Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

Nurse Flowers had access to resources the general public would not be privy to and she quietly used them to piece together Selena Johnson’s medical history from 9/11 until now. Her first problem was finding multiple records on her admittance to the hospital since Joe hadn’t given her name and Emory Richards hadn’t asked for it not knowing Joe was going to run away so quickly. She needed to be stabilized as well as they could before worrying about formalities.

In accessing information online, even with her enhanced access to information out of view to the general public, it was apparent that some records were either scrubbed or not available. The transpositions of the field notes from the ambulance that Emory Richards reviewed in front of the Hansons didn’t exist and a trip to Christian Hospital was going to be necessary. She decided to make it a cold call, as the Hansons had, just to assure herself that nothing funny was going on. Joe’s discovery of the missing days, the fact that 911 was never brought into the mix on her case, differing reports of her mental state upon arrival some describing raging, and others catatonic, yet she told someone her name was Sue Johnson, were all just a bit too much conflicting.

There should have been a pregnancy test at some point early on to help determine the safety of certain medications and anesthesia, but none appeared to be done. An unconscious female being catheterized before surgery would most certainly be tested, yet none appeared. There were several redactions in the admitting nurse’s notes with no photocopy of the original available, yet all other transcribed notes in the new database linked to the originals for viewing. Yet, Shelly Peters produced the original for Dr. Richards in the Hansons presence. When checking the admitting nurse’s initials, she found ER everywhere and the bottom signed E. Richards. He had admitted her himself. That was not entirely strange, but an RN should have counter-initialed his signature at the end. There were 3 instances where the letters “rdt”(redacted) appeared in smaller font and gray type in the transcription. Philly went over in her head the standard procedure checklist for a trauma case with foul play suspected, as this should have been treated at the time. “Undergarment removed and bagged for DNA”, “Semen present”, and a note where vaginal bleeding is described as menstrual or sexual were all redacted.

“I wouldn’t mind talking to the other attendant on that ambulance to see if I get the same story as Emory Richards account was.” Philly thought to herself as she flipped through the URL’s to get his name. It was then she realized that the other attendants name appeared nowhere in any of the documents pertaining to this case.

She typed quickly to seek information on the same ambulance for the day before, and day before that and found Emory Richards P.A. listed as EMT and Jack Spagner M.A. listed for each day. She looked up subsequent days and found the same. Why was his name washed from the 9/11 entries? Curious she call the H.R. Dept. at Christian Hospital to inquire about one of their employees, Jack Spagner, as he was being considered for a position and he had used Christian Hospital as a reference. After being referred to the proper person, an older woman’s voice came on the line.

“You wanted information on Jack Spagner? You should know he uses the French-Canadian pronunciation “spahn-yay”. He left here about 8 years ago and we don’t give references after 24 months of separation.” She told her.

Sensing the woman as older and perhaps a nosy type, she persisted.

“Oh? He listed the hospital as a reference.” Nurse Flowers commented.

“Well, I suppose we might be the last place he was before he went to work for his brother.”

“His brother?”

“Oh yes, his brother is the administrator at The Felsen Clinic.”

Philly Flowers quickly thought about The Felsen Clinic. It was a brain studies hospital where mostly violent schizophrenic and multiple personality patients were studied, many times to give disposition to the courts for worthiness for trial or for social incarceration.

“Could this be the “White Room” she spoke of in her day count?” She thought to herself.

She always assumed that “White Room” meant the 7th floor at Christian Hospital where the atmosphere was “white” and non-criminal patients, traumatized or violent, usually being readied for drug rehab, were held and counseled until they were mentally prepared to be moved to a bridge to society.

Phyllis Flowers decided it was time to snoop around in the patient logs of both Christian Hospital and The Felsen Clinic. If there were a cover up going on with treatment method or lack of tests or hidden tests and results, one thing they couldn’t cover up was the existence of the patient themselves. Since no one was apparently making claim of “Sue Johnson”, they could ferry her around a bit without question. Patients with no viable means of payment or insurance were usually given over to state sponsored institutions after 10 days, but with overcrowding and understaffing the state was picking up the tab for some patients until they could be moved to one of their institutions. Once dollar one was paid there was a file on that patient and making them disappear was impossible.

Using her New Jersey State Medical Administrators ID she was able to start accessing admittance records of both facilities. Using Selena’s day counts she began to look up patient transfers between the two places from September 20th, her count of 9 days forward of the “ambulance hospital”, and the next 82 days of Selena’s count of her stay in the “white room”.

Philly set up an Excel file for 7th floor patients using the 9/19/01 roster and then used a system of tabbing discharges and transfers out. They were either sent: HOME, STATE HOSPITAL, FELSEN, HAMPDEN, MORGUE, or OTHER. Because Jane Doe’s were sometime later identified, Nurse Flowers simply gave each patient a number that sub-texted a name when highlighted with the mouse. Of the 14 patients on the floor 4 were men and 10 were women. Three of the women were Jane Doe’s given the names Jane Doe 2001-190, Jane Doe 2001-191, and Jane Doe 2001-192 by the hospital. Sue Johnson became the 15th patient on the floor. Daily notes by the nurses showed checkbox’s for commonalities for these types of patients. Lucid, confused, restrained, Rx unaware, Rx aware, catheterized, pregnant, etc.

