door.

"Hey JC come on in." I opened the door and gestured to the small round table in the corner.

"I brought these." He held up the schedule of events for the weekend.

"I've never been to one of these before but it feels more like a Shriner's convention than anything else." I joked taking a seat across from him.

"Yeah. Pretty much what it is this week with an auction thrown in for an excuse." JC admited. "Although there is some business happening. You should attend this."

JC was pointing at a seminar class titled Meat, Government and You.

"Hm." I said and instantly Kevin popped into my head. "I mean umm ok. I guess I should. Anything else?"

JC nodded. "Here this and this ... and maybe this."

He pointed out a few more classes on vaccines, feed and one with the FDA. I nodded.

"And you?" I asked scanning the page.

"Yeah. Here, here and I'll join you in the vaccines. I'd like to hear what is new in steroid use as well as the normal vaccines."

JC and I planned most of the week. Everyday was filled from first thing in the morning till late afternoon. Evening activities were provided such as silent auctions to raise money for causes. There were times to view the live stock down the street. Times to hear speakers spout off whatever was on their minds. And of course, time for parties.

"Dinner?" JC asked when we were through.


Three days had past in a whirl wind of activity. I'd learned so much I was fearful of forgetting things and thus had notes all over the place.

JC had turned out to be a great choice to have around here. He did in deed know very much about live stock and was a very handy teacher. Once you got him talking, and relaxed around you he wasn't as imposing at all. More charming than dangerous. And he kept the more friendly of the men here at the hotel at bay. Most weren't any more sure of him than I had been when I first met him.

I had several herds, now, in mind and new better what I was looking for, thanks to him. Also I had several young breeding mares I had my eye on. It was going to be a simple matter of money when push came to shove. I had to spend it perfectly. This was no easy venture. Most people didn't just decide to raise cattle like deciding to plant roses. And frankly I wasn't. I wanted to maintain a small herd from here froward. But I had decided horses were to be my main goal. But that took time, and money. Both of which the cattle were going to buy me. I hoped.

"You ready?" JC called from the door connecting our rooms.

"Yeah, almost." I walked over and opened the door.

Tonight was a more formal gathering. It was for owners and cattle barons, as JC called and suggested I attend.

"I'm not at all sure about this. It seems..." I waved a hand in the air and grabbed my clutch purse.

"Pompus?" JC said with a grin.

"Very much so." One hand on the wall I slipped my feet into heels.

I'd chosen a dress which had been for sale in the hotel window actually. A bit more sexy than I'd have normally picked out but JC suggested I look as soft and feminine as I could tonight. I understood there were times to play with the boys and then there were times to be a woman. I just hoped he knew which time was right.

The dress was red, a primary bright scream in your face red. I looked down again, not at all my normal choice. In the front I was covered from just above the knee to my neck, both shoulders covered and my arms all the way to my wrists. The front had a built in bra which wasn't half as supportive as it needed to be. The surprise came in the back. At the nape of my neck there was a small clasp which held the dress up, but left my entire back bare. I could feel the cool air from the air conditioner. It felt naked, long and vulnerable. The fabric was left to sag and drape seemingly loose over my ass. Small slits along either thigh allowed small glimpses of thigh to peek out as I walked. It screamed sexy. I glanced in the mirror once again, unsure.

"I don't think..." I was ready to change out of the dress.

"You're fine. In the front they'll see business and intelligence. In the back..." JC left off with a shrug. "They'll not know what to expect from you, and that's always a good thing."

I frowned at him and we left the hotel room. I couldn't help patting my hair and fidgeting. My hair was of course in a loose upswept do, soft but under control.

JC grinned ear to ear, holding the elevator door opened for me. The man was charm in itself when he wanted to be. Even without his hat he was still right out of Hollywood.

Downstairs in the convention room, the place sparkled. The hotel had put out candles everywhere and dimmed the normally bright lights. People mingled and waiters carried platters of both food and drinks.

JC and I stood to the right of the door, getting a feel of the room before we mingled.

