Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning
Prologue

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Prologue - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

January 2013

Philly Flowers was glad it was Saturday, a Saturday where she had no appointments. Chucker, her husband, had an appointment to get the car serviced and when he came home they had the day to themselves, but right now it was her “me” time. She poured her second cup of coffee and spread the paper out on the table and got a pencil to do the Daily Crossword. With Christmas and New Years out of the way, January signaled a new beginning in many ways.

Her mind raced a bit as she did the puzzle, letting the high and low lights of the week ease from her mind. She had lunch with Avis Strong, who had been the honcho at Hampden Behavioral when the Selena Johnson case played out. Avis asked if she had talked to Selena recently and sadly, she had to tell her, “no, not in two years.” When they came back from Jamaica in early December of 2010 they took a trip to New Jersey after they had gotten settled in their townhouse in across from the Fox Studios. Joe had become concerned with the sometimes “thin skin” she had about meaningless comments he made kidding around with her. It was a situation where her temper would flare very uncharacteristically. Selena was also concerned when occasional “avalanches” of memory would open up. Never of anything that troubled her, just details that she had seemed to have forgotten came rushing down on her, like unlocked closet doors over packed and spilling on you unexpectedly.

Philly had told her that it was all too normal to have these “rushes” of memory after her ordeal. The thin skin and temper filled tirades were simply a rush of doubt in her abilities, and she never seriously doubted her abilities. But when someone else did, as in the “kidding” Joe may have done with her all throughout their relationship, she now took seriously think she may have been damaged by her 9 year ordeal. Philly hoped she had calmed those doubts and fears, but she hadn’t spoken to her in about 2 years. She saw her on the Financial News blurb on TV often and watched for worry lines or anything that may have shown stress. A much as she may have wanted to keep a relationship with Selena, Philly knew her presence was a reminder of a time Selena, and Joe for that matter, would just as soon forget.

She finished her puzzle and flipped through the pages for the Jumble and saw it on the next page, just under the New York State News page. The Newark Star-Ledger was as much as a New Yorkers paper as it was a New Jersey paper. As she looked at the first word in the Jumble IOONN she scratched her head. “God, 5 letters and I’m blank. How about NOONI, maybe when Chuckers gets home we’ll have a noony. Heh, heh.” She let her eyes peruse the page as her mind worked to unjumble the letters to a common word. She was pissed at herself because she KNEW it was a simple word. As she scanned the page she saw the news byline, “New York family among the dead and injured in Sedona bus crash”.

The story referred to a tragic bus crash with mostly foreign tourists who were taking a winter post Holiday trip from a Sedona Resort to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. A boulder fell from a rock formation just outside of Sedona on the return trip to The Hilton Sedona. The boulder fell on the car in front of the bus, killing both local passengers, but the bus had little to no time to stop or react and 8 people on board died from the impact; the driver and the 3 people in the first row behind him, and the 4 people in the front two opposite rows. Among the dead were Merilee Langston, of Horicon, NY, a village North of Lake George. Her husband, Dean Langston suffered serious head and leg injuries. A daughter, Dana was thrown into a vacant row on impact and suffered only bumps and bruises and possible concussion. Dean Langston had left his wife to use the on board facilities as the accident happened. Merilee was alone in the forward most seat on the 55 seat Chinese made luxury tour bus.

Suddenly it hit Philly, ONION! How could I have been so thick as to not get THAT right away. She filled in the word, as well as the other 4 words and the puzzle was solved. She got up from the table cleaned up her toast crumbs, wiped the coffee ring from the enamel topped kitchen table and went for her shower.

As she showered something bothered her about the name Langston from the bus story, some connection to the Selena Johnson case. When she finished her shower and had dried she went to her file cabinet and looked up her folder on Emory Richards, a name from that old case. Her testimony on Richards cooperation in the solving of the Selena Johnson mystery of her “disappearance” helped him earn the lifting of his probation to go to Hackensack General as ER Chief of Staff. She was sure that was where she heard that name.

In the folder there was an envelope with a small 3 X 5 card where she jotted the name he had given her as the adoptees of the Selena Johnson baby. Dean and Merilee Langston, and they had named their adopted daughter Dana Maria. It was illegal for Emory Richards to have the information, illegal to pass it on, for certain. His affair with a Postulant at St. Marian-Maries Convent, who had doubts of her calling, who had helped deliver adoptions as part of her step to Noviciant (a candidate for to become a Catholic nun). She had broken a vow to let him obtain the information, along with her virtue. If there were any question about the legalities, certainly ethically, it was forbidden.

Philly felt terrible for the whole situation, from keeping the information from the Johnsons, to the terrible accident, but decided that keep it all to herself was best. Selena Johnson had not asked for the information since the first months of her discovering she had a baby. Philly was sure she badgered Joe from time to time, but Joe respected the fact the information was guarded and may come in due time, for the good of all. Philly HAD told Joe that someday she might divulge the name to him IF she had assurance that they would not pursue the girl, only watch from a distance to satisfy curiosity. Apparently Joe never thought Selena was strong enough to handle that, and even so, Philly really wanted to wait until the girl was 18 before she divulged what she knew.