It appeared that “Sue Johnson” was restrained and kept on a low dose of something to keep her calm. Philly remembered that one comment written earlier was that she would “rage” whenever they weaned her off any drugs. She could only imagine her mental state.

In the entries for October 10th there were notations of Sue Johnson vomiting. At least once a day they tried to get her to sip pureed foods through a straw to supplement any intravenous feeding but they were afraid of her becoming “too aware” and choking. At some point during this time they did a pregnancy stick in her catheter bottle and she was marked as “pregnant”. This entry appeared for the 11th and the 12th. Then the pregnant box was no longer checked. Strangely though, Jane Doe 2001-191, began to show “pregnant” on her daily chart. On November 21st Jane Doe 2001-191 was transferred to The Felsen Clinic where she remained until May 17th 2002. She apparently delivered a baby during that period and was then transferred to Hampden. However the admission forms to Hampden were for Sue Johnson and then a transfer back to Christian Hospital was placed for Jane Doe 2001-191.

The “human inventory keeping” was very sloppy and apparently overlooked by administration. The fact there were 3 Jane Doe’s and Sue Johnson, who for all intents and purposes was also a Jane Doe, for whom they made unscrutinized moves and the changes went unnoticed. The sign-off on the daily patient list was done by a staff doctor, Jason Ulrich, but always with a stamped signature with initials ER beside it. Philly assumed that was Emory Richards.

Unless there were some problems, like a drastic change in one’s health, a doctor, or intern probably went to the floor, looked at charts, asked a few questions, signed off, and left. Anyone there who was a “patient” (read paying customer) of a particular doctor was certainly covered in their rounds, but Jane and John Doe’s and other wards of the state on loan for over-crowding, got wham-bam treatment unless they had a health problem besides the one that got them there.

APN Phyllis Flowers knew something was awry but wasn’t sure of the ultimate source. Her questions about Emory Richards were always answered with glowing reviews. He was a complete competent orthopedic surgeon, a qualified Osteopath, and said to be one of the best Emergency Room triage Doctors according to any nurse who ever worked with him. So why was he apparently taking part in a cover up or scam with this one patient that he had fleeting contact with?

Although she had the initials APN (Advanced Psychiatric Nurse) with her name, many of the people she would like to engage on this matter would look at her as a “nurse. An APN is much more and since they very often witness abuse of those in psychiatric care. Nurses, doctors, orderlies, and anyone who comes in contact with the poor souls, can be having a bad day and forget that having extra patience is necessary; APN’s need to address this with the patients and report it to the Medical Examiners Board. New Jersey’s Medical Examiners Board was called The State Medical Examiners Review Panel. It consisted of 8 members, plus a presiding officer who serves “ex officio” (an officer not necessarily part of the purpose of the board, but the keeper of common ethical standards). She hadn’t had to seek the board for quite a few years so she checked to see if she might have a friend or willing ear that might at least inconspicuously look into problems here and decide if an investigation is needed.

Her heart fluttered and then sunk a bit when she saw the names on the current board and Dr. Shane Proctor’s name jumped out at her. He had been her first love, meeting in Med School when she had aspirations to be an MD. After some time she caught him cheating and broke it off, a move she didn’t get over for a long time. After a few months she had a few short term affairs to get back “into play” and she met Charlie, her husband. Charlie, better known as “Chucker” for his softball pitching prowess, was a production manager for a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Some eight years later she once again crossed paths with Shane at a Medical Convention in Pasadena. They struck up a friendship again, before the night was over, she found herself cheating on Charlie. It wasn’t a vengeful move to prove dissatisfaction with her marriage, it was simply sex.

Morally she was sorry, but otherwise she negotiated with her conscience that sex with Shane was animal, dirty, horny sex and much like enjoying a ride at an amusement park. She still loved her husband very much, and had a very satisfying sexual relationship with him (still a couple times a week after 11 years, and occasional all bed weekends). Her dalliance with Shane posed no threat to her marriage, as long as it remained her secret. Shane was a Lothario who would never settle down. He told her when they split that he never intended on remaining true to her, even though he loved her more than anyone else he had ever had a relationship with, a line he obviously used many times.

She placed a call to a few of the hospitals and psychiatric centers she dealt with and worked in on a regular basis and asked about the Jersey State Medical Examiners Review Panel to see if they were as tough as she remembered when she interned. Two different administrators talked in particular of the handsome investigator who could catch you off guard with his good looks and then strike like a cobra, enforcing every little codicil to the last letter. He had left a long list of suspensions and warnings around the state. She knew of who they spoke, it had to be Shane, it was just his way.

Although she was convinced that Shane couldn’t coerce her into bed again, she did feel a tingle within at the thought of it. Reluctantly she called the board and left a message for Shane to contact her. In the meantime she went back to meet with Scott and Betty Hanson. Joe and Selena had one more meeting with the Hampden and Edison people to secure ID’s and proper paperwork to begin to rebuild their lives before returning home.

“I know that you both have faced a hundred questions and are sure to be interviewed a 100 more times in the next few weeks, but I do want to go over a few things as I step up and investigation of everything that went on with your daughter. Joe has brought some things to my attention that he believes to be irregular. He doesn’t want to impair your daughter’s recovery by involving her at this time, but I have found some things I think should be reviewed again.” Nurse Flowers began as both Betty and especially Scott Hanson looked forlornly back at her, as if to say “what ELSE could there be”?

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.