"There's Brown, and Coleman." JC nodded to a small group of men talking not too far away. "Bowman and Marcus." He continued. I noted there location for later, Bowman was one of the sellers whose herd I'd been looking at. "Fergus'"

JC nodded to the other side of the room where indeed both the senior and juniors of the Fergus family were talking all with the wives hanging on their every word. Many of the women actually wore gowns to the floor I noticed. Maybe I was under-dressed after all.

"And there- I don't think you've met him yet, I heard he's buying up land next to yours, you should go meet him. I think his name is..." JC paused thinking.

"Where?" I tried not to look as if I was searching.

"There, over by the projection screen, with the red head on his arm. Thompson, that's it." JC said.

I looked where the screen had been that morning, now it was curled up and hanging almost hidden in the curtains. Below that I found the red head, in an emerald dress that ended at her knees, her long hair swinging free. She was laughing at someone I couldn't see through the crowd.

"Oh? He's buying property?" I turned and looked at JC.

"Yeah. The farm right next to your place. Who has that now?"

"Gibbons" I supplied absently. "You said Thompson?" I asked again, a slow feeling of doom creeping in my stomach.

"Yeah, all I could find out today was he was from out West and is looking for a place here. The Gibbons have to sell, you know they've lost money on their farm and..."

I waved JC quiet. I knew that the Gibbons had still tried to raise tobacco when they should have stopped years ago. Most farmers in the area were raising soy or converting the land into...

"Kevin." I whispered.

It was him. I caught just a flash. It was him. It was Kevin.

"Ah you know him? Kevin Thompson, that's right." JC was still scanning the room looking for names he knew he hadn't noticed I'd gone very rigid.

"Yes. I know him." I said at last. I scowled for only a moment then put on a false smile. "JC why don't you snag a waiter and get us a drink, I don't care where."

JC did a double take at my expression then went to do just that.

Wealthy was he? Moving in next door was he? Be back indeed. I had turned my back to the room and was keeping busy looking for nothing in my purse. I knew damned well my face always showed way too much. By the time JC was back I was in control again. Or so I thought.

"Let's begin with the Fergus' shall we?" I said with an over bright smile at JC. I placed my hand on his arm and we entered the room.

We toured the room I was careful never to get too near Mr. Thompson. JC seemed to take it upon himself to make sure my drink was never empty, which was a chore indeed tonight. I was drinking much more than I should have been.

I knew it the moment Kevin realized I was there. I felt it. My back suddenly burned where JC's hand rested against my spine. I was talking to the owner of a ranch who wasn't too far from mine. I think. I'd completely forgotten his name the moment he was introduced to me. I knew my face and smiled looked like it was phoney, it felt phoney. I nodded not at all sure if I should have nodded or not, only he'd stopped talking and when I nodded he went on. My mind was rapidly taking in everything else.

I'd drunk too much. My skin felt flushed and warm. JC's fingers moved lightly in tiny circles on my bare skin causing the tiniest of electric pulses to shoot though me, and naturally my nipples were responding as well. My neck and back felt at risk, like a tiger was stalking me about to pounce.

I turned placing my empty glass on a tray and despite my control my eyes shot out and met his. Kevin, he was indeed staring right at me. I cocked an eyebrow at him and turned back to what's his name. JC's fingers went back to their resting place. A place where they'd been in the habit of being all week, only now on my bare skin...

"Excuse me." A voice I knew so well interrupted whats his name.

"Jill, Jill Cannon?" Kevin's mocking voice asked, his hand held out for me to shake. "I thought I saw you."

"Kevin." I nodded coldly, refusing his handshake. Bastard wanted to pretend he didn't know me did he?

My blood pressure rose and I'm sure my coloring did to. Without knowing it, I had moved even closer to JC, away from Kevin.

"I wasn't aware you were here." Kevin said his eyes locked on mine, ignored the other men in our little cluster.

"Nor was I." I said coldly again meeting his stare with a challenge.

He looked great. Why did men look so good dressed up. He even smelled good.

"Keevinnn." A whinny voice said over his shoulder.

I broke my stare to look at the red head rubbing her hands over his shoulders. Kevin quickly shot the woman a look and then was looking back at me.

"Let's go dance. You promised me dancing tonight." She kissed his ear and tugged on his shoulders.