Across the expanse of freeways and maze of travel corridors and the bridges over the rivers and inlets of New York City, Selena Johnson was waking up in their townhouse to the smell of coffee and bacon. She shook the cobwebs of sleep as reality was hitting her. She had gotten into a long meeting at WSGG after having to go back after her Financial Report taping. Against her earlier claims that she wouldn’t, she was doing the TV drop-in 4 nights a week, with Alexis Konstantakis and an over night news editor filling in the other nights and when Selena couldn’t make it,

She, along with Ross Curran, Jaye Centofranchi, Deneigh Myersen-Cole, John Branniff, J. Trace Fountain, and Chielm Beupour, (phonetically referred to as Slim Beepo) were in conference to select from 3 possible candidates to select 2 soon to be open seats. Berkley Quarters, who had taken Deneigh’s job as reception and executive assistant sat steno over the meeting. John Branniff and J. Trace Fountain had both been working just 3 and 4 day weeks for a few years and both yearned for retirement. Ross Curran planned to stay on until he was 70, another 2 plus years. He had been in excellent health and wanted to enjoy some retirement before he fell into the health and restrictive problems of his 2 retiring friends. As they all pored over the early senior year marks and guidance counselor comments on the three there was much debate.

They used a marble system for many votes of this kind, to keep opinions and votes anonymous and not having to express reason why one might prejudge a candidate. “Obviously,” Selena began, “with 2 men and one woman to choose from I think it’s natural to pick one man and one woman, but their qualifications before personality interviews are really quite the same. If I may, let me ask for a vote if anyone is opposed to having another woman that would make us more female than male. If a woman candidate should pass muster it would be her, Jaye, Deneigh, and myself, with Slim and Ross. While I certainly don’t have a problem with that line-up, some members and potential members may. Keep in mind that Ross and I may BOTH leave within the same year. I think you all know I have passed my commitment and remain only because of my love of the markets and each one of you. White marble in the cup says male or female makes no difference, black marble means male candidates only.”

Selena reached under her privacy cover in front of each of them and put her marble in the hole in the cup and passed it to Slim, next to her and he passed it along the line. When the cup came back she opened the cover and dumped the contents on the plate.

“5 black marbles, 2 white.” She said showing no expression of her choice. “We clearly, as a majority, feel remaining mostly male is a good way.”

Deneigh sat up straight and raised her hand saying, “If I may have the floor.” And the rest all nodded to her with Selena holding the gavel and pointing her way.

“I don’t pretend to be as gifted as the rest of you in the realm of the intricacies of the financial world, but I certainly have my talents as evidenced by your votes to be a part of this group. As much as I would love to shout, “I am woman, hear me roar” I would hate to think of this board dominated by us. From my vantage point I think we should bite the bullet and take all three of the candidates in as potential members and immediately begin a search for another.”

Ross began to stand, and Deneigh turned to him, “Please Ross, hear me out.” She said before continuing, “Should all three pass muster it would allow us to let Mr. Curran and Ms Johnson to retire when they wish and leave us with 2 new men, Slim, plus Jaye, myself and the prospective new woman. Three and three: leaving our search for another male member to be sure we lean that way. I feel it’s imperative we show a stronger male side for business posture. Rather than debate my words I might ask that Ms. Johnson request a vote for MY feelings rather than beat a dead horse. I think we need to step up and spend the money to get younger as soon as we can. Certainly the minds of Slim and Jaye would establish strong leadership in the future, but before we accept a possible 4 new seats they might see the workings of Ross and Selena in total. The two of them inspire me daily and are the sole reason I am here at the table instead of on a stool instead of Berkley taking minutes. I am fully confident that at some point we will all look to Jaye and Slim they way we look to our current mentors. I personally think that Mr. Branniff and Mr. Fountain would walk away with a clearer conscience knowing that line-up behind them will feed their legacy.”

Deneigh sat down and each member at the table realized that although she did not possess the gift, as they referred to it, she was very astute in workings of business and knew where to look for guidance in Ross and Selena, but also realized the tremendous talents of Slim and Jaye.”

Selena sort of smirked and looked around the table.

“Umm, Black marble, ... what she said (chuckling at her own lack of ability to repeat Deneigh’s long suggestion). White, we continue the debate, but not necessarily tonight. Nine o’clock is much too late for any of us to get home on a Friday night. Joe Johnson has texted me 20 times and I’ve auto responded “patience” each time.”

They all chuckled at her words as Selena placed the first marble in the can and passed it.

Very quickly the can came back to her and she deposited 6 black marbles on the plate.

Selena looked up and Deneigh said, “I abstained to make it fair, but thank you all for your continued confidence in me.”

“Adding another candidate will end up costing us another 4 to 5 hundred thousand from our shares. Black marble OK’s that.” She said assuming the can would return with all 7 black and it did.

Selena gaveled their meeting closed and they all were quickly on their way home. Joe was already asleep when she arrived and she simply got into bed and fell asleep quickly. Now, upon waking, she was lying in bed playing it all back in her head.

Her thought reverie was broken by the body of Joe Johnson climbing up behind her, semi-startling her. “OK, put work behind you now. We lost our Friday night out with Joe and Shanna and have to make it up to them. If you had answered my texts instead of auto-responding you might have read that.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.