Could a person die on the spot? I wanted to. This is the kind of shit you see in the movies. Things like this just don't happen. But here it was happening. I snatched a glass from a passing waiter.

I met Kevin's eye and took a healthy swallow.

"Oh by all means Mr. Thompson, do go entertain your ... lady." I said leaning back more on JC.

JC's arm moved and slid under my dress to wrap around my body and rest on my hip. Kevin's eyes saw it, even if it was hidden by the red fabric.

Mr. What'shisname chimed in. "Oh do, all of you young people, go dance, enjoy yourselves. You don't have to entertain an old man like me."

Kevin gave us a mocking half bow and twirled his partner to the floor.

I finished my glass and held it out to Mr. What'shisname.

"Are you sure?" JC asked already heading to the floor. He knew something was up. There was no hiding the sparks that flew from Kevin and I.

"Shut up and dance." I smiled up at him. "Like you mean it."

"Your wish..." JC turned me and the room spun in blurred colors.

He pulled me close and swayed. "I didn't mean to ummm." His hands were on my bare back, pressing. I took his meaning.

"I know you didn't. I moved, your hand slid."

He was apologizing for his hand slipping into my gown. I remembered he hadn't withdrew until I moved, but didn't want to point that out to him right now.

"I take it you know Mr. Thompson." JC asked, his hands moving over my back as we moved.

"Yeah, you can say that." I said trying to keep from watching him on the dance floor.

"And you wouldn't mind giving him something to regret?" JC asked, his meaning lost on me for a moment.

"Oh I'd like to make him regret a thing or two."

JC dipped me and brought me upright again. Oh how the world moved and swayed. I was more than a bit drunk.

"I don't think you should do that again." I whispered into his shoulder.

JC laughed. "Ok. Here, Tuck in your chin, I'll do the rest."

JC turned my head inwards and rested his chin on my head. "Just listen to the music and sway."

With my eyes closed I saw less colors and the world stopped spinning. The music humed into me and I could almost imagine it was Kevin holding me. We turned slowly once, then again. My feet following as JC lead us around the floor.

I could feel his fingers slip around the edges of the gown, dipping down low over my bare ass under the dress. Just his fingers. I wondered if Kevin was watching.

"I don't feel well. Can we get some air?"

JC chuckled and we swayed off of the floor.

"I think, I think I should go to the ladies room. Which..." I looked right, then left then held onto JC's arm.

"This way." He said holding my hand firmly on his arm he made sure I made it to the door.

A bit of water, a refresh of makeup some deep breaths of air and I was ready to go again.

"Better?" JC asked when I emerged.

"Yes, sorry it took so long." I smiled at him. "You've been great."

"Not my place to ask but..."

"Then don't." I gave JC a look. "But I'm going back to have a good time."

"Just don't do anything you'll regret." JC warned and we were engulfed by people once more.

I danced and swirled and mingled and laughed with every man that cared to smile in my direction. I was determined to become the Bell of the Ball as it were. Every time I glanced at Kevin, he was engaged with his red head. Once more I was returned to JC's side.

This time JC was in a debate with someone over steroid use on cattle.

"JC I need a moment." I told him to which he absently nodded.


"Mike? Was it Mike?" I asked my current dancing partner who was still at my side. It was late and I'd been dancing for a long time. I had manged a performance tonight that was worth two thumbs up. I hoped to hell Kevin had seen it.

"At your disposal." He said gallantly.

"Ah if you'll excuse me, I think I will get some air." I smiled at him. Nice looking man. I could easily picture him in Levi's and a cowboy hat. Less of a land owner, I thought. Some Spanish blood I thought, his skin a darker hue, dark hair, that rugged good looks.

"Ah but I'll accompany you." He winked at me. "Keep you safe that is."

I laughed delighted in his gallantry again. I almost felt the need to curtsy.

We made our way to the side door which lead directly out into the hotel garden and pool area. It was closed for swimming while they refreshed the chemicals and the smell of chlorine was strong.

"Here, this way." Mike lead me away from the pretty blue pool and deeper into the garden. Less pretty in the dim lights but I was able to pull a deep breath of air into my lungs.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.